Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shamima Beghum 17:40 - Feb 19 with 28912 viewsHayesender

Shamima Beghum

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Shamima Beghum on 16:13 - Feb 20 with 1998 viewsE17hoop

And that can't happen now because if Javeds actions. He's now more likely to be radicalised against the UK as a result.

Sh should be brought back to tell the security services what she knows, face justice for her actions and protect an innocent child.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Shamima Beghum on 16:14 - Feb 20 with 1991 viewskensalriser

Shamima Beghum on 16:05 - Feb 20 by loftboy

The child should be taken into care the minute he crosses our borders and placed in a loving family hundreds of miles away from his grandfather who will have him radicalised before he’s 5.

Its was the father of one of her companions that attended an Anjem Choudary meeting, not her own father, so I think you're barking up the wrong tree there.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Shamima Beghum on 16:31 - Feb 20 with 1963 viewsqprd

Shamima Beghum on 14:18 - Feb 20 by E17hoop

This.

She may be eligible for Bangladeshi citizenship but there is no evidence that she has it. That could make Javeds actions illegal.

The legal standard is that you can have your citizenship revoked, provided that you are not left stateless as a result of such revocation.

The UK, particularly when Theresa May, was home secretary, was aggressive in revoking citizenships. they took the view that you would not be stateless following a revocation so long as you were merely eligible for citizenship elsewhere. this was upheld by quasi extrajudicial immigration courts, which often apply lower levels of due process rights to litigants

anyways, here's an example:

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/dilly-hussain/theresa-may-pakistan_b_6363868.ht
[Post edited 20 Feb 2019 16:34]
Shamima Beghum on 16:42 - Feb 20 with 1936 views2Thomas2Bowles

Shamima Beghum on 15:53 - Feb 20 by E17hoop

Sidestep? Its not a tit for tat game. Of course the children in Manchester were innocent.

That doesn't mean that a baby should be punished for the sins of it's parents.

So I ask again, what has this child done? If you do want to play sidestep, I asked first, and you've still not replied.

And.... are you saying the child should be separated from the mother and come here without her?

Is she not using the child as a reason to be allowed back, She Apparently allowed 2 of her sprogs to died in this utopia world she choose and have these babies in, very caring Right? , that was her choice Right?, her responsibility Right?

Has she asked for just the baby to be allowed to come here, her parents have said they would look after it... Nah it's about her
And you are also trying to use the baby as a reason to let her back, you don't really care about the baby just using it as an argument or you would start a campaign or go found to support it

It's no different than some girl here getting up the duff to get housing
[Post edited 20 Feb 2019 16:48]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Shamima Beghum on 16:54 - Feb 20 with 1917 viewsNW5Hoop

Shamima Beghum on 14:29 - Feb 20 by loftboy

Can’t believe that there are two people on here that have said she should be allowed to return.

I'm one of them. But only to face proper legal process (I didn't tick to face prosecution, because it's not up to me if she gets prosecuted, and I don't know — none of us do — whether she's done something that actually merits prosecution, as opposed to being generally vile. It's not a crime to have kids by a terrorist; we don't know if she's been a terrorist herself.)
Shamima Beghum on 16:57 - Feb 20 with 1903 views2Thomas2Bowles

Shamima Beghum on 16:54 - Feb 20 by NW5Hoop

I'm one of them. But only to face proper legal process (I didn't tick to face prosecution, because it's not up to me if she gets prosecuted, and I don't know — none of us do — whether she's done something that actually merits prosecution, as opposed to being generally vile. It's not a crime to have kids by a terrorist; we don't know if she's been a terrorist herself.)

Supporting or being a member of IS is a criminal offense.

Shamima Beghum on 17:05 - Feb 20 with 1878 viewsBuckR

Not exactly helped herself in her interviews. Comes across completely arrogant and shows no remorse whatsoever. If shes let back and put in the nick then she'll only radicalise more prisoners just like her old man has done to her.
Shamima Beghum on 17:13 - Feb 20 with 1859 viewsE17hoop

Shamima Beghum on 16:42 - Feb 20 by 2Thomas2Bowles

And.... are you saying the child should be separated from the mother and come here without her?

Is she not using the child as a reason to be allowed back, She Apparently allowed 2 of her sprogs to died in this utopia world she choose and have these babies in, very caring Right? , that was her choice Right?, her responsibility Right?

Has she asked for just the baby to be allowed to come here, her parents have said they would look after it... Nah it's about her
And you are also trying to use the baby as a reason to let her back, you don't really care about the baby just using it as an argument or you would start a campaign or go found to support it

It's no different than some girl here getting up the duff to get housing
[Post edited 20 Feb 2019 16:48]

What has the child done wrong?

