Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wzolek North of Watford 18:44 - Jan 12 with 2779 viewsParkRoyalR

Masterclass in ball avoidance today, standing in positions so unable to receive ball and when his teammates did find him, passed it straight back to them. Reminds of Ozil as likes to play in space between the lines but like Emery's use of Ozil, not suited against physical teams, despite being, neat, tidy, keeping the team shape but offering nothing. Playing poor happens but hiding is not on.
Wzolek North of Watford on 19:01 - Jan 12 with 2697 viewsWatford_Ranger

Not the way I saw it. Granted he wasn’t great but what opportunities did he really have? You could say the same for Wells who barely touched the ball.

Their midfield was just better than ours on the day so we kept giving the ball back.
Wzolek North of Watford on 19:10 - Jan 12 with 2643 viewsParkRoyalR

Wells never hid all game, took a very bad tackle early, was struggling afterwards as play stopped twice, McClaren should have swapped him for Oteh but never stopped trying and slashed at late chance.
Wzolek North of Watford on 00:55 - Jan 13 with 2208 viewsHunterhoop

Not suited to playing against physical teams? Scored against Tony Pulis’ Boro.

No good north of Watford? Great game away at Villa.

Next!

Give it a rest with your anti-Wszolek nonsense. He’s not great every game - no one is - but he’s been one of our best players this season and just got voted PotM for Dec.
Wzolek North of Watford on 03:07 - Jan 13 with 2160 viewsdixiedean

I was working today so can't comment on Sheffield U but Pav was absolutely outstanding at Forest. And Nottingham is north of Watford according to my map .
Wzolek North of Watford on 03:29 - Jan 13 with 2147 viewsPunteR

Arent most teams north of Watford in this league?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Wzolek North of Watford on 11:21 - Jan 13 with 1793 viewsjohncharles

Praise the Lord for this Sunday he has senteth us a scapegoat

Strong and stable my arse.

Wzolek North of Watford on 13:40 - Jan 13 with 1693 viewsqprd

Wzolek North of Watford on 03:07 - Jan 13 by dixiedean

I was working today so can't comment on Sheffield U but Pav was absolutely outstanding at Forest. And Nottingham is north of Watford according to my map .

Absolutely. Hit heat map against Forest was literally one gigantic red blob on the right flank. Also was very good against Villa

But because the OP thinks he's come up with a clever catchphrase, he's going to try to beat the point down every time Pav doesn't score or assist away from home

To the OP: if you think Pav is going to pick up the ball at the half way line and run at defenders like Wilfred Zaha, you haven't been paying attention to how he actually plays

next....
Wzolek North of Watford on 13:59 - Jan 13 with 1661 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Wzolek North of Watford on 03:29 - Jan 13 by PunteR

Arent most teams north of Watford in this league?

Apart from 2 matches all of our away games have been north of Watford this season. One of those was Swansea!

He'll have a field day in Portsmouth!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Wzolek North of Watford on 12:52 - Jan 14 with 1413 viewsParkRoyalR

...'Pawel Wzolek was back to the sort of anonymous ineffective form we see too often from him away from home' from Clive is probably more accurate, if a little wordy for a thread title. Or as Lee McAlpine noted in his match report following Rotherham game...'the ineffective (again when I'm present) Wzolek'.
I think the fact that McClaren was forced into such an early substitution for him on Saturday says alot about Wzolek's performance.
It could be confidence as when dominating Forest's smaller fullback in the air, he visibly grew into the game and by his standards, away from home, had a very good game. I rated Wzolek very highly when he came to us and thought he turned our fortunes around a couple of seasons ago @ Reading away with him running into space, ability to look up and pick out his man in the box but he was also trying to beat his man in those days and get to the by-line. To cut a long post short, I fear he has shrunk as a player after a couple of seasons in the championship and am not sure if he has courage necessary away, to both compete and want the ball.
Whether McClaren adopts the Emery / Ozil tact of picking his away games remains to be seen, altho I think McClaren got his timing spot on Saturday and I would start him at Portsmouth and Wigan but let him know Saturday's performance was short-changing his team-mates and the travelling support.
Wzolek North of Watford on 16:04 - Jan 14 with 1199 viewsmakaveli1882

Luke Freeman
414 minutes per goal - 2484 minutes played - 6 Goals scored - 3 Assists

Nahki Wells
296 minutes per goal - 1775 minutes played - 6 Goals scored - 3 Assists

Pawel Wszolek
277 minutes per goal - 1664 minutes played - 6 Goals scored - 3 Assists

Also has the highest percentage with shots on target 75%, Eze 61%, Freeman 49%, Wells 46%.

