Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is well worth a watch. 23:54 - Jan 30 with 3853 viewsSnipper

It’s the media view of Man City v QPR in that game.

They seem to think that we relaxed when we knew we were safe.

But if the real QPR away team performances had materialised that day, Sky wouldn’t have had their wànkathon. We never get any credit for it either.

This is well worth a watch. on 23:56 - Jan 30 with 2947 viewsdaveB

We only knew we were safe for about 20 seconds before they scored, you can see from our defence they were not relaxing, they just messed it up
This is well worth a watch. on 00:01 - Jan 31 with 2923 viewsSnipper

This is well worth a watch. on 23:56 - Jan 30 by daveB

We only knew we were safe for about 20 seconds before they scored, you can see from our defence they were not relaxing, they just messed it up

It’s what they say though. Especially Martin Tyler.
This is well worth a watch. on 00:20 - Jan 31 with 2896 viewsstowmarketrange

This is well worth a watch. on 00:01 - Jan 31 by Snipper

I don’t think it was as long as 20 seconds,more like 2 or 3 seconds.At least that’s what it was on the 2 tellies I was watching at the time.
This is well worth a watch. on 00:29 - Jan 31 with 2880 viewsaston_hoop

Jesus, Joey Barton was a stupid cūnt wasn't he?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

This is well worth a watch. on 01:17 - Jan 31 with 2853 viewsCLAREMAN1995

This is well worth a watch. on 00:29 - Jan 31 by aston_hoop

Bingo,lost in all the excitement and drama is the utter disgusting behavior from Barton.It looks like he got a complete pass for trying to get half of the City team sent off but they were too smart.
I love this Doc because it clearly shows nobody rated us yet we played one of our best games that season..Mackie's goal was just stunning so typical of his heart.
There is another Doc from the Fan's perspective online as well but I prefer the media one .
Martin Tyler sounds like a total class act btw
This is well worth a watch. on 01:55 - Jan 31 with 2837 viewssmegma

Was ???
This is well worth a watch. on 01:57 - Jan 31 with 2836 viewssmegma

I'm still gutted we lost.
This is well worth a watch. on 07:18 - Jan 31 with 2658 viewsloftboy

You say that but I always used to say “ if you’re going to be sent off then you may as well do it properly” there’s nothing worse than a playing getting sent off for raising his hands, the punishments the same so you may as well lump the fella if he’s upset you, will never forget Paul Parker’s sending off v Man City, booted Gary Megson full on in the face.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Login to get fewer ads

This is well worth a watch. on 07:39 - Jan 31 with 2633 viewsTonto

I always got the impression that half the team relaxed... the half on the right side of the pitch nearest the dugout that is...

I remered it like this: We were jumping up and down as we found out Bolton had drawn and we were safe as we took the kick off.

The bench rewated tonthat and those nearest The bench were asking what's going on? But that message was filtering across and that's what caused our confusion... we were looking the the bench not what was going on...

I never understood why Kenny didn't take longer with his punt up field... he could have done. I always thought he knew...

And yes Barton was a total sh1t

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

This is well worth a watch. on 08:27 - Jan 31 with 2568 viewsLowerloftLad

why did we just pass the ball to city ?
[Post edited 31 Jan 2019 8:36]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

This is well worth a watch. on 08:36 - Jan 31 with 2542 viewsTheChef

This is well worth a watch. on 01:57 - Jan 31 by smegma

Ha me too! On the train back I was still wondering how the fock we lost that in injury time.

In the end though, all the fans went away happy and ultimately it stopped ManUre winning the title, so across the board it was probably the perfect result (other then us not winning the game!).

I think had City not won the title that day it would have made for an interesting exit from the stadium for us...

