Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best Loan Player We've Ever Had 19:41 - Jan 5 with 2935 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Kyle Walker for me.
Best Loan Player We've Ever Had on 19:51 - Jan 5 with 2233 viewspaulparker

Yep I agree on Walker but Routledge was also just as good that season, you could also add
Mark Kennedy
Wells
Camp
Mancienne
Beck
Darren Ward
Bolder
Fraser Digby
Townsend
Cook
Kevin Mcloud
Jerome Thomas

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Best Loan Player We've Ever Had on 20:11 - Jan 5 with 2189 viewsRoller

Lee Cook for me.

He dragged our team, still ravaged by the effects of administration, out of the slump in which Vauxhall Motors was the nadir and launched us on a run to the play offs. In the 13 matches he played in, QPR won 8, drew 2 and lost only 3. He was instrumental in generating sufficient momentum to enable Rangers to achieve a playoff position at the end of the season. Without his three month spell in W12 Rangers would not have been close to a playoff spot.
Best Loan Player We've Ever Had on 20:19 - Jan 5 with 2169 viewsterryb

I think another one to add was Stephen Kelly.

He played a big part in us reaching the play off fimal in 2003.
Best Loan Player We've Ever Had on 20:42 - Jan 5 with 2112 viewsEsox_Lucius

Don't forget, Adel Taarabt was a loanee originally.

The grass is always greener.

Best Loan Player We've Ever Had on 20:44 - Jan 5 with 2100 viewsCiderwithRsie

More of a might-have-been, but Paul Walsh was a fine player and I believe Gerry wanted to keep him permanently, but Spurs wanted too much. The bastards flogged him off to Portsmouth next season anyway.

If we'd signed him he'd have been the obvious No 10 to play alongside Les the next season when of course we finished 5th - given that neither Bradley Allen nor Gary Penrice quite established themselves as automatic choices in that role, I wonder whether we might have just pipped Norwich to 3rd place and European competition.

Mind you, it didn't do Norwich that much good in the long run...
[Post edited 5 Jan 2019 21:12]
Best Loan Player We've Ever Had on 20:49 - Jan 5 with 2082 viewsShotKneesHoop

Kyle for me. I saw Kyle play in three early home games on the trot and I said to a Spuds fan. "He's so fast, so good, he should be in your first team, so he can play for England. He's that good."

His reply "No way whilst 'Arry is our manager"

'Arry, the brown envelope king of Crufts.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Best Loan Player We've Ever Had on 21:18 - Jan 5 with 2002 viewsRangersDave

didnt our Lee do something financial for us, like not take wages or something but it mounted up to a fair bit when we were 'in the sh1t'?

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Best Loan Player We've Ever Had on 21:23 - Jan 5 with 1988 viewsEsox_Lucius

Taye Taiwo. We definitely should have signed him when we had the chance, he was amazing.

The grass is always greener.

Login to get fewer ads

Best Loan Player We've Ever Had on 21:27 - Jan 5 with 1973 viewsNeil_SI

Akos Buzsaky's best period for us probably came when he was on loan, before the move was made permanent.
Best Loan Player We've Ever Had on 21:31 - Jan 5 with 1959 viewsloftboy

Gus ceasar 😇

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Best Loan Player We've Ever Had on 21:33 - Jan 5 with 1954 viewsSnipper

Best Loan Player We've Ever Had on 21:27 - Jan 5 by Neil_SI

Akos Buzsaky's best period for us probably came when he was on loan, before the move was made permanent.

That’s the shortest post you’ve probably ever made fella. 😮😮😀😀.

As has been said, Cook was absolutely brilliant for us during his loan spell. Walker was too. I was gutted we couldn’t keep him at the time. Even though Bradley Orr was fit again.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2019 21:34]
Best Loan Player We've Ever Had on 21:38 - Jan 5 with 1926 viewsPunteR

kyle walker. THE best loan.
Routledge was also superb the same season but for me Walker just tore up the league and gave us the momentum to go on and win the league.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Best Loan Player We've Ever Had on 22:26 - Jan 5 with 1834 viewsCamberleyR

Best Loan Player We've Ever Had on 20:44 - Jan 5 by CiderwithRsie

More of a might-have-been, but Paul Walsh was a fine player and I believe Gerry wanted to keep him permanently, but Spurs wanted too much. The bastards flogged him off to Portsmouth next season anyway.

If we'd signed him he'd have been the obvious No 10 to play alongside Les the next season when of course we finished 5th - given that neither Bradley Allen nor Gary Penrice quite established themselves as automatic choices in that role, I wonder whether we might have just pipped Norwich to 3rd place and European competition.

For me the primary reason we didn't finish higher than 5th in 92/93 was the loss of Super Ray for three months with injury in the Everton home game just after Christmas, nothing to do with lack of firepower up front.

In that period we picked up just 17 points from 15 games. Prior to that we had 32 points from 21 games. On his return for the final six games we won four and drew two (including the Easter games where Les got his back to back hat tricks) meaning we gained 46 points from the 27 games he played that season. Had we had him for the full 42 games that season we would have finished at least third possibly second I reckon.

