Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Four away wins before Christmas ??? 17:12 - Dec 22 with 4806 viewssmegma

Now will the 'experts' give McLaren credit ??
[Post edited 23 Dec 2018 9:44]
Four away wins before Christmas ??? on 17:15 - Dec 22 with 3643 viewsbosh67

To win at Forest almost elevates him to saintly status.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Four away wins before Christmas ??? on 17:40 - Dec 22 with 3508 viewsEsox_Lucius

At least it won't be the 0 points and 2-9 goal score this season... I hope LOL.

The grass is always greener.

Four away wins before Christmas ??? on 17:44 - Dec 22 with 3474 viewsHunterhoop

Four away wins before Christmas ??? on 17:15 - Dec 22 by bosh67

Get the statue carvers at the ready!
Four away wins before Christmas ??? on 17:48 - Dec 22 with 3438 viewsBluce_Ree

I give the man full credit now. Admittedly I wrote him off entirely when we were getting quadraspazzed at the start of the season but I wasn't entirely unhappy when we appointed him and I'm certainly glad we did now.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Four away wins before Christmas ??? on 17:50 - Dec 22 with 3414 viewsflynnbo

Four away wins before Christmas ??? on 17:44 - Dec 22 by Hunterhoop

Get the statue carvers at the ready!

Will require a Rodinesque sculptor to recreate his hair island, though. Also was redemption for him after his unhappy 112 day spell there. Take a bow and pleased for you, Mr McLaren.
Four away wins before Christmas ??? on 17:57 - Dec 22 with 3362 viewshubble

Four away wins before Christmas ??? on 17:15 - Dec 22 by bosh67

Four away wins before Christmas ??? on 18:00 - Dec 22 with 3338 viewsMetallica_Hoop

As I've said to a few of you when out and about, I wanted him gone after the Bristol game and I don't usually call for managers head's on a platter.

Whatever he did (majik) and wherever we finish he's done an amazing job of turning it round.

Well done sir.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2018 18:01]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Four away wins before Christmas ??? on 20:44 - Dec 22 with 3020 viewspaulparker

Yeah well done Steve, has done wonders and turned it around , he isn’t my cup of tea and I would like to see the likes of manning, smyth & BOS in the team but Mclaren deserves massive credit and respect for the job he has done, you never know we could be safe by February

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

Four away wins before Christmas ??? on 20:49 - Dec 22 with 2996 viewstraininvain

Four away wins before Christmas ??? on 20:44 - Dec 22 by paulparker

Yeah well done Steve, has done wonders and turned it around , he isn’t my cup of tea and I would like to see the likes of manning, smyth & BOS in the team but Mclaren deserves massive credit and respect for the job he has done, you never know we could be safe by February

I think we’ll see more of them as the season progresses. Similar to last season.

Just out of curiosity, who would you replace with Smyth, Manning and Bright?
Four away wins before Christmas ??? on 20:50 - Dec 22 with 2984 viewsHooparoo

Four away wins before Christmas ??? on 20:44 - Dec 22 by paulparker

Agree with all that. He certainly has us organised which is pretty much how he had us in his previous brief tenure as Harry’s 2IC even though Redknapp took all the credit of course. 😬

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Four away wins before Christmas ??? on 21:27 - Dec 22 with 2862 viewsTacticalR

We don't need no experts.

Air hostess clique

Four away wins before Christmas ??? on 21:34 - Dec 22 with 2836 viewspaulparker

Four away wins before Christmas ??? on 20:49 - Dec 22 by traininvain

I think we’ll see more of them as the season progresses. Similar to last season.

Just out of curiosity, who would you replace with Smyth, Manning and Bright?

Bright for Pavel
Manning for scowen
Smyth to rotate with Eze

Yeah I know we at doing well but I would like to see those 3 players get some game time especially smyth he has a big future imo , it doesn’t mean I’m slating Steve he has done a good job with the players available and proved me wrong, I just would like to see some of our talented youngsters given a run out, but if we are winning then they have to earn their place
Either way we are in a good place and that feels good to say as a QPR fan at Christmas

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Four away wins before Christmas ??? on 22:44 - Dec 22 with 2683 viewsplasmahoop

There was talk before about trying to erect a Steve mclaren statue outside the city ground if we won there. I think we should apply for planning permission
Four away wins before Christmas ??? on 22:49 - Dec 22 with 2665 viewsdaveB

he deserves full credit now just as he deserved stick when we were crap at the start of the season.

He's doing a very good job, long may it continue
Four away wins before Christmas ??? on 23:43 - Dec 22 with 2569 viewssmegma

Four away wins before Christmas ??? on 18:00 - Dec 22 by Metallica_Hoop

As I've said to a few of you when out and about, I wanted him gone after the Bristol game and I don't usually call for managers head's on a platter.

Whatever he did (majik) and wherever we finish he's done an amazing job of turning it round.

Well done sir.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2018 18:01]

You wanted him sacked after 4 league games ???
Four away wins before Christmas ??? on 00:03 - Dec 23 with 2517 viewsPunteR

Four away wins before Christmas ??? on 23:43 - Dec 22 by smegma

You wanted him sacked after 4 league games ???

