Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not good enough 17:52 - Feb 9 with 2301 viewsRANGERS4EVER

We can talk all about the fightback and the spirit, but why should we even be 4-0 down in the first place? Absolutely embarrassing first half. That's now 8 goals conceded at home in 2, 4 league losses in a row, which could easily end up 8 with the opposition left to play .

Yes the comeback was good, but let's be honest Birmingham never got out of 1st gear in the 2nd half.

Worrying. Now we have been a bit sussed out we don't seem to have a plan B

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Not good enough on 17:56 - Feb 9 with 2266 viewsdavman

Too right, a disgrace we were ever in the position to come back from.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Not good enough on 18:07 - Feb 9 with 2191 viewsWatford_Ranger

Surely we have a plan b if we scored three and missed a penalty in response to plan A’s dismal failure.
Not good enough on 18:16 - Feb 9 with 2148 viewsjonno

We have a plan B. That was it today - but in the first half it was executed so poorly. If Smith is playing up front then you simply have to get the ball to his head continually and get players around him. We did not do that first half - when we did in the second half Birmingham could not cope with it. But leaving Leistner out against a physical front two was a massive error by McLaren.
Not good enough on 18:22 - Feb 9 with 2118 viewsbosh67

Many errors today ad the biggest is a team that just doesn't go for other teams at the start. We've seen teams come at us all season first half here and we never used to play like that. We have to be more physical, more at it and when in a bad patch, more direct and just batter teams back into their own area. Conceding 4 is a disgrace at home or any match and although the reaction almost got us the point to be in a position where we have to do that is unacceptable. The team has to be physical, aggressive, attacking and simply direct to get through this patch.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Not good enough on 18:29 - Feb 9 with 2077 viewsAntti_Heinola

The OP here is like today's game in reverse. First half bang on, second half bang off.
As others have said, we clearly did have a plan b today and it worked tremendously well. Dismissing the second half as Brum not getting out of first gear I have to disagree with - they weren't *allowed* to get out of first gear, because, unlike in the first half, we actually competed - we out-fought and out-thought them, as they did to us first half.

Bosh spot on. We have to be up and at them from the start. We take too long to get going in games at the moment and we need to snap out of it and fast. Massive shame we didn;t get what we deserved, which in the end, was, unbelievably, probably a win, let alone a draw, because we will struggle to pick up much in the next few games.

Bare bones.

Not good enough on 18:36 - Feb 9 with 2032 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Not good enough on 18:29 - Feb 9 by Antti_Heinola

The OP here is like today's game in reverse. First half bang on, second half bang off.
As others have said, we clearly did have a plan b today and it worked tremendously well. Dismissing the second half as Brum not getting out of first gear I have to disagree with - they weren't *allowed* to get out of first gear, because, unlike in the first half, we actually competed - we out-fought and out-thought them, as they did to us first half.

Bosh spot on. We have to be up and at them from the start. We take too long to get going in games at the moment and we need to snap out of it and fast. Massive shame we didn;t get what we deserved, which in the end, was, unbelievably, probably a win, let alone a draw, because we will struggle to pick up much in the next few games.

My point of Plan b is that our plan A which was working so well was 4-2-3-1 and allowing pressure on us and then counter has been sussed out, teams were man marking Eze and isolating Wells. Weve tried switching it up and today in first half were caught in two minds. If you play Smith you have to get his head on it yet we were still passing it around the defence without a clue what to do with it.

Birmingham certainly did not play as well 2nd half. Yes we put the pressure on and finally started getting it to Smith but Birmingham were clearly nervous. What do we do now on Tuesday. Who do we play. What's the plan. That's what I mean by it. We can't start the same team but 4-2-3-1 got sussed out as well so where do we go from here

Not good enough on 18:44 - Feb 9 with 1963 viewsjonno

Not good enough on 18:36 - Feb 9 by RANGERS4EVER

My point of Plan b is that our plan A which was working so well was 4-2-3-1 and allowing pressure on us and then counter has been sussed out, teams were man marking Eze and isolating Wells. Weve tried switching it up and today in first half were caught in two minds. If you play Smith you have to get his head on it yet we were still passing it around the defence without a clue what to do with it.

Birmingham certainly did not play as well 2nd half. Yes we put the pressure on and finally started getting it to Smith but Birmingham were clearly nervous. What do we do now on Tuesday. Who do we play. What's the plan. That's what I mean by it. We can't start the same team but 4-2-3-1 got sussed out as well so where do we go from here

Well we need to stick with the new plan. As you say, teams have got wise to the way we were playing. In the second half today we executed the plan correctly; as you say in the first half we had the team for plan B but were still playing like we did with plan A, so the worst of all worlds, hence 0-4 down. The clever thing will be when we are able to actually switch plans during a game......
Not good enough on 18:47 - Feb 9 with 1931 viewscorse

True words from rangers4ever
Login to get fewer ads

Not good enough on 18:50 - Feb 9 with 1905 viewsrsonist

Not good enough on 18:36 - Feb 9 by RANGERS4EVER

All that is exactly what the team were trying to figure out today, in realtime.

