Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just back 20:10 - Feb 2 with 7772 viewsMancR

I know these 'just back" threads are not so important or illuminating these days, as many of you have watched a live stream. But for any of you who haven't had the displeasure of today's match, what a complete horror show our team put on. It was so abject at times that it was almost unbelievable. Wigan were absolutely average but that's all they needed to be to beat our shower of shame. Clive will not need any marks above 5(but I know he will hand the odd 6 out, maybe to Lumley,Scowen and possibly Luongo) but really there should be some 3s and 4s in his ratings.
The defending for the goals had to be seen to be believed, Eze couldn't make a five yard pass, Wells had a stinker which included missing a one on one because of terrible touch, Freeman sulked and moaned throughout, the referee was pants, Wszolek was anonymous.........
I could list other bits of crap but I can't be arsed, a bit like our team at the moment.
As for Tuesday, we are not favourites and Pompey should be expecting a win if we don't buck our ideas up.
Whatever Mcclaren says ignore him, we were pathetic today.
Just back on 20:24 - Feb 2 with 6472 viewsVancouverHoop

He wasn't very impressed either...

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/interviews/mcclaren-reacts-to-wigan-defeat/
Just back on 20:26 - Feb 2 with 6449 viewsted_hendrix

I appreciate your 'just back' and thanks for posting it, tells me all I need to know, we seem to be stuck in a mid season malaise at the moment of nothingness on the pitch.
If ever a game had some importance to it its the replay against Portsmouth, lose it and things will get worse, win it and it will surely give us the lift we desperately need, (that's how I see it anyway).

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Just back on 20:27 - Feb 2 with 6450 viewsWatford_Ranger

Always appreciate a “just back” when I wasn’t there.

That’s a few really poor performances in a row rather than the odd mediocre one thrown into the run. We were dire at Sheff U and Pompey too IMO and of course Preston. A bit concerning.

Guess the season is more or less done if we lose Tuesday, which is a shame as there were a lot of positives just a few weeks ago.
Just back on 20:32 - Feb 2 with 6417 viewsJuzzie

How have we gone from a great xmas to such a poor folow on?
Just back on 20:36 - Feb 2 with 6383 viewskensalriser

What's that, two points from five games now? Including defeats to teams well below us. We appear to have lost some wheels.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Just back on 20:38 - Feb 2 with 6371 viewsmylot50years

Maybe someone within the club could ask the team to put in just half the effort many of us put in driving up there due to the weather conditions and all that. Absolutely pathetic for the first eighty minutes, a long way to go for 14 minutes of football.
Just back on 20:46 - Feb 2 with 6333 viewsParkRoyalR

We have been playing these last 4 / 5 games with 10 men as Wzolek has been completely hiding. If someone is abject or woeful it infers they have tried and played poorly. Offensively offering nothing, defensively poor, McClaren now taking him off at Half Time which says it all. McClaren is wary of playing the youngsters but I am confident even he has run out of giving him chances to turn up. Absolute bottlejob.
Just back on 21:28 - Feb 2 with 6132 viewsTacticalR

It looks like we are happier sitting back and counter-attacking, so don't look too good when we have a lot of possession and have to create something against teams below us. There was a lack of quality in general plus a lack of threat up front in particular. Eze was carrying some sort of injury and didn't look himself.

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

Just back on 21:44 - Feb 2 with 6031 viewsstevec

We were a bottom three side before the loan signings and a bottom three side when the loans are injured.
Just back on 21:49 - Feb 2 with 6013 viewsbosh67

Eze needs a break. He is limping around at times. I don't think Woz is fully fit either. This is the problem of letting players like Smyth and Chair go.

For me the problem is that we have a rigid narrow formation and we play on the counter. It has worked but it is equally easy to work out. And we have been found out. The problem is we don't really have a plan B or more importantly a way to change the formation to be wider or even more direct.

Once you know how we play you just come at us, quickly before we get a foot hold. If you score we are then forced to come out and then we get caught. More managers are understanding this.

A Derby friend said their seasons unravelled under McClaren because he played a certain way and once that got found out, about this time in the season, it started to fall apart. Hopefully he can change things around and give us a new second formation that will counter teams that think they have our number.

I am starting to see it on the player's faces when they go behind. How do we change this? What do we do now?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Just back on 21:53 - Feb 2 with 5983 viewsManinBlack

We have been stuck on 39 points for a whole month. I know I said we need another 14 points to be safe a few weeks back but that was meant to be tongue in cheek. I do hope I haven't tempted fate and we are experiencing a second half of the season collapse.

In the absence of a rational explanation for our zero league wins in 2019 I will blame Fiona Bruce as you will notice since she started Question Time we haven't looked like winning any game. 😳😙
Just back on 21:53 - Feb 2 with 5982 viewsenfieldargh

My view

1. Lumley obviously under instructions to roll the ball out to whichever Iniesta skilled defender/midfield player we have who can turn and pick out a team mate. All that happens is
A. Ball gets played along the back before the slightest presence of an opposition player approaches so then given back to Lumley to hoof it up field or out for a throw in
B. Qpr player trips over his own shadow and we almost loose the ball.

