Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
They keep f*(king doing it! 21:50 - Feb 19 with 5563 viewsbosh67

We can't see a game out! Despite losing Freeman something is very wrong with our concentration in the last moments of games. 5 defeats in a row and now conceding goals regularly in the last minutes of matches.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

They keep f*(king doing it! on 00:43 - Feb 20 with 1141 viewsVancouverHoop

They keep f*(king doing it! on 00:27 - Feb 20 by MungoJezza

We were lucky with the penalty, Lumley's definite handball outside the box and the missed chance by Wells - surely he was offside? Not sure about whether Livermore's challenge on Eze was worthy of a red, but where did the five minutes added time come from?! We are struggling because of the lack of depth in our injury depleted squad. Defensive options are limited, particularly anybody with decent pace. We are still way too reliant on Freeman as he is the only creative outlet that plays with any consistency. Wells is the only striker of genuine quality that we have, but he is clearly lacking in form/confidence at the moment. We have to grind out a result, ideally at Boro on Saturday, that will kickstart our season again. We need to finish the present campaign strongly and plan well for next season. On a positive note, if we can compete as well as we have done with a team like West Bromwich, with their recent premiership experience, and their current status of being three points off the top, we are not that far off being a decent side.

We were lucky with the penalty, Lumley's definite handball outside the box and the missed chance by Wells - surely he was offside? Not sure about whether Livermore's challenge on Eze was worthy of a red,

Yes, I'd forgotten about Lumley's handball. The comms said it was his chest but it sure looked like an arm to me. We weren't shown a replay. Funny that!

I thought the penalty was legit, but I don't like penalties so never get excited one way or the other. It was a very clever move by Hemed though

The tackle on Eze looked bad. Two-footed with studs up catching him on both legs. If it had been a red there'd have been little room for complaint
They keep f*(king doing it! on 01:22 - Feb 20 with 1095 viewsgobbles

They keep f*(king doing it! on 22:15 - Feb 19 by Hunterhoop

Wells had a 20 yard effort he put wide. That one? Hardly comparable. I do think he needs to up his game, but he’s not the reason we conceded 3.

It was the one where he looked offside and stopped, but played on. Wells starting to look less and less of a threat in front of goal at the moment.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2019 1:25]
They keep f*(king doing it! on 04:51 - Feb 20 with 1032 viewsnix

Although the penalty we actually got may have been soft, we had a pretty decent penalty shout from the look of it about five minutes earlier, that wasn't given and the players looked incensed about. Our players maybe didn't make enough noise about Livermore's tackle that looked to me like a straight red.

I'm not sure you can count being lucky an offside that wasn't given where we don't actually score. We were definitely unlucky to lose Freeman at the end. Lumley did look like he handled outside the area, so we may have been lucky there. I did think we should have pushed out a bit in the last five minutes. When the ball was cleared outside the penalty area, no one came out which meant they had ages to be able to ping the ball straight back in. We were all screaming at them to push out, as it was obvious it was putting our defence under intolerable pressure. I'm not sure why McLaren or any of his coaching staff weren't. I'm sick of the fact they aren't ever out there encouraging the team when they most need it. Their manager was out there the entire match.
They keep f*(king doing it! on 07:01 - Feb 20 with 947 viewspaulparker

Sorry it’s not bad luck when you concede 4 first half goals to Birmingham
Or if you cannot clear your lines against Bristol city time and again
And it’s not bad luck either if you tee up the oppo with a header or if you striker just stops playing when he thinks he is offside or does a stupid run up for a penalty
The last 3 league games we have conceded 9 goals it’s not unlucky it’s p1sspoor

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

They keep f*(king doing it! on 07:49 - Feb 20 with 888 viewsTheChef

They keep f*(king doing it! on 04:51 - Feb 20 by nix

Although the penalty we actually got may have been soft, we had a pretty decent penalty shout from the look of it about five minutes earlier, that wasn't given and the players looked incensed about. Our players maybe didn't make enough noise about Livermore's tackle that looked to me like a straight red.

I'm not sure you can count being lucky an offside that wasn't given where we don't actually score. We were definitely unlucky to lose Freeman at the end. Lumley did look like he handled outside the area, so we may have been lucky there. I did think we should have pushed out a bit in the last five minutes. When the ball was cleared outside the penalty area, no one came out which meant they had ages to be able to ping the ball straight back in. We were all screaming at them to push out, as it was obvious it was putting our defence under intolerable pressure. I'm not sure why McLaren or any of his coaching staff weren't. I'm sick of the fact they aren't ever out there encouraging the team when they most need it. Their manager was out there the entire match.

So where does all this leave us on the luckometer? ;)

For Boro I'd be tempted to go back to the team that won at Forest, with an eye on our likely team for next season. Put Furlong with Leistner at CB, bring Cousins back to RB or give Kakay a run there, and get Scowen back in CM to give us a little more protection. Start Eze instead of Smith.

