Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Smyth contract extended until 2021. 11:10 - Jan 18 with 5112 viewsSnipper

Great news.
Paul Smyth contract extended until 2021. on 11:13 - Jan 18 with 3961 viewsDiscodroids

This news pleases me greatly. In the maelstrom of the last few days, Paul signing a new contract is More soothing to my lugs than the Raphael Ravenscroft Lyricon electronic wind instrument solo in the middle of Gerry Rafferty's soft rock epic, 'Night Owl'

[Post edited 18 Jan 2019 13:22]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Paul Smyth contract extended until 2021. on 11:15 - Jan 18 with 3955 viewsW7Ranger

Very pleasantly surprised.
Paul Smyth contract extended until 2021. on 11:18 - Jan 18 with 3946 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Splendid

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Paul Smyth contract extended until 2021. on 11:25 - Jan 18 with 3905 viewsaston_hoop

Excellent. I think that puts to bed any doubts about him being in our plans or not. I actually don't mind if he goes out on loan for half a season now to get the game time, how are Rotherham doing for wingers?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Paul Smyth contract extended until 2021. on 11:38 - Jan 18 with 3845 viewsNorthernr

There was an option on the club's side so I thought they'd just take that up and see how next season went. Pleasantly surprised at this.

Altough as we keep saying, end of parachute next year and a lot of first team players out of contract means there's going to have to be some tough decisions made at some point with all these juniors moving onto bigger and better deals.
Paul Smyth contract extended until 2021. on 12:01 - Jan 18 with 3749 viewsrichranger

I don't believe Paweł Wszołek has signed a new contract yet, though his is up at the end of the season. Maybe Smyth will take his place? Hope we keep Pawel though! Along with Bright Osayi Samuel, it's a pity we've got 2 of our best young players vying for the same spot in the team.
Paul Smyth contract extended until 2021. on 12:04 - Jan 18 with 3732 viewsBklynRanger

Good stuff. Must have threatened to publicly masturbate - backed them into a corner so to speak.
Paul Smyth contract extended until 2021. on 12:09 - Jan 18 with 3711 viewsbosh67

Paul Smyth contract extended until 2021. on 11:38 - Jan 18 by Northernr

There was an option on the club's side so I thought they'd just take that up and see how next season went. Pleasantly surprised at this.

Altough as we keep saying, end of parachute next year and a lot of first team players out of contract means there's going to have to be some tough decisions made at some point with all these juniors moving onto bigger and better deals.

I think that is the point. Oteh, Smith, Chair, etc are players that will be regular seniors by then and for a while would be on sensible wages still. I wonder how much Andy Sinton had to do with the decision. He is so much in his own image as a player that perhaps he said keep him.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

Paul Smyth contract extended until 2021. on 12:34 - Jan 18 with 3627 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Good stuff. Well done, Paul.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Paul Smyth contract extended until 2021. on 12:35 - Jan 18 with 3619 viewstoboboly

Hope he now gets some game time. That game v Cardiff he was epic.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Paul Smyth contract extended until 2021. on 12:52 - Jan 18 with 3557 viewsdavman

Really glad, but this is at odds with the stories floating around that Maclaren was unapproachable and that Mrs. Smyth was less than please around how her little boy was being looked after.

With Pav and BOS ahead of him at the moment, he won't be getting much of a look in this season, so it'll be best all round if he pops off on loan to somewhere in the Championship for experience.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Paul Smyth contract extended until 2021. on 13:01 - Jan 18 with 3521 viewsJuzzie

With FFP it seems to me that clubs should simply f**k off paying stupid salaries to average players who do the rounds with clubs in the same way as Pardew, Allardyce, Lambert etc. do as managers. Six or so clubs shelling out beyond their means to go up via one of only three available ways is only going to end in tears for a lot of clubs.

I completely understand that clubs have ambitions/pressures to get promoted and also to avoid relegation but if you end up with a hefty fine, points deduction, transfer embargo etc. that all you've achieved is lining the pockets of crappy players and their agents and you're still no further in achieving your goals. If any, it's then hampered further as a result.

As said, f**k all that off. Start again, year zero starts now. Get in young players, get in hungry players, combine this with the likes of your Hill's and Derry's. Clubs will be astute enough to know which veteran players will be of the right ilk.
Paul Smyth contract extended until 2021. on 13:02 - Jan 18 with 3509 viewsJuzzie

p.s. I hate all this "it's a results business" generation of fans. Sorry, but f**k off. It's not a results business. I'm a fan like all of us. I've watched QPR in all three top divisions and if it came to it I'll still be watching QPR in the 4th.
Paul Smyth contract extended until 2021. on 13:21 - Jan 18 with 3450 viewsridethewave

Paul Smyth contract extended until 2021. on 13:02 - Jan 18 by Juzzie

p.s. I hate all this "it's a results business" generation of fans. Sorry, but f**k off. It's not a results business. I'm a fan like all of us. I've watched QPR in all three top divisions and if it came to it I'll still be watching QPR in the 4th.

How is it not a results business? The aim of any sport is to win the game/match/event. That's literally the point of sport.

Pleased for Paul, hope he gets some game time soon whether here or on loan.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2019 13:25]
Paul Smyth contract extended until 2021. on 13:29 - Jan 18 with 3400 viewsJuzzie

Paul Smyth contract extended until 2021. on 13:21 - Jan 18 by ridethewave

How is it not a results business? The aim of any sport is to win the game/match/event. That's literally the point of sport.

