Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The surely it can't be a 7-1 double WBA match thread 06:47 - Feb 19 with 21796 viewsdavman

Going early. Hopefully none of you going tonight will need to go early...

Too many losses on the trot and too much standing off the oppo in our home games make me think this may be another hard, hard night.

If we carry on the second half v Brum and how we played in the Cup, we have a chance, but if it is a timid start like Brum, Preston or most games at home since Christmas, we will get stuffed.

Luck needs to turn and surely we'll put a winning performance in soon, but I fear not tonight.

1-3 defeat

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

The surely it can't be a 7-1 double WBA match thread on 21:43 - Feb 19 with 2033 viewstraininvain

The surely it can't be a 7-1 double WBA match thread on 21:40 - Feb 19 by paulparker

We are in a relegation battle

We’ll be fine. It’s been a tough run against some good teams. If we carry on playing like we have over the last few games results will turn pretty quickly.
The surely it can't be a 7-1 double WBA match thread on 21:43 - Feb 19 with 2032 viewsMrSheen

Total sickener. Tremendous game, not that it helps.
The surely it can't be a 7-1 double WBA match thread on 21:44 - Feb 19 with 1986 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Didn't deserve that. Draw fair result.
The surely it can't be a 7-1 double WBA match thread on 21:44 - Feb 19 with 1973 viewsYorkRanger

Can someone make it end
The surely it can't be a 7-1 double WBA match thread on 21:44 - Feb 19 with 1961 viewsstevec

I don’t like blaming bad luck but fck me we are unlucky.

Someone find that gypsy and give him his car back.
The surely it can't be a 7-1 double WBA match thread on 21:45 - Feb 19 with 1918 viewsMatch82

Of all of the injury time crp we've gone through in the past couple of weeks, that one hurt the most. The look on the faces of the players at the end, sheer disbelief. I'm worried about how we are going to respond to this one
The surely it can't be a 7-1 double WBA match thread on 21:46 - Feb 19 with 1872 viewspaulparker

The surely it can't be a 7-1 double WBA match thread on 21:42 - Feb 19 by kropotkin41

Well, we're still 10 points clear of the relegation zone. Just need to turn the corner.

When, by the way, is Rangel back?

10 points is not that much of a gap when you keep losing
Before the goal hemad a simple ball to bright who was clear through instead we just hoof it back to them , when you cannot defend then your in trouble, how many goals have we conceded lately
Everytime a team goes forward we look like we are gonna Sh1t ourselves

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The surely it can't be a 7-1 double WBA match thread on 21:47 - Feb 19 with 1787 viewskropotkin41

The surely it can't be a 7-1 double WBA match thread on 21:45 - Feb 19 by Match82

Of all of the injury time crp we've gone through in the past couple of weeks, that one hurt the most. The look on the faces of the players at the end, sheer disbelief. I'm worried about how we are going to respond to this one

I think that that is the problem. Morale has seemed really good, but we've had a f*cking awful time since New Year. Hope SM can make sure we don't just collapse now. Every fixture looking like a mountain to climb now.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Login to get fewer ads

The surely it can't be a 7-1 double WBA match thread on 21:48 - Feb 19 with 1758 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Feel sick
The surely it can't be a 7-1 double WBA match thread on 21:48 - Feb 19 with 1733 viewsToast_R

Bristol City was worse IMO because that was the referee being a c*nt. If we can keep up the level of our overall performances we will start winning again. Felt we werent far off winning tonight but for Lynch's obligatory f*ckup and Freeman going off. WBA's wage bill must absolutely eclipse ours.
The surely it can't be a 7-1 double WBA match thread on 21:49 - Feb 19 with 1719 viewsdodge_stoke_r

The surely it can't be a 7-1 double WBA match thread on 21:46 - Feb 19 by paulparker

10 points is not that much of a gap when you keep losing
Before the goal hemad a simple ball to bright who was clear through instead we just hoof it back to them , when you cannot defend then your in trouble, how many goals have we conceded lately
Everytime a team goes forward we look like we are gonna Sh1t ourselves

Correct and to be honest although a long way out, he would have had a pretty clean run as West Brom had all but one defender and the keeper in our box
The surely it can't be a 7-1 double WBA match thread on 21:50 - Feb 19 with 1682 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Freeman going off injured and being down to ten men for the last 10-15 minutes (including injury time) was telling and unfortunately cost us a point
The surely it can't be a 7-1 double WBA match thread on 21:50 - Feb 19 with 1664 viewsJuzzie

Jesus, what a day. Motorbike konks out on the way to work this morning (thankfully found out this evening it’s just a cut-out switch that’s worn out and is easily replaceable) and had to get the train to work and back in full motorbike clobber.
Shit day at work (covering for someone who is on holiday)
Now this.

Sheesh.
The surely it can't be a 7-1 double WBA match thread on 21:50 - Feb 19 with 1661 viewsdavman

We are remaining competitive in these games, but when are we going to play a team that loses their most attacking threat to injury 12 minutes before the end of an even game to go down to 10 men who then have to defend deep inviting pressure that leads to an inevitable winner with thelastfckingkickofthegame?

Can someone look after Clive tonight as this may well tip him over the edge...

That curse is back, or did it never go away?