Today I dont recall Lumley having to do very much apart from pick the ball out of the net twice and pushing a tame shot over the bar.

2. Defenders

Today Furlong left his socks alone but put in a dreadful first half performance(sorry not only Furlong all of them), unable to pick a simple pass and continue to go backwards instead of trying to get forward.

Bidwell one of our better performers although it was his wild kick in the first minute that set the tone of misplaced passes and ineptitude.

Leistener I thought was not his normal commanding self and am not sure if it was a missed attempt at clearing that allowed Leon Clarke who did nothing all day to score their second.

Lynch made a couple of horror passes but Wigan were so awful they couldnt make anything of them.

Glad Nick Powell wasnt out there for them it would have been carnage.

Midfield.

for much of the first half it was short pass , over hit pass, totally useless pass.

Mass did grow into the game and was our only player who didnt misplace too many passes. Scowen was awful and Freeman 7 or 8 touches when 2 or 3 were all that was needed.

Pav worked hard but can only think he picked up an injury and was replaced at half time.

Bright looked devoid of any ideas and struggled to get round his man.

Wells looked lethargic from the off. He was clean thru 1 on 1 with the keeper but looked like a hippo going in on goal and the not the pacey forward he started off as with us. His passing of late is awful.

Eze sadly is not the Messiah and he's not even a naughty boy. Today he was woeful.

Matt Smith

We started to look a different team when Matt came on, he really made a difference to our attack and unnerved their defence which boosted our players.

apparently we had 19 or more shots on goal to their 4/5?.

Lumley 5
Furlong 4
Bidwell 5
Lynch 6
Leistener 5
Scowen 4
Luongo 6
Freeman 5
Pav 4
Wells 3
Eze 2

Smith 6
Manning 4

Considering Wigan Warriors play Rugby league there, the pitch looked in really go nick.

Ref was a complete plank.

Our fans made up for the crap on display with

Weve got the ball weve got the ball
Weve lost the ball weve lost the ball
Weve scored a goal

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Just back on 22:17 - Feb 2 with 5870 viewsCiderwithRsie

Just want to add to the appreciation of "just back" threads. I think there's still stuff you see which you can't on screen (and vice versa, a bit) and anyway there's something about the "feel" of the game that you have to be there for.
Just back on 22:19 - Feb 2 with 5866 viewsParkRoyalR

I can think of a dozen things Eze did in that game, including admittedly two poor inside passes (which if they had been better executed would have put our players through on goal) I cannot think of a single thing Wzolek did, either good or bad. How Wzolek scores a 4 when someone just back from injury and heavily strapped always shows for the ball and never hid score a 2?! Let's just blame Lynch, Cousins and the usual and ignore the fact Wzolek is stealing a wage and Leinster has been a worry since WBA. Lynch's passing changed the last 15 today and yet gets called out for two horror passes?! If they were more worthy of note that Leistners one in last 10 they must have been something.
Just back on 22:49 - Feb 2 with 5718 viewsfournil

I was there.
I live in Leeds so this season I’ve been to Preston, Rotherham and now Wigan. As per usual they let me down. I only get to away matches and maybe 1 home game a season and every time I get to watch them I get all optimistic and every time they fail to turn up. Am sick of it.
My 8 year old has now witnessed Forest away last season (4-0), Middlesbrough at home (0-4), Preston away (1-0) and now another loss at Wigan. At least they scored this time.
My 11 year old has only ever seen them win once in 5 years!!! of going with me (play off final). How he still wears his top with pride amongst all his Leeds mates is beyond me.

As for today’s game, Wigan were dire and there for the taking. We just needed to be braver, to not try to pass the ball immediately. To get our heads up and drive forward but everything was too pressured. We spent too long dicking around at the back which is fine if you can switch it and expose the space but every time we just ended up losing it or kicking it straight out.
Smith coming on made a real difference and once we got the goal it was like watching a different team.
Bad as they were the opposition always have a couple of players that stand out and look a different class, today it as there right back (2) and centre mid (12). Both had proper games.
Just back on 23:34 - Feb 2 with 5566 viewsngbqpr

Just back on 21:44 - Feb 2 by stevec

We were a bottom three side before the loan signings and a bottom three side when the loans are injured.

Not excusing recent performances, but I don't recall you saying this after the Forest, Boro or Villa games

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Just back on 04:40 - Feb 3 with 5272 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Thanks for the information

I've just watched the highlights and our defending looked awful especially for the 2 goals. Central defenders look poor.

I think a few players need to be dropped once we get the injured players back

Loaning out so many players mean our options on the bench and to come in are less.

Clearly we have been missing what Luongo, Cameron, Rangel and even Hemed have brought to the team.

We need these players back to freshen things up. Yes I know Luongo was back for the game yesterday.

