Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lumley 21:45 - Jan 19 with 4400 viewsLblock

Him and Scowen horrendous for the first -- and I was thinking at that very moment how very, very bad it would be to those utter kuntz take a lead. From that moment on it was over.

However.... I'm glad Lummers didn't take too many pelters. There were a few, understandable, the loudest maybe from a couple of my lot.
I remain a staunch supporter.

Reality check today.
Squad just too thin for any sort of challenge. Without wise heads of Rangel, Cameron and, I am forced to say, Luongo, we're just not at it. The young 'uns needed guiding through a game like that.... the performances of Cousins and Scowen will never inspire anyone.

Head up Lumley.
Keep at it boy

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Lumley on 22:03 - Jan 19 with 4339 viewsTacticalR

I think Lumley just completely misjudged the situation. He doesn't normally do that.

Air hostess clique

Lumley on 12:47 - Jan 20 with 4002 viewsLatticeR

Totally Agree ..Lumley like the other youngsters need to be able to make mistakes without fearing burning effigies of them being carried down South Africa Road.
Has to be said if Ingram had done that yesterday this thread would be into 10 pages by now
Lumley on 13:02 - Jan 20 with 3956 viewsDiscodroids

I'm just old enough to remember watching Chris woods for us , and for whatever unexplained reason, Lumley reminds me of him. If joe ends up half as good as chris i'll be happy.

I could do a last days of sid vicious impression by staring at the walls looking for answers in the flock wallpaper as to what joe and scowen were thinking , but imo, it was just one of those stupid things that happen to us all from time to time. Having said that, i'd rather teabag Anna Eagle than watch the goal again.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2019 13:04]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Lumley on 13:51 - Jan 20 with 3900 viewsdachiltern

For those of an age; First goal has Alan Spratley and Ron Hunt all over, think we were stuffed 0-4 by Bolton that day.
Lumley on 16:39 - Jan 20 with 3715 viewsHantsR

Lumley on 13:51 - Jan 20 by dachiltern

For those of an age; First goal has Alan Spratley and Ron Hunt all over, think we were stuffed 0-4 by Bolton that day.

Yes, remember it well. Crowd didn't treat it that kindly that day did they?
Lumley on 18:06 - Jan 20 with 3606 viewsdavman

"Playing out from the back" is one of those things I hear is a good thing and is playing football in the right way. Unless you have players who can do that, it really isn't the right way to play football. Aside from Wells' goal against Ipswich, our ball retention without Cameron in there is poor at the best of times. It says so much yesterday, that Lynch was the one slotting balls through the thirds, not our midfielders.

We really are not that good at keeping the ball, which is why our % possession is generally so low. Put our spine under pressure and you get what you saw yesterday; the only out ball to an isolated Nakhi Wells who was just dominated by their Centre Backs.

Unlike most, I saw exactly what Schteeve was thinking of when he bought Matt Smith on, but, frankly, it would only work if we had a tall player who could retain possession instead of flicking it on in random directions.

They did such a job on us. Their 'bad rashing' that Ollie talked about during his first stint was there to see all game and under pressure we played loads of loose balls from the back that their loathsome Midfield feasted on the second balls that created.

Giving up possession at home is never a good plan. We did it against Reading and were lucky to get a point; not so lucky yesterday...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Lumley on 18:42 - Jan 20 with 3549 viewsbaz_qpr

I think Scowen has to take as much responsibility as the senior player they were pressing us anyway, but he came short and showed for it even though surrounded where he should have just turned his back and trotted up field
Lumley on 20:09 - Jan 20 with 3445 viewswelwynranger

Lumley on 13:51 - Jan 20 by dachiltern

Was that the torrential rain all week, a quagmire of a pitch ,virtually unplayable. Frank Worthington scored a brilliant hat trick?
Login to get fewer ads

Lumley on 21:32 - Jan 20 with 3346 viewsajcoombes

I cannot find any fault with Lumley for this goal. Whilst in hindsight he should have just kicked it long he was probably just following an order to play out from the back. When Scowen showed interest for the ball and then received it he had enough time to deal with it better than he did. He took a touch before stupidly trying to beat the man (which was just a schoolboy error). On that second touch he should have laid it back to Lumley who then could have booted it long.

Where I do find fault with Lumley at the moment is his kicking. I have no idea why he keeps aiming for the touchline? If with are going to kick it wide that is fine, however, it should be aimed at the corner flag; which allows Furlong or whoever a change to have a run at the ball to head it, as opposed to trying to jump from a standing point.
Lumley on 22:42 - Jan 20 with 3264 viewsjtuck

Lumley on 21:32 - Jan 20 by ajcoombes

I cannot find any fault with Lumley for this goal. Whilst in hindsight he should have just kicked it long he was probably just following an order to play out from the back. When Scowen showed interest for the ball and then received it he had enough time to deal with it better than he did. He took a touch before stupidly trying to beat the man (which was just a schoolboy error). On that second touch he should have laid it back to Lumley who then could have booted it long.

Where I do find fault with Lumley at the moment is his kicking. I have no idea why he keeps aiming for the touchline? If with are going to kick it wide that is fine, however, it should be aimed at the corner flag; which allows Furlong or whoever a change to have a run at the ball to head it, as opposed to trying to jump from a standing point.

Holding Lumley blameless seems strange to me. Takes two to tango and produce such a brain-dead blunder. Just because a players 'shows' for a ball does not mean you give it to him. Agree we should not get on Lumley as overall he's been very good this season.

LAranger

Lumley on 09:52 - Jan 22 with 2954 viewsterryb

Scowen demanded that he received the ball.

That is why Lumley (IMO correctly) played it to him. Scowen misjudged rthe time & space that weas available to him & we paid the consequencies.

However, it wa a matter of when (not if) Preston would take the lead.
Lumley on 09:57 - Jan 25 with 2725 viewsgazza1

Lumley has made a few major errors this season and cost us - he needs to learn fast before it is too late.
Lumley on 09:59 - Jan 25 with 2719 viewsfrancisbowles

Lumley on 09:57 - Jan 25 by gazza1

Lumley has made a few major errors this season and cost us - he needs to learn fast before it is too late.

He has also made some excellent point facilitating saves!
Lumley on 10:01 - Jan 25 with 2713 viewsgazza1

That's what he is paid for......
Lumley on 10:20 - Jan 25 with 2685 viewsfrancisbowles

He is paid to keep goal. This involves developing his game. His performance will be constantly reviewed and he has to learn from mistakes. As long as the errors are become fewer and all round handling is improving/being maintained he is likely to earn a better contract.

He has to make the odd error in order to improve. I think most will believe he is making relatively few and his clean sheets record would tend to suggest they are correct.
Lumley on 11:11 - Jan 25 with 2655 viewsAddinall

Surely " playing out from the back" is the problem. Simple solution,don't do it if the opponent is pressing.
Lumley on 13:54 - Jan 25 with 2597 viewsPinnerPaul

Lumley on 09:57 - Jan 25 by gazza1

You'll be looking for a very very very very very very long time for a goalkeeper who doesn't make a mistake.
Lumley on 20:23 - Jan 28 with 2435 viewsTacticalR

In this week's Loftcast Gallen and Sinton point the finger more at Lumley than Scowen.

Play Up Magic Hat (about 5 minutes in)
https://soundcloud.com/theloftcast/play-up-magic-hat

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024