Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
South Western Trains 21:50 - Feb 9 with 6727 viewstoboboly

What a bunch of cnt arse charlatans, £9 on a Saturday night to go 7 stops. Fcking cnt bstard cnt fckrs I hope they all fcking die of some cnt fck disease. Fcking dirty cnt fck muthafckers

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

South Western Trains on 11:49 - Feb 12 with 1431 viewssimmo

Pick up and drop my boy to Farnborough where he lives every few weekends a month. Sometimes that's 2 stops and costs best part of £30 return even with a network railcard, which I have to do twice (once to get him and the other 2 drop him back on the Sunday). At least 1 in 2 of the journeys are delayed or running a slow/long route and if I'm really lucky, once a month it's a rail replacement.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

South Western Trains on 12:34 - Feb 12 with 1378 viewswillis1980

South Western Trains on 11:42 - Feb 12 by smegma

ON a train from Amsterdam Airport to the behind closed doors friendly against PSV a few years ago, the train changed destination after about 3 stops and no one said a word. We suddenly stopped at some Town and literally EVERY passenger got off screaming abuse at any staff available. It was hilarious but not if you were going to work or business meeting.

3 stops in holland could take you from one side of the country to another!

I had similar in germany on my way to bremen airport to take the last flight out home, they had changed the destination of the train without telling anyone. Luckily the inspector checked my ticket within a minute of setting off and informed me of that I wasnt going to Bremen, knowing the route I waited for the next station and pulled the emergency break. It looked like half of the train got off too as they were obviously in the same predicament. The next train to bremen was delayed by 30mins and I made it onto my flight by a ball hair
South Western Trains on 08:27 - Feb 16 with 1216 viewsloftboy

Off to Bracknell today to see my parents then meeting up with my mate for a few beers and to watch Bracknell town. No trains from Waterloo so have to go from Paddington via Reading, not only an inconvenience but 7 quid dearer.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

South Western Trains on 09:10 - Feb 16 with 1166 viewsPunteR

South Western Trains on 08:27 - Feb 16 by loftboy

Off to Bracknell today to see my parents then meeting up with my mate for a few beers and to watch Bracknell town. No trains from Waterloo so have to go from Paddington via Reading, not only an inconvenience but 7 quid dearer.

I still haven't seen the new stadium in Bracknell. Must go down there soon.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

South Western Trains on 09:14 - Feb 16 with 1160 viewsloftboy

South Western Trains on 09:10 - Feb 16 by PunteR

I still haven't seen the new stadium in Bracknell. Must go down there soon.

It’s looking good, I worked behind the bar there 30 odd years ago and it’s a world apart.

South Western Trains on 11:14 - Feb 16 with 1090 viewsNW5Hoop

South Western Trains on 11:49 - Feb 11 by smegma

I'll raise anyone complaining about £9 for 7 stops. Next time we're at home, go to the ticket machines in either White City or Shepherds Bush station. Select 'single ticket' to the next station so either White City or Shepherds Bush. Then tell me that £4.90 to travel 1 stop that takes two minutes isn't THE biggest rip off in the land???

If you're going to get the Tube from White City to Shepherds Bush, you deserve to be charged £4.90!
South Western Trains on 23:18 - Feb 16 with 1001 viewsPunteR

South Western Trains on 09:14 - Feb 16 by loftboy

It’s looking good, I worked behind the bar there 30 odd years ago and it’s a world apart.

They used to do a decent fry up in there as well.

South Western Trains on 01:41 - Feb 17 with 970 viewsBoston

South Western Trains on 10:17 - Feb 12 by thame_hoops

Uber is incredible

...uber alles the Deutschland train system?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Login to get fewer ads

South Western Trains on 02:37 - Feb 17 with 962 viewssmegma

South Western Trains on 11:14 - Feb 16 by NW5Hoop

If you're going to get the Tube from White City to Shepherds Bush, you deserve to be charged £4.90!

I just used it as an example. How many overseas visitors or even out of towners get ripped off on a daily basis???
South Western Trains on 08:27 - Feb 17 with 921 viewsPunteR

Cost me just over £20 for a ticket Bracknell to Shepherds Bush. I think thats a lot to pay. Door to door it takes over 2 hours. If i drove it would cost me about a tenner in petrol and take an hour. Its easier and more cost effective to drive.
Plus your not herded about like cattle.
Trains are one of the biggest rip off merchants in this country and a scourge on a civilised society. ;) prefer the underground.

South Western Trains on 08:39 - Feb 17 with 910 viewsWatford_Ranger

South Western Trains on 08:27 - Feb 17 by PunteR

Cost me just over £20 for a ticket Bracknell to Shepherds Bush. I think thats a lot to pay. Door to door it takes over 2 hours. If i drove it would cost me about a tenner in petrol and take an hour. Its easier and more cost effective to drive.
Plus your not herded about like cattle.
Trains are one of the biggest rip off merchants in this country and a scourge on a civilised society. ;) prefer the underground.

Not sure what route you go but changing at Clapham it takes about 1 hour 15 mins.

The return journey with my railcard is £16 which isn’t too bad. £24ish for a full price is a bit much but can use it for going into town after too.
South Western Trains on 09:05 - Feb 17 with 895 viewsPunteR

South Western Trains on 08:39 - Feb 17 by Watford_Ranger

Not sure what route you go but changing at Clapham it takes about 1 hour 15 mins.

The return journey with my railcard is £16 which isn’t too bad. £24ish for a full price is a bit much but can use it for going into town after too.

Change at Clapham yes. It was even announced on the train tannoy that the average journey takes an hour and half. Plus 15 min to the station and 15 min to the ground. I left the ground just before 10 got home just after 12. I would have been home an hour earlier if i drove.

South Western Trains on 11:31 - Feb 17 with 829 viewsloftboy

South Western Trains on 11:14 - Feb 16 by NW5Hoop

Got the tube yesterday from Upton Park to Paddington then back again in he evening, I have been charged £5.60 so £2.80 per trip, can’t argue with that for going right across London.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2019 14:07]

South Western Trains on 09:02 - Feb 18 with 701 viewsSilverfoxqpr

South Western Trains on 12:37 - Feb 11 by Wokingham_r

The current franchise running these services is South Western Railway
They won the franchise from South West Trains in August 2017
This is not just pedantry. - the service deteriorated badly when they took over - I know, all of the above comments are true - i suffer their "service" every day!

Been here before with this one I think but anyway South West Trains had been run (fairly well) by the Stagecoach franchise for a number of years. When the franchise went up for re-negotiation Stagecoach actually came in with the best bid. However Firstgroup got together with some Chinese company (MTR or something) bunged the tories 1.4B and were awarded the new franchise. Full story appeared in Private Eye at the time. look it up. Needless to say the service has been utter dogsh1te since.

I'm up to just shy of 5K a year commuting from Aldershot and it's genuinely starting to do my crust in. On the 1st Feb (you may recall we had a bit of snow) they cancelled the last two services out of Waterloo leaving 100's stranded including myself and for that I was given £4.81 on their 'delay repay' scheme. What a time to be alive.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024