Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What the hell do we do now? 10:45 - Feb 11 with 2381 viewsfrancisbowles

A very difficult away game against a very good side, players will be knackered after chasing the game on Saturday, be a miracle if big posh Matt will have recovered from his battering, Lynch (I know) probably injured, Wsolek great going forward but Bright unlucky to be sacrificed, is it time to bring back Eze, will Hall make his third game in eight days.?

So 4231, 4411, 442, 352 or?

If Smith doesn't make it I would go with 4231 with Hemed up top and Eze, Freeman and Bright behind them. I would go with Cousins and Manning as the two with Lumley behind Furlong, Leistner, Lynch (or Hall), Bidwell. 352 with Pav coming on as a back up!

What the hell do we do now? on 10:51 - Feb 11 with 2358 viewsParkRoyalR

Agree, 4-2-3-1, but would start Wells on right instead of Bright.
What the hell do we do now? on 10:52 - Feb 11 with 2357 viewsjonno

Plus of course there is the consideration of a big game on Friday night. Ironic really when you think of how we've thrown away so many cup games in recent years by putting out weakened sides.....
What the hell do we do now? on 11:18 - Feb 11 with 2279 viewsstowmarketrange

Play the kids and give the senior players a rest for friday’s big game.
What the hell do we do now? on 11:27 - Feb 11 with 2251 viewsdaveB

Play 4-1-4-1 with Hall in the Cameron role behind to Mass and Cousins, drop into a 3-5-2 without the ball. Team will lack width but should be more solid. Wells or hemed up front, probably go with wells which is harsh on Smith
What the hell do we do now? on 11:33 - Feb 11 with 2223 viewsDesertBoot

What the hell do we do now? on 11:18 - Feb 11 by stowmarketrange

Play the kids and give the senior players a rest for friday’s big game.

All the kids are on loan until the end of the season. It's pretty much a pool of 16-18 players between now and May.

Wish I could be like David Watts

What the hell do we do now? on 18:08 - Feb 12 with 1896 viewsfrancisbowles

Wrap up Luongo and Smith in cotton wool for Friday night!
What the hell do we do now? on 18:14 - Feb 12 with 1877 viewsPinnerPaul

What the hell do we do now? on 11:33 - Feb 11 by DesertBoot

All the kids are on loan until the end of the season. It's pretty much a pool of 16-18 players between now and May.

We have 23 in the first team squad I believe.
What the hell do we do now? on 18:57 - Feb 12 with 1787 viewsoldmisery

What the hell do we do now? on 18:14 - Feb 12 by PinnerPaul

We have 23 in the first team squad I believe.

The matchday programme indicates 24 players however none of Shodipo, Rangel, Cameron and Hemed are fit enough to play 90 minutes and Hamalainen and Phillips are about to go stateside so that only leaves 18 to last us until May. Let's hope there are no more long term injuries and/or suspensions!
Login to get fewer ads

What the hell do we do now? on 19:39 - Feb 12 with 1713 viewsstowmarketrange

What the hell do we do now? on 18:57 - Feb 12 by oldmisery

The matchday programme indicates 24 players however none of Shodipo, Rangel, Cameron and Hemed are fit enough to play 90 minutes and Hamalainen and Phillips are about to go stateside so that only leaves 18 to last us until May. Let's hope there are no more long term injuries and/or suspensions!

Can we get them back for the semis and final?
What the hell do we do now? on 22:36 - Feb 12 with 1545 viewsOldPedro

What the hell do we do now? on 19:39 - Feb 12 by stowmarketrange

Can we get them back for the semis and final?

Is Remy available?????

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

What the hell do we do now? on 23:01 - Feb 12 with 1433 viewsdaveB

Last year we played 3/4 of the season with 3-5-2 then switched to a 4-2-3-1 and manager slated for changing things too much.

This season started a wide open footballing 4-4-1-1 before going to 4-4-2 then 4-2-3-1 then back to 4-4-2 now back to 3-5-2, it's not even March yet, How many more formations will we try

Got to love stability.
What the hell do we do now? on 09:56 - Feb 13 with 1078 viewsfrancisbowles

What the hell do we do now? on 23:01 - Feb 12 by daveB

Last year we played 3/4 of the season with 3-5-2 then switched to a 4-2-3-1 and manager slated for changing things too much.

This season started a wide open footballing 4-4-1-1 before going to 4-4-2 then 4-2-3-1 then back to 4-4-2 now back to 3-5-2, it's not even March yet, How many more formations will we try

Got to love stability.

Weren't we all saying we had all become very predictable with the same team and formation?

Surely, we had to try something different in the second half on Saturday?

Shouldn't we also have a few systems we are familiar with for flexibility, being less predictable and being able to nullify opposition's strengths.?
What the hell do we do now? on 10:08 - Feb 13 with 1061 viewsdaveB

What the hell do we do now? on 09:56 - Feb 13 by francisbowles

Weren't we all saying we had all become very predictable with the same team and formation?

Surely, we had to try something different in the second half on Saturday?

Shouldn't we also have a few systems we are familiar with for flexibility, being less predictable and being able to nullify opposition's strengths.?

i've got no problem with changing the formation especially on Saturday, I just find it amusing that one of the main reasons for changing manager was to bring stability and we've seen so many changes of formation, style this season and still haven't really found one that works for more than a few games
What the hell do we do now? on 10:08 - Feb 13 with 1060 viewsBklynRanger

Just watched a very frustrated Schteve after last night's smash and grab. He seemed happy with the changes that 3-5-2 brought but did say that you could see the players needed more time to learn it. I'd worry about that comment against a 'bigger' team. (Intentional quotes - it's Watford...).

Would rather stick to a formation we've played more this season but with a defensive, break-away mindset, if that makes sense. We've had quite good success doing that, at the end of last year anyway.
What the hell do we do now? on 11:11 - Feb 13 with 998 viewsCroydonCaptJack

What the hell do we do now? on 23:01 - Feb 12 by daveB

Got to love stability.

I think the manager was slated for changing the team rather than the formation last season wasn't he?
What the hell do we do now? on 11:45 - Feb 13 with 948 viewsdaveB

What the hell do we do now? on 11:11 - Feb 13 by CroydonCaptJack

I think the manager was slated for changing the team rather than the formation last season wasn't he?

year before he got stick for changing formations too often. I don't want to make a big thing of it, I just found it mildly amusing
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024