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

This is well worth a watch. on 09:07 - Jan 31 with 2493 viewsToast_R

Still think the Arsenal title win of 1989 was more dramatic, Man City were just another team that bought the title.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2019 9:08]
This is well worth a watch. on 09:45 - Jan 31 with 2408 viewsngbqpr

One of my favourite Clive match report moments ever was the Mackie goal, when he described JM as “flying through the air like a tattooed goose”

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

This is well worth a watch. on 09:47 - Jan 31 with 2402 viewsfrancisbowles

No fan of Barton but it has been forgotten that it was Tevez who started it by whacking Barton around the head but missed by ref and what really infuriated me was that the FA took no action.
This is well worth a watch. on 10:00 - Jan 31 with 2365 viewsStanFan

Me too - and also the way we lost. I hate the fact that this match keeps coming back to haunt us.
This is well worth a watch. on 10:35 - Jan 31 with 2283 viewsRBlock

This is well worth a watch. on 08:36 - Jan 31 by TheChef

Ha me too! On the train back I was still wondering how the fock we lost that in injury time.

In the end though, all the fans went away happy and ultimately it stopped ManUre winning the title, so across the board it was probably the perfect result (other then us not winning the game!).

I think had City not won the title that day it would have made for an interesting exit from the stadium for us...

I'm almost glad we didn't win it tbh. As you say, had City not won the title things could have got a bit hairy. As it ended up however, we were all celebrating together with the added bonus of pissing off United and Fergie also.
This is well worth a watch. on 10:39 - Jan 31 with 2275 viewsdaveB

This is well worth a watch. on 00:01 - Jan 31 by Snipper

They said we knew we were safe for a few minutes but thats rubbish. I remember it well, was in the away end we heard the news and celebrated, Joe Hart had the ball and played it forward and they scored 20 seconds later. I cheered then panicked that the news we heard was wrong before. When you watch the match back you hear a big cheer from our end and Martin Tyler says news come through QPR are safe and then 20 seconds later they score.
This is well worth a watch. on 10:42 - Jan 31 with 2272 viewsSydneyRs

This is well worth a watch. on 09:07 - Jan 31 by Toast_R

Still think the Arsenal title win of 1989 was more dramatic, Man City were just another team that bought the title.

This. Far more dramatic and at the ground of the team that would have won the title otherwise. That game ended Liverpool's dominance of the English game and they have yet to recover.
This is well worth a watch. on 10:55 - Jan 31 with 2240 viewsJuzzie

Doesn't count. It's prior to '92 so football didn't exist then.

(btw, I agree! Also, that game was between the two very teams vying for the title)
[Post edited 31 Jan 2019 14:12]
This is well worth a watch. on 10:59 - Jan 31 with 2233 viewsJuzzie

Likewise. I'm glad City won the title over Utd but at that moment in time when Augero scored I was kicking the seat in front of me. a) because we threw away a lead inside a couple of minutes and b) I still wasn't sure if we were safe or not as so much cross-information going around so was gutted that we might be down. Only a minute or so later it was confirmed we were safe then I could relax and 'enjoy' the fact they won the title over Utd.

And yes, it was clear that the team did not know "minutes" before, it was probably seconds and I reckon the ensuing confusion meant they switched off what had been 100% concentration and that moments lapse allowed City through to nick it.

p.s. it annoys the fk out of me too that we don't get any credit for what was an astonishing day. City had won all but one of their homes games all season (the only dropped points were 2-2 to Sunderland) and considering our woeful away record and 6-1* capitulation at Chelsea a few weeks earlier it should have been a routine, boring 5-0 (at least) home win. Walking around the ground beforehand there was certainly a nervy atmosphere from the home fans and that seemed the case during the game.

City certainly played their part and peppered us most of the game but our defence and Kenny in particularly were magnificent.

We gave them a fking good game and had one of our players sent off and still went 2-1 up. But no, it's all about them and 'that' goal.

*edited! Sorry!

