Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cheers Mr Harrington 21:13 - Feb 13 with 1277 viewsWrightUp5hit___

That truly was a clusterfnck last night. Six bookings all after 90 minutes played according to Opta and the potential for the FA to join the "Let's make an example of QPR" club

Grant Hall, booked 91st minute for dissent
Darnell Furlong, booked 92nd minute for a foul
Toni Leistner, booked 92nd minute for dissent
Jake Bidwell, booked 97th minute for arguing with the referee
Joe Lumley booked after the final whistle for dissent
Pawel Wszolek booked after the final whistle for a foul
Because the visitors from Loftus Road picked up more than six bookings that will trigger a fine from the FA - and it will be more if it has happened earlier in the season for the West London side already

It is £5,000 for a first offence but doubled after that, according to rule 9a of the FA Disciplinary Handbook.

Further, given the confrontations with referee Harrington after the final whistle there may even be a Breach of FA Rule E20(a) — that the Hoops players did not conduct themselves in an orderly fashion - if the referee deems fit and his report may be eagerly awaited by senior officials at Loftus Road.

Cheers Mr Harrington on 21:39 - Feb 13 with 1208 viewsSnipper

I hope that cùnt of a referee gets attacked by a group of rabid dogs.

And the bàstard from Saturday too.
Cheers Mr Harrington on 22:31 - Feb 13 with 1087 viewsstainrods_elbow

Cheers Mr Harrington on 21:39 - Feb 13 by Snipper

I hope that cùnt of a referee gets attacked by a group of rabid dogs.

And the bàstard from Saturday too.

Seconded. (And thirded, while I'm there.)

If a fine is automatic, and I were the club, my defence would not be so much robust as apoplectic. How incompetent do the officials have to become before their own behaviour becomes an outright provocation? SM hit the nail on the head by saying that c*nt will be ashamed when he watches that back. If he isn't, he should be dismissed from the professional game.

That's at least two points (potentially) we've been cost in the last two games by unfit officials! The malpractice (and, who knows, corruption) of referees seems to have become ineluctably intertwined with our own form as a team in recent games.

Why do we bother as supporters when we're served up this shit that ruins everything for everyone?

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Cheers Mr Harrington on 22:38 - Feb 13 with 1071 viewsManinBlack

Meanwhile West Brom's Dwight Gayle has been charged by the FA for successfully conning the match official into awarding them a penalty last night. Notice no blame attached to the ref at all for being dumb in awarding the penalty. Presumably no action will be taken against the Bristol lad running into Furlong to win a penalty.

Not often I agree with the Villa manager but his comment tonight that the refereeing in the Championship this season has been pathetic is pretty accurate. So he will be charged by our friends at the FA as another ref smugly goes home satisfied with his evenings work.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2019 22:54]
Cheers Mr Harrington on 22:52 - Feb 13 with 1035 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Cheers Mr Harrington on 22:38 - Feb 13 by ManinBlack

Meanwhile West Brom's Dwight Gayle has been charged by the FA for successfully conning the match official into awarding them a penalty last night. Notice no blame attached to the ref at all for being dumb in awarding the penalty. Presumably no action will be taken against the Bristol lad running into Furlong to win a penalty.

Not often I agree with the Villa manager but his comment tonight that the refereeing in the Championship this season has been pathetic is pretty accurate. So he will be charged by our friends at the FA as another ref smugly goes home satisfied with his evenings work.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2019 22:54]

Come on that was Lee Mason who gave Gale the penalty.

As to corruption, very, very, very unlikely. Its generally just sometimes a ref gives one or two bad decisions that are critical to results, and some are just truly incompetent, and couldn't find their arse with both hands.
Cheers Mr Harrington on 23:07 - Feb 13 with 1012 viewsstowmarketrange

Cheers Mr Harrington on 22:31 - Feb 13 by stainrods_elbow

Seconded. (And thirded, while I'm there.)

If a fine is automatic, and I were the club, my defence would not be so much robust as apoplectic. How incompetent do the officials have to become before their own behaviour becomes an outright provocation? SM hit the nail on the head by saying that c*nt will be ashamed when he watches that back. If he isn't, he should be dismissed from the professional game.

