Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fullers Brewing sold to Asahi! 09:00 - Jan 25 with 2966 viewsMrSheen

Any suggested new names for Pride?
Fullers Brewing sold to Asahi! on 09:19 - Jan 25 with 2013 viewsBuckR

Tokyo Pride?
Fullers Brewing sold to Asahi! on 09:23 - Jan 25 with 1999 viewsMick_S

Budweiser Pride.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Fullers Brewing sold to Asahi! on 09:53 - Jan 25 with 1952 viewshubble

Sad to hear that news. Soon only a handful of corporations will own everything. Oh, wait...
Fullers Brewing sold to Asahi! on 10:16 - Jan 25 with 1909 viewsMrSheen

Could be worse, if it had been sold to a British brewer, then they would shut the brewery straight away and run everything through an existing site. Youngs' brewing was moved to Charles Wells in Bedford, then they were taken over by Marstons and everything went to Burton. Asahi are probably decent long-term owners. They've said that the Griffin Brewery will stay open (though no promises how long obviously), and they will try to get behind at least some of the brands. As they already owned Meantime, and Fullers owned Dark Star, I'd be more concerned about their breweries.

I read that beer has been brewed at the Chiswick site since 1654. Brave move to start brewing during the rule of the puritan Major Generals!
Fullers Brewing sold to Asahi! on 10:21 - Jan 25 with 1898 viewscolinallcars

Fullers of course took over Gales and Dark Star. I imagine those two names will disappear. I wonder about the future of the brewery. Although next to the A4, it's also on the river in what was Old Chiswick. There are houses worth several millions there - I fear the brewery will be closed and turned into posh flats.
Fullers Brewing sold to Asahi! on 10:30 - Jan 25 with 1876 viewsKonk

Dark Star are one of my favourite breweries, so I'll be very sad if they go downhill. Not that fussed about Fullers' beers, but sad to see a famous London name sold to an overseas corp.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Fullers Brewing sold to Asahi! on 10:50 - Jan 25 with 1825 viewsTacticalR

Fullers Brewing sold to Asahi! on 10:30 - Jan 25 by Konk

Dark Star are one of my favourite breweries, so I'll be very sad if they go downhill. Not that fussed about Fullers' beers, but sad to see a famous London name sold to an overseas corp.

Taking back control.

Air hostess clique

Fullers Brewing sold to Asahi! on 10:53 - Jan 25 with 1820 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Bushido?

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Fullers Brewing sold to Asahi! on 10:54 - Jan 25 with 1813 viewssimmo

Maybe they'll put Sky and BT back in the Crown :-)

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Fullers Brewing sold to Asahi! on 10:59 - Jan 25 with 1798 viewsBklynRanger

Fullers Brewing sold to Asahi! on 10:16 - Jan 25 by MrSheen

Could be worse, if it had been sold to a British brewer, then they would shut the brewery straight away and run everything through an existing site. Youngs' brewing was moved to Charles Wells in Bedford, then they were taken over by Marstons and everything went to Burton. Asahi are probably decent long-term owners. They've said that the Griffin Brewery will stay open (though no promises how long obviously), and they will try to get behind at least some of the brands. As they already owned Meantime, and Fullers owned Dark Star, I'd be more concerned about their breweries.

I read that beer has been brewed at the Chiswick site since 1654. Brave move to start brewing during the rule of the puritan Major Generals!

That's an encouraging take on it Sheen. I go past the Griffin Brewery every day - love the brickwork and the smell of the place. This time of year the steam coming out of the chimney (is it steam? Actually I have no idea what it is...) often produces quite dramatic effects at sunset. Popping into the George and Devonshire for a couple of sneaky pints in a big armchair on the way home... Basically that brewery is responsible for an alarming proportion of my quality of life so don't fcuk about with it please nice Japanese businessmen...
Fullers Brewing sold to Asahi! on 11:01 - Jan 25 with 1790 viewscolinallcars

Fullers Brewing sold to Asahi! on 10:30 - Jan 25 by Konk

Fullers do some very good beers but not always available. The delightful London Porter is rare, ESB is only available in some of their pubs and Chiswick, a nice low gravity beer has been dropped to make way for seasonal beers. As has already been mentioned, look what happened to Youngs when they sold the brewing side of the business - once proud ales like Youngs Special reduced to bland, characterless travesties.
Fullers Brewing sold to Asahi! on 11:05 - Jan 25 with 1781 viewslondonscottish

I love the ad campapign which had the line "Fullers. Made of London".

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Fullers Brewing sold to Asahi! on 11:05 - Jan 25 with 1781 viewsDannyPaddox

Plyde. A prynt of.
Fullers Brewing sold to Asahi! on 11:14 - Jan 25 with 1761 viewsjohncharles

London Pride hasn’t been proper London Pride for quite a few years now. Won’t be missed.

Strong and stable my arse.

Fullers Brewing sold to Asahi! on 11:15 - Jan 25 with 1759 viewshubble

Fullers Brewing sold to Asahi! on 10:21 - Jan 25 by colinallcars

Fullers of course took over Gales and Dark Star. I imagine those two names will disappear. I wonder about the future of the brewery. Although next to the A4, it's also on the river in what was Old Chiswick. There are houses worth several millions there - I fear the brewery will be closed and turned into posh flats.

