Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The reason we didn’t get the rebound. 18:50 - Feb 9 with 8254 viewsPhilothesuperhoop

[IMG] http://i65.tinypic.com/2hx3c09.jpg[/IMG]

The encroachment was shocking....which is why they got to the rebound before us. Such a shame that he didn’t just leather it!
The reason we didn’t get the rebound. on 19:29 - Feb 9 with 5748 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Fcking hell that is damning for the officials. Bottle jobs.
The reason we didn’t get the rebound. on 20:17 - Feb 9 with 5555 viewssmegma

The reason we didn’t get the rebound. on 19:29 - Feb 9 by BazzaInTheLoft

Fcking hell that is damning for the officials. Bottle jobs.

Someone will defend the idiot by saying the ref couldn't see the encroachment because Wells was in his way.

58 mins No19 trips Furlong , yellow card. 5 mins later he trips Bidwell as he approaches the box. Ref gives free kick but doesn't even talk to Maghoma. About 3 mins later Monk takes him off before he was sent off. Ref bottled it.

5 mins into second half Smith is fouled in front of the Loft as he tries to shoot. I was sat in front of the press box. On TVs above our head they showed a replay within 5 seconds and the defender clearly pushes Smith in the back but the ref adhered to the unwritten law that any foul against Smith inside the opposition box is within the laws. He bottled it again.
The reason we didn’t get the rebound. on 20:45 - Feb 9 with 5475 viewsDejR_vu

The reason we didn’t get the rebound. on 20:17 - Feb 9 by smegma

Someone will defend the idiot by saying the ref couldn't see the encroachment because Wells was in his way.

58 mins No19 trips Furlong , yellow card. 5 mins later he trips Bidwell as he approaches the box. Ref gives free kick but doesn't even talk to Maghoma. About 3 mins later Monk takes him off before he was sent off. Ref bottled it.

5 mins into second half Smith is fouled in front of the Loft as he tries to shoot. I was sat in front of the press box. On TVs above our head they showed a replay within 5 seconds and the defender clearly pushes Smith in the back but the ref adhered to the unwritten law that any foul against Smith inside the opposition box is within the laws. He bottled it again.

If the physio had to carry pieces of Smith off in half a dozen plastic bags he still wouldn’t get a decision. It’s beyond bizarre. Has he got some weird fetish sleeping with referees’ wives or something?

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

The reason we didn’t get the rebound. on 21:32 - Feb 9 with 5345 viewssmegma

The reason we didn’t get the rebound. on 20:45 - Feb 9 by DejR_vu

If the physio had to carry pieces of Smith off in half a dozen plastic bags he still wouldn’t get a decision. It’s beyond bizarre. Has he got some weird fetish sleeping with referees’ wives or something?

Smith is even being fouled when he scores both goals.
The reason we didn’t get the rebound. on 22:00 - Feb 9 with 5267 viewsLblock

I await Pinner Pauls review of this latest of a long line of kuntz performance

It was as if he'd backed Brum at HT to win both halves and did whatever he could to aid them. I thought he was a shocking maggot

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

The reason we didn’t get the rebound. on 01:30 - Feb 10 with 5041 viewsCLAREMAN1995

The reason we didn’t get the rebound. on 21:32 - Feb 9 by smegma

Smith is even being fouled when he scores both goals.

I am sure he would be brilliant leading with his head on the wives not sure about the feet though
The reason we didn’t get the rebound. on 08:24 - Feb 10 with 4871 viewskingo

The ref spent time lecturing Bidwell not to encroach, so he can’t even use the excuse he wasn’t looking for it. This lecture also gave him the opportunity to turn a blind eye to their 8 ruffing Wells up while he waited to take the penalty.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

The reason we didn’t get the rebound. on 09:40 - Feb 10 with 4744 viewsdaveB

Well at least he ensured the free kicks were taken in the right place, he was diabolical one of the worst refs I've seen. Even after the penalty we should have had another one
Login to get fewer ads

The reason we didn’t get the rebound. on 10:20 - Feb 10 with 4665 viewsPinnerPaul

Hello all,

Tin hat on - here we go

1) Encroachment - yes should be a retake - there is a tread about it on 'RefChat' - never going to see any pen retaken for this at the top levels - well most levels really - line is - as long as GK hasn't moved 2 yards off his line, if pen is missed - carry on. Its wrong, but like ignoring dissent, the 6 second rule etc - its where we're at with the current interpretation of the laws

2) Not read any threads - too upset - but if no has mentioned - their number 16 I think it was should have had a 2nd yellow - 2nd foul was worse that the first. Again - See Palace v West Ham yesterday - the top refs will do anything to keep 11 on the pitch, including ignoring the laws. Scowen 'orange foul' v Portsmouth an example of that as well.

