Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Guitar, drum and bass 21:04 - Feb 17 with 1655 viewshubble

Has anyone been watching this BBC 4 series? The first one on guitar I found a bit meh, but the second one on bass, with Tina Weymouth as guide, is utterly brilliant: https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m00023xl/guitar-drum-and-bass-series-1-2-o

Features several guaranteed eye-openers!

Guitar, drum and bass on 23:58 - Feb 17 with 1569 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I'll check that out Hud.
Guitar, drum and bass on 10:23 - Feb 18 with 1451 viewsDorse

I agree about the guitar one - nothing that hasn't already been BBC4'd to death. The Bass one was great (even though I was gutted not to see Les Claypool or Geddy Lee - my heroes - get a mention). However, the drums episode with Stewart Copeland blew my mind: the section with him a Sheila E was transcendent.

For a different slant on Copeland / Claypool's work check out Oysterhead which features both of them as well as Trey Anastasio from Phish. Claypool's insane bass funk-polka, Trey's whale-song guitar and Copeland frantic jazz rhythms add up to something really special. Guitar bass and drums right there!

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Guitar, drum and bass on 10:49 - Feb 18 with 1431 viewsted_hendrix

Watched the guitar one on iPlayer last night, as said above It's all been pretty much done before but there were a few interesting 'snippet's re Denmark Street and the vintage pedals.
Gotta say I gave up when they interviewed the bloody Edge, whilst accepting the bands world wide popularity U2 is one band that never done it for me.

Hey Joe.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Guitar, drum and bass on 11:02 - Feb 18 with 1417 viewsPommyhoop

Guitar, drum and bass on 10:49 - Feb 18 by ted_hendrix

Watched the guitar one on iPlayer last night, as said above It's all been pretty much done before but there were a few interesting 'snippet's re Denmark Street and the vintage pedals.
Gotta say I gave up when they interviewed the bloody Edge, whilst accepting the bands world wide popularity U2 is one band that never done it for me.

Hey Joe.

At last . Somewhere I can leave this Pearl..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Guitar, drum and bass on 13:43 - Feb 18 with 1360 viewshubble

Guitar, drum and bass on 10:49 - Feb 18 by ted_hendrix

Hey Joe.

The bass one is way, way better Ted. Well worth a watch. I haven't actually got round to watching the drums one yet, but after Dorse's ringing enDorsement, I will do tonight.
Guitar, drum and bass on 15:31 - Feb 18 with 1329 viewscolinallcars

Have to admit I haven't watched any of them as I don't think the Beeb does this sort of thing well.I was further put off when it said “ progressed to grime “ if that's progression, leave me out.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2019 15:43]
Guitar, drum and bass on 15:47 - Feb 18 with 1315 viewskensalriser

Seconded.

Weymouth did a brilliant job and I got the sense that she had a lot of input in the subject matter and wasn't just, ahem, a talking head. I always think it devalues a documentary when it's presented by a random with no real feeling for the content.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024