Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? 14:27 - Feb 5 with 26816 viewsrunningman75

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/qpr/joel-lynch-qprs-future-is-bright-a

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 15:16 - Feb 11 with 2770 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 09:50 - Feb 11 by terryb

This is not a defence of Lynch on Saturday, but he wasn't the only player culpable in the first half!

That was the standard Rangers performance when we attempt to play 4-4-2. Scowen & Luongo were cut topieces in the middle & received no help from te two wide men. BOS & Freeman were missing as much as the two full backs were from giving Hall & Lynch any cover.

Birmingham cut through our middle at will!

Changing to 3-5-2 at half time gave us more solidity & Lynch improved greatly. So did Hall. Cousins & Luongo also benefitted from Freeman moving inside to make it three contesting that area. It improved further after Pav replaced Lynch & gave us more going forward than Furlong did. Moving Furlong to part of the three also imcreased our pace at the basck.

Any comparison between individuals is not valid IMO) as they were not like for like. 3-5-2 may not work for us in the next match, but it definitely did against Birmingham.

Birningham's 4-4-2 wokred well in the first half (played every match & understood by their players), but it showed it's limitations in the second half.

Agree with your analysis, Terry.

I struggle to recall a game that where a tactical change was so obvious, so needed and so effective.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 15:17 - Feb 11 with 2768 viewsAntti_Heinola

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 11:00 - Feb 11 by jonno

Absolutely agree which is why I have said on this thread he is not worth a new contract. Difficult to believe we couldn't find a better centre back than Lynch even on the reduced wages we will now be offering. As I've said before, he is simply not a Championship level player, makes too many mistakes and gets turned far too easily, not to mention the amount of needless free kicks he gives away in dangerous areas.

I actually think Saturday may cost Lynch an offer from us.
In all the hell that was let loose in the second half I'd forgotten one incident until I read it in Clive's report - Lynch's reckless, uncalled for, violent hip-high challenge for which he was booked. That's not the first time this season either. Liability.

Bare bones.

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 15:35 - Feb 11 with 2717 viewsWatford_Ranger

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 15:17 - Feb 11 by Antti_Heinola

In all the hell that was let loose in the second half I'd forgotten one incident until I read it in Clive's report - Lynch's reckless, uncalled for, violent hip-high challenge for which he was booked. That's not the first time this season either. Liability.

Why schlep to Bristol when you can put your feet up in front of a Champions League game on the box?
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 18:11 - Feb 11 with 2653 viewsextratimeR

Furlong, calm, disciplined, good in the air, and a fine tackler.
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 21:19 - Feb 11 with 2567 viewsjonno

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 15:17 - Feb 11 by Antti_Heinola

Well, exactly. As I say gives away far too many brainless free kicks for my liking. And Brian makes a very good point - we need more pace in that position because we continually sit too deep with both Lynch and Leistner there.
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 12:16 - Feb 12 with 2411 viewssimmo

Not going to be in the 'told you so' camp based on one terrible performance, but I feel that hour of amateur play is more indicative of his time here than the purple patch he's seen this season when he has had a simple job to do and out and out protection from a midfielder in front of him.

The fact he also got booked for a wild lunge and then got injured, is more of what we've seen 1000 times from him. I would say those 2 things and his ability to step up and get turned are the 3 defining memories I will have of Lynch.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 15:52 - Feb 12 with 2358 viewsbosh67

Lynch out tonight with back injury according to some press.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 08:53 - Feb 13 with 2248 viewsDesertBoot

I say no. Bar a purple patch during our good run up to and including Christmas, he's been the average and error-strewn defender I have got used to since he first arrived.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Login to get fewer ads

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 14:23 - Feb 14 with 2155 viewssimmo

Another knock for Lynchy. Wasn't available against Bristol and now doubtful for the game tomorrow.

Fckin boring.

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 19:53 - Feb 14 with 2113 viewsRuislipHoop

No
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 20:44 - Feb 16 with 2013 viewsLazyFan

I stick by what I have said all along. Get rid of him.

We shall have to probably sell Lungo and yesterday although we lost I saw why we needed Mas. From that money we need to buy two CB one of which can cover Bids at LB should he get injured.

Then Manning needs to step up, a tall ask. But we have to hope he can.

Lynch is too old, too nasty to Bids (and if he goes he will turn on others) for his mistakes, too easily done by a tricky forward and too often out of position on the counter. He is quite a good runner with the ball and sometimes can do a nice left foot pass. He also scores the odd goal.

But despite that overall he's not very good, gets injured a lot and is too old. Get rid of him.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 22:57 - Feb 16 with 1921 viewsQPR_Jim

I'm sure we could find cheaper options that are just as good, get rid.
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 21:07 - Feb 19 with 1762 viewsaston_hoop

Again, no.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 21:09 - Feb 19 with 1747 viewshoopsmark

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 21:07 - Feb 19 by aston_hoop

Again, no.

Concur
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 21:10 - Feb 19 with 1733 viewsdodge_stoke_r

No, no and thrice times no!
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 21:11 - Feb 19 with 1731 viewsHunterhoop

So, Lynch an absolute calamity AGAIN.

