Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? 14:27 - Feb 5 with 27071 viewsrunningman75

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/qpr/joel-lynch-qprs-future-is-bright-a

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 19:49 - Feb 5 with 2290 viewsLatticeR

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 14:47 - Feb 5 by Northernr

I would lean towards no. Wrong side of 30, injury prone, accident prone. I'm also not a big fan of players that suddenly up their game, effort and fitness after several years of crap just as their contract is about to end - Matthew Rose strung us along like that for the best part of ten years.

But it depends on what we think we could replace him with on the budget we have to work with.

Totally agree ...this decision should be based on his period with us to date and not just the last 7 months.Personally its a no...BFG and Furlong as first choice CB's next season if Grant Hall can't make the step up to first team football on a regular basis
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 21:48 - Feb 5 with 2259 viewsderbyhoop

I'd say yes, unless we have a decent, younger replacement lined up. Unconvinced by any CB from U23s

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 22:37 - Feb 5 with 2190 viewsParkRoyalR

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 18:29 - Feb 5 by VancouverHoop

If it's working central defence is the last place you should mess about with. On balance Leistner and Lynch have a decent partnership. Yes they're slow, but I don't think age is much of a problem in that position. If he can be signed for reasonable money we should do it, but we do need to prepare a potential replacement, whether it's Furlong moving over or someone else.

Lynch is not slow, is an excellent passer, brave, and has been outstanding this year.
Unfortunately a bit of a pantomime villain on this forum and rarely gets the credit he's due.
Playing with Bidwell who rarely gets tight to his winger and closes down crosses and Liestner who is very suspect, so it's is imperative we offer him a new contract. If we don't, unlike Onuoha, there will be takers.
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 23:43 - Feb 5 with 2113 viewsHunterhoop

No. We can sign better for the same or less. He’s not good enough to help the club improve.
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 23:47 - Feb 5 with 2100 viewsMancR

Onuoha was hardly snowed under with offers. Wanted too much money and ended up in the states.
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 23:53 - Feb 5 with 2080 viewsHunterhoop

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 22:37 - Feb 5 by ParkRoyalR

Lynch is not slow, is an excellent passer, brave, and has been outstanding this year.
Unfortunately a bit of a pantomime villain on this forum and rarely gets the credit he's due.
Playing with Bidwell who rarely gets tight to his winger and closes down crosses and Liestner who is very suspect, so it's is imperative we offer him a new contract. If we don't, unlike Onuoha, there will be takers.

Excellent passer? Are you blind? Or blind drunk?!
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 23:53 - Feb 5 with 2080 viewsdavman

Assuming Hall is going due to HIS injury record, I'd say keep Lynch for a couple more seasons. We need to keep the nucleus of the team together and can't imo rip up and start again.

As to those calling for Furlong to be at CB, all you are doing is moving the position we are short - RB? Maybe one more year for Rangel if he wants it, but long term?

... Anyway, nothing stopping us from getting rid of Hall and signing another CB who could challenge Lynch for a first team place....

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 23:53 - Feb 5 with 2077 viewsWatford_Ranger

Furlong first choice CB next season for me. Kakay or A.N. Other at RB.

Goodbye Joel. I would say thanks for the memories but nah.
Login to get fewer ads

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 00:49 - Feb 6 with 2040 viewsPunteR

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 23:53 - Feb 5 by Watford_Ranger

Furlong first choice CB next season for me. Kakay or A.N. Other at RB.

Goodbye Joel. I would say thanks for the memories but nah.

What makes you think Furlong should be first choice CB next season.?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 06:08 - Feb 6 with 1979 viewsWatford_Ranger

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 00:49 - Feb 6 by PunteR

What makes you think Furlong should be first choice CB next season.?

He’s a good centre-back.
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 07:19 - Feb 6 with 1933 viewsPunteR

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 06:08 - Feb 6 by Watford_Ranger

He’s a good centre-back.

Fair enough. I havnt seen him play there, maybe once or twice, can't really remember.

I still see Furlong as fairly wet behind the ears. Has he even done a full season at RB?
[Post edited 6 Feb 2019 7:48]

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 08:30 - Feb 6 with 1879 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 07:19 - Feb 6 by PunteR

Fair enough. I havnt seen him play there, maybe once or twice, can't really remember.

I still see Furlong as fairly wet behind the ears. Has he even done a full season at RB?
[Post edited 6 Feb 2019 7:48]

So do I, but Soccerbase says he's 23 and has 100 league appearances!

If he's not our first team RB now he'll never be.
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 09:04 - Feb 6 with 1867 viewstoboboly

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 23:53 - Feb 5 by Hunterhoop

Excellent passer? Are you blind? Or blind drunk?!

I think they may be related.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 09:30 - Feb 6 with 1837 viewsterryb

I certainly don't think we could afford to offer new contracts to all of Lynch, Hall & Bidwell.

Six months ago I wouldn't have considered keeping Bidwell, but Jake is now a far better player than he had previously showed us. Now, he would be ny first choice to try to keep.