Hope we can bounce back and beat Pompey and Birmingham

U R's
Just back on 07:59 - Feb 3 with 5091 viewsDixie_CT

Lynch plays a part in both goals we concede. First one he should drop off and let Toni go and win the header. Second one he should be communicating to BFG to leave the ball as he must see that Leinster is on the stretch and Joel could clear it out with his right foot.

Second one is a bit of a tenuous criticism as it happened so fast and the ball landed in the best possible spot for scarecrow Clarke to score.

I would like to see Cameron at CB in place of Lynch with Manning and Mass at CM. Think Bright should now be starting ahead of Pav for a bit, starting on Tuesday v Pompey.

I thought Wigan actually moved the ball quite well and were braver and more progressive in their passing. Reece James was the best player on the park by some way.
Just back on 08:30 - Feb 3 with 5013 viewsBlackCrowe

Just back on 21:28 - Feb 2 by TacticalR

It looks like we are happier sitting back and counter-attacking, so don't look too good when we have a lot of possession and have to create something against teams below us. There was a lack of quality in general plus a lack of threat up front in particular. Eze was carrying some sort of injury and didn't look himself.

I think it's this. We look a very well set-up team when we suck up pressure, have inferior possession and then break. We look a bit toothless when we're playing teams of similar set up.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Just back on 09:17 - Feb 3 with 4865 viewsParkRoyalR

Just back on 07:59 - Feb 3 by Dixie_CT

Lynch plays a part in both goals we concede. First one he should drop off and let Toni go and win the header. Second one he should be communicating to BFG to leave the ball as he must see that Leinster is on the stretch and Joel could clear it out with his right foot.

Second one is a bit of a tenuous criticism as it happened so fast and the ball landed in the best possible spot for scarecrow Clarke to score.

I would like to see Cameron at CB in place of Lynch with Manning and Mass at CM. Think Bright should now be starting ahead of Pav for a bit, starting on Tuesday v Pompey.

I thought Wigan actually moved the ball quite well and were braver and more progressive in their passing. Reece James was the best player on the park by some way.

McClaren took some huge risks first few games of season and the one difficult to change is the captaincy. I might be 1 of 1 on this board who would argue Leinster's obvious weaknesses have been covered in large part by Lynch's excellent form this season and Lumley commanding edge of area and being so vocal. Agree Lynch looks more at fault for 1st but blaming him for the 2nd was like the poster earlier in the season who said he heard Lynch tell Leinster to 'leave it' when he had habit of let ball bounce rather than clear it with his head.
Just back on 09:55 - Feb 3 with 4731 viewstoboboly

I presume you are referring to me.

Having watched the highlights the first goal is a defensive fck up of which Lynch is heavily involved. The second goal reminds me of his own goal at pompey, he can’t use his right foot and should have covered for leistners touch.

Also there is a chance in the first half where he allows a second ball to be volleyed back in by the Wigan player under absolutely no pressure.

I won’t claim that the rest of defenders are amazing but Lynch is terrible.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Just back on 12:38 - Feb 3 with 4452 viewsParkRoyalR

Just back on 09:55 - Feb 3 by toboboly

I presume you are referring to me.

Having watched the highlights the first goal is a defensive fck up of which Lynch is heavily involved. The second goal reminds me of his own goal at pompey, he can’t use his right foot and should have covered for leistners touch.

Also there is a chance in the first half where he allows a second ball to be volleyed back in by the Wigan player under absolutely no pressure.

I won’t claim that the rest of defenders are amazing but Lynch is terrible.

You think Lynch should have read and covered for Leistners miscue? Should Bidwell have too. Lynch got his body shape all wrong at Pompey, coincidentally covering for another Leistner error. Lots of fans on this Forum don't rate Lynch but were probably equally surprised than Onouha had no takers despite being a free agent. He can't use his right foot? His left foot was our main creative option in last 15 yesterday, in a team not gifted with two footed attacking players. Let's agree to differ on Lynch as I think 2 or 3 games where's he's been average, otherwise been outstanding.
Just back on 00:01 - Feb 4 with 4116 viewsdaveB

Just back on 21:44 - Feb 2 by stevec

not really true, Wells is still playing, Hemed has hardly played since October and we've been fine without him. We miss Cameron but were winning games without him not so long ago
Just back on 00:14 - Feb 4 with 4107 viewsPunteR

Just back on 00:01 - Feb 4 by daveB

not really true, Wells is still playing, Hemed has hardly played since October and we've been fine without him. We miss Cameron but were winning games without him not so long ago

Something is not right now though. Is Rangel still here?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Just back on 08:01 - Feb 4 with 3915 viewsjonno

Just back on 00:01 - Feb 4 by daveB

Agree, I think we managed to cope for a while without Cameron, but losing Luongo as well was the crucial factor. Cousins unfortunately has not been good enough to step up, Manning is still inexperienced and Scowen is not the same player this season for some reason. Eze has also been pretty poor after looking very good initially. We just can't keep possession for any length of time and this eventually puts the defence under too much pressure.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024