[Post edited 31 Jan 2019 12:28]
This is well worth a watch. on 11:08 - Jan 31 with 2204 viewsMick_S

There is a story that an Arsenal fan walked into a bookies in Liverpool and slapped a couple of thousand pounds down on an Arsenal 2-0 win prior to kick off. Have some of that.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

This is well worth a watch. on 11:22 - Jan 31 with 2164 viewsLunarJetman

This is well worth a watch. on 08:27 - Jan 31 by LowerloftLad

why did we just pass the ball to city ?
[Post edited 31 Jan 2019 8:36]

Mark Hughes - tactical genius....
This is well worth a watch. on 11:33 - Jan 31 with 2129 viewsSnipper

100% agree. I watched that game in New Zealand. Had the alarm set for 6.30am after a heavy night on the beer. Hungover to fùck, but a couple of beers had by half 7, and I was right as rain.
This is well worth a watch. on 11:37 - Jan 31 with 2113 viewsNoelmc

Thought at the time that he should have put Adel on in the late stages. We had everyone back and just kept clearing it to City for the next wave of attacks to start. If Adel had been on as an outlet City would have had real trouble getting the ball back off him. He could well have caused havoc in the open spaces available, with only Kompany staying back for City.

Still, despite Hughes ineptness, the result turned out well for us. I had a radio with me so knew we were safe before Aguero scored and joined in with the celebrations with everyone else.
This is well worth a watch. on 12:27 - Jan 31 with 2007 viewsManinBlack

This is well worth a watch. on 10:59 - Jan 31 by Juzzie

Likewise. I'm glad City won the title over Utd but at that moment in time when Augero scored I was kicking the seat in front of me. a) because we threw away a lead inside a couple of minutes and b) I still wasn't sure if we were safe or not as so much cross-information going around so was gutted that we might be down. Only a minute or so later it was confirmed we were safe then I could relax and 'enjoy' the fact they won the title over Utd.

And yes, it was clear that the team did not know "minutes" before, it was probably seconds and I reckon the ensuing confusion meant they switched off what had been 100% concentration and that moments lapse allowed City through to nick it.

p.s. it annoys the fk out of me too that we don't get any credit for what was an astonishing day. City had won all but one of their homes games all season (the only dropped points were 2-2 to Sunderland) and considering our woeful away record and 6-1* capitulation at Chelsea a few weeks earlier it should have been a routine, boring 5-0 (at least) home win. Walking around the ground beforehand there was certainly a nervy atmosphere from the home fans and that seemed the case during the game.

City certainly played their part and peppered us most of the game but our defence and Kenny in particularly were magnificent.

We gave them a fking good game and had one of our players sent off and still went 2-1 up. But no, it's all about them and 'that' goal.

*edited! Sorry!

[Post edited 31 Jan 2019 12:28]

We only lost 6-1 to Chelsea. Please don't add another goal to the record books.

The fact of the matter is that if people wanted QPR to receive any praise for that game then we had to ensure we didn't lose. The stoppage time fiasco killed that hope as the records show we lost. All the great work in 90 minutes that was being praised as the match unfolded was chucked away in added time.

If we had at least drawn the game,that nobody gave us a cat in hell's chance of getting anything, then our performance would have been remembered in how we played our part in Man United winning the title. Had we held on to win we would have gone into folklore as the team that upset the applecart. Subsequent visits to City saw us lose easily to them including the 6-0 debacle in our last visit to them. Who knows we may never get another chance to win at their stadium as the gap is increasing between us with each passing year. I still rage about it now in the realisation that every year this defeat will appear on my tv screen probably for the rest of my life.

It is a comparable defeat to how Bayern lost the Champions League final to United in the last few minutes. Nobody remembers that Bayern battered them most of the game. All that matters is the result. Whilst I agree Arsenal beating Liverpool at Anfield was the greater feat, you have to remember Arsenal only required one more goal in the dying minutes whereas City had to get two and that is probably why City's win is more lauded. Also the little matter of them pipping their city neighbours to the title thrown in.

I said at the time we should have won the match and taken the accolades as which Manchester club won the league was irrelevant to us and not celebrated United losing out. It was patently obvious with their billions that City would start dominating the Premier League for many years to come and that if they had missed out against us it wouldn't be long before they did win it. We would have just delayed the inevitable. People will be just as sick of City, as they have been with Liverpool and United in the past, in the coming years. People will question themselves as to why they were we so happy to see City win the league that day like those people who were pleased to see Liverpool win the title in 1976 and what happened after that. Be careful what you wish for...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024