Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shodipo lives !!! 18:37 - Jan 28 with 2395 viewssmegma

Under 23 side to play Colchester United away tonight.

1. Brzozowski 2. Felix 3. Genovesi 4. Bettache 5. Omar 6. Noel-McLeod 7. Tilt 8. Mesias 9. Platt 10. Bans all-McNulty 11. Shodipo
subs 12. De Silva 13. Bowman (gk) 14. Fox 15. Wells

7pm kick off no idea if its online.
Shodipo lives !!! on 19:19 - Jan 28 with 2285 viewsaston_hoop

Whats happened to Tilt? Wasn't he on the verge of the first team squad last season? Sure I haven't heard so much about him this season anyway

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Shodipo lives !!! on 20:49 - Jan 28 with 2101 viewsderbyhoop

That's a very young side. No Kakay, Phillip's, Owen's, Goss, etc.

Nice to see Shodipo back. A game on the comeback trail.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Shodipo lives !!! on 21:09 - Jan 28 with 2042 viewssmegma

Shodipo lives !!! on 19:19 - Jan 28 by aston_hoop

Whats happened to Tilt? Wasn't he on the verge of the first team squad last season? Sure I haven't heard so much about him this season anyway

Been missing from under 23s for a while as he was on trial at Walsall.
Shodipo lives !!! on 21:10 - Jan 28 with 2032 viewssmegma

Shodipo lives !!! on 20:49 - Jan 28 by derbyhoop

That's a very young side. No Kakay, Phillip's, Owen's, Goss, etc.

Nice to see Shodipo back. A game on the comeback trail.

Dillon De Silva came on at HT. He is 16 years young.
Shodipo lives !!! on 21:20 - Jan 28 with 1987 viewssmegma

Forgot to add we lost 2-1. 1 nil up on 18 mins Amrit Bansal-McNulty. Colchester got a dodgy pen on 70 to equalise then scored on about 80. At the start of second half my phone said it was minus 1 Celsius.
Shodipo lives !!! on 23:23 - Jan 28 with 1740 viewsbosh67

Great Shodipo is coming back. Get him fully fit. Loan him out for the remainder of the season. Get him to sign a new contract, loan him out for another season. Then get him to sign an extension, loan him out again but bring him back at some stage at half time at Loftus Road to be inaugurated as an 'ever R' and then terminate his contract.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Shodipo lives !!! on 02:25 - Jan 29 with 1622 viewsderbyhoop

From memory, Colchester aren't great but the results take second place to player development. So, I don't have any issue with playing mostly U18s or just a bit older.
If the club don't know what the older players missing can do, by now, then there's something wrong.
I hope some of the U23s from 1st half of season can get loan deals that will see them playing at a better level than U23s.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Shodipo lives !!! on 12:39 - Jan 29 with 1294 viewssmegma

Shodipo lives !!! on 02:25 - Jan 29 by derbyhoop

From memory, Colchester aren't great but the results take second place to player development. So, I don't have any issue with playing mostly U18s or just a bit older.
If the club don't know what the older players missing can do, by now, then there's something wrong.
I hope some of the U23s from 1st half of season can get loan deals that will see them playing at a better level than U23s.

I would rather see players at the start of their careers irrespective of whether they've come through our Academy than watch plodding, jobbing never have beens in their late 20s early 30s that offer nothing. 8 of the starters last night have come through our Academy at various age stages. And as mentioned, one of the subs (De Silva) was playing for the under 16s eight months ago and made his debut at under 23 level. He played really well having replaced Shodipo at half time. Has been a regular at under 18s this season. Talking to one of the coaching staff last night there have been many behind closed doors friendlies at Harlington this month and the club is preparing for next season already with boys being told whether they will be here come preseason training. And as mentioned, winning is not the be all. Since Oteh played against Leeds in the FA Cup, he hasn't featured for the under 23s and we've lost all 3 games in January including last night. He will be hard to replace at that level but has earnt his place in the first team squad which is what it's all about.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2019 12:40]
Login to get fewer ads

Shodipo lives !!! on 12:45 - Jan 29 with 1266 viewsRangersDave

Shodipo lives !!! on 19:19 - Jan 28 by aston_hoop

one hard nudge and its 'game over man'!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Shodipo lives !!! on 12:46 - Jan 29 with 1262 viewsPinnerPaul

Shodipo lives !!! on 12:39 - Jan 29 by smegma

I would rather see players at the start of their careers irrespective of whether they've come through our Academy than watch plodding, jobbing never have beens in their late 20s early 30s that offer nothing. 8 of the starters last night have come through our Academy at various age stages. And as mentioned, one of the subs (De Silva) was playing for the under 16s eight months ago and made his debut at under 23 level. He played really well having replaced Shodipo at half time. Has been a regular at under 18s this season. Talking to one of the coaching staff last night there have been many behind closed doors friendlies at Harlington this month and the club is preparing for next season already with boys being told whether they will be here come preseason training. And as mentioned, winning is not the be all. Since Oteh played against Leeds in the FA Cup, he hasn't featured for the under 23s and we've lost all 3 games in January including last night. He will be hard to replace at that level but has earnt his place in the first team squad which is what it's all about.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2019 12:40]

So you would say the youth set up has improved in the last 2 years then?

Interested in your views because you actually watch them!

For the rest of us we really only judge on how many 'young'players make the first team - obviously that is the main object of the exercise , but the whole set up sounds much more organised now.

Would that be fair?

Cheers
Shodipo lives !!! on 13:51 - Jan 29 with 1152 viewssmegma

Shodipo lives !!! on 12:46 - Jan 29 by PinnerPaul

So you would say the youth set up has improved in the last 2 years then?

Interested in your views because you actually watch them!

For the rest of us we really only judge on how many 'young'players make the first team - obviously that is the main object of the exercise , but the whole set up sounds much more organised now.

Would that be fair?

Cheers

5 years ago the under 18s were dreadful. Things started to improve about 4 years ago. The Academy is going from strength to strength year on year.

I blame Evil Les and his old Tottenham crony Chris Ramsey.
Shodipo lives !!! on 14:18 - Jan 29 with 1119 viewsPinnerPaul

Shodipo lives !!! on 13:51 - Jan 29 by smegma

5 years ago the under 18s were dreadful. Things started to improve about 4 years ago. The Academy is going from strength to strength year on year.

I blame Evil Les and his old Tottenham crony Chris Ramsey.

Cheers.

I really must make an effort and go and see some these games.

I officiate on a fair number of U18s/U23s games so would be good to compare the teams/standards
Shodipo lives !!! on 16:20 - Jan 29 with 988 viewsWestbourneR

Shodipo lives !!! on 23:23 - Jan 28 by bosh67

Great Shodipo is coming back. Get him fully fit. Loan him out for the remainder of the season. Get him to sign a new contract, loan him out for another season. Then get him to sign an extension, loan him out again but bring him back at some stage at half time at Loftus Road to be inaugurated as an 'ever R' and then terminate his contract.

Glad to see the club are finally doing things the right way

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Shodipo lives !!! on 17:23 - Jan 29 with 931 viewscaliforniahoop

Shodipo lives !!! on 21:10 - Jan 28 by smegma

Dillon De Silva came on at HT. He is 16 years young.

Not surprised De Silva has pushed on, good little prospect, someone mentioned Tilt was on trial at Walsall, was that with a view to a loan?
Shodipo lives !!! on 17:24 - Jan 29 with 929 viewscaliforniahoop

Also glad to see this lad, Bettache getting games.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024