Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
refs and eze 22:24 - Feb 15 with 1981 viewsdigswellhoop

why a prem ref? why not a championship ref who understand our league .Why did eze not start .played ok but no go for it.
refs and eze on 22:26 - Feb 15 with 1942 viewscolinallcars

From what we've seen of Championship refs this season , I'd take refs from anywhere else.
refs and eze on 22:47 - Feb 15 with 1798 viewsSharpy36

Can`t agree about Eze, don`t think he played well at all. Was taking a lot of instruction on the side lines before he came on, then ran around in a small area of the pitch mainly passing sideways and backwards. Looks low in confidence imo.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

refs and eze on 22:50 - Feb 15 with 1791 viewsstowmarketrange

We lost our main attacking threat when pavel came off in my opinion.Fair enough Wells for Hemed,but Eze didn’t get involved enough.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2019 23:30]
refs and eze on 22:54 - Feb 15 with 1763 viewsdigswellhoop

eze should of started?
refs and eze on 23:02 - Feb 15 with 1690 viewsqprd

Eze was mediocre

But the blame lies w McLaren

Eze was playing much deeper than normally, in the Center of the park. Not where he wants to play. He’s also a good 1-2 player but w him so deep, there wasn’t much opportunities to link up so deep.. He just passed sideways and backwards behind a wall of Watford players.

Ezes work rate is poor but that’s who he is. We can’t change that aspect of his game and we have to accept that he’s not going to get stuck in . McLaren Should know this by now

Yet with Watford playing in possession, and us playing w Matt Smith (who is useless out of possession in the best times, let alone when he’s a spent force) and 9 other tired outfield players who have played 2 times in the past 6 days.... to then bring on Eze and stick him in the middle of midfield.... truly headacratching
refs and eze on 23:28 - Feb 15 with 1534 viewsplasmahoop

I think we have got in a muddle again formation wise. We played some great football in November /December as4 2 3 1. But got worked out. 4 4 2is too easy to play thru, so we've gone back to 3 5 2 to fit Smith in, and fair enough he's played well, but after the first eleven I don't know what the subs should be in that formation. I wasn't sure what formation we were playing in the last 15 minutes. I like the 4 2 3 1 without Smith best and wsolek in the 3, but we need to practice our alternative formations whatever the hell they are as when we change during the games they get worse
refs and eze on 23:29 - Feb 15 with 1523 viewsDejR_vu

refs and eze on 22:50 - Feb 15 by stowmarketrange

We lost our main attacking threat when pavel came off in my opinion.Fair enough Wells for Hemed,but Eze didn’t get involved enough.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2019 23:30]

Dreadful substitution. We lost all momentum. We were never going to get any joy trying to play through the middle.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

refs and eze on 23:31 - Feb 15 with 1496 viewsBoston

Well I thought we played great.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Login to get fewer ads

refs and eze on 13:01 - Feb 16 with 1005 viewsfrancisbowles

I thought we played really well too. Shame about the finishing. Eze and BOS subs too late. BOS showed pace which had them worried but Eze forced to come deep looking for the ball. Hemed disappointing, not for the first time.
refs and eze on 16:50 - Feb 16 with 883 viewsCLAREMAN1995

refs and eze on 13:01 - Feb 16 by francisbowles

I thought we played really well too. Shame about the finishing. Eze and BOS subs too late. BOS showed pace which had them worried but Eze forced to come deep looking for the ball. Hemed disappointing, not for the first time.

Excellent post here francisbowles I thought we played well until the legs went and we lost momentum. One goal would have energized the players and lifted the roof and Watford looked like they would fold to me .
SM knew our starters were basically running on pure heart after this run of games and emotionally shattering defeats and he did not send on the subs in time IMO.
Smith was not himself after the collision and should have been taken off at the half long before Wells .

Lets hope they get the weekend off to rest and heal because we need points now
refs and eze on 18:40 - Feb 16 with 831 viewsaston_hoop

A ref who understands our league? I am reasonably sure he would have reffed for years at this standard before a promotion to the elite list?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

refs and eze on 23:04 - Feb 16 with 750 viewsNorthernr

Yeh because the Championship referees we had for Wigan, Birmingham and Bristol worked well didn’t they? Idiot.
refs and eze on 23:13 - Feb 16 with 733 viewsStanisgod

refs and eze on 18:40 - Feb 16 by aston_hoop

A ref who understands our league? I am reasonably sure he would have reffed for years at this standard before a promotion to the elite list?

Think he got fast tracked.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

refs and eze on 23:16 - Feb 16 with 727 viewsdaveB

I thought the ref did fine, no complaints about him really.

I thought we wasted the last 20 minutes though, i didn't understand any of the subs he made, each one seemed to make us weaker
refs and eze on 16:47 - Feb 19 with 457 viewsPinnerPaul

refs and eze on 23:13 - Feb 16 by Stanisgod

Think he got fast tracked.

3 years in the Northern League, 3 years in the conference, started in the FL in 2007 and appointed to PL in 2010 - so that's 3 years of The Championshiop exclusively and of course since 2010 he has done FL matches/teams.

He was absolutely fine.
refs and eze on 18:33 - Feb 19 with 394 viewsoldmisery

refs and eze on 16:47 - Feb 19 by PinnerPaul

3 years in the Northern League, 3 years in the conference, started in the FL in 2007 and appointed to PL in 2010 - so that's 3 years of The Championshiop exclusively and of course since 2010 he has done FL matches/teams.

He was absolutely fine.

Apart from a myopic tendency regarding Watford's deliberate handballs, yes he was fine but I like my referees to have kicked a ball or two in their previous lives.

Oliver was born in 1985 and started as a ref in the Northern League at 18 years of age and in the Football League at 22, initially because he was the son of a referee.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024