Login to get fewer ads

Shamima Beghum on 17:22 - Feb 20 with 1841 viewsBuckR

Shamima Beghum on 17:13 - Feb 20 by E17hoop

Nothing but get used as a pawn by her to get back. If there was the option for the child to come back and be put into care and for her to stay there then Im pretty sure people would go for that but that isn't on the cards. The child could also do with a name change
Shamima Beghum on 17:24 - Feb 20 with 1833 viewskensalriser

I think she comes across as quite stupid, probably sociopathic and almost certainly brainwashed.

The real reason for this however is that Javid is acting the strongman to boost his leadership actions.

Taking all the emotive stuff out of the equation, what do we hope to achieve here? Wouldn't it be better to have these people back in the UK being watched (and perhaps deradicalised) than out in the wild where they're more than likely to join another terrorist group and/or provide propaganda material to others?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Shamima Beghum on 17:31 - Feb 20 with 1819 views2Thomas2Bowles

As far as I'm aware of, the citizenship of the mother has been taken away, it does not matter if it's an innocent, it's in the care of its mother, if she cares so much about it, get her parents to apply to look after it, see how much the child's wellbeing really means to her and we will know it's not all about her and not just a pawn.

Here you go
While he said he would not comment on individual cases, Home Secretary Sajid Javid has suggested Ms Begum's baby could still be British.

He told the Commons "Children should not suffer. So, if a parent does lose their British citizenship, it does not affect the rights of their child."

Happy now ?
[Post edited 20 Feb 2019 17:37]

Shamima Beghum on 17:31 - Feb 20 with 1820 viewsCliff

I'm also one the people on here that thinks she should come back and be held account for her actions.

It would appear from all I have seen or heard that she MAY be eligible to apply for citizenship elsewhere, but it would appear that she definitely has (or had) British citizenship, and that she was radicalised here. Therefore in my mind it's our problem.

What would people say if someone were to come here from abroad, make themselves persona non grata in some way and when we are about to send them back their country of origin revokes their citizenship and says sorry it's your problem now they are nothing to do with us?
Shamima Beghum on 17:41 - Feb 20 with 1785 viewsstevec

Rest assured, she'll be back.

Paddy Power are showing;
3/1 Dancing on Ice
50/1 Love Island
and where the money's going, 1/3 Editor of the Guardian.
Shamima Beghum on 18:02 - Feb 20 with 1735 viewsqprd

Shamima Beghum on 17:31 - Feb 20 by Cliff

I'm also one the people on here that thinks she should come back and be held account for her actions.

It would appear from all I have seen or heard that she MAY be eligible to apply for citizenship elsewhere, but it would appear that she definitely has (or had) British citizenship, and that she was radicalised here. Therefore in my mind it's our problem.

What would people say if someone were to come here from abroad, make themselves persona non grata in some way and when we are about to send them back their country of origin revokes their citizenship and says sorry it's your problem now they are nothing to do with us?

Its a bit more complicated than that, provided you have citizenship elsewhere (b/c of the statelessness issues)

Countries cant revoke citizenship for being persona non grata. Usually, there is a prescribed list of offenses you have to commit to be considered for having your citizenship group. Having said that, a lot of countries, such as Lebanon, can revoke your citizenship if you participate in organisations that are against the state (eg, terrorist orgs being the most obvious example). Not sure what Bangladesh's laws are like on this topic

There are some countries which have very technical statutes for revoking citizenship, but they are seldom enforced. For instance, Pakistan permits its citizens to have dual citizenship. They have a statute that says that in order to maintain their Pakistani citizenship, you need to go to an embassy and make some technical filing every 7 years or so. If you fail to do that, they can theoretically revoke your citizenship. But countries with laws like this seldom ever enforce

Of course, not all countries provide citizens the due process rights of the UK, so theres no certainty what might happen in another country with less established judicial systems.
Shamima Beghum on 19:35 - Feb 20 with 1659 viewsE17hoop

Shamima Beghum on 17:31 - Feb 20 by 2Thomas2Bowles

As far as I'm aware of, the citizenship of the mother has been taken away, it does not matter if it's an innocent, it's in the care of its mother, if she cares so much about it, get her parents to apply to look after it, see how much the child's wellbeing really means to her and we will know it's not all about her and not just a pawn.

Here you go
While he said he would not comment on individual cases, Home Secretary Sajid Javid has suggested Ms Begum's baby could still be British.

He told the Commons "Children should not suffer. So, if a parent does lose their British citizenship, it does not affect the rights of their child."

