Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leg room at LR 10:01 - Dec 30 with 6340 viewsthame_hoops

Sat in C block SAR yesterday for the first time in a year (villa home 2017) and remembered why i hate it so much, despite a good view and built in padded cushion there was no room in the seat for me with people either side! I’m 6’4’’, in shape etc so not fat, but literally couldn’t sit comfortably for the game. Had to sit crooked and hold one leg all game to stop the seat in front from digging into my knees.

Seems to be more room in the paddocks, loft upper just as bad, anyone else have these problems, it’s making me not want to bother going again if I can’t get in the paddocks .. or am I just too tall for these old stadiums
[Post edited 30 Dec 2018 10:54]
Leg room at LR on 10:24 - Dec 30 with 4691 viewsWokingR

Try watching a few games from Ellerslie Road.
You'll never complain about South Africa Road again.
The older the stand the less room you get.
Leg room at LR on 10:33 - Dec 30 with 4668 viewsRs_Holy

Leg room at LR on 10:24 - Dec 30 by WokingR

Top of the R Block is great... we adopted safe standing a few years back and it’s fab!.... leg room no longer an issue 😆
Leg room at LR on 10:35 - Dec 30 with 4664 viewsloftboy

I’ve managed to get back row of the paddocks for the Leeds game which means I’ll be able to stand.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Leg room at LR on 10:42 - Dec 30 with 4640 viewsToast_R

Yeah this is a major problem for me and the older I get the less willing I am to put myself through it. My old ST days in PU, most people stood all game so it wasn't an issue but when we got to the PL a lot of the usually empty spaces behind were suddenly full with people that wanted to sit so it became a problem again and I gave it up. If anyone still believes the club doesnt need a new stadium, they are delierious.

I cant quite understand how its allowed in this day and age, far more prone to injuries from sitting in a space too small for your body for 2 hours plus than you ever were standing on a terrace.
Leg room at LR on 10:57 - Dec 30 with 4607 viewsthame_hoops

Leg room at LR on 10:42 - Dec 30 by Toast_R

Yeah this is a major problem for me and the older I get the less willing I am to put myself through it. My old ST days in PU, most people stood all game so it wasn't an issue but when we got to the PL a lot of the usually empty spaces behind were suddenly full with people that wanted to sit so it became a problem again and I gave it up. If anyone still believes the club doesnt need a new stadium, they are delierious.

I cant quite understand how its allowed in this day and age, far more prone to injuries from sitting in a space too small for your body for 2 hours plus than you ever were standing on a terrace.

Well put

It’s seriously a factor for me attending games now, think I’ve been spoilt at other stadiums I guess.

On another note, what a great idea for the ellerslie blue ST’s, nice to see that corner filled
Leg room at LR on 11:06 - Dec 30 with 4575 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I only leave my standing area in R Block when I am forced to (like cup games when the close the stand usually) but I found the leg room in SAR was even worse than Ellerslie, I am only 5 foot 9 but my mate is well over six foot and it is shocking for him.
Having said that I am not sure what the club can do about it other than spend a load of money reducing the capacity even more so I guess we are stuck with it for now.
Leg room at LR on 11:30 - Dec 30 with 4522 viewsstevec

Me and my son are 6 foot 4 and 6 foot 5 respectively. It’s either the back row standing or restricted view aisle seat these days as impossible to get aisles in our part of SAR with unrestricted view.

These dreadful seats have been the same bad design since built 50 years ago, the club are fully aware of the problem but choose to do nothing about it.

There is a solution, install seats with lower back support, that way your knees rest neatly to the side of shoulders of person in front and you’re not having your cartilages permanently rubbed up against hard plastic for best part of two hours.

I used to laugh about the damage to my knees but at an age now where I’m practically falling up the gangway leaving the ground (much to my sons amusement) and usually about half way down South Africa Road before I’m walking in a straight line.

