Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best QPR Boxing Day Match Ever 15:13 - Dec 24 with 5852 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Who and When?
[Post edited 24 Dec 2018 15:13]
Best QPR Boxing Day Match Ever on 15:51 - Dec 24 with 3659 viewsfrancisbowles

Not sure but wasn't it Boxing Day when we beat Swansea something like 4-0 with Adel on fire?
Best QPR Boxing Day Match Ever on 15:56 - Dec 24 with 3651 viewsrrrspricey

Best QPR Boxing Day Match Ever on 15:51 - Dec 24 by francisbowles

Not sure but wasn't it Boxing Day when we beat Swansea something like 4-0 with Adel on fire?

^ This

Adel tore Swansea a new one that day
Best QPR Boxing Day Match Ever on 15:58 - Dec 24 with 3645 viewssmegma

I remember Kerry Dixon missing a penalty at the Loft End one year. No one knows where the ball landed up but I've heard rumours it was causing havoc over Gatwick Airport at the weekend.
Best QPR Boxing Day Match Ever on 15:59 - Dec 24 with 3643 viewsblacky2013

Best QPR Boxing Day Match Ever on 15:56 - Dec 24 by rrrspricey

^ This

Adel tore Swansea a new one that day

Mine was 1977 QPR 0 - 0 Derby County. My first ever QPR experience. Got the ticket for one of my Christmas presents
Best QPR Boxing Day Match Ever on 16:45 - Dec 24 with 3587 viewsHantsR

The Swansea game was epic and never to be forgotten.

However, another one that sticks in my mind was against Liverpool in 1991 - only 0-0 but some great banter with a bigoted old woman (can I say that?), a Liverpool supporter in our ranks in SAR, who was made to eat her words much to our great amusement. all I can remember otherwise is a great performance by Stejksal .
Best QPR Boxing Day Match Ever on 16:58 - Dec 24 with 3569 viewsloftboy

Best QPR Boxing Day Match Ever on 15:58 - Dec 24 by smegma

I remember Kerry Dixon missing a penalty at the Loft End one year. No one knows where the ball landed up but I've heard rumours it was causing havoc over Gatwick Airport at the weekend.

That wasn’t boxing day

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Best QPR Boxing Day Match Ever on 16:59 - Dec 24 with 3567 viewslosethedrum

A 2-0 home win against Norwich dec 26th 1975 , great trip home to Norfolk to gloat afterwards .

Best QPR Boxing Day Match Ever on 17:02 - Dec 24 with 3558 viewsloftboy

Best QPR Boxing Day Match Ever on 16:45 - Dec 24 by HantsR

The Swansea game was epic and never to be forgotten.

However, another one that sticks in my mind was against Liverpool in 1991 - only 0-0 but some great banter with a bigoted old woman (can I say that?), a Liverpool supporter in our ranks in SAR, who was made to eat her words much to our great amusement. all I can remember otherwise is a great performance by Stejksal .

The 1990 Boxing Day game was also Liverpool, 1-0 down and Grobelaar virtually threw the ball into his own goal, it was a couple of years later that the allegations against him came out, I often wondered whether our game was one that he got a brown paper envelope for.

Also remember going to Stamford Bridge Boxing Day 1985, sitting in the pub until 2:45, when we left the pub there were hardly any crowds, the game had been postponed and we didn’t know!
[Post edited 24 Dec 2018 20:51]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Login to get fewer ads

Best QPR Boxing Day Match Ever on 17:32 - Dec 24 with 3505 viewsjtuck

1974. 4-2 at home against Leicester. Phil Parkes scored a 'goal' with an enormous punt from his hands but the ref disallowed it for no good reason. Yes, kids, referees were crap back then too.

LAranger

Best QPR Boxing Day Match Ever on 18:29 - Dec 24 with 3442 viewsenfieldargh

the worst were two away defeats at Plymouth, Christ that was miserable mileage.

We beat West Ham 3-0 in the 80's I recall

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Best QPR Boxing Day Match Ever on 18:35 - Dec 24 with 3427 viewsAntti_Heinola

Didn't we have a fairly mental 4-3 v Brighton? And gave Norwich a stuffing once?

Bare bones.

Best QPR Boxing Day Match Ever on 19:08 - Dec 24 with 3384 viewstoboboly

Destroying Bristol City under Paul Hart.

Tell me it wasn’t the best, you cant, it was epic.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Best QPR Boxing Day Match Ever on 20:00 - Dec 24 with 3300 viewsDWQPR

Best QPR Boxing Day Match Ever on 18:29 - Dec 24 by enfieldargh

the worst were two away defeats at Plymouth, Christ that was miserable mileage.

We beat West Ham 3-0 in the 80's I recall

Remember that West Ham game well. At that time Alan Devonshire lives next door to my aunt and Nan in Perivale. He popped in on Christmas Morning when we were there and gave it some, nicely, that they would stuff Rangers. Gave him a load after the match. Still he gave me and my brother a signed West Ham ball each.

