Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Watford bring curtain down on QPR's cup hopes - Report 16:31 - Feb 17 with 1819 viewsNorthernr

Watford bring curtain down on QPR's cup hopes - Report 17th Feb 2019 16:31
QPR's dreams of a quarter final appearance in this season's FA Cup were dashed by Watford on Friday night amidst a host of missed chances at Loftus Road. 15

Watford bring curtain down on QPR's cup hopes - Report on 17:54 - Feb 17 with 1594 viewsFredManRave

Brilliant write up, as per....

I'll just leave this here;

"Whatever it is we’re being punished for just fùcking tell us so we can promise never, ever, ever to do anything remotely like it again because this is really starting to boil my piss now".

If anybody does actually have the answer...

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Watford bring curtain down on QPR's cup hopes - Report on 19:46 - Feb 17 with 1412 viewsstevec

Don’t know if it’s a loss of confidence but Lumley doesn’t seem to be diving full out lately .

Seems to be dropping rather than diving.
Watford bring curtain down on QPR's cup hopes - Report on 22:05 - Feb 17 with 1204 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Thanks Clive - great report as always

Yes with the goal agree Lumley could have done better - he seemed to be slow at diving and not fully stretched out. Could we have had a man on the post (which would have covered it?)

Lumley's performances have gone downhill significantly since his injury at Villa.

Only other question is if the ground was sold out why was the attendance 17,212 when our capacity is 18,439?
(I was watching it via a stream as the FA Cup is not shown in Australia this season).

PS Nearly 3 days later still feel down about this result - it was a great opportunity for us.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2019 22:10]
Watford bring curtain down on QPR's cup hopes - Report on 23:07 - Feb 17 with 1124 viewsdaveB

Watford bring curtain down on QPR's cup hopes - Report on 22:05 - Feb 17 by superhoopdownunder

Thanks Clive - great report as always

Yes with the goal agree Lumley could have done better - he seemed to be slow at diving and not fully stretched out. Could we have had a man on the post (which would have covered it?)

Lumley's performances have gone downhill significantly since his injury at Villa.

Only other question is if the ground was sold out why was the attendance 17,212 when our capacity is 18,439?
(I was watching it via a stream as the FA Cup is not shown in Australia this season).

PS Nearly 3 days later still feel down about this result - it was a great opportunity for us.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2019 22:10]

Watford end had a block empty which is why it was less than 18,000
Watford bring curtain down on QPR's cup hopes - Report on 23:25 - Feb 17 with 1112 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Watford bring curtain down on QPR's cup hopes - Report on 23:07 - Feb 17 by daveB

Watford end had a block empty which is why it was less than 18,000

Thanks DaveB
Watford bring curtain down on QPR's cup hopes - Report on 01:06 - Feb 18 with 1054 viewsstainrods_elbow

I noted that, which I found strange. But I don't think that little empty block amounts to 1,200 seats, does it?

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Watford bring curtain down on QPR's cup hopes - Report on 08:10 - Feb 18 with 909 viewsNorthernr

Watford bring curtain down on QPR's cup hopes - Report on 01:06 - Feb 18 by stainrods_elbow

I noted that, which I found strange. But I don't think that little empty block amounts to 1,200 seats, does it?

Couple of blocks upstairs as well, behind the TV studio. That plus no shows probably gets you there.
Watford bring curtain down on QPR's cup hopes - Report on 08:27 - Feb 18 with 878 viewsTheChef

Watford bring curtain down on QPR's cup hopes - Report on 17:54 - Feb 17 by FredManRave

Brilliant write up, as per....

I'll just leave this here;

"Whatever it is we’re being punished for just fùcking tell us so we can promise never, ever, ever to do anything remotely like it again because this is really starting to boil my piss now".

If anybody does actually have the answer...

We're still in karma debt for daring to win the play off final at Wembley.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Login to get fewer ads

Watford bring curtain down on QPR's cup hopes - Report on 09:59 - Feb 18 with 797 viewsrsonist

Spot on report, and no I don't think you are being unfair.

Or rather maybe you would be, if it were a league fixture, but it wasn't. We have been (however briefly) reminded that the cup is for irrational dreams of beating the tedious odds, just for one game - and we just didn't rise to the occasion, not really if we're honest.

Even though McClaren's the only one that got us here Friday still made me turn against him a bit if I'm brutally honest - made me miss Ollie, and Warnock. In the league drudgery I'm patient and understanding of Steve's diligent, methodical work - but here was just another hard luck tale from football's Old Gil. If only Carson hadn't, if only Zamora hadn't, if only the Dutch language hadn't... still, nice fella though.... sighhh.

Fine, I know, this is such an unfair take. But then why does it feel so true?