Happy now ?
[Post edited 20 Feb 2019 17:37]

My concern is, first and foremost, for the baby. Good you agree that he's innocent.

Shamima Beghum on 20:50 - Feb 20 with 1606 viewscolinallcars

“Wherefore by their fruit shall they be known” The child child has done nothing wrong as yet obviously but being brought up by a woman like her? Well......
Shamima Beghum on 20:58 - Feb 20 with 1585 viewsE17hoop

Shamima Beghum on 16:31 - Feb 20 by qprd

The legal standard is that you can have your citizenship revoked, provided that you are not left stateless as a result of such revocation.

The UK, particularly when Theresa May, was home secretary, was aggressive in revoking citizenships. they took the view that you would not be stateless following a revocation so long as you were merely eligible for citizenship elsewhere. this was upheld by quasi extrajudicial immigration courts, which often apply lower levels of due process rights to litigants

anyways, here's an example:

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/dilly-hussain/theresa-may-pakistan_b_6363868.ht
[Post edited 20 Feb 2019 16:34]

She is, apparently, stateless.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47312207

Shamima Beghum on 21:33 - Feb 20 with 1532 viewsJuzzie

Comments earlier saying the child is automatically British because she is. I’m not so sure.
My partner is Russian but a Kyrgyz national (as well as British citizen) but that does not automatically make our kids Kyrgyz nationals. Application has to be done to attain this.

I’m absolutely certain the child is deliberately being used as a pawn to precisely create a “won’t somebody pleeeeeease think of the children” situation to try and get what she wants.

Bangladesh now saying she not a national of theirs. Of course, they don’t want her either.
Shamima Beghum on 21:36 - Feb 20 with 1522 views2Thomas2Bowles

Shamima Beghum on 20:58 - Feb 20 by E17hoop

She is, apparently, stateless.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47312207

But your only concern is for the child

I believe ya...

Shamima Beghum on 21:37 - Feb 20 with 1516 viewssmegma

Nothing. Still don't want 'it' over here.

'It' being how she described her newly born son.
Shamima Beghum on 21:42 - Feb 20 with 1499 viewssmegma

Shamima Beghum on 17:41 - Feb 20 by stevec

Rest assured, she'll be back.

Paddy Power are showing;
3/1 Dancing on Ice
50/1 Love Island
and where the money's going, 1/3 Editor of the Guardian.

She'll be heading for the jungle within 2 years.
Shamima Beghum on 21:51 - Feb 20 with 1472 views2Thomas2Bowles

Shamima Beghum on 21:33 - Feb 20 by Juzzie

Comments earlier saying the child is automatically British because she is. I’m not so sure.
My partner is Russian but a Kyrgyz national (as well as British citizen) but that does not automatically make our kids Kyrgyz nationals. Application has to be done to attain this.

I’m absolutely certain the child is deliberately being used as a pawn to precisely create a “won’t somebody pleeeeeease think of the children” situation to try and get what she wants.

Bangladesh now saying she not a national of theirs. Of course, they don’t want her either.

Well some on here think it's ok that another country doesn't want her
And it's us, the wicked UK being nasty to her, maybe they hate this country as much as she did to leave and join IS

Shamima Beghum on 21:57 - Feb 20 with 1455 viewsE17hoop

Shamima Beghum on 21:36 - Feb 20 by 2Thomas2Bowles

But your only concern is for the child

I believe ya...

Good. Having worked in local govt I've seen the desolation that happens when children are neglected and is something which I care deeply about.

I agree absolutely with what NW5 wrote:
"...She should be allowed back to Britain, where she should be investigated, and then prosecuted, if her actions are deemed prosecutable.

That's the way the law should work. Once you start picking and choosing who the law applies to, you're on your way to disaster.

I don't have the slightest bit of sympathy with her. I'd be perfectly happy to see her in a prison cell..."

As mentioned before, the Home Ofice strategy was published in 2018, was endorsed by Javed (since it's his Dept) and it clearly states that in circumstances like this, the actions mentioned above should take place. He's grandstanding for the PM job when May resigns and the care of a baby is at risk as a result of it.

Shamima Beghum on 22:15 - Feb 20 with 1416 viewsE17hoop

Shamima Beghum on 21:37 - Feb 20 by smegma

Nothing. Still don't want 'it' over here.

'It' being how she described her newly born son.

Even more reason for immediate care to be provided for the baby.

Shamima Beghum on 22:28 - Feb 20 with 1400 viewsBluce_Ree

Nothing. But I’m not sure how relevant that is.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024