Essentially you're throwing a big "not good enough" wobbly here cos we didn't seamlessly solve all our problems first go.

We tried a few things, they failed, we tried a few other things, they were more successful. At the end of the day we're not going up and we're not going down this season - so let them test all the question marks (game-to-game and for next season) and make mistakes as long as we're trying to solve them.
Not good enough on 18:58 - Feb 9 with 1862 viewspaulparker

People would be going mental on here if this was Holloway , yeah we showed guts and threw away a point in the end with the miss pen ( only QPR) but this was Birmingham not Barcalona how the hell you fall 4-0 down in 40 minutes god only knows, make no bones about it we are still not safe and could get sucked in to a relegation scrap if we ain’t careful also our defending is dog sh1t,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Not good enough on 18:59 - Feb 9 with 1857 viewsthame_hoops

One of the most entertaining games I’ve been at in ages, what a 2nd half performance
Not good enough on 20:06 - Feb 9 with 1669 viewsAntti_Heinola

Not good enough on 18:58 - Feb 9 by paulparker

People would be going mental on here if this was Holloway , yeah we showed guts and threw away a point in the end with the miss pen ( only QPR) but this was Birmingham not Barcalona how the hell you fall 4-0 down in 40 minutes god only knows, make no bones about it we are still not safe and could get sucked in to a relegation scrap if we ain’t careful also our defending is dog sh1t,

people have every right and absolutely should go batsh!t about the 1st half. Equally, all deserve credit for the second half. Don't quite buy the argument SM gets an easier ride than Ollie. I thought everyone showed remarkable patience with IH if anything.

Bare bones.

Not good enough on 20:21 - Feb 9 with 1623 viewssmegma

Not good enough on 20:06 - Feb 9 by Antti_Heinola

people have every right and absolutely should go batsh!t about the 1st half. Equally, all deserve credit for the second half. Don't quite buy the argument SM gets an easier ride than Ollie. I thought everyone showed remarkable patience with IH if anything.

SM's side were jeered off at half time today
[Post edited 9 Feb 2019 21:35]
Not good enough on 21:20 - Feb 9 with 1485 viewsRed_Ranger

Not good enough on 18:59 - Feb 9 by thame_hoops

One of the most entertaining games I’ve been at in ages, what a 2nd half performance

This. You friggin morons.
Entertainment and desire.
Value for money.
I feel alive and like I watched something special today.
Not good enough on 21:24 - Feb 9 with 1463 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Not good enough on 21:20 - Feb 9 by Red_Ranger

Value for money.

Entertaining or not, the reality is we were 4-0 down at home in 40 minutes and that deserves to be criticised.

Not good enough on 21:26 - Feb 9 with 1451 viewsqprd

Not good enough on 21:20 - Feb 9 by Red_Ranger

Value for money.

That was the best match I’ve been to in ages. I’m not rly that bothered we lost

But let’s not get too carried away by one horrific half of football

First goal- against the run of play, lynch got bullied and then turned and Linley stupidly left his line for no reason. Shit happens

Second goal- lovely thru ball and bidwell played Adams onside and Lumley should’ve left his line

Third goal - set piece. These things happen

Fourth goal was brilliant from bcfc. Two backheels into a curling left footed shot. Perhaps lumley could’ve done better on the rebound

Are we rly going to draw conclusions from a series of random goals? Blues had four chances and converted on them. It doesn’t mean we need to overreact
Not good enough on 22:59 - Feb 9 with 1265 viewsqpr1976

Not good enough on 21:26 - Feb 9 by qprd

That was the best match I’ve been to in ages. I’m not rly that bothered we lost

But let’s not get too carried away by one horrific half of football

First goal- against the run of play, lynch got bullied and then turned and Linley stupidly left his line for no reason. Shit happens

Second goal- lovely thru ball and bidwell played Adams onside and Lumley should’ve left his line

Third goal - set piece. These things happen

Fourth goal was brilliant from bcfc. Two backheels into a curling left footed shot. Perhaps lumley could’ve done better on the rebound

Are we rly going to draw conclusions from a series of random goals? Blues had four chances and converted on them. It doesn’t mean we need to overreact

They had 5, Lumley pushed one away for a corner, from which they scored.

And 2nd half, they probably should have wrapped it up at the end but missed a sitter.
Not good enough on 23:34 - Feb 9 with 1202 viewsRed_Ranger

Not good enough on 22:59 - Feb 9 by qpr1976

They had 5, Lumley pushed one away for a corner, from which they scored.

And 2nd half, they probably should have wrapped it up at the end but missed a sitter.

Didn't miss.
Brilliant Lumley save.
Speaking of which, Lee Camp was superb for them.
Every time I see him I see a young guy with blue hair in our goal at Sheff Wedneday away.
Not good enough on 23:55 - Feb 9 with 1139 viewsDavieQPR

What we need to look at is Player mental fatigue. Pav and Cousins turned the game for us today. Is it only coincidence that they haven't played lately?Good time, possibly, to play Eze and Hemed?
Not good enough on 00:38 - Feb 10 with 1073 viewsdigswellhoop

need to give 100% every game Not whenyou 4 0 down we should play like we did in 2nd half every min of every game
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024