Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
CUP FEVERRRRRRRRR !!! 16:25 - Jan 25 with 2192 viewsSnipper

I haven’t been this excited about an away game for years and years.

Wigan away in the play offs was just too nerve wracking to be excited. In fact, the play offs are just horrible, unless you go on to win them.

Tomorrow’s match though is like a free hit. No nerves, just pure excitement about being in the fourth round of the FA Cup.

Come on you Rs.
CUP FEVERRRRRRRRR !!! on 19:44 - Jan 25 with 2065 viewsBoston

👍

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

CUP FEVERRRRRRRRR !!! on 20:22 - Jan 25 with 2026 viewsWestonsuperR

What I don’t get is why the massive interest for this match? It was only a few years ago that we last reached the FA Cup 4th round, on that occasion after beating a Premiership team in round 3. I dont remember anything like the excitement that this game has caused and as we were away to an average League one team (MK Dons) we had a better chance of progressing.

No complaints, I’m excited also just not sure why!
CUP FEVERRRRRRRRR !!! on 20:52 - Jan 25 with 2001 viewsqueensparker

CUP FEVERRRRRRRRR !!! on 20:22 - Jan 25 by WestonsuperR

What I don’t get is why the massive interest for this match? It was only a few years ago that we last reached the FA Cup 4th round, on that occasion after beating a Premiership team in round 3. I dont remember anything like the excitement that this game has caused and as we were away to an average League one team (MK Dons) we had a better chance of progressing.

- it’s Pompey, good day out
- we’re actually playing quite well (Preston excepted) and there’s a general feeling that at least we’ll give it a f–king good go and won’t bottle it
- the kids we did slot in against Leeds (Kakay, Oteh) played really well

Wish I was going, although I’ve been present at many many top turnouts over the years that didn’t quite go to plan!
CUP FEVERRRRRRRRR !!! on 21:19 - Jan 25 with 1951 viewsWestonsuperR

CUP FEVERRRRRRRRR !!! on 20:52 - Jan 25 by queensparker

- it’s Pompey, good day out
- we’re actually playing quite well (Preston excepted) and there’s a general feeling that at least we’ll give it a f–king good go and won’t bottle it
- the kids we did slot in against Leeds (Kakay, Oteh) played really well

Wish I was going, although I’ve been present at many many top turnouts over the years that didn’t quite go to plan!

Despite a few playing well v Leeds let’s hope it’s a full team v Pompey!
CUP FEVERRRRRRRRR !!! on 01:15 - Jan 26 with 1788 viewsBoston

CUP FEVERRRRRRRRR !!! on 20:22 - Jan 25 by WestonsuperR

It’s like being in a motorcycle club, every now and then the members go for a run to the seaside.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

CUP FEVERRRRRRRRR !!! on 08:13 - Jan 26 with 1670 viewsdaveB

pretty sure the last FA Cup 4th round away game i went to was Arsenal in 1990, am equally excited about today
CUP FEVERRRRRRRRR !!! on 08:41 - Jan 26 with 1645 viewspaulparker

CUP FEVERRRRRRRRR !!! on 08:13 - Jan 26 by daveB

pretty sure the last FA Cup 4th round away game i went to was Arsenal in 1990, am equally excited about today

Funny you say that Dave this feels like the run of 1990 I don’t know why it just does maybe it’s because we are taking big numbers today like we did in that run ,
Altogether now “ we’re on the march with Stevies army, we’re all going to Wembley and we gonna shake them up when we win the fa cup , cos Rangers are the greatest football team “
Now watch us get stuffed

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

CUP FEVERRRRRRRRR !!! on 09:42 - Jan 26 with 1592 viewsDorse

CUP FEVERRRRRRRRR !!! on 08:41 - Jan 26 by paulparker

Funny you say that Dave this feels like the run of 1990 I don’t know why it just does maybe it’s because we are taking big numbers today like we did in that run ,
Altogether now “ we’re on the march with Stevies army, we’re all going to Wembley and we gonna shake them up when we win the fa cup , cos Rangers are the greatest football team “
Now watch us get stuffed

