Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just back 23:10 - Feb 15 with 4924 viewsBklynRanger

A game of fine margins against an expensively assembled team. Some things could have been done better at both ends but I was proud of us so no point talking about it.

On the Ellerslie Road afterwards there was a whole 'EPL' style camera and light crew scene interviewing a Watford fan - quickly swarmed by children screaming 'Watford are shit'.

Proud and gutted in equal measure.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2019 23:19]
Just back on 11:45 - Feb 16 with 947 viewsthemodfather

even sober, I still think we were better but never worried gomes.
lloungo had to score and it changes the game, he didn't...they took their only chance, mis-hit and thru they go. I hate tw@t-ford even more. they have no fans etc....lol
Just back on 11:46 - Feb 16 with 945 viewsTheChef

Just back on 11:12 - Feb 16 by NW5Hoop

I thought Watford were obviously the better team, but we had the better of the game, if you see what I mean. When they needed to be, they were better than us at crucial times in crucial areas. But I thought we gave them a very good game, and we certainly wouldn't have been undeserved winners.

Cousins was excellent last night. Freeman was more noticeable, but Cousins had a brilliant game mopping things up and playing sensible passes.

Thought Freeman didn't see enough of the ball second half, and the subs really didn't help us, lost our rhythm in the last 20 minutes. I'd have waited another ten minutes as we still had some impetus, and Wells and Pav were not the players I'd hooked. Did Hemed touch the ball when he came on?

Still you look where they are and where we are, it was a great effort, just a shame we have nothing to show for it.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Just back on 11:50 - Feb 16 with 920 viewsMytch_QPR

IF...

We had gone in level at half time I think we could have won that - they would have become more nervy as time went on, and we kept on attacking.

But, as others have said, nothing to be ashamed of at all in terms of effort and support. I missed the Leeds game, but the Pompey and Watford games have been entertaining diversions from the league fixtures at £15 a ticket - maybe we'll make a habit of it in future (!)

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Just back on 12:53 - Feb 16 with 809 viewsPunteR

Just back on 10:48 - Feb 16 by francisbowles

I think you need two defenders go to mark when two opponents move to take a corner, otherwise you have a two on one develop if they do play it short.

I guess you're right mate but we were a bit all over the shop on that corner. I haven't seen the replays though. Its done now anyway. Not trying to have a pop at the team who played well for most of the game.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Just back on 15:04 - Feb 16 with 720 viewsterryb

Looking from behind the goal in the Upper Loft, the chances of Lumley getting near the goal were zero! Watching the BBC highlights it looked as if Smith might have blocked the shot, but again, from behind the goal I thought he had no chance.

If the scorer had hit the ball as he intended, he might not have found the one angle that resulted in a goal.

There was nothing to be downhearted about last night, but I never felt that we would equalise.
Just back on 15:17 - Feb 16 with 690 viewspaulparker

You can’t fault the effort we just seemed to run out of ideas in the 2nd half by the 60th minute I couldn’t see us doing anything to them, the frustrating this you look at teams like Millwall and how they seem to bully teams and I reckon If they would have played that Watford team they would have won 2-1 I thought we seemed to accept the result come the end , the Eze sub should have been made with 30 minutes to go not 15
Wasn’t impressed with Lumley either his kicking was awful and he didn’t cover himself with glory for the goal it’s a shame as that game was there for the taking
It’s all about staying up as I think we could get dragged into a relegation battle

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Just back on 23:56 - Feb 16 with 529 viewsdaveB

I thought Cousins moving to right wing back and Eze playing deep in midfield cost us a chance to get back in the game. That and Wells finishing, one of the most over rated strikers we've had in recent years, if he wasn't on loan from a prem team he'd be getting slated. He has a good touch at times and good movement but too often his finishing is poor. Saying that was an odd call to take him off as Hemed offered nothing again
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024