Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Loans 14:53 - Feb 16 with 4910 viewsconnell10

Got 4 starting today for various clubs which is great!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Loans on 17:02 - Feb 16 with 3930 viewsterryb

Chair has scored two for Stevenage & has also hit the post & the bar.

Ahoever was covering their game for Sky was very complimentary about him.
Loans on 17:05 - Feb 16 with 3912 viewsconnell10

Yes Tel he is playing well for Stevenage, also Deing on loan at Dundee is getting a lot of good reviews.

Loans on 17:18 - Feb 16 with 3856 viewspaulparker

Smyth tore Sunderland apart last night, he should be in our first team or at least used as an impact sub instead of the expensive inervective Hamed

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Loans on 17:24 - Feb 16 with 3830 viewstraininvain

He’s better off on loan playing every week as opposed to getting minutes off the bench. He’ll come back a better player for us to benefit next season. Chair likewise.
Loans on 17:33 - Feb 16 with 3796 viewsqprd

Loans on 17:24 - Feb 16 by traininvain

He’s better off on loan playing every week as opposed to getting minutes off the bench. He’ll come back a better player for us to benefit next season. Chair likewise.

Chair scored two lovely goals late to equalise against Lincoln

Definitely much better off playing every week
Loans on 17:43 - Feb 16 with 3756 viewstraininvain

Loans on 17:33 - Feb 16 by qprd

Agreed. Young players can be very inconsistent which is understandable as they’re still developing. See Lumley and Eze for example.

We’re not in a position to take the risk of having 4 or 5 young players starting every week in the Championship needing results while they learn the ropes. It’s not fair to put them in such a position as it could quite easily break them.

Much better off letting them play regularly elsewhere to develop or make mistakes so they are better prepared for next season or whenever they are ready to play first team football.
Loans on 18:32 - Feb 16 with 3604 viewsaston_hoop

Couple of quotes from the Stevo message board about Chair...

"Better than Luke Freeman and George Boyd"

"This kid will be up there with one of the best to ever play for us"

I think they like him..

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Loans on 18:33 - Feb 16 with 3597 viewsGloucs_R

Loans on 17:05 - Feb 16 by connell10

Yes Tel he is playing well for Stevenage, also Deing on loan at Dundee is getting a lot of good reviews.

Is he? I've read a few dodgy goals leaked because of him.

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

Login to get fewer ads

Loans on 18:51 - Feb 16 with 3560 viewsconnell10

Loans on 18:33 - Feb 16 by Gloucs_R

I’ve also read he has saved Dundee a few points since he has been there , what’s your point mate? Are you saying I’m just making things up?

Loans on 20:01 - Feb 16 with 3456 viewsGloucs_R

Loans on 18:51 - Feb 16 by connell10

I’ve also read he has saved Dundee a few points since he has been there , what’s your point mate? Are you saying I’m just making things up?

Lol. No, that was a genuine is he? Just that I've read mixed reviews buddy. Let in a couple of dodgy goals, maybe his 2nd and 3rd game. Also read that he's rated more highly than Lumley by some.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2019 20:02]

Loans on 20:07 - Feb 16 with 3428 viewsrsonist

I like it, I like it a lot.
Loans on 20:25 - Feb 16 with 3396 viewssmegma

Loans on 18:51 - Feb 16 by connell10

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/dundee-boss-jim-mcintyre-delighted-at-on-l
Loans on 20:32 - Feb 16 with 3377 viewssmegma

Loans on 17:33 - Feb 16 by qprd

And Lincoln were two up with both goals by Bruno Andrade.
Loans on 20:36 - Feb 16 with 3364 viewssmegma

Loans on 18:33 - Feb 16 by Gloucs_R

He made a crucial double save today that the press say won the 3 points.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47181181
Loans on 20:37 - Feb 16 with 3358 viewsGloucs_R

Loans on 20:36 - Feb 16 by smegma

He made a crucial double save today that the press say won the 3 points.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47181181

Cheers. You've obviously seen him more than most, what are your thoughts? Will be challenge Lumley next season?

Do you think Ingram will go?

Loans on 20:50 - Feb 16 with 3331 viewssmegma

Loans on 20:37 - Feb 16 by Gloucs_R

Cheers. You've obviously seen him more than most, what are your thoughts? Will be challenge Lumley next season?

Do you think Ingram will go?

