Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just back, what was i thinking 16:44 - Jan 6 with 5271 viewsBlackCrowe

When i saw the team announced i thought what the hell is Shteve playing at not resting Freeman and Eze but actually he was absolutely right. They bought the young 'uns into play and kept the team fluid and gelled. And all the youngsters did bloody brilliantly without exception. And their confidence will be high. And we really seem to have some depth now. And our form continues. And we're in the next round.

Really enjoyed that game and v good atmosphere.

Great stuff. Over and out.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2019 17:06]

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Just back, what was i thinking on 17:00 - Jan 6 with 3741 views100percent

make no mistake about it, that was a great win and a great team performance. Was worried about Ingram but he made good in the second half. Bright Samuels was exceelent....Eze and Oteh linked up really well too. Solid game for Hall, really proud of them.
have to hand it to McClaren, we have a great group of players at the moment...
Just back, what was i thinking on 17:02 - Jan 6 with 3717 viewsBlackCrowe

Just back, what was i thinking on 17:00 - Jan 6 by 100percent

make no mistake about it, that was a great win and a great team performance. Was worried about Ingram but he made good in the second half. Bright Samuels was exceelent....Eze and Oteh linked up really well too. Solid game for Hall, really proud of them.
have to hand it to McClaren, we have a great group of players at the moment...

You're right...Ingram looked a liability in the first half but settled well in the second. Cousins defaulted back to being below average though nearly had goal of the season contender - it was a rocket and a great save.

Just back, what was i thinking on 17:05 - Jan 6 with 3681 viewstraininvain

Just back, what was i thinking on 17:02 - Jan 6 by BlackCrowe

You're right...Ingram looked a liability in the first half but settled well in the second. Cousins defaulted back to being below average though nearly had goal of the season contender - it was a rocket and a great save.

Felt like we saw a glimpse of the real Cousins during that passage of play. Hopefully it’ll help his confidence.
Just back, what was i thinking on 17:06 - Jan 6 with 3653 views100percent

Just back, what was i thinking on 17:02 - Jan 6 by BlackCrowe

yeh that Cousins efforts was magnificent..... all in all a really satisfying performance that oozed confidence....worth £10 of anyone's money....
Just back, what was i thinking on 17:09 - Jan 6 with 3602 viewsWatford_Ranger

Just back, what was i thinking on 17:05 - Jan 6 by traininvain

Felt like we saw a glimpse of the real Cousins during that passage of play. Hopefully it’ll help his confidence.

It was a genuinely brilliant bit of play.

Such a shame about the absolute disaster he was for the other 89:50.
Just back, what was i thinking on 17:26 - Jan 6 with 3456 viewsHunterhoop

Agree with the OP. Said it elsewhere.

Bright, Oteh, Eze, Freeman and Bidwell all superb. Furlong the better of the two centre half’s and called the defence.

Oteh and Bright were hugely impressive. Pace and strength.

Great game. McClaren is right; we were electric on the break. Genuinely entertaining game.
Just back, what was i thinking on 17:27 - Jan 6 with 3434 viewsPinnerPaul

Just back, what was i thinking on 17:09 - Jan 6 by Watford_Ranger

Once a scape goat always a scape goat I guess!

Every silver lining has a cloud eh?
Just back, what was i thinking on 17:29 - Jan 6 with 3416 viewsBklynRanger

Yeah once the game started you could see how much sense it made to have Eze play if Oteh was going to play - that's a very exciting future partnership if we could keep it together.

Glad to see Grant Hall play a full game - you could see his quality again. That moment when he chested it down, tricked it past a player and then put a good through ball in - caused me to go from 'What are you doing Grant?!' to "oooooh that was good'.

Highly enjoyable - and that 'Champions of Europe' song is still beyond laughable.
Login to get fewer ads

Just back, what was i thinking on 17:33 - Jan 6 with 3356 viewsqprd

Just back, what was i thinking on 17:09 - Jan 6 by Watford_Ranger

mate, i mustve been watching a different game if you thought cousins was a disaster.

oteh is a really promising young player. seemed to be good at taking on defenders with the ball at his feet. dribbled at a defender and took a nice low strike early in the match. really promising to see a young kid take such a cool kick under that kind of pressure. he moves around the pitch with the arrogance of an experienced pro. strong kid who held the ball up well at times.

