Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Karma for time-wasting 21:49 - Feb 12 with 5917 viewsEmpireStateRanger

Wiping the ball on every throw while tied. Taking minutes off the clock whenever the ball goes out of play. Barely stringing together any possession and just heaving long throws for the hell of it.

And then when a penalty occurs and we need to scramble to rescue a point, there’s no time left on the clock.

I know we’re trying to make use of the dark arts, but that was utterly frustrating to watch. And it was completely predictable. Deserved that loss, and deserved it in that fashion.
Karma for time-wasting on 21:51 - Feb 12 with 4968 viewsflynnbo

Sorry, I don't agree-all teams do it.
Karma for time-wasting on 21:52 - Feb 12 with 4926 viewsstowmarketrange

So a bit of time wasting deserved a cheating fecking ref to give a non existent penalty.We need fans like you don’t we?
Karma for time-wasting on 21:56 - Feb 12 with 4861 viewsCamberleyR

The OP is talking absolute bollocks. That cheating shitcúnt could hardly wait to give them the penalty not to mention missing a blatant shove on Cousins in the area, giving them every 50/50 and ignoring a decent shout when Eze went down as well. I've seen some homer refs in my time but that was something else.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Karma for time-wasting on 21:59 - Feb 12 with 4821 viewsEmpireStateRanger

Maybe a little harsh with the “deserved it in that fashion but. It was never a penalty. Shocking decision.

But I can’t stand to see Furlong take hours to throw the ball. If we’re winning... sure. But when tied...
Karma for time-wasting on 22:00 - Feb 12 with 4804 viewsLblock

Mate are you serious?

What a melt

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Karma for time-wasting on 22:02 - Feb 12 with 4761 viewstraininvain

Furlong was doing exactly the right thing. Slowing the game down to stop Bristol City’s momentum.

Do you honestly think Furlong should’ve been in a rush to take those throw ins?
Karma for time-wasting on 22:03 - Feb 12 with 4745 viewsstowmarketrange

Karma for time-wasting on 21:59 - Feb 12 by EmpireStateRanger

Maybe a little harsh with the “deserved it in that fashion but. It was never a penalty. Shocking decision.

But I can’t stand to see Furlong take hours to throw the ball. If we’re winning... sure. But when tied...

That’s up to the ref to deal with it,not to blatantly give them a chance to win the game in stoppage time.
Karma for time-wasting on 22:05 - Feb 12 with 4711 viewsdaveB

so when Bristol City time wasted after taking the lead should we have been given a penalty for karma?
Login to get fewer ads

Karma for time-wasting on 22:07 - Feb 12 with 4684 viewsWestonsuperR

Karma for time-wasting on 21:51 - Feb 12 by flynnbo

Sorry, I don't agree-all teams do it.

Birmingham didn’t. To an extent I understand and agree with trying to see out a match but this is spoiling the game, no need for the level we take it to.
Karma for time-wasting on 22:07 - Feb 12 with 4677 viewscharmr

The ref wasn’t a homer just not very competent. As a ref myself I really don’t like going down the blame the ref route. The penalty was a shocking decision. The City player dived with both feet, off the ground, towards the goal line then falling on his back.

Thing is Rangers retreated, never went for the 2nd and lost the game by simply losing the ball coming away from the edge of our penalty are. Unblalnced and players out of position with opposition going forward with numbers. Happened too many times. Goals and chances created are when numbers are up and team shape out of shape creating spaces.

NAIVE
Karma for time-wasting on 22:10 - Feb 12 with 4636 viewssmegma

Karma for time-wasting on 21:59 - Feb 12 by EmpireStateRanger

If you can't stand to see it then go and watch some two bob yank game.
Karma for time-wasting on 22:24 - Feb 12 with 4492 views2Thomas2Bowles

Nothing justifies the ref giving a pen that never was

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Karma for time-wasting on 22:29 - Feb 12 with 4450 viewskingo

Karma for time-wasting on 22:07 - Feb 12 by charmr

The ref wasn’t a homer just not very competent. As a ref myself I really don’t like going down the blame the ref route. The penalty was a shocking decision. The City player dived with both feet, off the ground, towards the goal line then falling on his back.

Thing is Rangers retreated, never went for the 2nd and lost the game by simply losing the ball coming away from the edge of our penalty are. Unblalnced and players out of position with opposition going forward with numbers. Happened too many times. Goals and chances created are when numbers are up and team shape out of shape creating spaces.

