Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For All My Regular Trips Over 02:20 - Jan 23 with 1399 viewsBoston

....I’m obviously not enjoying contemporary British culture to the full. I have little idea who they are and have never watched these Ant and Dec fellows. Would this make me uninformed, insensitive or just lucky?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

For All My Regular Trips Over on 06:28 - Jan 23 with 1340 viewsdanehoop

Ignorance is definitely bliss in this circumstance.

Never knowingly understood

For All My Regular Trips Over on 08:06 - Jan 23 with 1279 viewssmegma

Ant & Dec have little idea of who they are as do most 'celabrertees'.
For All My Regular Trips Over on 09:47 - Jan 23 with 1224 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I quite like them

There, I have said it.
For All My Regular Trips Over on 09:53 - Jan 23 with 1216 viewshopphoops

They're the thinking man's Jedward, if that helps.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

For All My Regular Trips Over on 10:01 - Jan 23 with 1209 viewsTheChef

Had the severe displeasure of finding the wife watching the National TV Awards last night - who knew there was so much vacuous crap on our TV screens? Had to laugh at the 'Best TV Judge' award which included the usual suspects as nominees, Cowell etc. And Judge Rinder.

Even more ridiculous was Ant and Dec getting their usual award, despite the fact Ant has been AWOL the past year.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

For All My Regular Trips Over on 10:10 - Jan 23 with 1199 viewsMick_S

For All My Regular Trips Over on 10:01 - Jan 23 by TheChef

Had the severe displeasure of finding the wife watching the National TV Awards last night - who knew there was so much vacuous crap on our TV screens? Had to laugh at the 'Best TV Judge' award which included the usual suspects as nominees, Cowell etc. And Judge Rinder.

Even more ridiculous was Ant and Dec getting their usual award, despite the fact Ant has been AWOL the past year.

That is beyond ridiculous. He must be some sort of wizard.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

For All My Regular Trips Over on 10:11 - Jan 23 with 1196 viewsCroydonCaptJack

For All My Regular Trips Over on 10:01 - Jan 23 by TheChef

Yes, that was farcical.
For All My Regular Trips Over on 10:19 - Jan 23 with 1181 viewsEastR

Think Morecambe and Wise, but without the talent

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Login to get fewer ads

For All My Regular Trips Over on 10:30 - Jan 23 with 1159 viewssmegma

For All My Regular Trips Over on 10:19 - Jan 23 by EastR

Or the comedy.
For All My Regular Trips Over on 10:34 - Jan 23 with 1155 viewsBoston

For All My Regular Trips Over on 10:19 - Jan 23 by EastR

Barceluton.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

For All My Regular Trips Over on 11:09 - Jan 23 with 1118 viewsPunteR

They obviously dont write their own material but i still find them quite funny. Ive sort of grown up with them weirdly. Watched them on Byker Grove and some other old crap programs. Who could ever forget PJ and Duncan 'Lets get ready to Rumble'...?
I cant pretend i dont know them anyway.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

For All My Regular Trips Over on 11:10 - Jan 23 with 1116 viewsToast_R

I think they're quite good value to be fair. And Ant did Saturday Night Takeaway last year before his accident so it's not true that he spent a whole year AWOL.
For All My Regular Trips Over on 11:18 - Jan 23 with 1103 viewsDannyPaddox

They're still going? Fair play. They were the mainstays when I used to watch telly about ten years ago. They were far from the worst on there. Imagine the Likely Lads then severely rub all the edges and interesting things off till you have 2 smiley emojis. That's Ant & Dec. Ant was taller (Antenna). Dec was smaller (Deck)
For All My Regular Trips Over on 11:25 - Jan 23 with 1093 viewslondonscottish

I find it hard to dislike them, really. I think they're quite good at the light entertainment sort of thing.

Put it this way if Claudia Winkleman appears on the TV peering out fron under that ridiculous fringe and doing all her gurning I litelly have to leave the room immediately. If Ant and Dec appear I might last half an hour and have the odd laugh.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

For All My Regular Trips Over on 11:45 - Jan 23 with 1064 viewsMick_S

For All My Regular Trips Over on 11:25 - Jan 23 by londonscottish

I find it hard to dislike them, really. I think they're quite good at the light entertainment sort of thing.

Put it this way if Claudia Winkleman appears on the TV peering out fron under that ridiculous fringe and doing all her gurning I litelly have to leave the room immediately. If Ant and Dec appear I might last half an hour and have the odd laugh.

Davina McCall sinks my boat. Instant room exit. Along with anyone on Good Morning Britain. And Jeremy Kyle, making a living out of the most stupid people in the country.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2019 11:46]

For All My Regular Trips Over on 11:49 - Jan 23 with 1049 viewsCroydonCaptJack

For All My Regular Trips Over on 11:45 - Jan 23 by Mick_S

Davina McCall sinks my boat. Instant room exit. Along with anyone on Good Morning Britain. And Jeremy Kyle, making a living out of the most stupid people in the country.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2019 11:46]

Mick, Susanna Reid floats everyone's boat doesn't she?

I'm quite taken and a Croydon girl to boot.
For All My Regular Trips Over on 11:56 - Jan 23 with 1038 viewsMick_S

For All My Regular Trips Over on 11:49 - Jan 23 by CroydonCaptJack

Mick, Susanna Reid floats everyone's boat doesn't she?

I'm quite taken and a Croydon girl to boot.

Unfortunately not, Pete, because she works with that Morgan chap. Sullied by association. And she doesn't drink anymore.

For All My Regular Trips Over on 11:56 - Jan 23 with 1037 viewsDannyPaddox

For All My Regular Trips Over on 11:25 - Jan 23 by londonscottish

I get that mainstream culture is often bland and generic and though a show or an entertainer won't necessarily appeal to me I understand their popular appeal. But Claudia Winkelmann is a complete mystery to me. She's like an eerie presence hanging around the corridors in The Shining. I'm gonna hazard a guess she has a very rich and influential husband who works in TV.
For All My Regular Trips Over on 11:57 - Jan 23 with 1033 viewsMick_S

For All My Regular Trips Over on 11:56 - Jan 23 by DannyPaddox

I get that mainstream culture is often bland and generic and though a show or an entertainer won't necessarily appeal to me I understand their popular appeal. But Claudia Winkelmann is a complete mystery to me. She's like an eerie presence hanging around the corridors in The Shining. I'm gonna hazard a guess she has a very rich and influential husband who works in TV.

Eve Pollard's daughter.

She probably supports MK Dons. That's a guess.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2019 11:58]

For All My Regular Trips Over on 13:27 - Jan 23 with 936 viewsloftboy

For All My Regular Trips Over on 09:47 - Jan 23 by CroydonCaptJack

I quite like them

There, I have said it.

Me too

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

For All My Regular Trips Over on 01:49 - Jan 25 with 641 viewstimcocking

Lucky
For All My Regular Trips Over on 02:06 - Jan 25 with 636 viewsDavieQPR

Her mother as stated, Eve Pollard, was Editor of The Sunday Express and her Stepfather was Editor of TheDaily Express. Virtually all her work is with BBC who will only use male presenters in minor roles(unless they are Welsh, Scottish or Irish).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024