Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lumley 13:22 - Feb 10 with 5593 viewsHayesender

Don't wanna dig the lad out, but I think he's been very poor the last month or so.

Just seen the goals again from yesterday, and I would be very concerned about our goalkeeper dept if I was McClaren.

I would take him out of the firing line on Tuesday, but I fear another drubbing would finish Ingram off

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Lumley on 13:23 - Feb 10 with 4372 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Don't know what was going on with his kicking yesterday but it was like he was nervous. Hopefully just an off day. His save at the death shows he is a great keeper

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Lumley on 13:29 - Feb 10 with 4342 viewsHayesender

Lumley on 13:23 - Feb 10 by RANGERS4EVER

Don't know what was going on with his kicking yesterday but it was like he was nervous. Hopefully just an off day. His save at the death shows he is a great keeper

He has the makings of a great keeper, but like Eze he's young and we're asking a alot of him.

A break might do him good

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Lumley on 13:41 - Feb 10 with 4303 viewsflynnbo

He doesn't come for many crosses despite his height and his kicking has always been poor. Hope his recent injury hasn't affected him too much. Might be best to move Ingram on in the summer and get in an experienced number two from whom he can learn and who can provide competition-money and FFP permitting. Positive points are that he communicates well and is an excellent shot stopper and is still very young for a goalie after all and is our man-keep the faith.
Lumley on 15:23 - Feb 10 with 4128 viewsHighWycombeHoop

I think his confidence has suffered as a result of him getting his nose broken at Villa Park. He doesn’t seem quite the same to me since then. Might take a while to get that out of his head during games?
Lumley on 15:49 - Feb 10 with 4060 viewsWestbourneR

Lumley on 15:23 - Feb 10 by HighWycombeHoop

I think his confidence has suffered as a result of him getting his nose broken at Villa Park. He doesn’t seem quite the same to me since then. Might take a while to get that out of his head during games?

The fourth goal that rebounded off the post was a joke. I like the kid but he was totally checked out yesterday for the first half like most of the team.

I feel he’s a great presence but does have some technical flaws he needs to work hard on.

First goal was weak too. He’s a bit slow to his right

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Lumley on 16:08 - Feb 10 with 4018 viewsTacticalR

The whole team had a mare first half, so you can't just look at Lumley.

In any case I don't think his strength is reflex saves, but rather his positioning, and his positioning looked wrong for the first goal. Perhaps he didn't anticipate how easy it would be for Adams to run rings round Lynch.

Air hostess clique

Lumley on 16:21 - Feb 10 with 3981 viewsNorthernr

Lumley on 13:29 - Feb 10 by Hayesender

He has the makings of a great keeper, but like Eze he's young and we're asking a alot of him.

A break might do him good

And pick Ingram? Nah, you're alright.
Do agree though, not playing well atm. Not many of them are since Christmas.
Lumley on 18:07 - Feb 10 with 3830 viewsPinnerPaul

Lumley on 13:23 - Feb 10 by RANGERS4EVER

Haven't seen the goals again, but in real time I didn't think there was much he could about any of them.

Distribution was awful though - execution, time it took and decision making very poor all afternoon.
Login to get fewer ads

Lumley on 19:42 - Feb 10 with 3717 viewsrsonist

Not the type to benefit from being dropped (in fairness how many keepers are?). Back the lad, he'll be stronger for coming through it.

Generally tend to think we're so not used to kids coming through - and the few that have started to being unusually precocious - that we forget learning on the job is supposed to have its ups and downs.
Lumley on 19:44 - Feb 10 with 3705 viewsCamberleyR

Good point. May be something in that.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Lumley on 20:40 - Feb 10 with 3626 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Can anyone name me anyone in that squad who has distinguished themselves recently?

If we want these lads to be better, they need to play, for good or for bad. Form is temporary, class is permanent as the old saying goes.

If your looking at Lumley's performances in a QPR shirt this season (as a whole) and thinking this lad needs to be dropped then you need your head looking at.

Same for Eze.

It's like going back to the weird anger of top assister Freeman last year that surfaced second half of the season. If these lads can play 42 games and not put a foot wrong then they don't belong to us, they belong to Premiership clubs.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2019 20:41]
Lumley on 22:18 - Feb 10 with 3494 viewsrsonist

We might also want to look around us before we start getting too critical - thinking of Dean Henderson who's been excellent for Sheff Utd (and only on loan from Man Utd) making those two awful ricks on Friday.

Come to think of it, is there really any keeper in this division we'd want to swap Lumley for, even if we could? Westwood I suppose, possibly Raya, but there's not a lot in it is there.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2019 22:19]
Lumley on 08:30 - Feb 11 with 3245 viewsMetallica_Hoop

It's a hard being a keeper, get dropped confidence goes, play shit confidence goes.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Lumley on 09:01 - Feb 11 with 3204 viewsfrancisbowles

Very difficult incident to recover from. Could well have a bit of a 'mental block'. He seemed a bit hesitant for the one on one, which led to a goal. Will take time. Keep playing him though as if there is a problem then the only way to get over it is to keep going and gradually put it behind you.
Lumley on 09:35 - Feb 11 with 3162 viewsParkRoyalR

Lumley on 20:40 - Feb 10 by BazzaInTheLoft

Can anyone name me anyone in that squad who has distinguished themselves recently?