Also voted Player of the month for December.

So looking at the stats and the work rate he puts in perhaps we could say at actually he may be the best player in the squad?
Wzolek North of Watford on 16:12 - Jan 14 with 1188 viewsPinnerPaul

I would suggest average temperatures in Poland are lower than the 'north' of the UK, so why he would 'go missing' is beyond me.

Next
Wzolek North of Watford on 16:20 - Jan 14 with 1173 viewsingeminate

Wzolek North of Watford on 16:12 - Jan 14 by PinnerPaul

I would suggest average temperatures in Poland are lower than the 'north' of the UK, so why he would 'go missing' is beyond me.

Next

I didn't think Pavel did too badly.
Cousins I think does go missing when he's not on his game. He'll still make challenges, but watching closely when we have the ball he often put himself in a position where he can't really collect it.
The worst was at Blackpool where he really didn't fancy it, but I thought he was at it again at United. When Freeman came inside we looked much more potent largely because he demanded the ball and drove forward.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Wzolek North of Watfor on 16:52 - Jan 14 with 1145 viewsParkRoyalR

Wzolek North of Watford on 16:04 - Jan 14 by makaveli1882

Luke Freeman
414 minutes per goal - 2484 minutes played - 6 Goals scored - 3 Assists

Nahki Wells
296 minutes per goal - 1775 minutes played - 6 Goals scored - 3 Assists

Pawel Wszolek
277 minutes per goal - 1664 minutes played - 6 Goals scored - 3 Assists

Also has the highest percentage with shots on target 75%, Eze 61%, Freeman 49%, Wells 46%.

Also voted Player of the month for December.

So looking at the stats and the work rate he puts in perhaps we could say at actually he may be the best player in the squad?

Or it maybe that PoTM is voted for by the 90 % percent of fans who only go to 50 % of our games and very rarely go away. I'm not big into stats as Freeman's work for Eze's goal at Villa goes unrecognised whereas Wzolek's cut back to Wells v Boro does. If he is our best player we need to get under contract as per Freeman + Eze, or it could be the market says he's another Onouha, great stats but of no value.
Wzolek North of Watfor on 17:08 - Jan 14 with 1117 viewsmakaveli1882

Wzolek North of Watfor on 16:52 - Jan 14 by ParkRoyalR

Or it maybe that PoTM is voted for by the 90 % percent of fans who only go to 50 % of our games and very rarely go away. I'm not big into stats as Freeman's work for Eze's goal at Villa goes unrecognised whereas Wzolek's cut back to Wells v Boro does. If he is our best player we need to get under contract as per Freeman + Eze, or it could be the market says he's another Onouha, great stats but of no value.

But he was immense at both Forest and Villa so may be he just had an off day at Sheffield United.
Wzolek North of Watford on 23:07 - Jan 14 with 981 viewsCiderwithRsie

Wzolek North of Watford on 12:52 - Jan 14 by ParkRoyalR

...'Pawel Wzolek was back to the sort of anonymous ineffective form we see too often from him away from home' from Clive is probably more accurate, if a little wordy for a thread title. Or as Lee McAlpine noted in his match report following Rotherham game...'the ineffective (again when I'm present) Wzolek'.
I think the fact that McClaren was forced into such an early substitution for him on Saturday says alot about Wzolek's performance.
It could be confidence as when dominating Forest's smaller fullback in the air, he visibly grew into the game and by his standards, away from home, had a very good game. I rated Wzolek very highly when he came to us and thought he turned our fortunes around a couple of seasons ago @ Reading away with him running into space, ability to look up and pick out his man in the box but he was also trying to beat his man in those days and get to the by-line. To cut a long post short, I fear he has shrunk as a player after a couple of seasons in the championship and am not sure if he has courage necessary away, to both compete and want the ball.
Whether McClaren adopts the Emery / Ozil tact of picking his away games remains to be seen, altho I think McClaren got his timing spot on Saturday and I would start him at Portsmouth and Wigan but let him know Saturday's performance was short-changing his team-mates and the travelling support.

That's a much better post than your OP and wouldn't have got some of the flak you're getting for the OP.

There might something in the idea that his confidence has taken a bit of knock (wouldn't be surprising the way he's been pissed about up to McClaren) and could do with a bit of a confidence boost from the coaches.

If so the last thing he needs is fans going on about him going missing or implying he's some sort of wimp who can't face those nasty tough northerners (which is balls anyway).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024