3) Couple of fouls on Smith and Wells 2nd half I thought were obvious misses

4) Not seen highlights, so in real time the foul on Smith by the goal line looked a pen to me as well

5) Getting free kicks in own half placed exactly correctly is a big no no for me - told to not be fussy until we get close to goal

2 yellows he did give were about right and so was time added on. ARs were decent as well - is about as positive as I can get.

I'm net getting into another row about Smith being fouled though (Apart from the ones I mentioned above) - I've said what I said about that on the Portsmouth thread
The reason we didn’t get the rebound. on 10:29 - Feb 10 with 4648 viewsWatford_Ranger

The reason we didn’t get the rebound. on 10:20 - Feb 10 by PinnerPaul

Hello all,

Tin hat on - here we go

1) Encroachment - yes should be a retake - there is a tread about it on 'RefChat' - never going to see any pen retaken for this at the top levels - well most levels really - line is - as long as GK hasn't moved 2 yards off his line, if pen is missed - carry on. Its wrong, but like ignoring dissent, the 6 second rule etc - its where we're at with the current interpretation of the laws

2) Not read any threads - too upset - but if no has mentioned - their number 16 I think it was should have had a 2nd yellow - 2nd foul was worse that the first. Again - See Palace v West Ham yesterday - the top refs will do anything to keep 11 on the pitch, including ignoring the laws. Scowen 'orange foul' v Portsmouth an example of that as well.

4) Not seen highlights, so in real time the foul on Smith by the goal line looked a pen to me as well

5) Getting free kicks in own half placed exactly correctly is a big no no for me - told to not be fussy until we get close to goal

2 yellows he did give were about right and so was time added on. ARs were decent as well - is about as positive as I can get.

I'm net getting into another row about Smith being fouled though (Apart from the ones I mentioned above) - I've said what I said about that on the Portsmouth thread

This was quite a unique level of encroachment though. The next step is to be ahead of the penalty taker.

There’d be death threats if this was Salah missing to get Liverpool a point from 4-0 down.
The reason we didn’t get the rebound. on 10:34 - Feb 10 with 4635 viewsPinnerPaul

The reason we didn’t get the rebound. on 10:29 - Feb 10 by Watford_Ranger

This was quite a unique level of encroachment though. The next step is to be ahead of the penalty taker.

There’d be death threats if this was Salah missing to get Liverpool a point from 4-0 down.

You NEVER see them retaken though.

I bet if you look through the Smithies pen saves of a few seasons back either- a) he moved and/or b) there was encroachment.

Its not right, I'm not defending it, just saying its not a one off 'mistake' by this particular ref.
The reason we didn’t get the rebound. on 10:46 - Feb 10 with 4608 viewsfrancisbowles

The reason we didn’t get the rebound. on 10:34 - Feb 10 by PinnerPaul

I bet if you look through the Smithies pen saves of a few seasons back either- a) he moved and/or b) there was encroachment.

Its not right, I'm not defending it, just saying its not a one off 'mistake' by this particular ref.

Yeh but, there were six yellow shirts in the PA before he kicked it and two of them were almost level with him. WTF is the point of having laws of the game if they are going to be so blatantly disregarded.

I would rather have a season of strict application of the LOTG, even if it mean't stop/start whistle, if it improved player's behaviour and mean't the game was played the way it was supposed to be.
The reason we didn’t get the rebound. on 11:11 - Feb 10 with 4576 viewsRangersw12

Then the refs need to stop being pussies and actually start making them to be retaken

Officials are to scared to do anything nowadays which is why nobody respects them. Foul throws a prime example loads every game but they don't have the bottle to do anything same with dissent etc
The reason we didn’t get the rebound. on 11:17 - Feb 10 with 4555 viewsWatford_Ranger

Admittedly it’s rare but it does happen. Smithies saved one twice once I’m sure.
The reason we didn’t get the rebound. on 11:24 - Feb 10 with 4524 viewsstowmarketrange

The reason we didn’t get the rebound. on 11:17 - Feb 10 by Watford_Ranger

Admittedly it’s rare but it does happen. Smithies saved one twice once I’m sure.

