Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? 14:27 - Feb 5 with 26814 viewsrunningman75

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/qpr/joel-lynch-qprs-future-is-bright-a

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 15:57 - Feb 6 with 2312 viewsParkRoyalR

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 15:20 - Feb 6 by WestbourneR

I'm with you ParkRoyal I don't think Leistner is all that much better than Lynch.

They're both moderately good with some qualities.

Leistner however is definitely slow.

Careful Westbourne, being an R's fan and rating Lynch on this forum can feel a bit like the gay lad who couldn't come out as a Tory at University.
I actually think Lynch is a better player than Leistner in every department, I accept Leistner needs more time but concerned about his positional play and last time I saw a Centre Half this slow in the Championship was at Burton when Washington beat their Centre Half for pace and scored.
Unlike some I can't comment on Lynch's character and his apparent high opinion of himself, but when I've spoken to him briefly he's been sound.
Also seems to be a real team player as always congratulating our goalscorer, even last night celebrating with Wells after he nicked his goal.
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 16:12 - Feb 6 with 2292 viewsParkRoyalR

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 15:39 - Feb 6 by Northernr

But he's not out of contract so it's pretty irrelevant to this discussion.

I'd say Leistner's form and ability is pretty relevant to whether we offer Lynch a new deal?

Alternative to Lynch within current squad is Hall who is injury prone, Baptiste's now out on loan, Cameron currently injured / could be too expensive and Furlong who despite a couple of very promising cameo's at Centre Half this year was fairly weak positionally last season.

If we can afford the wages, I'd like to see a Centre Half / CDM three of Cameron / Lynch / Hall with Furlong and Leistner as backup.
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 16:24 - Feb 6 with 2268 viewsVancouverHoop

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 16:12 - Feb 6 by ParkRoyalR

I'd say Leistner's form and ability is pretty relevant to whether we offer Lynch a new deal?

Alternative to Lynch within current squad is Hall who is injury prone, Baptiste's now out on loan, Cameron currently injured / could be too expensive and Furlong who despite a couple of very promising cameo's at Centre Half this year was fairly weak positionally last season.

If we can afford the wages, I'd like to see a Centre Half / CDM three of Cameron / Lynch / Hall with Furlong and Leistner as backup.

I'm assuming that Cameron, like Wells, would be too expensive or unavailable. He's still Stoke's player after all, and given their mediocrity this season they may well want him back.
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 16:32 - Feb 6 with 2258 viewsAntti_Heinola

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 16:24 - Feb 6 by VancouverHoop

I'm assuming that Cameron, like Wells, would be too expensive or unavailable. He's still Stoke's player after all, and given their mediocrity this season they may well want him back.

think he's out of contract? doubt he'll be returning, but new manager so things could change.

Bare bones.

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 16:45 - Feb 6 with 2239 viewsVancouverHoop

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 16:32 - Feb 6 by Antti_Heinola

think he's out of contract? doubt he'll be returning, but new manager so things could change.

You're right. It appears he's a free agent in May. He'd find an MLS club with no trouble, so it probably depends on money, as usual.
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 16:58 - Feb 6 with 2214 viewssimmo

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 15:09 - Feb 6 by ParkRoyalR

Mediocre, prone to brain farts at key moments in games, I think Leistner ticks both those boxes.

I'm not sure it really matters as he's not the person out of contract that we need to make a decision on, but even though he's playing at a new club, in a new league, in a new country, Leistner is far better than Lynch and much more consistent.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 17:25 - Feb 6 with 2184 viewsParkRoyalR

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 16:58 - Feb 6 by simmo

I'm not sure it really matters as he's not the person out of contract that we need to make a decision on, but even though he's playing at a new club, in a new league, in a new country, Leistner is far better than Lynch and much more consistent.

Strange he was dropped then,

And we were defensively very good last night in his absence,

And Lynch turned a mis-directed header from Smith into our break through 1st goal with a fairly adept turn for a slow, clumsy Centre Half,.

Lets agree to disagree.
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 17:42 - Feb 6 with 2158 viewssimmo

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 17:25 - Feb 6 by ParkRoyalR

And Lynch turned a mis-directed header from Smith into our break through 1st goal with a fairly adept turn for a slow, clumsy Centre Half,.

Lets agree to disagree.

Let's.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Login to get fewer ads

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 03:20 - Feb 7 with 2014 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Difficult one as Lynch has definitely improved this season but it does smell suspiciously like Matthew Rose syndrome. From the article he appears keen but as ever it'll depend on finances and options. IMHO he merits a deal on the basis that he will be cover next season provided we can offload Baptiste but I would not be at all surprised if the club saw an easy opportunity to cut its cloth.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2019 3:22]
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 07:13 - Feb 7 with 1978 viewstimcocking

He's had good games and some indifferent games. We could do better, we could do worse. I'd need to know about the salaries involved. Wouldn't be losing any sleep either way.
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 09:01 - Feb 7 with 1957 viewsJordanFoster

I don't rate Lynch particularly but I would much rather offer him a new contract over Pav - especially when there will be such a reliance on youngsters next year. Having at least a settled & experience back 4 (assumption that Bidwell will get offered another deal) would make it a far easier period IMO.
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 15:22 - Feb 9 with 1863 viewsHunterhoop

Joel Lynch there, anyone. ParkRanger?