That's at least two points (potentially) we've been cost in the last two games by unfit officials! The malpractice (and, who knows, corruption) of referees seems to have become ineluctably intertwined with our own form as a team in recent games.

Why do we bother as supporters when we're served up this shit that ruins everything for everyone?

3 in 3 if you count the penalty not given at Wigan.
Cheers Mr Harrington on 23:28 - Feb 13 with 989 viewsManinBlack

Cheers Mr Harrington on 22:52 - Feb 13 by WrightUp5hit___

As to corruption, very, very, very unlikely. Its generally just sometimes a ref gives one or two bad decisions that are critical to results, and some are just truly incompetent, and couldn't find their arse with both hands.

Lee Mason is not to blame as the BBC Sport site states that Gayle has been charged by the FA with "successful deception of a match official."

Of course this won't return the two points Forest were denied which was arguably worse than ours as we only lost a point. It appears a fair few Bristol fans thought their penalty was the correct decision. Just as well they don't referee games then...
Cheers Mr Harrington on 23:31 - Feb 13 with 983 viewsStanisgod

Surely if players are confronting you with such dissent somewhere along the line you think " hang on, maybe it's me". No? Conceited and too cowardly to apologise, that's what winds people up.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Cheers Mr Harrington on 23:35 - Feb 13 with 973 viewsflynnbo

He's an arrogant little prick.
Login to get fewer ads

Cheers Mr Harrington on 01:05 - Feb 14 with 889 viewsjohncharles

Cheers Mr Harrington on 22:52 - Feb 13 by WrightUp5hit___

Are referees corrupt ?
We’ll never know because they are never held to account

Strong and stable my arse.

Cheers Mr Harrington on 02:20 - Feb 14 with 849 viewstimcocking

It's hard to comprehend how bad they are sometimes, it's as if they're deliberately trying to get it wrong and wind people up.

Very difficult not to hate refs. He definitely deserves at least a medium strength slap.
Cheers Mr Harrington on 07:44 - Feb 14 with 752 viewskingo

What makes his actions even worse is that he booked Furlong for being fouled, what on Earth was he watching or did he simply guess and then compound his error with a series of bookings that massaged his ego. So the FA watch video to fine players but not to admit a mistake, that is where the contempt comes from.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Cheers Mr Harrington on 07:55 - Feb 14 with 742 viewsnix

Cheers Mr Harrington on 07:44 - Feb 14 by kingo

What makes his actions even worse is that he booked Furlong for being fouled, what on Earth was he watching or did he simply guess and then compound his error with a series of bookings that massaged his ego. So the FA watch video to fine players but not to admit a mistake, that is where the contempt comes from.

For me it's this but also the inconsistency from referees that drives my contempt. City players were in the referee's face throughout the match but not one booking for arguing and they really didn't look like they were saying polite things to him; we got a number of bookings for it. The only thing that was maybe different was that with our bookings he'd realised he'd cocked up, so booked them all to avoid facing up to that. Rather than feeling the discomfort of getting it wrong, he took it out on our players. Classic Freudian deflection.
Cheers Mr Harrington on 07:57 - Feb 14 with 735 viewskingo

Cheers Mr Harrington on 07:55 - Feb 14 by nix

For me it's this but also the inconsistency from referees that drives my contempt. City players were in the referee's face throughout the match but not one booking for arguing and they really didn't look like they were saying polite things to him; we got a number of bookings for it. The only thing that was maybe different was that with our bookings he'd realised he'd cocked up, so booked them all to avoid facing up to that. Rather than feeling the discomfort of getting it wrong, he took it out on our players. Classic Freudian deflection.

And to add to his one sided view of the match, he didn’t book one of their players for their obvious dissent when he blew and they thought they had scored.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Cheers Mr Harrington on 09:05 - Feb 14 with 636 viewsCroydonCaptJack

That is incredible.
That just shows how bad a decision the ref made, for so many of our players to be that incensed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024