We also weren't helped by losing Gary Penrice with a broken leg at Middlesbrough (by that thug Jon Gittens) almost immediately after we lost RW. He'd scored six from ten starts when it happened and Penny was coming into great form at that time and the partnership with Les was just starting to flourish.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Best Loan Player We've Ever Had on 22:42 - Jan 5 with 1777 viewsLblock

Mikkel Beck - fantastic strike rate whilst with us, won us a few quid

I’d have to agree on Kyle Walker though. I was confident (yeah right) we’d be promoted and was saying we should offer Spuds a couple of mill and CandleFace an envelope as he was clearly destined for the highest level. I’ve not had time for Aston Villa for donkeys since an altercation pre match in 89 (5 of us, 30 odd of them and it was an unprovoked ambush) then they nabbed Kyle off of us mid season the schlags..... of course I now feel vindicated in my hatred of them for more recent events.
So Kyle Walker wins - he learnt a lot with us and his pace was a Godsend for the team and laid foundations for the King Warnock season

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Best Loan Player We've Ever Had on 22:51 - Jan 5 with 1753 viewspaulparker

Best Loan Player We've Ever Had on 22:26 - Jan 5 by CamberleyR

For me the primary reason we didn't finish higher than 5th in 92/93 was the loss of Super Ray for three months with injury in the Everton home game just after Christmas, nothing to do with lack of firepower up front.

In that period we picked up just 17 points from 15 games. Prior to that we had 32 points from 21 games. On his return for the final six games we won four and drew two (including the Easter games where Les got his back to back hat tricks) meaning we gained 46 points from the 27 games he played that season. Had we had him for the full 42 games that season we would have finished at least third possibly second I reckon.

We also weren't helped by losing Gary Penrice with a broken leg at Middlesbrough (by that thug Jon Gittens) almost immediately after we lost RW. He'd scored six from ten starts when it happened and Penny was coming into great form at that time and the partnership with Les was just starting to flourish.

Got to agree about super Ray , we were an Ian Bishop or an Alex Rae from finnishing in the top 3
When ray got injured we ended up playing Maurice poxy Doyle, ive hated richard Thompson ever since that time

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Best Loan Player We've Ever Had on 23:39 - Jan 5 with 1681 viewsCiderwithRsie

Best Loan Player We've Ever Had on 22:26 - Jan 5 by CamberleyR

Yeah, very sound, but Walsh wasn't so much a "firepower" striker, more a classic No 10 of the sort we like (long blond hair in the Marsh/Bowles/Currie/Byrne mould too) so he might just have given us that creative outlet we lacked without Ray.

I'm being a bit disrespectful to Penrice (who I had/have a lot of time for) too but I'd forgotten he got crocked so Walsh would have come in handy then.

I've come over all melancholy about poor old Ray now. RIP and still much missed.
Best Loan Player We've Ever Had on 23:40 - Jan 5 with 1678 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Best Loan Player We've Ever Had on 22:51 - Jan 5 by paulparker

Got to agree about super Ray , we were an Ian Bishop or an Alex Rae from finnishing in the top 3
When ray got injured we ended up playing Maurice poxy Doyle, ive hated richard Thompson ever since that time

Danny Shittu.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Best Loan Player We've Ever Had on 23:41 - Jan 5 with 1677 viewsRassilon

A lot of good loans have been mentioned, but how about Tommy Williams for the playoff season?
I think Adel, Kyle Walker and Andres Townsend, all from Spurs were very good for us.

I've been reading the forum for ages, but this is my first post. (Sorry, cheese makes me ill.)
Best Loan Player We've Ever Had on 23:43 - Jan 5 with 1669 viewsFDC

Kyle walker is a good shout. Rarely has a player looked so much more of an athlete than the other players on the pitch. It was almost embarrassing. I remember telling a Spurs how good he was and how he'd be playing for England before too long and him laughing at me.

Walsh was on loan when I first started going to Rangers. I was gutted when me dad explained to me that he wasn't actually our player.
Best Loan Player We've Ever Had on 23:44 - Jan 5 with 1665 viewsBucksRanger

Best Loan Player We've Ever Had on 23:41 - Jan 5 by Rassilon

A lot of good loans have been mentioned, but how about Tommy Williams for the playoff season?
I think Adel, Kyle Walker and Andres Townsend, all from Spurs were very good for us.

I've been reading the forum for ages, but this is my first post. (Sorry, cheese makes me ill.)

Fish fingers and custard instead of cheese? Jelly babies maybe?
[Post edited 5 Jan 2019 23:45]
Best Loan Player We've Ever Had on 23:45 - Jan 5 with 1661 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Kevin McLeod. Probably not the best but remember him making a difference in a difficult time.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Best Loan Player We've Ever Had on 23:45 - Jan 5 with 1657 viewsFDC

Best Loan Player We've Ever Had on 21:18 - Jan 5 by RangersDave

didnt our Lee do something financial for us, like not take wages or something but it mounted up to a fair bit when we were 'in the sh1t'?

Donated his signing fee to the club when he went to Fulham, .25m I think.
Best Loan Player We've Ever Had on 23:58 - Jan 5 with 1638 viewsRassilon

Yes, I have a bag of jelly babies ready for the match tomorrow.

Matt Jackson, from Everton, who we had when Bardsley was injured, but didn't sign because we changed manager.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2019 0:07]
Best Loan Player We've Ever Had on 01:18 - Jan 6 with 1540 viewsizlingtonhoop

Best Loan Player We've Ever Had on 20:44 - Jan 5 by CiderwithRsie

Yep. My immediate thought on seeing the thread headline.

What might have been...
Best Loan Player We've Ever Had on 01:25 - Jan 6 with 1531 viewsJamesB1979

Samba Diakite ....wonderful and slightly unhinged player on loan. Dominated some good midfielders. Signed permanently, he became more unhinged.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024