I dispute the premise of the chant, as a cup win obtained through the efforts of a professional sports team that is widely acclaimed as 'the greatest' should occasion little or no surprise to the wider observer. A more correct chant would be:

'We are attending a match involving QPR, we may be going to Wembley (results depending) and this might cause a surprise if we should win the FA Cup, as Rangers are clearly not the most able team at this stage left in the competition'. Obviously, this can be altered if all other teams that are in better form and / or resources are eliminated, particularly if they are eliminated by QPR.

I think that is a chant that we can all get behind.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2019 9:45]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Login to get fewer ads

CUP FEVERRRRRRRRR !!! on 11:12 - Jan 26 with 1498 viewseghamranger

For those of us not going.. football focus is coming from fratton Park
CUP FEVERRRRRRRRR !!! on 11:18 - Jan 26 with 1483 viewsMick_S

CUP FEVERRRRRRRRR !!! on 11:12 - Jan 26 by eghamranger

For those of us not going.. football focus is coming from fratton Park

I'm not very good at this kind of thing, so does that mean we have more chance of getting a stream? I'm working today and that would pass a lovely couple of hours. Hopefully.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

CUP FEVERRRRRRRRR !!! on 23:54 - Jan 27 with 1127 viewsMiss_Terraces

I just want to watch a FA Cup game, in the warmth. When did that last happen?

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

CUP FEVERRRRRRRRR !!! on 00:23 - Jan 28 with 1094 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

CUP FEVERRRRRRRRR !!! on 23:54 - Jan 27 by Miss_Terraces

I just want to watch a FA Cup game, in the warmth. When did that last happen?

I think the Arsenal one in 2001 was on the telly wasn't it?
CUP FEVERRRRRRRRR !!! on 09:30 - Jan 28 with 982 viewsMrSheen

CUP FEVERRRRRRRRR !!! on 09:42 - Jan 26 by Dorse

I dispute the premise of the chant, as a cup win obtained through the efforts of a professional sports team that is widely acclaimed as 'the greatest' should occasion little or no surprise to the wider observer. A more correct chant would be:

'We are attending a match involving QPR, we may be going to Wembley (results depending) and this might cause a surprise if we should win the FA Cup, as Rangers are clearly not the most able team at this stage left in the competition'. Obviously, this can be altered if all other teams that are in better form and / or resources are eliminated, particularly if they are eliminated by QPR.

I think that is a chant that we can all get behind.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2019 9:45]

Some people! Next you’ll be alleging that we’re not actually the finest football team the world has ever seen.
CUP FEVERRRRRRRRR !!! on 09:55 - Jan 28 with 928 viewsDorse

CUP FEVERRRRRRRRR !!! on 09:30 - Jan 28 by MrSheen

Some people! Next you’ll be alleging that we’re not actually the finest football team the world has ever seen.

It is possible to argue that, in terms of distinctive sartorial elegance, this chant would be correct.

However, the chant includes the 'world' as a collective noun, the implication being that all the people on the aforementioned planet have, at some stage, witnessed a QPR game and have concluded en masse that what they have seen is objectively better than any and all other teams. This would appear unlikely as, for this to be true, they would have to have witnessed and judged all other teams, at all other times, in action in order to reach their conclusion.

With regard to referees' masturbatorial habits, the statistical probability of the chant being false is vanishingly small. And John Terry is a c unt.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

CUP FEVERRRRRRRRR !!! on 10:25 - Jan 28 with 889 viewsMrSheen

CUP FEVERRRRRRRRR !!! on 09:55 - Jan 28 by Dorse

It is possible to argue that, in terms of distinctive sartorial elegance, this chant would be correct.