He played 22 times for the under 23s last season. He was third in line behind Smithies and Ingram. Going out on loan this season was essential and it appears he has risen to the challenge at the various clubs he's played at. I said this time last year Lumley was the best keeper on the books in the 8 games he played for the 23s. But in Diengs defence, he put in one of the best performances you will ever see last season in a friendly at Billericay Town . How we won is a mystery as he pulled off half a dozen worldies. I believe it was essextaxiboy who I spoke to in the ground at half time and we were both drooling about him on here the next day.
Loans on 20:54 - Feb 16 with 3310 viewsNorthernr

Chair killing it.
Loans on 21:33 - Feb 16 with 3229 viewsbosh67

I think given our financial position that Chair, Smyth, Oteh, Owens and Dieng will all be regular parts of the first team next season. I know some people don't rate Manning but with BOS, Oteh, Chair, Smyth etc Manning is very good centrally threading through balls between defenders and into the channels.

Realistically, even on long contracts how long will we be able to keep the likes of Freeman or even Eze. The club is still losing money and next season I think we may well be a team full of young players, perhaps with one or two senior loans in to help them out. Will Bidwell, Pav, Cousins get new contracts? Only if we have a budget to keep them.

I think we have to accept that the 2019/2020 season is going to be the beginning of a new era for the club. We will rely far more heavily on the academy in my humble opinion. It will be interesting to see if McClaren stays at the helm for it. In many ways he may have no choice next season.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Loans on 05:18 - Feb 17 with 3040 viewsLoftgirl

Loans on 17:18 - Feb 16 by paulparker

Smyth tore Sunderland apart last night, he should be in our first team or at least used as an impact sub instead of the expensive inervective Hamed

"inervective Hamed" Brilliant.
Loans on 11:16 - Feb 17 with 2828 viewseghamranger

Goss played 71 minutes for St Johnstone against Rangers.

Ended 0-0 so obviously did ok, cos Gerrard wasn’t happy!!
Loans on 11:50 - Feb 17 with 2772 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Loans on 21:33 - Feb 16 by bosh67

I think given our financial position that Chair, Smyth, Oteh, Owens and Dieng will all be regular parts of the first team next season. I know some people don't rate Manning but with BOS, Oteh, Chair, Smyth etc Manning is very good centrally threading through balls between defenders and into the channels.

Realistically, even on long contracts how long will we be able to keep the likes of Freeman or even Eze. The club is still losing money and next season I think we may well be a team full of young players, perhaps with one or two senior loans in to help them out. Will Bidwell, Pav, Cousins get new contracts? Only if we have a budget to keep them.

I think we have to accept that the 2019/2020 season is going to be the beginning of a new era for the club. We will rely far more heavily on the academy in my humble opinion. It will be interesting to see if McClaren stays at the helm for it. In many ways he may have no choice next season.

Not to be critical as I would like to see it happen, but wasn't this season meant to be the 'new era' for us? When we played Birmingham with all the youngsters that was it. No new signings bar Leistner, the youth coming in. Everyone happy. 4 games in and we signed four panic buys and left Eze and Lumley in, and Furlong. Not saying I don't want it to happen but I'm just worried McClaren may play the safety option again rather than risking it with the kids and getting sacked after four games

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Loans on 12:16 - Feb 17 with 2722 viewsrichranger

Chair's goals yesterday - both pure class :>)
https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11639691/chairs-magnificen
Loans on 12:22 - Feb 17 with 2710 viewskarl

Loans on 11:16 - Feb 17 by eghamranger

Goss played 71 minutes for St Johnstone against Rangers.

Ended 0-0 so obviously did ok, cos Gerrard wasn’t happy!!

BBC Scotland pundits saying he has slotted in well to St Johnstone midfield, I did think this would be a defining move for him as Tommy Wright always puts out a well structured team and players have to work within it and work hard, hopefully be a good spell for him.
Rowan Vine even played well for him!
Loans on 12:22 - Feb 17 with 2710 viewsBklynRanger

Loans on 12:16 - Feb 17 by richranger

Chair's goals yesterday - both pure class :>)
https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11639691/chairs-magnificen

Jeee-sus!
Loans on 12:23 - Feb 17 with 2705 viewsCamberleyR

Loans on 11:50 - Feb 17 by RANGERS4EVER

Not to be critical as I would like to see it happen, but wasn't this season meant to be the 'new era' for us? When we played Birmingham with all the youngsters that was it. No new signings bar Leistner, the youth coming in. Everyone happy. 4 games in and we signed four panic buys and left Eze and Lumley in, and Furlong. Not saying I don't want it to happen but I'm just worried McClaren may play the safety option again rather than risking it with the kids and getting sacked after four games

You won't achieve anything with an eleven made up of inexperienced kids except maybe a relegation. As I've said before, the class of '92 at Man U wouldn't have achieved what they did initially (a double no less) if there wasn't the likes of Bruce, Irwin, Pallister, Cantona etc alongside them. A good team will always have a blend of young players and experienced players.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024