Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Big boss man referee in charge tomorrow 17:41 - Feb 14 with 2177 viewsNorthernr

Oliver in charge of Watford cup tie - Referee 14th Feb 2019 17:40
The Premier League’s top referee Michael Oliver is the man in the middle on Friday night as QPR host top flight Watford in the fifth round of the FA Cup. 0

Big boss man referee in charge tomorrow on 17:42 - Feb 14 with 2169 viewsflynnbo

Oh well, he'll be on first name terms with them. Lost all faith in referees. Fancy a penalty, Troy?
[Post edited 14 Feb 2019 17:44]
Big boss man referee in charge tomorrow on 18:34 - Feb 14 with 2064 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Big boss man referee in charge tomorrow on 17:42 - Feb 14 by flynnbo

Oh well, he'll be on first name terms with them. Lost all faith in referees. Fancy a penalty, Troy?

the exact thought crossed my mind .He is one of the Prem refs that talks a lot with players and jokes too it looks like.
I hope somewhere it registers that the FA Cup is meant to throw up upsets like the old days and he does effect that.
He sent off Buffon last year in the CL game against RM for protesting /bumping after his bull s**t penalty decision that meant we got to see CR7s amazing abs again .

Lets hope he does not break the under dogs hearts again
Big boss man referee in charge tomorrow on 19:17 - Feb 14 with 1986 viewskingo

Big boss man referee in charge tomorrow on 17:42 - Feb 14 by flynnbo

Snap. I have no faith in referees at all.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Big boss man referee in charge tomorrow on 20:02 - Feb 14 with 1936 viewsNorthernr

Big boss man referee in charge tomorrow on 18:34 - Feb 14 by CLAREMAN1995

the exact thought crossed my mind .He is one of the Prem refs that talks a lot with players and jokes too it looks like.
I hope somewhere it registers that the FA Cup is meant to throw up upsets like the old days and he does effect that.
He sent off Buffon last year in the CL game against RM for protesting /bumping after his bull s**t penalty decision that meant we got to see CR7s amazing abs again .

Lets hope he does not break the under dogs hearts again

To be fair he was right about the Buffon call. It just spoiled the narrative a bit.
If we can't get a performance out of this lad then we may as well pack in, he's the best we've got.
Big boss man referee in charge tomorrow on 21:29 - Feb 14 with 1789 viewsBoston

Big boss man referee in charge tomorrow on 20:02 - Feb 14 by Northernr

To be fair he was right about the Buffon call. It just spoiled the narrative a bit.
If we can't get a performance out of this lad then we may as well pack in, he's the best we've got.

...as we can't play Pinner Paul.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Big boss man referee in charge tomorrow on 23:05 - Feb 14 with 1703 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Big boss man referee in charge tomorrow on 20:02 - Feb 14 by Northernr

I was half joking he is one of the most sensible refs we have and wont be intimidated by any fans baying for penalties or Premiership players getting prefencial treatment
While I strongly defend his sending off of Buffon for aggressive behavior and wish more refs would do it the penalty decision was wrong IMO
Big boss man referee in charge tomorrow on 11:21 - Feb 15 with 1451 viewsBostonR

If he is as good as Mark Clattenburg was against Wigan in the play-off semi at LR I will take that.

Clattenburg was imply outstanding that evening!
Big boss man referee in charge tomorrow on 11:29 - Feb 15 with 1445 viewsYorkRanger

Best ref in the league IMO.
Login to get fewer ads

Big boss man referee in charge tomorrow on 11:30 - Feb 15 with 1439 viewsDavieQPR

They can't risk any of the inept Championship refs as the game is on TV. Would only show how bad they are. Oliver is a pretty good ref.
Big boss man referee in charge tomorrow on 11:45 - Feb 15 with 1417 viewsplasmahoop

A spurs fan at work was complaining like hell about him in their game v Leicester. But I didn't see it
Big boss man referee in charge tomorrow on 11:56 - Feb 15 with 1399 viewsW7Ranger

I noticed the first R's game he reffed was in 2009!

Christ he must only have been about 14 then!!
Big boss man referee in charge tomorrow on 12:11 - Feb 15 with 1380 viewsthemodfather

damn! damn! damn! this schoolboy could mess up screwing in a screw in bulb! bow locks.......looking forward to this even more now, not
Big boss man referee in charge tomorrow on 14:43 - Feb 15 with 1315 viewsPinnerPaul

Big boss man referee in charge tomorrow on 21:29 - Feb 14 by Boston

...as we can't play Pinner Paul.