I think the emotions of sacking Ollie compounded a lot of fans reasoning to sack SM. Plus SM was legit cack at the start and was deservedly getting pelters.
I think 90% on here wasnt happy with him and wouldnt be upset or supprised he got the boot.
SM has turned it round. No question. Hats off.
No one knows where we would be if Ollie stayed but he definitely contributed to this upturn.
Its weird. I didnt think Ollie was the right appointment at the start but he turned it round at the end and i thought he should of stayed. I was happy for SM appointment but thought he should have been sacked after 4 games. I guess the lesson is you should stick with your manager. Which brings us back round to should Ollie got the sack?
Its all irrelevant now and looks like SM is doing the bizniz. And long may it continue.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Four away wins before Christmas ??? on 01:07 - Dec 23 with 2407 viewsisawqpratwcity

Four away wins before Christmas ??? on 00:03 - Dec 23 by PunteR

I think the emotions of sacking Ollie compounded a lot of fans reasoning to sack SM. Plus SM was legit cack at the start and was deservedly getting pelters.
I think 90% on here wasnt happy with him and wouldnt be upset or supprised he got the boot.
No one knows where we would be if Ollie stayed but he definitely contributed to this upturn.
Its weird. I didnt think Ollie was the right appointment at the start but he turned it round at the end and i thought he should of stayed. I was happy for SM appointment but thought he should have been sacked after 4 games. I guess the lesson is you should stick with your manager. Which brings us back round to should Ollie got the sack?
Its all irrelevant now and looks like SM is doing the bizniz. And long may it continue.

I cannot fathom sacking a creditable manager after four games. It defies any reasonable expectation to demand instant performance in a new position.

"Which brings us back round to should Ollie got the sack?" F*ck yeah. It should have been done in May 2017, after he had had 30 league games, missing relegation by a whisker. Giving him another 46 was a waste of time, money and opportunity, but at least they saw sense after that.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2018 1:08]

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Four away wins before Christmas ??? on 01:41 - Dec 23 with 2353 viewstimcocking

I'd think we'll all be giving Steveo plenty of credit. One thing that seems abundantly clear, he's constructed a very good defensive shape. Forest never looked like scoring. Nobody ever looks like scoring against us at the moment.

Excellent work Steve and everybody else.

Good ratting by Josh Scowen, lost count of how many times he got his foot in.
Four away wins before Christmas ??? on 01:57 - Dec 23 with 2342 viewsBoston

Four away wins before Christmas ??? on 21:27 - Dec 22 by TacticalR

We don't need no experts.

We don’t need no ‘stinking’ experts.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Four away wins before Christmas ??? on 02:06 - Dec 23 with 2337 viewsSharpy36

"I was happy for SM appointment but thought he should have been sacked after 4 games"

Loftforwords

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Four away wins before Christmas ??? on 02:13 - Dec 23 with 2332 viewsmylot50years

Four away wins before Christmas ??? on 00:03 - Dec 23 by PunteR

"No one knows where we would be now if Ollie had stayed" I do, and don't see anyone one queuing up to employ him he really is untouchable, we should rejoice and thank the board for his passing.
Four away wins before Christmas ??? on 08:01 - Dec 23 with 2116 viewsRangersw12

We just won at the City Ground in the first time in our history yet we have a thread like this

What a weird fan base
Four away wins before Christmas ??? on 08:12 - Dec 23 with 2096 viewsAgedR

Four away wins before Christmas ??? on 02:13 - Dec 23 by mylot50years

"No one knows where we would be now if Ollie had stayed" I do, and don't see anyone one queuing up to employ him he really is untouchable, we should rejoice and thank the board for his passing.

But, you don’t know. All you’re doing is guessing, with a clear anti Holloway bias.

This is a thread praising McLaren and I’m happy to join this. We seem a lot more settled this season, we’re consistently competitive away from home, we didn’t meekly capitulate against Brentford and now we’ve beaten Forest. I’m very happy.

However, McLaren has a very different terms of reference to Holloway. At no point was Holloway permitted to bring in quality like Wells and Rangel. The knives were out before the loans arrived.

My views is that Holloway did pretty well what was asked of him, considering the resources he was allowed. He also blooded Eze and others, which is to his huge credit.

McLaren is also doing well, but, it’s unfair to compare to two due to the differing circumstances.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Four away wins before Christmas ??? on 08:14 - Dec 23 with 2085 viewsLblock

Firstly in respect of Ollie we should recall that we were heading for relegation under JFH before his second coming - I remain convinced he kept us up that season.
He also helped reshape the squad to be a bit more suited to this level with the signing of Josh Scowen key.
I do however accept the criticism levelled in terms of tactics and selection towards the end.

Onto Schteveee..... I admit to having serious misgivings on him by the time the first weekend in September had rolled in. Those four defeats were one thing but it was the manner of them and the lack of response at the Bristol City game which had me worried; clearly the players knew the roll out tactics weren’t suited.
The loan signings were obviously immense but Schteveee did something you ever so rarely see Managers do - he admitted he was wrong and changed our approach. My fear was he’d steadfastly remain rigid as so many do but he mixed it up and huge credit to him for that.

It’s such a shame we’re constricted by the embargo and a budget of two bob and a conker as a couple of fresh additions in January could’ve maybe kicked us on. It’s also typical that injury to key players will keep them out long term over that period plus further loss of Luongo to a nothing tournament (to us in Europe anyway!!)
I don’t see us making the play offs, but be lovely to have them remain in reach for a couple of months just for further interest and entertainment. If we give Ipswich and Reading a hammering and the GD swings to positive before 2019 kicks in then I may revisit that play off statement though!!!!

Schteveee McLaren’s Blue and White Army!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Four away wins before Christmas ??? on 08:20 - Dec 23 with 2066 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Didn't think it would work for McClaren, not because I doubt his ability but because the club just don't foster an environment for managers to settle long term.

Amazed at our form, and happy to eat Humble pie.

That said, don't be surprised to see him sacked if we hit a difficult patch of form next year. He's done well but this club can be fcking mental.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024