As I say, generally laughed at myself about it but the club hierarchy need to take a look at themselves and confront this issue.
Leg room at LR on 13:09 - Dec 30 with 4378 viewsconnell10

I sit in the back row of Mu in the upper loft the reason being im 6FT 2 and find it much easier to stand most of the game! The seats in our ground are awful if you are tall.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Login to get fewer ads

Leg room at LR on 13:25 - Dec 30 with 4342 viewsTacticalR

The last time I was in South Africa Road was for the Stan Bowles benefit match and I got the impression that there was even less space per seat than Ellerslie.

On a side note, at half-time the area behind Ellerslie was like Belsen with the mass assembly of vapers.

Air hostess clique

Leg room at LR on 13:33 - Dec 30 with 4321 viewsBklynRanger

It's not even just leg room - elbow room, arse room, ball room - all in short supply.

My row in the Ellerslie was full for a change yesterday - in those situations you literally have to synchronise sitting down with the people beside you. I got a text in the second half and couldn't get my phone out of my pocket without sexually assaulting the bloke beside me - case goes to court on the 18th...

One way around this I've decided is to outlaw the use of puffy coats - absolutely no air-trapping, warmth-yielding materials permitted - one merino wool tek layer per person, subsidy for purchase thereof to be provided by the club after a circuitous online application process.
Leg room at LR on 13:38 - Dec 30 with 4314 viewssmegma

Here's the solution.

Leg room at LR on 13:45 - Dec 30 with 4297 viewsthame_hoops

Leg room at LR on 10:24 - Dec 30 by WokingR

I think ellerslie has more room than SAR as I’ve sat there without issues, all be it tight still. The lowering the seat backs could work.....
Leg room at LR on 13:54 - Dec 30 with 4276 viewsstowmarketrange

I guess I was lucky getting our season tickets moved to the front row of ML judging by the complaints of people sitting elsewhere in the ground.It was a little less cramped in NL and other parts of the lower loft than other stands,maybe because it’s newer than the others,and that’s possibly another reason to move the family stand to somewhere that the children won’t be pushed for space like the adults are in ellerslie or South Africa road.
Leg room at LR on 15:28 - Dec 30 with 4130 viewsTacticalR

Leg room at LR on 13:33 - Dec 30 by BklynRanger

It's not even just leg room - elbow room, arse room, ball room - all in short supply.

My row in the Ellerslie was full for a change yesterday - in those situations you literally have to synchronise sitting down with the people beside you. I got a text in the second half and couldn't get my phone out of my pocket without sexually assaulting the bloke beside me - case goes to court on the 18th...

One way around this I've decided is to outlaw the use of puffy coats - absolutely no air-trapping, warmth-yielding materials permitted - one merino wool tek layer per person, subsidy for purchase thereof to be provided by the club after a circuitous online application process.

Should we have a Kick Out Puffies campaign? Or maybe install a puffy detector at the turnstiles?

On the phone thing I have noticed some people really seem to thrash around when getting their phones out.

Air hostess clique

Leg room at LR on 15:58 - Dec 30 with 4094 viewsthehat

The stadium is outdated and cramped but by god do I love the place!

A perfect blue oasis in the heart of West London!
Leg room at LR on 16:06 - Dec 30 with 4073 viewsBklynRanger

Leg room at LR on 15:28 - Dec 30 by TacticalR

Should we have a Kick Out Puffies campaign? Or maybe install a puffy detector at the turnstiles?

On the phone thing I have noticed some people really seem to thrash around when getting their phones out.

Indeed. A couple of options to police this might be:

Provide all stewards with callipers to gauge if garment is over the newly stipulated 5mm thickness threshold.

Modify the turnstiles to have all supporters crawl through an exact-diameter-to-be-agreed-upon tunnel. If they can't get through they can't get in.
Leg room at LR on 16:18 - Dec 30 with 4042 viewsCamberleyR

Leg room at LR on 13:45 - Dec 30 by thame_hoops

I think ellerslie has more room than SAR as I’ve sat there without issues, all be it tight still. The lowering the seat backs could work.....