I would be bloody useless - you're not missing much
Big boss man referee in charge tomorrow on 14:44 - Feb 15 with 1311 viewsPinnerPaul

Big boss man referee in charge tomorrow on 11:21 - Feb 15 by BostonR

If he is as good as Mark Clattenburg was against Wigan in the play-off semi at LR I will take that.

Clattenburg was imply outstanding that evening!

Yep - best performance I have ever seen
Big boss man referee in charge tomorrow on 16:29 - Feb 15 with 1261 viewsdachiltern

Best we've got, talks to players and gives as he sees it. Has to be a Premier ref for the game as a Premier league team is involved.
Big boss man referee in charge tomorrow on 21:54 - Feb 15 with 1136 viewsJuzzie

Watford score from a corner that wasn’t

Watford scored again, offside wrongly given

Luongo booked for a great tackle where he got the ball cleanly

That’s just three key decisions i can think of that were wrong.

Not been a great week for us.
Big boss man referee in charge tomorrow on 22:20 - Feb 15 with 1073 viewsWatford_Ranger

From my poor vantage point, I thought he gave us fk all.

Four minutes? Not that we’d have scored in 14 but still. Four?
Big boss man referee in charge tomorrow on 22:25 - Feb 15 with 1042 viewsMrSheen

He was fine. Not biased because he looks like my daughter’s boyfriend at all.
Big boss man referee in charge tomorrow on 22:48 - Feb 15 with 1001 viewsstowmarketrange

Big boss man referee in charge tomorrow on 22:20 - Feb 15 by Watford_Ranger

From my poor vantage point, I thought he gave us fk all.

Four minutes? Not that we’d have scored in 14 but still. Four?

I didn’t think he was anything special.Missed a few handballs by the Harlem globetrotters and saw the one that we committed in the 2nd half.
We didn’t give him much else to worry about.
Big boss man referee in charge tomorrow on 22:50 - Feb 15 with 995 viewsWatford_Ranger

Big boss man referee in charge tomorrow on 22:48 - Feb 15 by stowmarketrange

I didn’t think he was anything special.Missed a few handballs by the Harlem globetrotters and saw the one that we committed in the 2nd half.
We didn’t give him much else to worry about.

Was thinking more they seemed to get so many soft free kicks. Appreciate it had little impact on the game. Just needed a bit of luck and it’s evaded us again.
Big boss man referee in charge tomorrow on 09:31 - Feb 16 with 800 viewsOldPedro

Big boss man referee in charge tomorrow on 22:50 - Feb 15 by Watford_Ranger

Was thinking more they seemed to get so many soft free kicks. Appreciate it had little impact on the game. Just needed a bit of luck and it’s evaded us again.

Agree on them getting a few soft free kicks in the 2nd half. It did have some effect as we were unable to get the ball back at times as he gave them a free kick for nothing and it meant that we struggled to build any pressure.

What made it worse was he then didn't give us free kicks for similar challenges.

Typical of many premier league refs who seems to favour the premier league team in these sorts of games.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Big boss man referee in charge tomorrow on 09:36 - Feb 16 with 778 viewsStreathamRanger

He may as well have handed Deeney his whistle in the second half the number of decisions he allowed him to make for him. Classic case of prem ref giving prem team the benefit of the doubt. When was the last time we had a player who reffed games a la Grant Holt/Troy Deeney?
Big boss man referee in charge tomorrow on 10:41 - Feb 16 with 731 viewsRassilon

If we had a player who tried influencing the ref, he'd be booked for dissent immediately.
Big boss man referee in charge tomorrow on 08:01 - Feb 17 with 579 viewsnix

Big boss man referee in charge tomorrow on 09:31 - Feb 16 by OldPedro

Agree on them getting a few soft free kicks in the 2nd half. It did have some effect as we were unable to get the ball back at times as he gave them a free kick for nothing and it meant that we struggled to build any pressure.

What made it worse was he then didn't give us free kicks for similar challenges.

Typical of many premier league refs who seems to favour the premier league team in these sorts of games.

I thought exactly that. It does make a difference because you start having to constantly chase possession. This might have contributed to us tiring badly towards the end, together with the three games in six days issue. My enduring problem with referees is the lack of consistency. If you're going to give soft free kicks, and I'd really rather you didn't as it kills the momentum of the game, then you have to give them to both sides.

And really they shouldn't be favouring the Premier sides who already have huge advantages.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024