Sadly I think you're right. Like Bklyn, love the smell that comes from the Chiswick brewery, not least because it brings back fond memories of childhood walking long Chiswick Mall with my granddad, up to the band stands on Duke's Meadows and Barnes Bridge. An iconic brewery, I fear it will soon go the way of so much else we have treasured.
Fullers Brewing sold to Asahi! on 11:37 - Jan 25 with 1712 viewsqprd

Fullers Brewing sold to Asahi! on 10:50 - Jan 25 by TacticalR

Taking back control.

You can thank Margaret Thatcher for opening up the flood gates to foreign acquisitions of British businesses.

You can thank Brexit for depreciating the pound and making it significantly cheaper for other nations to buy British companies.

Do British people own any of the big companies in this country? Power plants, railway companies, London real estate, Pret, Costa, Manchester United... its all foreign owned.
Fullers Brewing sold to Asahi! on 12:52 - Jan 25 with 1605 viewsDanB

Fullers Brewing sold to Asahi! on 10:16 - Jan 25 by MrSheen

Young's beer is brewed in Bedford.
Fullers Brewing sold to Asahi! on 13:07 - Jan 25 with 1569 viewsBoston

Fullers Brewing sold to Asahi! on 11:37 - Jan 25 by qprd

You can thank Margaret Thatcher for opening up the flood gates to foreign acquisitions of British businesses.

You can thank Brexit for depreciating the pound and making it significantly cheaper for other nations to buy British companies.

Do British people own any of the big companies in this country? Power plants, railway companies, London real estate, Pret, Costa, Manchester United... its all foreign owned.

It’s not a one way street.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Fullers Brewing sold to Asahi! on 13:08 - Jan 25 with 1562 viewsBoston

Fullers Brewing sold to Asahi! on 11:15 - Jan 25 by hubble

Sadly I think you're right. Like Bklyn, love the smell that comes from the Chiswick brewery, not least because it brings back fond memories of childhood walking long Chiswick Mall with my granddad, up to the band stands on Duke's Meadows and Barnes Bridge. An iconic brewery, I fear it will soon go the way of so much else we have treasured.

Big enough plot to build a football stadium by any chance?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Fullers Brewing sold to Asahi! on 13:13 - Jan 25 with 1549 viewsJuzzie

Fullers Brewing sold to Asahi! on 10:59 - Jan 25 by BklynRanger

That's an encouraging take on it Sheen. I go past the Griffin Brewery every day - love the brickwork and the smell of the place. This time of year the steam coming out of the chimney (is it steam? Actually I have no idea what it is...) often produces quite dramatic effects at sunset. Popping into the George and Devonshire for a couple of sneaky pints in a big armchair on the way home... Basically that brewery is responsible for an alarming proportion of my quality of life so don't fcuk about with it please nice Japanese businessmen...

Same here, I go past it everyday as I go down the A316 (and vice versa in the morning).

Really hope it doesn't get demolished for flats, not every piece of land can be residential but that's where the money is. I just hope that somehow it's listed or if not would be protected by the council.
Fullers Brewing sold to Asahi! on 13:17 - Jan 25 with 1534 viewsMrSheen

Fullers Brewing sold to Asahi! on 12:52 - Jan 25 by DanB

Young's beer is brewed in Bedford.

My mistake. Youngs sold their brewing to Charles Wells so they could redevelop the Wandsworth site. Charles Wells then sold their brewing to Marstons, but they have kept Bedford open. It's amazing how many old names are now owned by Marstons - Breakspear, Courage, Youngs, McEwans, Mansfield, Banks.
Fullers Brewing sold to Asahi! on 13:19 - Jan 25 with 1531 viewshubble

Fullers Brewing sold to Asahi! on 13:08 - Jan 25 by Boston

Big enough plot to build a football stadium by any chance?

Yeah, I reckon. Keeping the old exterior and a micro-brewery on site. London's most iconic stadium! Win win.
Fullers Brewing sold to Asahi! on 13:25 - Jan 25 with 1513 viewsheadhoops

Fullers Brewing sold to Asahi! on 11:37 - Jan 25 by qprd

I believe there is a dodgy bloke that owns a shonky airline in Asia

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Fullers Brewing sold to Asahi! on 13:27 - Jan 25 with 1512 viewsEsox_Lucius

Fullers Brewing sold to Asahi! on 13:19 - Jan 25 by hubble

Yeah, I reckon. Keeping the old exterior and a micro-brewery on site. London's most iconic stadium! Win win.

I absolutely love that idea. A bang up to date modern stadium that is a few hundred years old. That would be such a QPR thing to do.

The grass is always greener.

Fullers Brewing sold to Asahi! on 13:37 - Feb 3 with 1035 viewsLazyFan

Fullers Brewing sold to Asahi! on 13:07 - Jan 25 by Boston

It’s not a one way street.

What do WE own that is based in other countries?

Not much I would say.

zzzzzzzzzz

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024