Leistner been outstanding.

Anyone still think Lynch is better?

Anyone still think Lynch should be starting.

He is a liability defensively.
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 21:11 - Feb 19 with 1728 viewspaulparker

Absolutely not show him the door tonight , he is fcuking pony

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 21:12 - Feb 19 with 1725 viewssimmo

Another Lynch assist for the opposition. Pleased he's decided he can be back from his latest injury in time to create a WBA goal out of nothing - we were in danger of going ahead there.

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 21:48 - Feb 19 with 1686 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 21:12 - Feb 19 by simmo

Another Lynch assist for the opposition. Pleased he's decided he can be back from his latest injury in time to create a WBA goal out of nothing - we were in danger of going ahead there.

No
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 22:20 - Feb 19 with 1587 viewsDoccy24

Just back from game. We had a real chance of winning tonight if young Samuel put it wide of the keeper.

Have said this all year that Lynch is a liability at the back. Much prefer Leistner, although he has the odd wobble. Just silly silly mistakes throughout year from Lynch. Only redeems himself to some extent as he gets the odd goal, but would rather he kept a clean sheet. Hoping Hall and Leistner can work together here, but not much pace between them. Thinking about it though, did Pallister and Bruce have much pace back in the day? Probably not, but had good right/left backs who covered well.
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 22:26 - Feb 19 with 1548 viewsParkRoyalR

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 21:11 - Feb 19 by Hunterhoop

So, Lynch an absolute calamity AGAIN.

Leistner been outstanding.

Anyone still think Lynch is better?

Anyone still think Lynch should be starting.

He is a liability defensively.

Leistner was dropped by McClaren for 3 very poor games and a number of errors, despite being Club Captain, a big call.
Be interesting to see if McClaren choses to drop Lynch on basis of tonight's error, or judges performances over full 90 minutes, including those awayy from home.
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 22:31 - Feb 19 with 1525 viewsHunterhoop

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 22:26 - Feb 19 by ParkRoyalR

Leistner was dropped by McClaren for 3 very poor games and a number of errors, despite being Club Captain, a big call.
Be interesting to see if McClaren choses to drop Lynch on basis of tonight's error, or judges performances over full 90 minutes, including those awayy from home.

And Toni came back for Watford and was superb. Was superb again tonight.

Lynch has been awful the last two games he’s played. 7 goals conceded in 150 mins. Directly involved and at fault for 3.

And I’m judging Lynch in his 3 years here, home and away,...not just 90 mins. The bloke is a liability. He should not be playing as this level.

Let him go. Drop him now. Play Furlong at centre half with Toni (worked at Forest!) and play Kakay at RB...anyone if it means we don’t play Lynch.
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 22:36 - Feb 19 with 1501 viewsWatford_Ranger

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 22:31 - Feb 19 by Hunterhoop

Lynch has been awful the last two games he’s played. 7 goals conceded in 150 mins. Directly involved and at fault for 3.

And I’m judging Lynch in his 3 years here, home and away,...not just 90 mins. The bloke is a liability. He should not be playing as this level.

Let him go. Drop him now. Play Furlong at centre half with Toni (worked at Forest!) and play Kakay at RB...anyone if it means we don’t play Lynch.

Couldn’t agree more. It’s just about acceptable if a player is that awful but a good egg. He has a horrendous attitude and is a dreadful defender. The occasional Hollywood pass doesn’t justify this carthorse any longer. A genuinely abysmal signing throughout 95% of his no doubt expensive tenure.
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 22:39 - Feb 19 with 1488 viewsParkRoyalR

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 22:31 - Feb 19 by Hunterhoop

If you went to West Brom away you wouldn't have picked Leistner for your pub team the next morning. Played well tonight, Watford didn't get past Cousins and Luongo so a quiet night. Lynch was playing well tonight but made a dreadful error as Leistner has done previously. I rate players over 90 minutes not once piece of poor control. McClaren dropped Leistner for a reason and he has responded well, I hope he keeps the level he played tonite till end of the season, we'll need it, see you @ Boro!
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 23:00 - Feb 19 with 1446 viewsLblock

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 22:39 - Feb 19 by ParkRoyalR

If you went to West Brom away you wouldn't have picked Leistner for your pub team the next morning. Played well tonight, Watford didn't get past Cousins and Luongo so a quiet night. Lynch was playing well tonight but made a dreadful error as Leistner has done previously. I rate players over 90 minutes not once piece of poor control. McClaren dropped Leistner for a reason and he has responded well, I hope he keeps the level he played tonite till end of the season, we'll need it, see you @ Boro!

The header was stand out but his game was, as usual, littered with errors
I have been bemoaning the complete lack of organisation we have at the back but with Lynch and Bidwell always at the scene of the crime what do you expect?

Lynch should definitely get a new contract. One that comes with a brown uniform, a name badge for five stars and his own mop.

If him and Bidwell are here next season I’m not sure I will be

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024