Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MoM today 17:04 - Jan 6 with 2734 viewsjoolsyp

Has to be Bids. Won the penalty, scored the winner, made 2 or 3 crucial blocks and some solid tackles. Focused and professional throughout - a real example to the younger players today.

Watch Clive give him a 6/10 🤣
MoM today on 17:12 - Jan 6 with 2680 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ya, he was my MOTM, too.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

MoM today on 17:12 - Jan 6 with 2678 viewsWatford_Ranger

Yep can’t argue.

BOS and Oteh were both very good. Furlong again looked comfortable in the middle and Hall barely had to change out of his suit.

Ingram obviously not MOTM but it showed a lot of character to look so solid second half after a disastrous first.
MoM today on 17:17 - Jan 6 with 2639 viewsBAWHoops

Agree

Decisive role in both goals and from 45-60 minutes was holding the defence together.
Sorted Clarke out who is very tricky

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

MoM today on 17:40 - Jan 6 with 2524 viewsTrom

The speed up front was exciting. I think one of the keys was that we didn't fundamentally change the system and the younger players coming in slotted into the structure. Allied with great motivation and real pace.

Hats off to Mclaren, this a really really impressive team he's got going. It really looks like the players are enjoying playing for him. The coaching really shines through, with players really knowing their jobs and getting better. How long is it that we've actually made players better? The years of signing potential and then making them worse.

Things to like this season:

1. Being competitive away from home
2. Players improving in their positions (Bidwell has been unrecognisable this season). The two CBs - you could add a long list for the first time in ages.
3. Forest - thank the lord. I have a few Forest mates and the only other ray of light was relegating them at Loftus Road, other than that I've been on the end of a lot of pain.
4. The youth teamers really looking like they can make the transition to the first team (I know we saw this at the end of last season). It's great to have a winning team they can start to get more minutes in. Football is such a confidence sport.
5. 3rd Round cup win. Just keeps the feel-good atmosphere.
6. A well-coached team of hungry players. I know it's the same as most of the other points but boy is it enjoyable. You can see it on Freeman's face when he's playing.

A rare time when being a Hoop is rewarding on and off the pitch. Been proud of the club off the pitch for a while now, feeling we had a sole back and it's great to be getting the rewards for doing things the right way.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2019 20:20]
MoM today on 17:53 - Jan 6 with 2441 viewsjohncharles

I’d give it to Ingram. Having had a disastrous start to the season and being replaced by the superb Lumley he got his chance today and he made an arse of it for the Leeds goal. How much bottle does it take to comeback from that. Played a blinder with a couple of seriously good saves.
Hero.

Strong and stable my arse.

MoM today on 17:54 - Jan 6 with 2425 viewsDejR_vu

Honourable mention for Cousins. Not MoM, but played well and looks to be benefitting from a run of games.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

MoM today on 17:57 - Jan 6 with 2408 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

MoM today on 17:53 - Jan 6 by johncharles

I’d give it to Ingram. Having had a disastrous start to the season and being replaced by the superb Lumley he got his chance today and he made an arse of it for the Leeds goal. How much bottle does it take to comeback from that. Played a blinder with a couple of seriously good saves.
Hero.

Thought Freeman was brilliant today. Absolutely brilliant. What a player.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

MoM today on 18:09 - Jan 6 with 2362 viewsBrianMcCarthy

MoM today on 17:53 - Jan 6 by johncharles

Hero.

Ya, that took some courage. The thought that his Rangers career was on the line must surely have occurred to him after that error. Impressive to bite down and forget that pain. He played very well afterwards.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

MoM today on 18:37 - Jan 6 with 2288 viewsEsox_Lucius

I would probably give it to Oteh, just for looking like he has been a regular in the side all season. Coupled with the work rate and his overall ability you can see why he has been so good in the U23's the last couple of seasons. Along with a few regulars I meet up with after the game, we all said we wouldn't be too disappointed if the side that started today was to start our next league match. A quality performance by both the team and coaching staff.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2019 19:09]

The grass is always greener.

MoM today on 18:43 - Jan 6 with 2264 viewsBlackCrowe

Freeman for me today. Bids, Hall, Furlong, Oteh all superb though but Freeman is the real deal.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

MoM today on 18:48 - Jan 6 with 2224 viewsLongsufferingR

Agree. Thought that was Bidwell's best overall performance for us today.

Very pleased with Oteh and BOS, and it does look like Cousins and Scowen are getting closer to a partnership.

Also have to say well done again to SMc. Good balanced team without too many changes, and a win in the Cup. Together with the win at Forest, the number of clean sheets and the number of away wins so far, well done sir.
MoM today on 18:53 - Jan 6 with 2216 viewsTripleR

Got to be BOS for me, I thought he was superb today. Really outstanding.

Bidwell also had a very good game, he plays to this high standard week in, week out and rarely gets the recognition he deserves.
MoM today on 19:02 - Jan 6 with 2170 viewsOldPedro

I think it's good that so many people have picked different players for MOM - lots of good performances

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

MoM today on 19:07 - Jan 6 with 2148 viewssmegma

Bids could have scored a hat trick. You'd think after the first two headers from corners, which the keeper saved superbly, they would have learnt some sort of lesson ?
MoM today on 20:00 - Jan 6 with 2002 viewsconnell10

MoM today on 17:57 - Jan 6 by CliveWilsonSaid

Thought Freeman was brilliant today. Absolutely brilliant. What a player.

Gotta agree mate Freeman was my man of the match by a country mile . just brilliant ! LOVE HIM!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

MoM today on 22:43 - Jan 6 with 1759 viewsNortholt_Rs

MoM today on 20:00 - Jan 6 by connell10

Gotta agree mate Freeman was my man of the match by a country mile . just brilliant ! LOVE HIM!

Freeman is so good lately that he is constantly getting MotM so mine goes to Bids just to give the lad a big pat on the back. Great, great result against that scum. Well done Shteeve and the team. Immense.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

MoM today on 11:42 - Jan 7 with 1477 viewsfrancisbowles

Bidwell for me a great all round performance.

I kept getting BOS and Kakay mixed up especially on the far side. Oteh was in this mix as well until I worked out he had orange boots. Everyone did well. (again!)
MoM today on 19:05 - Jan 7 with 1356 viewskingsburyR

In my eyes Freeman is crap........

....... And I'll be very vocal about it until the end of January

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

MoM today on 02:09 - Jan 8 with 1279 viewstimcocking

Tidwell agreed. Three corners he won the header, not to mention stalwart defending and, of course, winning the pen. Well done Jake.

Bleddy auto-corrects drive me up the wall, Tidwell indeed...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024