Hate football right now...

Fckn Lynch...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

The surely it can't be a 7-1 double WBA match thread on 21:52 - Feb 19 with 1607 viewsFDC

In a restaurant, been following by text. Sat here totally forlorn. When will this cruelest of runs end. Unbelievable. Ffs
The surely it can't be a 7-1 double WBA match thread on 21:55 - Feb 19 with 1551 viewsR_from_afar

An agonising watch. We were on top then gifted them a goal.
We got level then were reduced to 10 men.

So cruel, so hard on the players, that was a tremendous effort and deserved a point.

I thought we might suffer a serious drubbing too.

We desperately need a result soon but the desire, organisation and effort are there. I'm proud of them.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

The surely it can't be a 7-1 double WBA match thread on 21:58 - Feb 19 with 1476 views2Thomas2Bowles

Lynch fecked up but our first came from a mistake

Well's is well off form had a good chance and fluffed around
Hard for any team to play the last 10+5 with 10 against a good team
Players were knackered
Not the worse defeat
Football has never really been fair

I think Eze is a crab no real threat
[Post edited 19 Feb 2019 22:00]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

The surely it can't be a 7-1 double WBA match thread on 22:01 - Feb 19 with 1437 viewsjohncharles

Fk bum poo and sh1t

Strong and stable my arse.

The surely it can't be a 7-1 double WBA match thread on 22:08 - Feb 19 with 1370 viewsEmpireStateRanger

I was watching at work over here in the states and I told my co-worker "heartbreak at 90 +2" when Freeman went off.

At least my heart wasn't broken for an extra two minutes.
The surely it can't be a 7-1 double WBA match thread on 22:09 - Feb 19 with 1361 viewsVancouverHoop

The surely it can't be a 7-1 double WBA match thread on 21:58 - Feb 19 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Players were knackered
Not the worse defeat

All true (except Eze the crab).

It's hard to swallow, because if they'd been a good defensive team with a mediocre attack we'd probably have held on. But they were just the opposite.

I hope SM rest Wells on Saturday. His confidence is low and seems as if he's playing on fumes. Hemed did enough to earn a start today I think. Eze's been told to improve defensively and that, I think, is why he's passing back and sideways so much. We know he can take players on but isn't at the moment, he has to integrate both aspects of his game. It takes time we have to be patient.
The surely it can't be a 7-1 double WBA match thread on 22:10 - Feb 19 with 1342 viewsBoston

Entertaining fixture
We deserved a draw
Wells needs a rest
Eze did not live up to expectations
BOS should have scored
S Mc, presume it was on his orders, called the wrong shots when we went down to ten men.

I enjoyed the game, except for mins 90-95.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The surely it can't be a 7-1 double WBA match thread on 22:13 - Feb 19 with 1299 viewstraininvain

The surely it can't be a 7-1 double WBA match thread on 22:10 - Feb 19 by Boston

Entertaining fixture
We deserved a draw
Wells needs a rest
Eze did not live up to expectations
BOS should have scored
S Mc, presume it was on his orders, called the wrong shots when we went down to ten men.

I enjoyed the game, except for mins 90-95.

Don’t think the manager told the players to drop deep after going down to 10 men. We were pressed back by WBA who smelt blood and our players looked completely shot which meant they couldn’t get up the field.
The surely it can't be a 7-1 double WBA match thread on 22:18 - Feb 19 with 1241 views2Thomas2Bowles

Well you have to put some blame on McS for making 3 subs too soon, not sure why Smith went off at HT but he must have known it's not wise to use all your subs so soon

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

The surely it can't be a 7-1 double WBA match thread on 22:25 - Feb 19 with 1174 viewstraininvain

The surely it can't be a 7-1 double WBA match thread on 22:18 - Feb 19 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Well you have to put some blame on McS for making 3 subs too soon, not sure why Smith went off at HT but he must have known it's not wise to use all your subs so soon

The three subs swung the game back in our favour. It was risky but the players were tired tonight and we looked better after the subs. Just a shame that Freeman couldn’t make it to the end as WBA could smell the winner as soon as he limped off.

Probably fairer to blame McClaren for not rotating enough over the Christmas period as the likes of Freeman might be fresher right now.
The surely it can't be a 7-1 double WBA match thread on 22:31 - Feb 19 with 1134 viewssuperhoopdownunder

The surely it can't be a 7-1 double WBA match thread on 21:58 - Feb 19 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Players were knackered
Not the worse defeat

My observations watching the second half

Wells had a great chance which he fluffed and about 20 seconds later the ball ends up in our net for their second goal

We were the better team in the second half and am confident we would have got at least a draw with Freeman on the pitch - he was one of the best players on the park

Not sure why McClaren made 2 changes with 20+ minutes to go - hindsight is wonderful but it would have been good to keep one in our back pocket

Eze looks a shadow of the player from earlier in the season

Lynch is a liability and there is no way we should offer him a new contract

Furlong played well and looks a very good player

We are in the midst of a very bad and unlucky run - we need to break it anyway we can.
I am very depressed today and feel sick after watching the last 6 games (going back to Wigan away with one high which was beating Pompey in the Cup)
[Post edited 19 Feb 2019 22:36]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024