If we want these lads to be better, they need to play, for good or for bad. Form is temporary, class is permanent as the old saying goes.

If your looking at Lumley's performances in a QPR shirt this season (as a whole) and thinking this lad needs to be dropped then you need your head looking at.

Same for Eze.

It's like going back to the weird anger of top assister Freeman last year that surfaced second half of the season. If these lads can play 42 games and not put a foot wrong then they don't belong to us, they belong to Premiership clubs.

Excellent post, Lumley has been superb this season, slightly hesitant yesterday but with Birmingham allowed a free run at him I'm not surprised he was below his usual very high standards. Other Forum had a who is better Smithies or Lumley debate the other week which says slot about his form this season.
Lumley on 11:35 - Feb 11 with 3071 viewsDesertBoot

Lumley on 15:49 - Feb 10 by WestbourneR

The fourth goal that rebounded off the post was a joke. I like the kid but he was totally checked out yesterday for the first half like most of the team.

I feel he’s a great presence but does have some technical flaws he needs to work hard on.

First goal was weak too. He’s a bit slow to his right

...checks Lumley's age......

Wish I could be like David Watts

Lumley on 12:41 - Feb 11 with 2996 viewsW7Ranger

Lumley on 20:40 - Feb 10 by BazzaInTheLoft

Same for Eze.

"Can anyone name me anyone in that squad who has distinguished themselves recently?"

Matt Smith?
Lumley on 13:06 - Feb 11 with 2955 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Lumley on 12:41 - Feb 11 by W7Ranger

"Can anyone name me anyone in that squad who has distinguished themselves recently?"

Matt Smith?

Good shout. Maybe Wells too.
Lumley on 14:03 - Feb 11 with 2884 viewsBklynRanger

He really shouldn't have to be making some of the kicks that he is though. Time and again on Saturday Lynch had the ball, couldn't see anything on, so goes back to Lumley. Yes he should be doing a better job when that happens but it's a whole team responsibility in terms of shape and movement.

For most of the season Joe's done a great job of yelling at people, keeping them aware of what's going on - I'm still happy to look at the his as a learning season for him and in that sense it's been quite successful.
Lumley on 15:37 - Feb 11 with 2835 viewsJordanFoster

I could be way off here as I haven't actually seen any highlights from Saturday's game but on first watch I was sure he could have done better for the first goal..?

I know Lynch gets turned with ease, but I thought Lumley came to try and gather then got caught in no mans lands which meant he wasn't set when Adams shot. I could be wrong as I say but just one memory from Saturday.
Lumley on 16:56 - Feb 11 with 2783 viewsWestbourneR

Lumley on 15:37 - Feb 11 by JordanFoster

I could be way off here as I haven't actually seen any highlights from Saturday's game but on first watch I was sure he could have done better for the first goal..?

I know Lynch gets turned with ease, but I thought Lumley came to try and gather then got caught in no mans lands which meant he wasn't set when Adams shot. I could be wrong as I say but just one memory from Saturday.

It was a very weak attempt on the first goal.

He was down like a slow motion granny.

Che Adams is bang average and we gave him three goals.

Lumley on 17:14 - Feb 11 with 2757 viewsAntti_Heinola

Lumley on 16:56 - Feb 11 by WestbourneR

Wish we had a bang average striker like him then. Scored in 6 consecutive games - not sure even Charlie managed that! Thought he was great on Sat.

Bare bones.

Lumley on 21:01 - Feb 11 with 2643 viewsjoolsyp

Lumley on 16:56 - Feb 11 by WestbourneR

If Adams is "bang average" why are a bunch of Premier clubs rumoured to be in for him?
Lumley on 11:17 - Feb 12 with 2496 viewsWestbourneR

Lumley on 21:01 - Feb 11 by joolsyp

If Adams is "bang average" why are a bunch of Premier clubs rumoured to be in for him?

Same reason they were in Danny Graham, Cameron Jerome, Ross McCormack etc. etc. he's on a hot streak and he's over-rated.

Che Adam is a muscular lump with a bit of pace profiting from the rubbish Championship standard defending.

I'd like to see him carve out a chance in the Prem.

If you're right - we'll see - and we can pick this conversation up again. Fair?

Lumley on 11:58 - Feb 12 with 2451 viewssimmo

To be expected though isn't it? Young/Inexperienced players in an ever-changing team?

We have to expect that these guys will struggle with consistency and accept that it's part of their development. If anything these times of struggle / poor form will do them good as they can come through it and use the experience.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024