BOS was also good. his end product in the final third was really good. lots of good crosses in the box, keeps the ball well. provided a decent outlet on the counter, but needs to work on his first touch and finishing, which will come with time

eze was good. it is also worth noting that eze probably ran more without the ball today than in any other match i can recall. hopefully the fans who call him lazy can acknowledge the shift he put in today without the ball

freeman absolute class, as always

furlong was good defensively, but he needs to improve his passing game. he is too safety first in my opinion, clearing everything and going long. definitely nervous to play it short

ingram redeemed his early error with some decent saves, but still leaves a lot to be desired. cant kick with his right foot, held on for way too long at times, never leaves his line. but some of the behaviour in the upper loft was pretty embarassign towards him. the amount of vitriol when he conceded the first goal was way out of proportion... as if he didnt know he f***ed up. but what was more pathetic was the incessant sarcasm from a few douchebags in the section, sarcastically cheering him on every time he made a short pass. its not funny and it doesnt help the player. really pathetic stuff
Just back, what was i thinking on 17:34 - Jan 6 with 3336 viewspaulparker

That was a brilliant team effort everyone of those lads worked their rrrrsss off we were first to every tackle and got in their faces, we totally rattled them and played them off the park,
I know we have had some great displays this year but that was as good as any of them

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Just back, what was i thinking on 17:36 - Jan 6 with 3330 viewsjohnhoop

After the disappointment of our performance against Reading the last thing I felt like doing was dragging myself along to the regulation FA Cup 3rd round exit against Leeds today but I sure am glad I felt an irrational surge of optimism last night and made the effort to go.
It was a great game to watch with so many good individual performances that it’s hard to single out individuals but as others have said Jake Bidwell was exceptional. I think he rarely gets the credit he deserves but today was an obvious stand out performance. The attacking interplay between Freeman, Eze, Bright and Oteh was a delight to watch and shows we’ve got real strength in depth.
Just back, what was i thinking on 17:36 - Jan 6 with 3331 viewsWatford_Ranger

Just back, what was i thinking on 17:27 - Jan 6 by PinnerPaul

Once a scape goat always a scape goat I guess!

Every silver lining has a cloud eh?

He’s not a scapegoat as we won the game but he was awful. A better side than Leeds reserves would have punished his numerous errors: Lost a 60-40 which led to the equaliser. Played a square pass straight to their player in midfield after a poor decision to take a quick free kick which was never on. Miscontrolled a simple ball to set up an attack for them. A Hollywood ball that Barton would have described as off the mark. The run and shot was very good but no one at the game can honestly praise his overall performance, surely.

However lots of positives to take from the game too- Oteh, BOS and Kakay all played well. Ingram had a fab second half. One of Bidwell’s best games ever.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2019 17:37]
Just back, what was i thinking on 17:37 - Jan 6 with 3315 viewsCiderwithRsie

What he did was what I've always wanted in FA Cup games

Not playing a full-strength team (leaving half of the squad turning up to claim wages without playing, like we're a dole office)

And not changing the whole team so a bunch of kids are out of their depth (with a couple of first teasers left in just to make sure the kids don't have familiar faces all round)

Instead, an XI set up the way we normally play, players with knocks rested, younger guys who are key playmakers (Eze, Freeman) still pulling the strings, and players who are pushing for a place anyway (BOS, Oteh) given their chance.

Well done Mr Steve.
Just back, what was i thinking on 17:56 - Jan 6 with 3172 viewsBrianMcCarthy

My ratings:-

Ingram - 7. Would have been an 8 or 9 only for the goal and the blocked clearance. Made a succession of saves and his distribution was better than I've seen it before.
Kakay - 7. Faded towards the end, maybe through tiredness or a knock. Excellent first half when he was overloaded.
Furlong - 8. Excellent all game.
Hall - 7. Also very good. Great to see him get a full game. Such a classy, confident player.
Bidwell - 8. MOTM. A goal, an assist, a constant danger in attack and some superb tackling.
Scowen - 6. Our midfield was often bypassed by excellent Bielsa-typical movement and changes of positions. Even so, Scowen coped well without being spectacular. One lovely pass in the first half had me thinking it was Freeman until it landed at the feet of...Freeman!
Cousins - 6. See above. Some poor touches and the usual Barton pass-that-was-never-on, but I thought his positioning was solid and that he and Scowen allowed very little through the middle. That run and shot was a sign of confidence returning, we hope.
Freeman - 6. Different position today, and it showed. Still, a decent performance.
BOS - 7. Superb in the first half and good in the second half. Pace and good passing. Left Kakay somewhat exposed, however.
Eze - 7. The confidence is back. Great touches again today, silky passing and great imagination.
Oteh - 7. Extremely assured, linked up with Eze in particular, looked so mature. What confidence to take the ball for the pen!