Fcking awful piece of play.
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 15:25 - Feb 9 with 1860 viewsWatford_Ranger

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 09:01 - Feb 7 by JordanFoster

I don't rate Lynch particularly but I would much rather offer him a new contract over Pav - especially when there will be such a reliance on youngsters next year. Having at least a settled & experience back 4 (assumption that Bidwell will get offered another deal) would make it a far easier period IMO.

Not sure his is the sort of experience we need somehow.
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 21:55 - Feb 9 with 1740 viewstoboboly

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 17:25 - Feb 6 by ParkRoyalR

Lets agree to disagree.

Seriously...you are either him or his mum right?

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 23:06 - Feb 9 with 1687 viewsHunterhoop

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 21:55 - Feb 9 by toboboly

Seriously...you are either him or his mum right?

Indeed. Would like to hear his thoughts on Lynch’s atrocious performance today compared to Toni’s composed and controlled performance from when he came on.
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 11:57 - Feb 10 with 1557 viewssmegma

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 16:58 - Feb 6 by simmo

The thing is who do you replace them with ???
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 12:32 - Feb 10 with 1525 viewsThGrimRanger

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 11:57 - Feb 10 by smegma

The thing is who do you replace them with ???

Furlong.

I think he's got the attributes to be a premiership centre-back one day. Quick, tall, composed and a great header of the ball.

always done well when I've seen him play there. Stick Rangel in at right back.

TheGrimRanger

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 12:43 - Feb 10 with 1501 viewsWatford_Ranger

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 12:32 - Feb 10 by ThGrimRanger

Furlong.

I think he's got the attributes to be a premiership centre-back one day. Quick, tall, composed and a great header of the ball.

Agreed. He’s got all the attributes to be a better CB than RB. His crossing is poor which isn’t a problem in the middle. He’s quick, strong, not a disaster on the ball, good in the air and loud.
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 12:44 - Feb 10 with 1499 viewssmegma

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 12:32 - Feb 10 by ThGrimRanger

Furlong.

I was thinking long term. The squad doesn't have the depth at the moment.
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 12:58 - Feb 10 with 1478 viewsoldmisery

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 12:43 - Feb 10 by Watford_Ranger

Agreed. He’s got all the attributes to be a better CB than RB. His crossing is poor which isn’t a problem in the middle. He’s quick, strong, not a disaster on the ball, good in the air and loud.

Trouble is, as he has stated on a number of occasions, he doesn't particularly like playing centre back. He sees himself as a right back and would play in the middle if asked but thinks it's a move that he would prefer to make in the latter stages of his career.
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 13:07 - Feb 10 with 1461 viewsWatford_Ranger

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 12:58 - Feb 10 by oldmisery

Trouble is, as he has stated on a number of occasions, he doesn't particularly like playing centre back. He sees himself as a right back and would play in the middle if asked but thinks it's a move that he would prefer to make in the latter stages of his career.

He’ll like it when it’s pointed out how much Premier League CBs make compared to Championship RBs.
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 13:12 - Feb 10 with 1442 viewsfrancisbowles

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 12:58 - Feb 10 by oldmisery

Where did you see that mate?

I, and maybe a few others on here only really see stuff on this site or elsewhere online, these days, and have never come across those comments.
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 13:27 - Feb 10 with 1422 viewsoldmisery

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 13:12 - Feb 10 by francisbowles

Where did you see that mate?

I, and maybe a few others on here only really see stuff on this site or elsewhere online, these days, and have never come across those comments.

I spoke to him on a number of occasions when he was injured ( I sit, well stand, in the paddocks behind the home dug out) and staff/injured players sit in the adjacent row.
Additionally he reiterated his views on the QPR pod cast about three weeks ago.
In answer to the previous poster, whilst I rate young Mr Furlong as a Championship player, I don't really see him as a Premier League Centre Back, but hey; what do I know.
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 15:55 - Feb 10 with 1370 viewsWestbourneR

After yesterday, my assessment about Lynch is under serious review! The first goal was an embarrassment.

Toni made his point when he came on.

Thing with Lynch is think he’s quite a talented footballer, technically, but he does seem to lack positioning and a real relish for the nitty gritty of CB play

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 16:22 - Feb 10 with 1352 viewsNorthernr

Hmmmmmmm.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024