Pleased for Paul, hope he gets some game time soon whether here or on loan.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2019 13:25]

I'm saying the emphasis shouldn't be on results to the exclusion of everything else.

Yes, games are entered into to be won but it's also an entertainment.

The season we went up via the Play Off's must have been one of the most boring promotion seasons ever. The events at Wembley (well, just the 90th minute ) overshadowed what was a dull season, IMO. Yes, we were winning games but my God it was dull to watch.

If you take Wembley out of the equation I'd say this season, so far, has been more enjoyable. But maybe that's just me.

[Post edited 18 Jan 2019 13:46]
Paul Smyth contract extended until 2021. on 13:36 - Jan 18 with 3358 viewsridethewave

Paul Smyth contract extended until 2021. on 13:29 - Jan 18 by Juzzie

I'm saying the emphasis shouldn't be on results to the exclusion of everything else.

Yes, games are entered into to be won but it's also an entertainment.

The season we went up via the Play Off's must have been one of the most boring promotion seasons ever. The events at Wembley (well, just the 90th minute ) overshadowed what was a dull season, IMO. Yes, we were winning games but my God it was dull to watch.

If you take Wembley out of the equation I'd say this season, so far, has been more enjoyable. But maybe that's just me.

[Post edited 18 Jan 2019 13:46]

Don't disagree with that - what a terrible year of football that was, but those last couple of minutes at Wembley made it all worth while!
Paul Smyth contract extended until 2021. on 13:38 - Jan 18 with 3350 viewsSimonJames

I expect the intention is to send him out on loan.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Paul Smyth contract extended until 2021. on 14:33 - Jan 18 with 3210 viewsoldmisery

Paul Smyth contract extended until 2021. on 13:38 - Jan 18 by SimonJames

I expect the intention is to send him out on loan.

Wasn't there some talk of him going on loan to Peterborough?
Paul Smyth contract extended until 2021. on 14:46 - Jan 18 with 3179 viewsPinnerPaul

Paul Smyth contract extended until 2021. on 12:52 - Jan 18 by davman

Really glad, but this is at odds with the stories floating around that Maclaren was unapproachable and that Mrs. Smyth was less than please around how her little boy was being looked after.

With Pav and BOS ahead of him at the moment, he won't be getting much of a look in this season, so it'll be best all round if he pops off on loan to somewhere in the Championship for experience.

Agree. '...…...at odds with the stories...…...' = 'stories' were complete b****x!
Paul Smyth contract extended until 2021. on 15:27 - Jan 18 with 3093 viewssmegma

Some good news, surprising but good.
Paul Smyth contract extended until 2021. on 15:30 - Jan 18 with 3080 viewskensalriser

Paul Smyth contract extended until 2021. on 14:46 - Jan 18 by PinnerPaul

Agree. '...…...at odds with the stories...…...' = 'stories' were complete b****x!

I am flabbergasted the facts don't match the hearsay.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Paul Smyth contract extended until 2021. on 16:31 - Jan 18 with 2966 viewsrsonist

Paul Smyth contract extended until 2021. on 15:30 - Jan 18 by kensalriser

I am flabbergasted the facts don't match the hearsay.

Well, the club have plenty of form for phrasing their press in direct response to hot topics on social media at the time.

What a totally coincidentally and conveniently concise and comprehensive remark this was from the lad:

“I have developed so much since I have been here, and particularly since Steve McClaren came in. He has spoken to me and told me what I need to do and what he wants from me. He has helped me so much."

Definitely very natural and not unusual for a footballer to emphasise that he has been spoken to and told what to do.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2019 16:33]
Paul Smyth contract extended until 2021. on 16:33 - Jan 18 with 2954 viewsNorthernr

Paul Smyth contract extended until 2021. on 14:46 - Jan 18 by PinnerPaul

They weren't.
Paul Smyth contract extended until 2021. on 17:20 - Jan 18 with 2852 viewsDWQPR

Paul Smyth contract extended until 2021. on 13:01 - Jan 18 by Juzzie

With FFP it seems to me that clubs should simply f**k off paying stupid salaries to average players who do the rounds with clubs in the same way as Pardew, Allardyce, Lambert etc. do as managers. Six or so clubs shelling out beyond their means to go up via one of only three available ways is only going to end in tears for a lot of clubs.

I completely understand that clubs have ambitions/pressures to get promoted and also to avoid relegation but if you end up with a hefty fine, points deduction, transfer embargo etc. that all you've achieved is lining the pockets of crappy players and their agents and you're still no further in achieving your goals. If any, it's then hampered further as a result.

As said, f**k all that off. Start again, year zero starts now. Get in young players, get in hungry players, combine this with the likes of your Hill's and Derry's. Clubs will be astute enough to know which veteran players will be of the right ilk.

What the idiots and in particular Shaun Harvey cannot grasp is that FFP is starting to have the opposite effect to what it meant to achieve. Clubs are taking the gamble to get promotion to the PL by splurging loads of money on player transfer and salaries knowing that the wealth that would be in their grasp would be more than plenty to cover any fines, and of course, if they are promoted then a points deduction would no longer apply. So when the likes of Sheff Wed (last season), and more than likely the likes of Derby, Boro, Villa and Forest this season fail to secure promotion they will then be hit by fines/points deductions/embargoes which will hugely effect their clubs. I wonder that without FFP whether clubs in the championship would spend like they have been.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Paul Smyth contract extended until 2021. on 17:40 - Jan 18 with 2813 viewskomradkirk

Well pleased with this,the boy has a lot to come.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2019 20:23]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024