Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brentford last night 12:31 - Feb 14 with 2162 viewsqprxtc

I went to see the greatest ever team play last night.

I have to say I was gobsmacked by this 14th placed Championship side and rarely have I ever seen such a wondrous, beautiful sight. I honestly don’t know why the rest of football ever bothers when they get to see this lot. Football as a sport should just retire, for the pinnacle has been reached. In Hounslow.

Aston Villa obviously knew this as well for they pretty much gave up at 7.45pm and just let this heavenly football smack them round the goolies a few times. It was a magnificent 10-0 win for the home side and the Justice League is glowing with pride of having this team at the top of the tree.

Or… Brentford played well and scored in the 91st minute to beat a sh!t Aston Villa. They rose to 14th in the real world.

They are a good team and I don’t rate our chances on March 2nd but I’ve seen many better QPR sides down the years.

Bollox to the Middlesex Muppets. Great pubs though.
Brentford last night on 13:33 - Feb 14 with 1982 viewsNorthernr

Yeh watched it, they're playing well and winning again just in time for us getting there. Way better last night than the scoreline suggested. Villa were absolutely pony.
Brentford last night on 13:37 - Feb 14 with 1966 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I'm starting to think Villa aren't going to scrape into the playoffs after all.
Every cloud eh.
Brentford last night on 14:01 - Feb 14 with 1925 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Brentford last night on 13:37 - Feb 14 by CroydonCaptJack

I'm starting to think Villa aren't going to scrape into the playoffs after all.
Every cloud eh.

So with this FFP thing very much to the fore at the moment.

If Villa don't go up this season, their losses over current three seasons will have had a certain amount of offset from Prem demotion money, but they have splashed on players who surely must be on top salaries and long (ish) contracts.

Sooo, if the EFL has a sort of finance preview team (as noted by Lee Hoos) then surely next season, bar the sale of the century, they are looking at serious points deduction at some point during the 19/20 season?
Brentford last night on 14:10 - Feb 14 with 1888 viewsNorthernr

Brentford last night on 14:01 - Feb 14 by WrightUp5hit___

So with this FFP thing very much to the fore at the moment.

If Villa don't go up this season, their losses over current three seasons will have had a certain amount of offset from Prem demotion money, but they have splashed on players who surely must be on top salaries and long (ish) contracts.

Sooo, if the EFL has a sort of finance preview team (as noted by Lee Hoos) then surely next season, bar the sale of the century, they are looking at serious points deduction at some point during the 19/20 season?

Yeh this is year three of three. Sop if they are in breach the league will know when they put their advance submission in in a couple of months time, they'll then have the same sort of embargo Birmingham and sheff wed had last summer. Thought the league, helpfully, don't actually announce when clubs are under those. They'll then submit a set of accounts around this time next year and if they are indeed in breach there would be a hearing and a points deduction. I was told Birmingham's hearing was Friday last week and heard previously it will be 12 points so just waiting for that to be announced to see if it's right as that's the first indication of what exactly this all means practically.
Brentford last night on 14:48 - Feb 14 with 1816 viewskingsburyR

This is Villa we are talking about. One of the darlings of the EFL.

They'll get a slap on the wrist and told not to do it again.

God I hope they miss out on the playoffs. (And Liverpool fu(k up the prem again).

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Brentford last night on 15:13 - Feb 14 with 1749 viewsCamberleyR

Brentford last night on 14:10 - Feb 14 by Northernr

Yeh this is year three of three. Sop if they are in breach the league will know when they put their advance submission in in a couple of months time, they'll then have the same sort of embargo Birmingham and sheff wed had last summer. Thought the league, helpfully, don't actually announce when clubs are under those. They'll then submit a set of accounts around this time next year and if they are indeed in breach there would be a hearing and a points deduction. I was told Birmingham's hearing was Friday last week and heard previously it will be 12 points so just waiting for that to be announced to see if it's right as that's the first indication of what exactly this all means practically.

I don't think 12 points is much of a deterrent really. 20 points would be. If you take last season's table then taking 12 points from any team would only have relegated teams that finished 17th or lower. 20 raises that to 12th downwards.

If clubs knew that there was 50% chance of suffering relegation with a 20 point deduction they would definitely think twice before running mad with the cheque book. If Birmingham were imminently going to be docked 20 points rather than 12 it would put them in the bottom three as it stands.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Brentford last night on 15:30 - Feb 14 with 1716 viewsToast_R

Brentford last night on 15:13 - Feb 14 by CamberleyR

I don't think 12 points is much of a deterrent really. 20 points would be. If you take last season's table then taking 12 points from any team would only have relegated teams that finished 17th or lower. 20 raises that to 12th downwards.

If clubs knew that there was 50% chance of suffering relegation with a 20 point deduction they would definitely think twice before running mad with the cheque book. If Birmingham were imminently going to be docked 20 points rather than 12 it would put them in the bottom three as it stands.

On the basis that clubs breaching rules are often trying to get promoted, a 12 point deduction will usually hit them hard in that respect. But again, what if they are promoted before that has been confirmed?
Brentford last night on 15:45 - Feb 14 with 1678 viewsswitchingcode

Stop bigging us up we are 15th.😉
Login to get fewer ads

Brentford last night on 15:48 - Feb 14 with 1667 viewsNorthernr

Brentford last night on 15:30 - Feb 14 by Toast_R

On the basis that clubs breaching rules are often trying to get promoted, a 12 point deduction will usually hit them hard in that respect. But again, what if they are promoted before that has been confirmed?

Fine - Bournemouth.
Brentford last night on 16:03 - Feb 14 with 1609 viewsswitchingcode

If it was so cut and dried why does it take so long to punish these clubs.The whole FFP initiative is a sham and can’t see how it has helped football in general.When did any top flight club go out of business before ffp came along.Maybe they should have been looking at clubs like Blackpool and Bolton a few years back.I hear the Villa are selling their training ground (to a third party 😃)to get a cash input to avoid being in breach of ffp
Brentford last night on 17:17 - Feb 14 with 1474 viewsdaveB

12 points ends Birminghams chances of the playoffs, if it happened to us now we'd be in the bottom 3 so it's a big hit
Brentford last night on 18:02 - Feb 15 with 1111 viewsenfieldargh

Brentford last night on 16:03 - Feb 14 by switchingcode

If it was so cut and dried why does it take so long to punish these clubs.The whole FFP initiative is a sham and can’t see how it has helped football in general.When did any top flight club go out of business before ffp came along.Maybe they should have been looking at clubs like Blackpool and Bolton a few years back.I hear the Villa are selling their training ground (to a third party 😃)to get a cash input to avoid being in breach of ffp

I thought paying for stadiums and training grounds does not come into the ffp picture same as us building costs for wf

Selling their training ground is surely in this bracket

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Brentford last night on 19:39 - Feb 15 with 986 viewsswitchingcode

Brentford last night on 18:02 - Feb 15 by enfieldargh

I thought paying for stadiums and training grounds does not come into the ffp picture same as us building costs for wf

Selling their training ground is surely in this bracket

Not so evidently
Brentford last night on 20:37 - Feb 16 with 591 viewsMiss_Terraces

Villa have conceded 32 goals in 17 games!

The most in the top 4 leagues!

Keep doing, what your doing no26

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024