Chair - 6. I would have brought him on earlier. Great workrate chasing and harrying and some nice footwork, as ever.
Pav - Not on long enough.
Smith - not on long enough.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2019 18:02]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Just back, what was i thinking on 18:01 - Jan 6 with 3117 viewsDavieQPR

This type of game was ideal for the younger players. We have to find out now who is good enough for next season when we lose the three loans plus Rangel, Pav, Lynch, Hall and Cousins are out of contract.
Just back, what was i thinking on 18:02 - Jan 6 with 3096 viewsBlackCrowe

Just back, what was i thinking on 17:56 - Jan 6 by BrianMcCarthy

My ratings:-

Ingram - 7. Would have been an 8 or 9 only for the goal and the blocked clearance. Made a succession of saves and his distribution was better than I've seen it before.
Kakay - 7. Faded towards the end, maybe through tiredness or a knock. Excellent first half when he was overloaded.
Furlong - 8. Excellent all game.
Hall - 7. Also very good. Great to see him get a full game. Such a classy, confident player.
Bidwell - 8. MOTM. A goal, an assist, a constant danger in attack and some superb tackling.
Scowen - 6. Our midfield was often bypassed by excellent Bielsa-typical movement and changes of positions. Even so, Scowen coped well without being spectacular. One lovely pass in the first half had me thinking it was Freeman until it landed at the feet of...Freeman!
Cousins - 6. See above. Some poor touches and the usual Barton pass-that-was-never-on, but I thought his positioning was solid and that he and Scowen allowed very little through the middle. That run and shot was a sign of confidence returning, we hope.
Freeman - 6. Different position today, and it showed. Still, a decent performance.
BOS - 7. Superb in the first half and good in the second half. Pace and good passing. Left Kakay somewhat exposed, however.
Eze - 7. The confidence is back. Great touches again today, silky passing and great imagination.
Oteh - 7. Extremely assured, linked up with Eze in particular, looked so mature. What confidence to take the ball for the pen!

Chair - 6. I would have brought him on earlier. Great workrate chasing and harrying and some nice footwork, as ever.
Pav - Not on long enough.
Smith - not on long enough.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2019 18:02]

Deleted comment due to being vacant.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2019 18:04]

Just back, what was i thinking on 18:04 - Jan 6 with 3077 viewsDejR_vu

Just back, what was i thinking on 17:36 - Jan 6 by Watford_Ranger

He’s not a scapegoat as we won the game but he was awful. A better side than Leeds reserves would have punished his numerous errors: Lost a 60-40 which led to the equaliser. Played a square pass straight to their player in midfield after a poor decision to take a quick free kick which was never on. Miscontrolled a simple ball to set up an attack for them. A Hollywood ball that Barton would have described as off the mark. The run and shot was very good but no one at the game can honestly praise his overall performance, surely.

However lots of positives to take from the game too- Oteh, BOS and Kakay all played well. Ingram had a fab second half. One of Bidwell’s best games ever.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2019 17:37]

I was there and I thought he was pretty decent.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Just back, what was i thinking on 18:15 - Jan 6 with 2990 viewsGloryHunter

I was there and I thought Cousins was OK too.
Just back, what was i thinking on 18:16 - Jan 6 with 2975 viewsBrixtonR

I thought he played quite well?
Just back, what was i thinking on 18:19 - Jan 6 with 2937 viewsWatford_Ranger

Guess I’m in the minority then.
Just back, what was i thinking on 18:29 - Jan 6 with 2853 viewsBlackCrowe

No I'm with you WR. Game of opinions. Thought his run and shot was delicious but there seems to be a clanger around every corner with Cousins. I still think there's a decent player in there somewhere but i'd like to see it consistently rather than on odd occasions.

It matters not, we won, he played a part and Mass'll be back before we know it.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2019 18:29]

Just back, what was i thinking on 18:30 - Jan 6 with 2841 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Just back, what was i thinking on 18:02 - Jan 6 by BlackCrowe

Deleted comment due to being vacant.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2019 18:04]

I didn't see your comment, BlackCrowe.

I edited my post as Cousins rating was missing. Maybe WatfordRanger is right!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Just back, what was i thinking on 18:31 - Jan 6 with 2815 viewsEsox_Lucius

I was there and bar a misplaced pass in the first half Jordan Cousins had a very decent game, at least a 7/10, and this scapegoating of him doesn't sit well with me. He is still young and has had a severe knock to his career through injury and is making his way back. He's not as good as he was with CAFC yet but is improving game by game and is certainly not worthy of the opprobrium visited upon him. Instead of looking for players to slag off, why not look for players who could do with some more encouragement and get behind then, not onto them. There are still people who think Eze is lazy and should be dropped FFS. Watch the 90 minutes again and tell me that he did less than any of the other players. When Smith came on there was a great chance to score and he went sliding on his knee to obfuscate the truth of the matter which was he was too slow to reach that chance. He did little closing down either in the short time he was on with his fresh legs yet is completely exempt from criticism. Ingram really grew into the game after the disaster that was the goal and near chance just after it and made some really good saves throughout the rest of the game. There were so many positives in todays performance and we still have posters who only want to pick faults.

The grass is always greener.

Just back, what was i thinking on 18:31 - Jan 6 with 2812 viewsBlackCrowe

Yep that was it BMC

Just back, what was i thinking on 18:38 - Jan 6 with 2744 viewsWatford_Ranger

Just back, what was i thinking on 18:30 - Jan 6 by BrianMcCarthy

I didn't see your comment, BlackCrowe.

I edited my post as Cousins rating was missing. Maybe WatfordRanger is right!

He wasn’t that bad
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024