However, the chant includes the 'world' as a collective noun, the implication being that all the people on the aforementioned planet have, at some stage, witnessed a QPR game and have concluded en masse that what they have seen is objectively better than any and all other teams. This would appear unlikely as, for this to be true, they would have to have witnessed and judged all other teams, at all other times, in action in order to reach their conclusion.

With regard to referees' masturbatorial habits, the statistical probability of the chant being false is vanishingly small. And John Terry is a c unt.

With respect sir, your counter-argument hinges on whether the appellation "the finest" can only be awarded after a collective consideration, or if it can be judged by an external standard. If i saw someone exceptionally tall walking down the street and said "There goes the tallest man who ever lived", I would be making a risky judgement considering my lack of research, but I might just have made a very lucky guess. I would be unable to prove it to anyone else's satisfaction, but I could still be right.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2019 10:28]
CUP FEVERRRRRRRRR !!! on 10:48 - Jan 28 with 852 viewsdaveB

CUP FEVERRRRRRRRR !!! on 00:23 - Jan 28 by BazzaInTheLoft

I think the Arsenal one in 2001 was on the telly wasn't it?

Thankfully it wasn't, Arsenal game was a 3pm saturday game. our last FA Cup game on the TV was MK Dons replay in 2012
CUP FEVERRRRRRRRR !!! on 11:38 - Jan 28 with 802 viewsDannyPaddox

In reference to the ongoing conversation between Messers Sheen and Dorse I too pay particular attention to the content and veracity of the in-game verbal text disseminating from myself and fellow spectators.

I particularly pay close attention to the movement, judgement, appearance, and/or agility of the opposition goalkeeper. And once satisfied that said custodian has fulfilled certain said criteria I then feel rightfully qualified and compelled to announce at the next goal-kick:

"Whoooooooooooaahhhhhhhhh ... YOU'RE SHÃŒT!!! ... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrgghhh!!!"
[Post edited 28 Jan 2019 11:45]
CUP FEVERRRRRRRRR !!! on 12:08 - Jan 28 with 746 viewssmegma

CUP FEVERRRRRRRRR !!! on 10:48 - Jan 28 by daveB

Thankfully it wasn't, Arsenal game was a 3pm saturday game. our last FA Cup game on the TV was MK Dons replay in 2012

I think he meant on MOTD that evening. Remember , In 1990 football hadn't been invented yet so the BBC would only show about 5-6 games on FA Cup weekends.
CUP FEVERRRRRRRRR !!! on 12:23 - Jan 28 with 721 viewsDavieQPR

CUP FEVERRRRRRRRR !!! on 11:38 - Jan 28 by DannyPaddox

In reference to the ongoing conversation between Messers Sheen and Dorse I too pay particular attention to the content and veracity of the in-game verbal text disseminating from myself and fellow spectators.

I particularly pay close attention to the movement, judgement, appearance, and/or agility of the opposition goalkeeper. And once satisfied that said custodian has fulfilled certain said criteria I then feel rightfully qualified and compelled to announce at the next goal-kick:

"Whoooooooooooaahhhhhhhhh ... YOU'RE SHÃŒT!!! ... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrgghhh!!!"
[Post edited 28 Jan 2019 11:45]

Mine seems to be the haircuts, From a simple 'Sh*t effing hair cut' to 'Bird sh*t on his head' and 'Strawberry blonde your 'aving a laugh'.
CUP FEVERRRRRRRRR !!! on 19:39 - Jan 28 with 623 viewsMatch82

CUP FEVERRRRRRRRR !!! on 10:25 - Jan 28 by MrSheen

With respect sir, your counter-argument hinges on whether the appellation "the finest" can only be awarded after a collective consideration, or if it can be judged by an external standard. If i saw someone exceptionally tall walking down the street and said "There goes the tallest man who ever lived", I would be making a risky judgement considering my lack of research, but I might just have made a very lucky guess. I would be unable to prove it to anyone else's satisfaction, but I could still be right.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2019 10:28]

Right, so we might not be the "finest" football team, but we can make a good case for being the "fined-est"
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024