Schteve you can thank me later.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

They keep f*(king doing it! on 07:56 - Feb 20 with 871 viewsdaveB

They keep f*(king doing it! on 23:32 - Feb 19 by 1MoreBrightonR

Wells the most over rated player? Seriously? Little over the top.

Called the best player at the club on the podcast last week, i think he's seriously overrated. misses good chances every week
They keep f*(king doing it! on 08:59 - Feb 20 with 807 viewsAntti_Heinola

They keep f*(king doing it! on 22:40 - Feb 19 by wombat

Mclaren tactics
65 68 take pavel off
Bright comes on plays wrong wing
74 mins ff drawing go deep try and hang on for a point/win

lt March still not settled side considering overall we have been lucky with injuries this season
Not a style of play

We’re the young players he supposed to be improving ?

Pissed off with this happening time and time again

His subs were spot on last night.

Smith was absolutely knackered, it was plain - probably a mistake starting him if anything. The switch to 4 at the back was bang on, because they kept exploiting space behind our wing backs. Made us more solid and we were the better side for a lot of the game.

I wouldn't have taken Pav off but I could see the sense in putting BOS on for his pace. That's not the 'wrong' wing, he predominantly played down the left for Blackpool, but he's clearly at home either side and thought he did some great work last night. Also, if you want to put BOS on at that stage, Pav was the only realistic person to remove. He was playing well, but he may also have been tiring.

I think our style of play is settled. He's tried t mix it up with Smith with some good results in terms of goals at least. He's played Furlong, Eze and Lumley all season when he can, and BOS is involved most weeks.

Not sure how you can possibly say the side isn't settled - if anything, it's been too settled and hence we're looking a bit tired after a punishing run of games.

We were trying to win the game after we equalised (in fact we looked most likely to score the winner), but dropped deep when Freeman went off. McClaren wanted them higher, but it's tough when under pressure like that.

Bare bones.

They keep f*(king doing it! on 09:08 - Feb 20 with 778 viewstraininvain

They keep f*(king doing it! on 08:59 - Feb 20 by Antti_Heinola

Smith was absolutely knackered, it was plain - probably a mistake starting him if anything. The switch to 4 at the back was bang on, because they kept exploiting space behind our wing backs. Made us more solid and we were the better side for a lot of the game.

I wouldn't have taken Pav off but I could see the sense in putting BOS on for his pace. That's not the 'wrong' wing, he predominantly played down the left for Blackpool, but he's clearly at home either side and thought he did some great work last night. Also, if you want to put BOS on at that stage, Pav was the only realistic person to remove. He was playing well, but he may also have been tiring.

I think our style of play is settled. He's tried t mix it up with Smith with some good results in terms of goals at least. He's played Furlong, Eze and Lumley all season when he can, and BOS is involved most weeks.

Not sure how you can possibly say the side isn't settled - if anything, it's been too settled and hence we're looking a bit tired after a punishing run of games.

We were trying to win the game after we equalised (in fact we looked most likely to score the winner), but dropped deep when Freeman went off. McClaren wanted them higher, but it's tough when under pressure like that.

This is how I saw it. We were in the ascendancy before Freeman went off injured so hard to be too critical of McClaren's subs. But maybe he should've started Hemed ahead of Smith. Easy to say with the benefit of hindsight!
Login to get fewer ads

They keep f*(king doing it! on 09:09 - Feb 20 with 773 views2Thomas2Bowles

Luck
Watched the highlights again, did not show Well's asleep in the area

Lumley 100% handled the ball outside the area

Does not look a Pen more like Hemed doing a diving header.

Lynch great passing header to them to score.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

They keep f*(king doing it! on 09:19 - Feb 20 with 761 viewsCamberleyR

Spot on Antti. I would also say that contrary to Wombat's assertion that we've been lucky with injuries this season, we haven't. Denied Hemed for two months (still think there's a massive player in this division there) and losing Cameron and Rangel, two of our outstanding performers during our good run of form during October and November, in the same game to long term injuries is pretty bloody unlucky.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

They keep f*(king doing it! on 10:15 - Feb 20 with 703 viewsdaveB

not sure how you can say the side is settled, we've played a different formation in each half of the last 4 league games, we look all over the place at the moment
They keep f*(king doing it! on 10:16 - Feb 20 with 700 viewsBklynRanger

We were really under the cosh towards the end and just couldn't seem to push out. When we finally did get the ball back for a goal kick the players were either too exhausted or too preoccupied with the continuing threat to get anywhere near the halfway line to support Hemed. Joe should probably have waited longer but they may not have moved up anyway.

Being down to 10 was obviously a key factor but by being that deep we just seemed to be giving them the ball back as if it was a training drill. Very frustrating - 2-2 would have been a lovely result under the circumstances - the players looked so tired and tentative in the first half an hour it was unreal.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024