Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? 14:27 - Feb 5 with 27046 viewsrunningman75

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/qpr/joel-lynch-qprs-future-is-bright-a

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 08:04 - Feb 21 with 2282 viewsTheChef

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 21:59 - Feb 20 by StreathamRanger

Furlong I think said in that recent interview that he sees himself as a right back but I think he has everything he needs to be a top centre back. Perfect foil for Toni as he's got a bit of pace to cover.
Perhaps Cousins at right back but he's been doing well in the middle so would be a shame to move him somewhere he'll be less effective.
And I agree about Lumley. He was a lucky keeper with a knack for keeping clean sheets earlier in the season with a big mouth on him. That kick in the face has knocked him right back. A real shame.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2019 22:02]

The team that won at Forest had Leistner and Furlong as CBs with Cousins at RB. And of course Kakay can play there too.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/spielbericht/index/spielbericht/3053969

I'd be tempted to go with that team on Saturday, probably with Bright in place of Freeman.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 08:17 - Feb 21 with 2267 viewsheadhoops

Its a big no from me - our left side of defence is a shambles - neither Bidwell nor Lynch would be in my plans for next year. Move Darnell to CB and give places to Manning and Cousins for the rest of the season. Hall could also play RB.

Lynch has been coasting for far too long.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 09:33 - Feb 21 with 2212 viewsterryb

Of course Lynch should have received a shout, but he didn't need one!

If he couldn't read that situation & know that no Albion players were near him, then he can't read the game at all!
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 10:14 - Feb 21 with 2178 viewsNorthernr

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 09:33 - Feb 21 by terryb

Of course Lynch should have received a shout, but he didn't need one!

If he couldn't read that situation & know that no Albion players were near him, then he can't read the game at all!

What shout exactly did he need there, all on his own, with no opposition near him? "Don't head it to Murphy you stupid bollox"?
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 10:22 - Feb 21 with 2167 viewsHarbour

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 10:14 - Feb 21 by Northernr

What shout exactly did he need there, all on his own, with no opposition near him? "Don't head it to Murphy you stupid bollox"?

Yes chest the ball look up pass it to player in blue and white....not difficult...Not just Lynch who just heads the ball without thinking or seeing where it will land. Our passing and possession of the ball has been poor for some time. Grant Hall when fit seems to be able to look up and pick a pass..
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 10:26 - Feb 21 with 2163 viewsted_hendrix

I've just received an email from the Knights Who Say "Ni!", they are saying No.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 13:10 - Feb 21 with 2097 viewsterryb

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 10:14 - Feb 21 by Northernr

I agree with you.

I would have expected Lumlery to shout to him to leave the ball even though there should have been no need to.

I also expect that Lumley DID shout to him to leave it!
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 19:04 - Feb 21 with 2021 viewsWatford_Ranger

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 13:10 - Feb 21 by terryb

I agree with you.

I would have expected Lumlery to shout to him to leave the ball even though there should have been no need to.

I also expect that Lumley DID shout to him to leave it!

At Sunday league level I doubt I’d have bothered in that situation given it was that obvious. It was honestly one of the single worst bits of defending I’ve ever seen from this football team and we’ve had Chris Barker.
Login to get fewer ads

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 19:31 - Feb 21 with 1992 viewsloftboy

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 19:04 - Feb 21 by Watford_Ranger

At Sunday league level I doubt I’d have bothered in that situation given it was that obvious. It was honestly one of the single worst bits of defending I’ve ever seen from this football team and we’ve had Chris Barker.

As I said on another thread it was on par with caulkers abomination at Hull a few seasons back.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 19:32 - Feb 21 with 1991 viewsNed_Kennedys

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 19:04 - Feb 21 by Watford_Ranger

Watch Nedum Onuoha much?
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 19:42 - Feb 21 with 1971 viewsWatford_Ranger

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 19:31 - Feb 21 by loftboy

As I said on another thread it was on par with caulkers abomination at Hull a few seasons back.

You’ve reminded me of that whole game now.
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 19:43 - Feb 21 with 1968 viewsWatford_Ranger

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 19:32 - Feb 21 by Ned_Kennedys

Watch Nedum Onuoha much?

Yes. Do you consider Onuoha to have been worse, lazier or more error-prone than Lynch?
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 19:46 - Feb 21 with 1955 viewsNed_Kennedys

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 19:43 - Feb 21 by Watford_Ranger

Yes. Do you consider Onuoha to have been worse, lazier or more error-prone than Lynch?

Yes I certainly consider Ned as worse and more error prone than Lynch. I don't consider either are lazy though.
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 19:49 - Feb 21 with 1952 viewsWatford_Ranger

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 19:46 - Feb 21 by Ned_Kennedys

Yes I certainly consider Ned as worse and more error prone than Lynch. I don't consider either are lazy though.

