Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Changing the subject completely... 08:45 - Jan 22 with 1197 viewshubble

Who's read Sapiens by Yuval Noah Harari? I read it a few years ago, it's a real game changer in terms of how we see and think about the world. I was reminded about it just now and wondered if anyone else on here had read it?

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Changing the subject completely... on 09:21 - Jan 22 with 1171 viewsCiderwithRsie

It's one of approx 5 million books sat on my bedside table that I'll get round to eventually. I bought it after hearing extracts on 'Book of the week' which had me intrigued.
Changing the subject completely... on 09:26 - Jan 22 with 1165 viewshubble

Put it ahead of the other 5 million, it's really worth reading.

Changing the subject completely... on 15:46 - Jan 22 with 1061 viewsericgen34

Yes, it's very good and I have just finished Homo Deus which is also excellent.
Changing the subject completely... on 16:30 - Jan 22 with 1021 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Changing the subject completely... on 09:26 - Jan 22 by hubble

Put it ahead of the other 5 million, it's really worth reading.

What is it about Hud?
Changing the subject completely... on 17:50 - Jan 22 with 998 viewspaesanu

I'm cheating and have downloaded it onto my Blinkist app (it's like crib notes in text & audiobook form)

Poll: If you see someone filming their partner driving at 160mph.. would you

Changing the subject completely... on 18:10 - Jan 22 with 983 viewshubble

Changing the subject completely... on 16:30 - Jan 22 by CroydonCaptJack

What is it about Hud?

In a nutshell Pete, a completely different way of looking at history. But it's more than than that. One of the key questions he posits is: are people happier now, in the modern age, than they were, say, pre the agricultural revolution? And if not, then is the narrative about progress wrong? But he goes even deeper than that, changes the way you look at everything. Very, very good.

Changing the subject completely... on 09:53 - Jan 23 with 827 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Changing the subject completely... on 18:10 - Jan 22 by hubble

In a nutshell Pete, a completely different way of looking at history. But it's more than than that. One of the key questions he posits is: are people happier now, in the modern age, than they were, say, pre the agricultural revolution? And if not, then is the narrative about progress wrong? But he goes even deeper than that, changes the way you look at everything. Very, very good.

ok mate I will check it out after the Robert Harris I am reading.

Sounds potentially heavy but worth it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024