Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well Done Cousins 17:38 - Jan 1 with 4725 viewsEmpireStateRanger

Not a big fan of his but I thought he played well today when we needed him. Even provided a couple useful passes forward!
Well Done Cousins on 17:45 - Jan 1 with 3643 viewstraininvain

Agreed. He broke up play well and you could see his confidence growing as the game progressed.
Well Done Cousins on 17:51 - Jan 1 with 3577 viewsBlackCrowe

Same i haven't rated him at all, in fact i groan when i see him on the teamsheet. But he was 6/10 today and apparently played well at Forest.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Well Done Cousins on 17:52 - Jan 1 with 3551 viewsHunterhoop

He was very poor first half, and much better second half. 6/10 for me. Steady. Scowen was the better of the two, IMO. Freeman MotM.
Well Done Cousins on 18:03 - Jan 1 with 3482 viewsdaveB

He was a lot quicker to the loose balls than he was at the weekend and was quick to win the ball back, i thought he had a good game
Well Done Cousins on 18:17 - Jan 1 with 3383 views100percent

Well Done Cousins on 18:03 - Jan 1 by daveB

He was a lot quicker to the loose balls than he was at the weekend and was quick to win the ball back, i thought he had a good game

Agreed, much more energy and decision making was much better. He needs a run to improve and this is his opportunity.
Well Done Cousins on 18:18 - Jan 1 with 3382 viewsPinnerPaul

Glad to hear - bit of a comeback from someone 'not fit to be a footballer'

One of the more ott reactions to the DRAW with Reading that one!

I know that wasn't you Dave BTW!
Well Done Cousins on 18:22 - Jan 1 with 3337 viewssmegma

Last two away games, Florist and Vile, he has played really well. Boxing Day he played well, less so against Reading. Yet everyone comments on the Reading game.
Well Done Cousins on 18:35 - Jan 1 with 3264 viewsconnell10

I thought he he had a good 2nd half today.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Login to get fewer ads

Well Done Cousins on 18:48 - Jan 1 with 3161 viewsEsox_Lucius

Give him the run in the side that Washington had and you might just see the player who won Charlton's POTY. He is playing a lot better now he is getting regular playing time. No-one came out of the Reading game with any real credit yet there are those desperate to find a scapegoat.

The grass is always greener.

Well Done Cousins on 18:49 - Jan 1 with 3153 viewsdavman

Well Done Cousins on 18:35 - Jan 1 by connell10

I thought he he had a good 2nd half today.

Yep, he did well. Hoping that the pressure of having Manning around as an alternative will spur Scowen and Cousin on. Much better from the pair of them today.

We are starting to look a bit of a team now, aren't we?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Well Done Cousins on 18:51 - Jan 1 with 3136 viewsWatford_Ranger

Well Done Cousins on 18:48 - Jan 1 by Esox_Lucius

Give him the run in the side that Washington had and you might just see the player who won Charlton's POTY. He is playing a lot better now he is getting regular playing time. No-one came out of the Reading game with any real credit yet there are those desperate to find a scapegoat.

He was crap against Reading. The worst of a poor bunch.

He wasn’t any better first half today.

He was good second half. Not amazing but if he always played like that he’d be fine.
Well Done Cousins on 18:59 - Jan 1 with 3075 viewspeakqpr

I saw this and thought we were talking about the (massively overpaid) Vikings Quarter back.
Well Done Cousins on 21:47 - Jan 1 with 2563 viewssevenhoop

Agree, no fan of his but he played well
Well Done Cousins on 23:06 - Jan 1 with 2424 viewsnix

I thought he was pretty good today, especially in the second half. I'd like him to be a bit more consistent and cut out the once-a-game mad tackle when we're not really up against it. But he's improving the more he plays.
Well Done Cousins on 23:20 - Jan 1 with 2388 viewsBklynRanger

This was an example of him at his best - closed down nearly everything around him and his passing really clicked. Great to see.
Well Done Cousins on 00:10 - Jan 2 with 2324 viewsridethewave

He was just as poor first half, however had a better second half and even got involved in some positive forward through-balls!

And no one is scapegoating anyone, seems it’s not allowed to criticise a player on this forum without being shouted-down.
Well Done Cousins on 00:17 - Jan 2 with 2312 viewsBklynRanger

Well Done Cousins on 00:10 - Jan 2 by ridethewave

He was just as poor first half, however had a better second half and even got involved in some positive forward through-balls!