"I think ellerslie has more room than SAR"

I wouldn't say that. I'm the same height as you (6' 4") and also average build and I think the last time I sat in ER was the League Cup game against Sunderland a few seasons ago and the seat I had that night was absolutely dreadful for leg room (V Block I think). Right at the back of the stand I was in agony by the end and the leg room issue wasn't helped by the overhang of the commentary gantry giving a generally poor view as well.

The cramped seating along with the generally average to poor refreshment facilities is one factor that will prevent us attracting new, long term fans.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Leg room at LR on 16:23 - Dec 30 with 4033 viewsthame_hoops

Leg room at LR on 16:18 - Dec 30 by CamberleyR

"I think ellerslie has more room than SAR"

I wouldn't say that. I'm the same height as you (6' 4") and also average build and I think the last time I sat in ER was the League Cup game against Sunderland a few seasons ago and the seat I had that night was absolutely dreadful for leg room (V Block I think). Right at the back of the stand I was in agony by the end and the leg room issue wasn't helped by the overhang of the commentary gantry giving a generally poor view as well.

The cramped seating along with the generally average to poor refreshment facilities is one factor that will prevent us attracting new, long term fans.

Makes you wonder how they can’t speed up the bar service, what about selling beer tokens and having a dedicated section of the bar just to swap token for plastic bottled beer?
Leg room at LR on 17:01 - Dec 30 with 3958 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Ellerslie is the smallest. My boots were longer than the concrete the seat was fixed to last time I was in there.

Unfortunately I forgot this and when we scored promptly felt myself going into the row in front. Luckily the bloke in front of me was quite big so I I used him to stop myself. (he was cool about it)

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Leg room at LR on 18:51 - Dec 30 with 3831 viewskillinaskully09

Love the old stadium but it is dreadfully uncomfortable to sit in most areas of the ground.
Really need to upgrade or move to a new location asap.
Leg room at LR on 22:43 - Dec 30 with 3620 viewsHoopstar

Always very grateful to be of average size at Loftus!

At the Ipswich game a bloke in front (Ellerslie, Block W) tried to start a fight with my partner (5 foot 8) for 'digging' their knees into his back! He was only about 5 foot 6. Every other person just leans forward a bit to negate this but he decided to dig his elbow into their thigh until we gently suggested he put up and shut up...

Anyone else ever had unnecessary aggro from 'fans' at the ground around this? Ev is a good luck charm this year with 100% win record from six games! We've drawn 2 and lost 1 of the games they haven't come to so best to keep them happy!
Leg room at LR on 08:26 - Dec 31 with 3500 viewsKonk

I have sat in every stand at your place and the legroom is shocking in each of them. We ended up coming to some unofficial arrangement where all my lot sort of swivelled our bodies to the right or left and sat at 45% to our seats in a sort of semi-side-saddle arrangement. That helped a little bit. I like LR a lot as a ground, but it is seriously uncomfortable. I don't need an Emirates style padded seat and 4' of legroom, but I couldn't put my shins through more than the odd game at LR now.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Leg room at LR on 08:56 - Dec 31 with 3460 viewssmegma

Leg room at LR on 08:26 - Dec 31 by Konk

I have sat in every stand at your place and the legroom is shocking in each of them. We ended up coming to some unofficial arrangement where all my lot sort of swivelled our bodies to the right or left and sat at 45% to our seats in a sort of semi-side-saddle arrangement. That helped a little bit. I like LR a lot as a ground, but it is seriously uncomfortable. I don't need an Emirates style padded seat and 4' of legroom, but I couldn't put my shins through more than the odd game at LR now.

I think legs are outdated myself.
Leg room at LR on 09:46 - Dec 31 with 3401 viewsStanisgod

Leg room at LR on 08:56 - Dec 31 by smegma

I think legs are outdated myself.

I sit in Ellerslie P block and have probably the tallest bloke in the ground behind me so spend the entire season with two knees in my shoulder blades, so have to lean forward for 90 minutes to get out of range. Like the view and people so don't really want to move.
Another reason to bring back standing.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Leg room at LR on 10:24 - Dec 31 with 3375 viewsPinnerPaul

Leg room at LR on 13:33 - Dec 30 by BklynRanger

Brilliant - made me laugh!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024