Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hope 18:22 - Feb 17 with 10246 viewsqprxtc

It’s not the hope that kills you, hope is what keeps me coming back for more to support this lot. The hope that maybe, maybe we could... we could. Hope isn’t bad. It’s what it’s all about. Why else do we support this team that won one trophy in 134 years?

It’s not the hope that kills you. It’s the very fact that that hope is being driven out of the game that kills you and questions all your life choices like never before. I’ve spent how much and travelled how far? For this?

Dave Mc never much liked Gerry Francis and I remember having a row with him in a station in Oldham about it, I think after a 1-4 defeat. He was adamant that we were not far off winning the league but Gerry’s tactics were scuppernong this. I wasn’t mad with him about our chances but I thought he was talking Bollox about the tactics. This was 1994. We had hope. So much that we could argue about it. I hadn’t yet tried to drunkenly chat up his girlfriend and the Premier League was only two years old. We were young.

Hope. It’s last orders at the bar mate. You can take your Leicester pal with you and put him in a cab, you can’t all handle it. The hope has been taken away systematically and deliberately. Money cannot allow it and In something as disparate as sport it needs to control its environment as much as it can. Winning trophies is not the point, glory doesn’t pay as much as 17th. Or even relegation.

We got relegated in 1978/79, my first season going down here. I saw us win three games and I missed the 5-1 win over Coventry. Typical. But that made me into the idiot I am now. It mattered, QPR were capable. We could. Probably wouldn’t ...but.

There are no more buts. After Friday, watching a Watford team with not much ambition, bore me to death with their professional premier league quality and sitting there thinking, “things are not going to get better for us, no matter how much hope I have’, well, f*ck it. Is this worth it? All the energy expended on something I have no control over? That makes me drink beyond capability? That makes me f*cking miserable?

1992 and all f*cking that.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2019 18:24]
Hope on 20:33 - Feb 17 with 10129 viewskropotkin41

No, definitely not worth it. Completely f*cking stupid. And every season that passes makes it more stupid than it's ever been. ............

Yep........ now see if you can switch off caring about it. I've tried and I can't.

Good luck.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Hope on 15:12 - Feb 18 with 9950 viewsrunningman75

My first R's match December 1977, 8 year old boy we lost 1-0 to Newcastle and I loved the club. On Friday I left the ground for the first time in ages back in love with the club. We lost and got knocked out of a cup. Seem a have a new cult hero in BFG despite people slagging him off about passing. Matt Smith who is a donkey (according to some) but a handful.
Seeing Eze and Kakay chatting to each other among the subs half time warming up that whatever the future we will hopefully get some younger players coming through again.

Hope is leaving a mundane working week and turning up at Loftus Road only sometimes to be left disappointed. It is like going for a steak but to be served some tofu yet we return. QPR is in our hearts. Life is difficult, tough a lot of the time.
I got back with an ex after a long absence as realized the grass is not always greener. She is the person for me. QPR is the team for me and football is empty and unemotional elsewhere.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024