And no one is scapegoating anyone, seems it’s not allowed to criticise a player on this forum without being shouted-down.

He was nowhere near as poor first half as he was in the last game - huge improvement - and why bother pulling out the victim card?
Well Done Cousins on 00:54 - Jan 2 with 2254 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Well Done Cousins on 00:17 - Jan 2 by BklynRanger

He was nowhere near as poor first half as he was in the last game - huge improvement - and why bother pulling out the victim card?

For what it's worth I thought he grew into the game towards the end of the first half. Prior to that, I thought they hit his channel. He wasn't bad but he certainly wasn't one of our standout performers. He was improving as the half went on. In the Match Fred I gave him a 5at half time, a 5 being average in my book. Traininvain thought that was a bit harsh, and that might have been right. Either way, Traininvain predicted he'd have a big second half, and he really did. I'd have given him an 8 for the second half.

He's been playing far better recently, no doubt due t the run of games, and today so no attempts from him at long passes. He pared his game back and was much the better for it. I'm not saying he can't play a more expansive game but when you're playing yourself back from injuries and hopefully back into the team then management will look for you to the right thing consistently. Today he did.

Good on him.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Well Done Cousins on 01:02 - Jan 2 with 2248 viewsWilloW4

Cousins is a very boring/ flat average player..nothing about him is any good/ interesting... Say goodbye and get rid.
Well Done Cousins on 06:53 - Jan 2 with 2130 viewsridethewave

‘And why bother pulling out the victim card”

What are you talking about? Have you got nothing better to do than come on this forum and shout people down for having a different opinion about a player?

I think Cousins is a vacant player, who adds nothing to the team. The occasional decent tackle or forward pass not making up for his overall lack of ability to really impact a game. I’ve always wanted him to do well and have always assumed there is a good player there. I was there that day when he tore us a new one against Charlton. But we have yet, after all this time, to see even w fraction of that supposed ability here.

And as I said, I thought he had a good second half and even got involved in some very positive play.

If you disagree with my opinion fine, that’s what football is about. But I don’t understand this attitude of anyone who criticises a player is immoderately being overly-negative?
Well Done Cousins on 07:01 - Jan 2 with 2118 viewswestberksr

Thought his energy and work rate were excellent in the second half, him & Scowen had good games.

Scowen's use of the ball was better too.
Well Done Cousins on 07:06 - Jan 2 with 2111 viewsjonno

As said previously - both Cousins and Scowen are decent players but it's not easy to just come in and hit the ground running when you have only had a few minutes here and there. The more consecutive games they get the closer they will get to their full potential.
Well Done Cousins on 07:32 - Jan 2 with 2084 viewsWestbourneR

Well Done Cousins on 06:53 - Jan 2 by ridethewave

What are you talking about? Have you got nothing better to do than come on this forum and shout people down for having a different opinion about a player?

I think Cousins is a vacant player, who adds nothing to the team. The occasional decent tackle or forward pass not making up for his overall lack of ability to really impact a game. I’ve always wanted him to do well and have always assumed there is a good player there. I was there that day when he tore us a new one against Charlton. But we have yet, after all this time, to see even w fraction of that supposed ability here.

And as I said, I thought he had a good second half and even got involved in some very positive play.

If you disagree with my opinion fine, that’s what football is about. But I don’t understand this attitude of anyone who criticises a player is immoderately being overly-negative?

I don’t get where this ‘tore us a new one’ vs Charlton comes from. I was also there that day and it was Ademola Lookman who was incredible. Only player that shone on either side.

Cousins rep appears to be built entirely on a myth based on a misremembering.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Well Done Cousins on 10:06 - Jan 2 with 1981 viewsBklynRanger

Well Done Cousins on 06:53 - Jan 2 by ridethewave

I'm sorry but what you're saying doesn't really add up - nobody is shouting, nobody is scapegoating anyone, nobody is stopping you from being as positive or negative as you want about whichever player you like - go for it. I don't know if you're upset by some previous experiences on forums but there's really nothing to see here - you're posting as if you're already halfway through an argument when one hasn't even started.
Well Done Cousins on 10:32 - Jan 2 with 1939 viewsrobith

Well Done Cousins on 01:02 - Jan 2 by WilloW4

Cousins is a very boring/ flat average player..nothing about him is any good/ interesting... Say goodbye and get rid.

Get rid lol

It really is that easy guys!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024