NAIVE

Sorry mate but he was definitely a homer, who was completely swayed by the crowd. If the crowd appealed he gave it. There were 3 much more likely penalty appeals but because they were for us he looked away. The penalty he gave was a definite foul on Furlong but again he didn’t want to see it. These clowns are killing the game and there is no comeback on them whatsoever.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Karma for time-wasting on 22:49 - Feb 12 with 4321 viewscharmr

Met a lot of referees and top ones, Just not convinced there’s such a thing as a homer. It’s reds vs blues etc.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2019 22:49]
Karma for time-wasting on 22:52 - Feb 12 with 4300 viewsAntti_Heinola

Karma for time-wasting on 22:07 - Feb 12 by WestonsuperR

Birmingham didn’t. To an extent I understand and agree with trying to see out a match but this is spoiling the game, no need for the level we take it to.

we'd lost four in a row mate. While I find it frustrating, sometimes you just need to dig a result out however you possibly can. Ref can always add on time for timewasting, and it was hardly that bad tonight.

Bare bones.

Karma for time-wasting on 23:10 - Feb 12 with 4166 viewsplasmahoop

I thought if anything, wecould have done with taking the sting out of the game more. From about 55 to 65minutes the ball was hardly out of play. And when he got the ball, lumley just kicked it quickly upfield. We needed more quiet possession. But as for the penalty, that was unbelievable.
Karma for time-wasting on 23:13 - Feb 12 with 4151 viewsstowmarketrange

Karma for time-wasting on 22:49 - Feb 12 by charmr

Met a lot of referees and top ones, Just not convinced there’s such a thing as a homer. It’s reds vs blues etc.

I’m sorry mate but I don’t believe that.I doubt he would’ve given us that penalty tonight because there wasn’t 18,000 QPR fans screaming for it.
I don’t believe that they do it on purpose but it’s hard to shut out a home crowd on your back screaming for a decision.I also believe that was why we got our penalty on Saturday.And also why we choose to attack towards the loft in the 2nd half.
Karma for time-wasting on 23:39 - Feb 12 with 4037 viewsdavman

Karma for time-wasting on 23:13 - Feb 12 by stowmarketrange

I’m sorry mate but I don’t believe that.I doubt he would’ve given us that penalty tonight because there wasn’t 18,000 QPR fans screaming for it.
I don’t believe that they do it on purpose but it’s hard to shut out a home crowd on your back screaming for a decision.I also believe that was why we got our penalty on Saturday.And also why we choose to attack towards the loft in the 2nd half.

That line about Saturday is bollox. The penalty we got (which was one) was the third one we should have got. Tonight's one was another shocker.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Karma for time-wasting on 23:49 - Feb 12 with 4005 viewsstowmarketrange

Karma for time-wasting on 23:39 - Feb 12 by davman

That line about Saturday is bollox. The penalty we got (which was one) was the third one we should have got. Tonight's one was another shocker.

I don’t think we would’ve got that penalty on Saturday if we’d been attacking the school end.He didn’t want to give us anything and probably wouldn’t have done except for the crowd appealing for it.That was also the worst of the 3 penalty shouts we had in the 2nd half.
Karma for time-wasting on 00:44 - Feb 13 with 3895 viewsBoston

Karma for time-wasting on 22:10 - Feb 12 by smegma

If you can't stand to see it then go and watch some two bob yank game.

S’right smegs, he’s the type who’ll be accusing us of deflating balls or summat next week.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Karma for time-wasting on 07:41 - Feb 13 with 3564 viewsXBlock

Yeah but, no but, yeah but, no but, yeah but Ashley Cole stole it from us but thats nothing because he fingered John Terry on the swings round the back of the school..

Haven't Rangers ALWAYS been frustrating to watch lad ? Get a grip and get behind the lads FFS
Karma for time-wasting on 07:41 - Feb 13 with 3561 viewsjonno

Most referees are swayed by the crowd towards the home team. It's one of the main reasons why each season there are far more home wins than away wins. Some are worse than others of course. We've had decisions at LR which we only got due to the crowd's influence. This was clearly a very poor decision, given to the home team. Whenever I see a penalty awarded I always ask myself if that decision would have been given at the other end, for the away time. In many cases, such as last night, it would never have been. As for time wasting, yes we do it and yes we shouldn't. But almost every other team does it so we are at a disadvantage if we don't do it - this is a professional sport. It's up to the authorities to stamp it out which they could do quite easily. And it's not up to the referee to give a team a penalty to punish the opposing side for time wasting or anything else. He's there to apply the laws of the game, not decide the result.
Karma for time-wasting on 08:44 - Feb 13 with 3433 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Well until I see a homer at our ground I know what you mean!
Karma for time-wasting on 08:52 - Feb 13 with 3419 viewsBklynRanger

Eh, 'way to represent', EmpireStateR!....
Karma for time-wasting on 10:14 - Feb 13 with 3283 viewsPikey

Not sure the Eze one was a pen but theirs was never one. But we got caught trying to bring the ball out on both goals we had chances to get it upfield. Sometimes you do just need to put your boot through it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024