Then I suggest an optician.
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 19:57 - Feb 21 with 1940 viewsNed_Kennedys

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 19:49 - Feb 21 by Watford_Ranger

Then I suggest an optician.

I suggest you try some techniques to improve your memory.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2019 20:13]
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 20:01 - Feb 21 with 1927 viewsWatford_Ranger

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 19:57 - Feb 21 by Ned_Kennedys

I suggest you try some techniques to improve your memory.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2019 20:13]

As long as I don’t forget what I’m typing halfway through a sentence I’m happy enough, chief.
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 10:39 - Feb 22 with 1752 viewsgazza1

The 'chief' made plenty of errors, yes plenty of them.....I saw many of them. What club is Nedum at now?? Who is better, Lynch or Nedum, is debateable.....both have their good and bad. Both are/were playing in the Championship because they both make errors and that is why they play at QPR .

In answer to the first question......yes I would give Lynch another contract providing the price is right. I would suggest 'the chief' left because the price was not right and not comparable to the circa £40k per week his previous contract paid.
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 13:35 - Feb 22 with 1684 viewsridethewave

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 10:39 - Feb 22 by gazza1

The 'chief' made plenty of errors, yes plenty of them.....I saw many of them. What club is Nedum at now?? Who is better, Lynch or Nedum, is debateable.....both have their good and bad. Both are/were playing in the Championship because they both make errors and that is why they play at QPR .

In answer to the first question......yes I would give Lynch another contract providing the price is right. I would suggest 'the chief' left because the price was not right and not comparable to the circa £40k per week his previous contract paid.

It isn't debatable, Ned was a far superior defender. Ned was, for the most part, reliable and safe, and often quick enough to recover from any errors. Liability Lynch is none of those things.

As for giving him a new contract, I would suggest he is everything we don;t need/want at this club right now. Overpaid, bad attitude, too injury-prone, constantly blaming others around him (particularly Bidwell) for his own mistakes, and generally a terrible defender who at any moment can cost you a game. No thank you.
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 13:50 - Feb 22 with 1663 viewsWestbourneR

They're right. It's not debatable.

Much like Wells vs Austin is simply not debatable.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 14:02 - Feb 22 with 1648 viewsR_from_afar

Some research suggests - sigh - that Nedum may have been on as much as £55k a week. Crazy money.

I think we need to let Lynch go. I think that whilst he has had some good games this season, the Christmas/New Year holiday thing is a major issue. He hogs a place while he can be bothered, then puts his feet up on his annual break while we scratch around trying to get someone match fit and in form overnight. That sort of attitude is not on.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 14:02 - Feb 22 with 1647 viewsgazza1

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 13:35 - Feb 22 by ridethewave

It isn't debatable, Ned was a far superior defender. Ned was, for the most part, reliable and safe, and often quick enough to recover from any errors. Liability Lynch is none of those things.

As for giving him a new contract, I would suggest he is everything we don;t need/want at this club right now. Overpaid, bad attitude, too injury-prone, constantly blaming others around him (particularly Bidwell) for his own mistakes, and generally a terrible defender who at any moment can cost you a game. No thank you.

Short memory indeed, Nedum made plenty of errors, even last season. Great attitude though!!!

Wells is not a Premiership attacker, hence why he is here and Austin is 'just' a Premiership player, hence why he is also not here.
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 16:12 - Feb 22 with 1582 viewsHunterhoop

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 14:02 - Feb 22 by R_from_afar

Some research suggests - sigh - that Nedum may have been on as much as £55k a week. Crazy money.

I think we need to let Lynch go. I think that whilst he has had some good games this season, the Christmas/New Year holiday thing is a major issue. He hogs a place while he can be bothered, then puts his feet up on his annual break while we scratch around trying to get someone match fit and in form overnight. That sort of attitude is not on.

RFA

Perhaps when he joined. But after we were relegated we renewed his contract on a widely reported 50% pay cut. Still a lot of money but nothing like what’s being bandied about on here.
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 16:32 - Feb 22 with 1559 viewsextratimeR

Someone on here posted something like:

" that's one of the worst defensive mistakes I've ever seen down here"

It was - he's a professional footballer for Christ's sake- pub footballer, no problem, hangover, nothing to eat since the "chicken in a basket last night" and the doors opens at 12.00

I really don't believe he cares any more.
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 00:51 - Feb 23 with 1456 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I'm on the fence about Lynch as a player to be honest, but there is something about him that gets on my tits but can't put my finger on it.

Maybe it's because he looks like a 18 - 30 holiday rep.
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 16:59 - Mar 30 with 1190 viewsHunterhoop

Well... after that utter pile of steaming sh*t from Joel, I though this deserved another bump.

I’d cancel his contract now to make a point. Pay him the remainder of it, take the hit and get rid.

His stupid fouling, lazy marking and awful play on the ball was a disgrace today.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024