Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What's Up With Scowen? 09:57 - Jan 21 with 1529 viewsDorse

Last season, I'd have had Scowen down first on the team sheet. This season, he seems like a completely different player. I can only put it down to the lack of a moustache. Perhaps it was the source of his powers.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

What's Up With Scowen? on 09:59 - Jan 21 with 1524 viewsdaveB

Different system and style of play last year suited him a lot better although I thought he did well in the last few games before Saturday.
What's Up With Scowen? on 10:20 - Jan 21 with 1460 viewsCroydonCaptJack

What's Up With Scowen? on 09:59 - Jan 21 by daveB

Different system and style of play last year suited him a lot better although I thought he did well in the last few games before Saturday.

Yes, he started the season poorly then had been excellent recently before Saturday.
Despite his mishaps he was still probably one of the least worse players Saturday. He at least made an effort.
What's Up With Scowen? on 13:39 - Jan 21 with 1265 viewsToast_R

If Holloway takes another job any time soon, this will be signing he tries to make.
What's Up With Scowen? on 14:14 - Jan 21 with 1219 viewsqprd

he's a roving, ball winning midfielder who reads the game well and can pass a bit (but not much)

put him with someone who can do the attacking/possession work, and he'll excel. put him with the likes of a Jordan cousins or karl henry, and his weaknesses on the ball are highlighted
What's Up With Scowen? on 15:44 - Jan 21 with 1130 viewskensalriser

Last season I posted something that didn't quite mesh with the then orthodox gushing praise of Scowen and was duly panned for suggesting that he was nothing better than adequate.

This season's fall from grace has been no surprise for me. I don't know if he's really been worse, but I suspect his actual level of talent (no better than OK in championship terms) has been more exposed by the better, more experienced additions to the side.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

What's Up With Scowen? on 16:26 - Jan 21 with 1071 viewsrobith

The system this year has quicker transition of the ball into the attack as we've played primarily as a counter team. This puts his passing technique under pressure vs last year where our build up play was a bit slower.

I think this is exacerbated by McClaren playing the press slightly different - I feel under Holloway Scowen would win the ball a lot coming backwards and coming across the tackler, which then naturally would open up the easy ball backwards of sideways. McClaren seems to have us press much deeper and front on in order that when we win the ball we can transition into attack quicker. The Challenge is Cousins and Scowen seem to be pretty ineffective at it vs Luongo and Cameron
What's Up With Scowen? on 10:00 - Jan 25 with 531 viewsgazza1

Million dollar question......looked a well decent centre midfielder last year, arguably our best player. Could be lots of things why he has not been as good this season, confidence, systems, Manager, injuries - who knows but I find it difficult to understand.

In saying that I don't think he has been as bad as many on here think he has been.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024