Best game on Boxing Day was definitely the Swansea game and I was right in front on Joe Allen when he was megged by Adel and it was easy to lip read him shouting ‘for fûcks sake’.

The Derby game in 1974 although 0-0 was remembered by me for two Derby players being sent off. If I recall Franny Lee and Charlie George.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Best QPR Boxing Day Match Ever on 21:52 - Dec 24 with 3208 viewsdixiedean

Didn't Parkesy play for them in that game? And Silkman scored for us ? I think they were top of the league at the time . Great game.
Best QPR Boxing Day Match Ever on 22:07 - Dec 24 with 3199 viewsloftus77

Remember a 2-2 against the Scum in 1984? Over 26,000 packed into Loftus Rd and one hell of an atmosphere. Shoud've won too.
Best QPR Boxing Day Match Ever on 22:34 - Dec 24 with 3161 viewsthame_hoops

Best QPR Boxing Day Match Ever on 20:00 - Dec 24 by DWQPR

Remember that West Ham game well. At that time Alan Devonshire lives next door to my aunt and Nan in Perivale. He popped in on Christmas Morning when we were there and gave it some, nicely, that they would stuff Rangers. Gave him a load after the match. Still he gave me and my brother a signed West Ham ball each.

Best game on Boxing Day was definitely the Swansea game and I was right in front on Joe Allen when he was megged by Adel and it was easy to lip read him shouting ‘for fûcks sake’.

The Derby game in 1974 although 0-0 was remembered by me for two Derby players being sent off. If I recall Franny Lee and Charlie George.

My nan lived opposite Alan devonshires parents in Perivale, ribchester avenue. He was such a nice guy from what I remember as a kid.
Best QPR Boxing Day Match Ever on 22:40 - Dec 24 with 3155 viewsDylanP

Man United 1-4 The Mighty Superhoops (1992)

I realize that this misses the criteria of the OP in one important way; the game took place on New Year's Day not Boxing Day. However, in my defense, we did beat Man United 4-1 at Old Trafford!

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Best QPR Boxing Day Match Ever on 23:25 - Dec 24 with 3123 viewsenfieldargh

I came all the way from California for that Derby game.

Landed at LHR around lunchtime met by my dad and straight to LR..
I'll never forget Derby wearing an all Red strip and a slightly rotund Charlie George getting sent off for kicking out as you rightly say.

It was an absolute crap game and one of those were you say why did I bother.

For the record

Parkes
Shanks
Gillard
Cunningham
Howe
James
Hollins
Francis
Bowles
Givens
Eastoe
Sub Busby

That central defensive partnership amazing kept out 9 Derby players
Think Elerslie road stand was being built?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Best QPR Boxing Day Match Ever on 23:30 - Dec 24 with 3120 viewsFDC

Edit

Shit wrong thread
[Post edited 24 Dec 2018 23:32]
Best QPR Boxing Day Match Ever on 00:10 - Dec 25 with 3086 viewsA40Bosh

Best QPR Boxing Day Match Ever on 15:51 - Dec 24 by francisbowles

Absolutely it was Boxing Day. Probably 2010.
Some may remember that I posted that I had my very first migraine on Christmas Day had taken one of the Mrs weapon's grade migraine tablets and woke next morning to remember dreaming for the first time ever the result of our next game and that we won 4-0.

I was reminded on here to visit the bookies next time it happens.

No migraine so far.

Happy Christmas everyone

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Best QPR Boxing Day Match Ever on 00:35 - Dec 25 with 3058 viewsCiderwithRsie

I've always had an idea that Dev was an R, either a fan or maybe o our books as a kid. Am I imagining that because he came from West London, or is there anything in it?
Best QPR Boxing Day Match Ever on 07:33 - Dec 25 with 2987 viewsdublinr

Best QPR Boxing Day Match Ever on 21:52 - Dec 24 by dixiedean

Didn't Parkesy play for them in that game? And Silkman scored for us ? I think they were top of the league at the time . Great game.

Barry silkman, yes indeed. Have we had any Israeli players between him and hemed?

Was there with my great uncle Jim, sitting in the top tier of the away end which was all reserved for rs. Got a great view of the goals. Currie scored one I think.

Best QPR Boxing Day Match Ever on 07:57 - Dec 25 with 2976 viewsstowmarketrange

Best QPR Boxing Day Match Ever on 07:33 - Dec 25 by dublinr

Barry silkman, yes indeed. Have we had any Israeli players between him and hemed?

Was there with my great uncle Jim, sitting in the top tier of the away end which was all reserved for rs. Got a great view of the goals. Currie scored one I think.

You seem to have forgotten David Pizanti,who scored a wonder goal against wet spam when we used to win fa cup games.
Best QPR Boxing Day Match Ever on 08:45 - Dec 25 with 2931 viewstraininvain

Best QPR Boxing Day Match Ever on 07:33 - Dec 25 by dublinr

Ben Sahar!!
Best QPR Boxing Day Match Ever on 09:13 - Dec 25 with 2908 viewsrichranger

Yes, remember it well - that year the 'home end' was the School End - as the new Loftus Road Stand was being built.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024