Could we afford to lose Lynch & Hall? I'm not sure we could recruit replacements at a price we could afford. If Hall has fully recovered from his injuries/illness I think I would be tempted to make him the priority of the two.

However, the player with the lowest wage might well be the club's choice!
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 09:30 - Feb 6 with 1839 viewsWestbourneR

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 09:04 - Feb 6 by toboboly

I think they may be related.

'Excellent passer' might be a bit strong but I do think he's a decent ball playing CB at this level. His straight line speed also isn't bad.

Someone on this thread said 'it's not a matter of letting him go on a free' but that is exactly what it is. If you let his contract run down and you need to replace him but have no money they you need to sign someone as good on a free as replacement. I don't think that's easy, possible perhaps, but not certain.

Otherwise you'd have to say sign a lower leagues centre back for £250k and hope his lower wages vs Lynch's save the quarter million back.

Again a punt - and you don't get much for £250k anymore even in the lower leagues.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 09:38 - Feb 6 with 1827 viewsPunteR

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 09:30 - Feb 6 by WestbourneR

'Excellent passer' might be a bit strong but I do think he's a decent ball playing CB at this level. His straight line speed also isn't bad.

Someone on this thread said 'it's not a matter of letting him go on a free' but that is exactly what it is. If you let his contract run down and you need to replace him but have no money they you need to sign someone as good on a free as replacement. I don't think that's easy, possible perhaps, but not certain.

Otherwise you'd have to say sign a lower leagues centre back for £250k and hope his lower wages vs Lynch's save the quarter million back.

Again a punt - and you don't get much for £250k anymore even in the lower leagues.

I do think there's an element of getting new blood in for the sake of it. We're hardly going to get the next Maldini.
There's obviously better CB but they are going to cost more. I would be more concerned about whos going to replace Wells next season.

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 09:40 - Feb 6 with 1823 viewsPunteR

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 08:30 - Feb 6 by BazzaInTheLoft

So do I, but Soccerbase says he's 23 and has 100 league appearances!

If he's not our first team RB now he'll never be.

CB though. ?

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 10:59 - Feb 6 with 1750 viewsTheChef

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 14:47 - Feb 5 by Northernr

I would lean towards no. Wrong side of 30, injury prone, accident prone. I'm also not a big fan of players that suddenly up their game, effort and fitness after several years of crap just as their contract is about to end - Matthew Rose strung us along like that for the best part of ten years.

But it depends on what we think we could replace him with on the budget we have to work with.

Agreed.

Also curious to know what wage he's on, and if we could offer (or would he accept) the same.

Anyway isn't it time the likes of Giles Phillips were stepping up? Is he not even close to making a first team appearance?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 11:05 - Feb 6 with 1735 viewsTheChef

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 18:29 - Feb 5 by VancouverHoop

If it's working central defence is the last place you should mess about with. On balance Leistner and Lynch have a decent partnership. Yes they're slow, but I don't think age is much of a problem in that position. If he can be signed for reasonable money we should do it, but we do need to prepare a potential replacement, whether it's Furlong moving over or someone else.

I would argue that Leistner and Lynch had a decent partnership when they had Cameron and Luongo in front of them.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 12:03 - Feb 6 with 1685 viewssimmo

Not for me... Never rated him that much, certainly not as much as he rates himself, he will def be among our top earners too. I'd expect we can sign a replacement for a lot less a week and if they're from a lower league, swallow the learning curve for a bit. I know CB was a priority in terms of signing/scouting last summer so you'd hope there's a couple nearing end of contracts that we are monitoring.

Of course there is also the option of permanently moving Furs inside and then looking for a RB instead...

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 12:24 - Feb 6 with 1664 viewsoldmisery

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 10:59 - Feb 6 by TheChef

Agreed.

Also curious to know what wage he's on, and if we could offer (or would he accept) the same.

Anyway isn't it time the likes of Giles Phillips were stepping up? Is he not even close to making a first team appearance?

Phillips (and Hamalainen) are going on loan to the USA later this month. Given his age/relative lack of progress, I wonder if he may be off loaded permanently.
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 12:54 - Feb 6 with 1646 viewsPetros

The very deft footwork for our all-important first goal has swung it for me. Yes!
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 15:09 - Feb 6 with 1593 viewsParkRoyalR

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 15:26 - Feb 5 by Northernr

A "good Championship centre back" would be a significant improvement.
To replace Lynch we'd only need to be able to afford a mediocre one prone to brain farts at key moments in games.

Mediocre, prone to brain farts at key moments in games, I think Leistner ticks both those boxes.
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 15:20 - Feb 6 with 1560 viewsWestbourneR

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 15:09 - Feb 6 by ParkRoyalR

Mediocre, prone to brain farts at key moments in games, I think Leistner ticks both those boxes.

I'm with you ParkRoyal I don't think Leistner is all that much better than Lynch.

They're both moderately good with some qualities.

Leistner however is definitely slow.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 15:39 - Feb 6 with 1530 viewsNorthernr

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 15:09 - Feb 6 by ParkRoyalR

But he's not out of contract so it's pretty irrelevant to this discussion.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024