Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sheffield United– How Good Are They? 18:26 - Jan 9 with 1729 viewsDylanP

Sheffield United are sitting just outside the automatic promotion spots and have a number of really good looking scalps already this season. So how good are they?

We know that their second string were not good enough to beat non-league Barney. In fact they didn’t really put up much of a fight and Barney well deserved their win. But that was the second string and they will likely be well up for Saturday. I haven’t paid much attention to them this season ( or any season, TBH) so I’d be interested to hear from someone who has been paying attention as to whether they are the real deal?

Opinions?
[Post edited 9 Jan 2019 18:28]

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Sheffield United– How Good Are They? on 18:31 - Jan 9 with 1704 viewseastside_r

Not good enough to beat a giant purple dinosaur!

Perhaps it was just a bad hair day - Dodgy Barnet?
Sheffield United– How Good Are They? on 18:54 - Jan 9 with 1646 viewsenfieldargh

Sheffield United– How Good Are They? on 18:31 - Jan 9 by eastside_r

Not good enough to beat a giant purple dinosaur!

Perhaps it was just a bad hair day - Dodgy Barnet?

I thought it was an invitation for an argument cue python fans

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Sheffield United– How Good Are They? on 22:37 - Jan 9 with 1367 viewsdaveB

They are a good side who should make the playoffs this season, them losing to Barnet last week won't do us any favours as you'd expect a big reaction from them but they are not unbeatable and if we defend like we have in recent weeks then every chance we can frustrate them
Sheffield United– How Good Are They? on 15:04 - Jan 10 with 1130 viewsPinnerPaul

Sheffield United– How Good Are They? on 22:37 - Jan 9 by daveB

They are a good side who should make the playoffs this season, them losing to Barnet last week won't do us any favours as you'd expect a big reaction from them but they are not unbeatable and if we defend like we have in recent weeks then every chance we can frustrate them

Except I don't think, reading Chris Wilder, that ANY of the 11 that played in the FA Cup will play v us.
Sheffield United– How Good Are They? on 16:27 - Jan 10 with 1042 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I am baffled at where they are in the table and their position gives me hope we may indeed scrape into the play off places.
I didn't think much to them when they beat us in that early season game. They must be doing something right but I will be disappointed if we finish below them this season.
Sheffield United– How Good Are They? on 16:42 - Jan 10 with 1002 viewsToast_R

Sheffield United– How Good Are They? on 16:27 - Jan 10 by CroydonCaptJack

I am baffled at where they are in the table and their position gives me hope we may indeed scrape into the play off places.
I didn't think much to them when they beat us in that early season game. They must be doing something right but I will be disappointed if we finish below them this season.

A team that has Leon Clarke and Connor Washington up front. Throw in Big Pat Agyemang and they're almost sporting the QPR fans choice of the w@nkiest attack ever...
Sheffield United– How Good Are They? on 16:47 - Jan 10 with 984 viewsDorse

Sheffield United– How Good Are They? on 16:42 - Jan 10 by Toast_R

A team that has Leon Clarke and Connor Washington up front. Throw in Big Pat Agyemang and they're almost sporting the QPR fans choice of the w@nkiest attack ever...

As bad as Priskin and Bent? (which sounds like a 70s cop show - 'Oh yeah? Well, you tell Mayor Dooley that I just need 24 hours, after that he can have my badge!' etc)

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Sheffield United– How Good Are They? on 16:50 - Jan 10 with 969 viewsJeff

i'm pretty sure Clive will be putting an opposition profile up any time now about them...

Can we not knock it?

Login to get fewer ads

Sheffield United– How Good Are They? on 16:59 - Jan 10 with 946 viewsToast_R

Sheffield United– How Good Are They? on 16:47 - Jan 10 by Dorse

As bad as Priskin and Bent? (which sounds like a 70s cop show - 'Oh yeah? Well, you tell Mayor Dooley that I just need 24 hours, after that he can have my badge!' etc)

At least them two were just loaned in so I'm not sure we can count them fully... Clarke and Wash were actual contracted signings (The former was a free though).
[Post edited 10 Jan 2019 17:00]
Sheffield United– How Good Are They? on 17:01 - Jan 10 with 935 viewsfrancisbowles

Sheffield United– How Good Are They? on 16:42 - Jan 10 by Toast_R

They have Billy Sharpe, very successful goalscorer.

Clarke has done well for them over a couple of years.

Washington, I wouldn't expect to start but if they are wanting a change late in the game he could come on and we will all be hoping he doesn't make us choke on our opinions of him.

A well organised, tough battling team, not unbeatable but we will have to match their effort them to get anything.
Sheffield United– How Good Are They? on 17:13 - Jan 10 with 910 viewstraininvain

Sheffield United– How Good Are They? on 17:01 - Jan 10 by francisbowles

They have Billy Sharpe, very successful goalscorer.

Clarke has done well for them over a couple of years.

Washington, I wouldn't expect to start but if they are wanting a change late in the game he could come on and we will all be hoping he doesn't make us choke on our opinions of him.

A well organised, tough battling team, not unbeatable but we will have to match their effort them to get anything.

Clarke has a knack for scoring against us. I remember him scoring a hat trick against us at Bramall Lane what seems like many years ago. In fact, how's he even still playing at this level?!
Sheffield United– How Good Are They? on 19:00 - Jan 10 with 799 viewsstevec

Thought Clarke got a bum deal when down here, in a very good side but mostly played wide which didn’t suit him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024