And oh what you wouldn't have given for Smyth there to come on as sub too.
Watford bring curtain down on QPR's cup hopes - Report on 10:13 - Feb 18 with 774 viewsjonno

Another excellent report. Agree that it was a game we could have won but as usual we make too many mistakes and miss chances when we create them. Watford's goal was the sort of thing you see over the park - an opposition player in about twenty yards of space from a corner (which should never happen at this level of football), he totally mishits it and it finds another attacker unmarked in the penalty area who hits a weak attempt which the goalkeeper should save every time but it goes in anyway. A joke goal. A shame really, because Watford weren't great and it was a game we could have won.
Watford bring curtain down on QPR's cup hopes - Report on 10:26 - Feb 18 with 749 viewsElHoop

I wasn't in line with the shot for their goal or the chance that BFG missed and the TV camera angles told you nothing much about those moments either. Goal could have been deflected or Lumley was unsighted and BFG could have been coming in wide of the post and having to deflect it back from where it came whilst on the slide. So i would be guessing to say it was poor goalkeeping or a terrible open goal miss.

Was a great ball in by Furlong and Smith didn't gamble on it and make a run so it ended up with BFG having a go. Smith was probably knackered to be fair. Freeman obviously put himself in the shop window big time, but i thought that Furlong didn't do himself any harm either.
Watford bring curtain down on QPR's cup hopes - Report on 11:03 - Feb 18 with 710 viewsfrancisbowles

Great report as usual and hats off again for all the work you have done lately, in keeping everything going during this manic spell.

Agree with almost all of it. The one point where I differ is the ref.

I am loathe to criticise refs too much, as many years ago I was a level 1 myself and know how hard it is. Also, after the recent officiating we have witnessed, I am not saying this wasn't an improvement.

However, I think an eight is a bit over the top. I thought he started well letting the game flow and letting small things go evenly. As the game progressed it did seem like Watford, Deeney in particular, were in his ear and it would have looked better and been fairer if he been stronger and been seen to stop it. It appeared as the game progressed that he started giving soft free kicks whereas he would have let it flow earlier and almost all of these went Watford's way. I wasn't sure that Luongo deserved a booking but I haven't seen it again and once again sat in SA Rd the ladies around me were treated to a view of the naked flesh on big Matt's back in the Loftus Rd penalty area.

Not saying he was poor, a lot better than we have had but I was disappointed as it was average and I expected more. I would have thought six would be sufficient.

It's about time our luck changed a bit though, maybe one of those Sylla type moments where the keeper drops it at his feet or we scuff one in or the keeper makes a terrible clearance and we take advantage.

We go again tomorrow.
Watford bring curtain down on QPR's cup hopes - Report on 11:11 - Feb 18 with 699 viewsPommyhoop

Great report Norf..
'' A mere bee sting. Did they use the paddles? Call me when they use the paddles.'' deserves an old skool PMSL

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Watford bring curtain down on QPR's cup hopes - Report on 14:35 - Feb 18 with 570 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Watford bring curtain down on QPR's cup hopes - Report on 10:26 - Feb 18 by ElHoop

I wasn't in line with the shot for their goal or the chance that BFG missed and the TV camera angles told you nothing much about those moments either. Goal could have been deflected or Lumley was unsighted and BFG could have been coming in wide of the post and having to deflect it back from where it came whilst on the slide. So i would be guessing to say it was poor goalkeeping or a terrible open goal miss.

Was a great ball in by Furlong and Smith didn't gamble on it and make a run so it ended up with BFG having a go. Smith was probably knackered to be fair. Freeman obviously put himself in the shop window big time, but i thought that Furlong didn't do himself any harm either.

On first viewing I thought BFG went after with his wrong leg and he confirmed that on the Website but either way it was a tough finish but one we deserved so badly.Most fans agree we just looked out of ideas as well as being tired in the last 20 minutes .
As for the Ref its just natural that he would be chatting with TD seeing him pretty much on a regular basis and he is Watfords captain right ?I know it looks like collusion but I don't think he screwed us.Maybe the corner they scored from was a bad decision (thought it was a goal kick myself )but he seemed pretty fair to me .
Our Keeper is not the same since that blow to the face that is indisputable and it could take a while to get that fearless/recklessness back that a keeper has to possess to be dominant Proud of this team and the loyal fans that pay their money down week after week its not easy bleeding blue and white
Watford bring curtain down on QPR's cup hopes - Report on 14:51 - Feb 18 with 546 viewstraininvain

Watford bring curtain down on QPR's cup hopes - Report on 09:59 - Feb 18 by rsonist

Spot on report, and no I don't think you are being unfair.

Or rather maybe you would be, if it were a league fixture, but it wasn't. We have been (however briefly) reminded that the cup is for irrational dreams of beating the tedious odds, just for one game - and we just didn't rise to the occasion, not really if we're honest.

Even though McClaren's the only one that got us here Friday still made me turn against him a bit if I'm brutally honest - made me miss Ollie, and Warnock. In the league drudgery I'm patient and understanding of Steve's diligent, methodical work - but here was just another hard luck tale from football's Old Gil. If only Carson hadn't, if only Zamora hadn't, if only the Dutch language hadn't... still, nice fella though.... sighhh.

Fine, I know, this is such an unfair take. But then why does it feel so true?

And oh what you wouldn't have given for Smyth there to come on as sub too.

Smyth's long term development will benefit a lot more from him playing first team football every week. And Chair.

Hopefully we'll benefit next season from them playing 90 mins or thereabouts every week as opposed to the odd appearance for us.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024