And the Portsmouth one in our promotion season,although that was supposed to be because Paddy Kenny moved an inch off his line.
The reason we didn’t get the rebound. on 11:27 - Feb 10 with 4516 viewsRANGERS4EVER

The reason we didn’t get the rebound. on 11:17 - Feb 10 by Watford_Ranger

I think the biggest annoyance for me is that it did have an affect on the play, as Bidwell could have easily got the rebound had their player not been basically level with Wells when the penalty was taken. He got an unfair advantage which meant we couldn't get the rebound, so it had an actual effect on the gameplay, meaning it should be retaken

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

The reason we didn’t get the rebound. on 11:55 - Feb 10 with 4458 viewssmegma

You are defending it though by comparing it to Smithies. Two wrongs do not make a right. WE are discussing yesterday not yesteryear. If you look at the photos, the ref is rlevel with Wells. The nearest Brum defender is a yard behind Wells. He would have been level with Wells but stopped when Wells had checked his run.

Could anyone imagine this happening during a match on MOTD and it impacted the result like this did?? They'd still be talking it about it in the BBC studios now.

I will agree with you about the foul on Smith by the Loft goal. I saw an instant replay in the ground and the defender clearly pushed him in the base of his back causing him to fall over. But all refs have a law where if Smith is fouled in the opposition box, play on. Ironically, the only time Smith won a free kick in a box was in our own box in the second half.

I think that ref once again was pony. It's not sour grapes as I thought the Pompey ref was pony and we won. If you can't get major decisions correct, those that can impact results, go back to the Middlesex County Leagues. But don't forget to run 30 yards to tell Lumley to take a free kick a further 3 yards away but still not even where the lino was indicating the foul took place. We really gained an unfair advantage by attempting to take the kick 3 yards to the right , not even nearer to the goal remember. Yet 6 players encroaching clearly in view of the piss poor ref is acceptable ???
The reason we didn’t get the rebound. on 12:35 - Feb 10 with 4360 viewsDavieQPR

What does a Referees Assistant do? They occasionally give an offside and that's it. They don't even give a throw in until the Ref has made a decision. You could almost do without them.
The reason we didn’t get the rebound. on 12:48 - Feb 10 with 4348 viewsdaveB

whats the point of the law then if no one is ever going to do anything about it.

Ref wasted a minute telling all players not to encroach, what was the point of that if he wasn't going to do anything id they did.

Refs positioning was awful as well, stood in line with wells so couldn't see the other side of him
The reason we didn’t get the rebound. on 13:16 - Feb 10 with 4297 viewsfrancisbowles

Just to add to the debate Camp took a couple of free kicks much nearer his PA than they should have been in order to push everybody up but not leave himself too far fr om goal.

Breaking the rules to gain an advantage.
The reason we didn’t get the rebound. on 14:14 - Feb 10 with 4218 viewsDejR_vu

Exactly, there’s encroachment where a few players are a yard over the line but this is taking the absolute p1ss. If the Birmingham players had been any further forward they would literally have been ahead of Wells. Jesus, he might as well have let them have a wall. Indefensible.

On a side note, nice to see an away team not trying to waste time, even when it was going badly wrong for them. Big credit to Monk and his players.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

The reason we didn’t get the rebound. on 14:41 - Feb 10 with 4178 viewsTopCat34

Fckin hell - wish I hadn't seen that. Look at him! He's staring right at them!!

Referee was absolutely terrible all game. For whats at stake in this league, nine times out of ten the officials are nowhere near good enough
The reason we didn’t get the rebound. on 15:04 - Feb 10 with 4130 viewsjonno

Actually two of their players were that close to being level with Wells that he may have even seen them in his peripheral vision as he approached the ball, which could have had an effect on his taking of the kick. But certainly the point about Bidwell is a good one, with no encroachment he may well have got to the rebound first and scored.
The reason we didn’t get the rebound. on 15:20 - Feb 10 with 4097 viewsdachiltern

The reason we didn’t get the rebound. on 10:20 - Feb 10 by PinnerPaul

Hello all,

Tin hat on - here we go

You can’t defend the indefensible.
The reason we didn’t get the rebound. on 15:48 - Feb 10 with 4059 viewsnix

The reason we didn’t get the rebound. on 15:04 - Feb 10 by jonno

Actually two of their players were that close to being level with Wells that he may have even seen them in his peripheral vision as he approached the ball, which could have had an effect on his taking of the kick. But certainly the point about Bidwell is a good one, with no encroachment he may well have got to the rebound first and scored.

This is the point. It wasn’t just a technical infringement where it didn’t make any difference to the outcome. It affected it in two ways: putting off Wells AND affecting the outcome of the rebound. So it directly supported why the rule exists.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024