Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What now? 08:13 - Feb 20 with 5294 viewsbosh67

Given that we have what we have in terms of management, coaching, playing squad and limitations through FFP and fines what can the board, management and players do to turn the current alarming free fall in results around?

I am not calling for McClaren to be sacked, players to be dropped or condemned etc. Just what does the club do to turn a mixture of not that bad football but some very bad slips and periods switching off to get points on the board, stabilise and stagger to safety in the division?

If you were in charge how would you galvanise the club through this period?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

What now? on 11:50 - Feb 20 with 1574 viewsPunteR

What now? on 11:25 - Feb 20 by superhoopdownunder

Sorry to be clear - he was not seen after the crap start to the season. Amit took over as Chairman and things settled down. Since Christmas Tony more vocal, visible and talking things up (again) and also issues with Loftus Road and potential new stadium surfaced with Council (via podcast)
Although misfortunate our results have been very poor during this period.
(gutted last night - no way did we deserve to lose (based on second half I watched))

Missing Rangel and Cameron - hopefully they are back soon so we can save this season
Finally Lynch needs to be dropped - hopefully never to return
[Post edited 20 Feb 2019 11:28]

I dont think you can put the bad run of form at the moment on TF. Unless theres things going on behind the scenes like players contracts etc that are not getting sorted or other behind the scenes sort of stuff we dont know about.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

What now? on 12:18 - Feb 20 with 1526 viewssuperhoopdownunder

It was meant to be light hearted - place is a mess - Amit's sorting it out - oh here's Tony again and our bad luck returns

In terms of players contracts I'd guess the majority of out of contract players would not know whether we want them next season - which would be unsettling (for them) and that would then impact our team
[Post edited 20 Feb 2019 12:20]
What now? on 13:16 - Feb 20 with 1467 viewsPunteR

What now? on 12:18 - Feb 20 by superhoopdownunder

It was meant to be light hearted - place is a mess - Amit's sorting it out - oh here's Tony again and our bad luck returns

In terms of players contracts I'd guess the majority of out of contract players would not know whether we want them next season - which would be unsettling (for them) and that would then impact our team
[Post edited 20 Feb 2019 12:20]

Gotcha. Sorry . Wasn't trying to give you grief over it. I usually blame TF for everything but even i thought you were stretching it a bit regarding our form. :)

What now? on 14:02 - Feb 20 with 1415 views1MoreBrightonR

What now? on 10:07 - Feb 20 by Rangers67

The best thing to do is get rid of Mclown before he runs out of excuses for poor performances and results. The man hasn,t a clue and has clearly lost interest . Evidence for this, right in front of us every game. During a break in play last night in the first half , you remember one down early on, us getting run ragged just like the Birmingham and Preston and etc and etc games, Darren Moore gets half a dozen of his players over and is giving them instructions , meanwhile Mclown is nowhere to be seen. Gary Monk, Alex Neil et al are constantly on the side lines coaching and adjusting through the game, our bloke comes out now and again claps his hands , folds his arms and goes and sits down. He waits until half time before making substitutions when the system ( lol ) we are playing is clearly not working. On the subject of a system, if people on here are happy with the Neanderthal sytem of putting the ball forward to Matt Smith and hoping for the best is the way forward I despair ! He will persist with this so called tactic even when Smith isn,t playing !
His use of Eze is all wrong, now he isn,t the new messiah and not in Taarabt class by a long way but he has potential if he is coached and used in the right way. Playing him up front doesn,t work, get him playing in midfield , picking the ball up and creating and then popping up in and around the box.
Last night in the last ten minutes we were under the cosh, now instead of letting Freeman go off he should have asked him to stay on just for the corners we were constantly giving away, get him to stand on the half way line and that means they have to keep a couple of players back to mark him, I know he was injured but at least try it. But no take him off and invite pressure.
Throw ins and free kicks are just an embarrassment , we hardly ever retain possession from throw ins whereas other teams seem to have some idea of how to work these. And free kicks are just as bad , with the players all looking at each other for inspiration and then eventually the ball ends up back with Lumley. This isn,t an accident its a lack of coaching.

This is classic QPR:
1. give manager a silly nickname
2. moan about him not shouting/waving arms/showing emotion/standing up (delete as appropriate)
3. have no alternative options but be convinced all alternatives will improve things.

and incidentally, not that it matters, but he was up and down most the second half last night and going ballastic at the players at various points. a few of us commented on it.
What now? on 14:06 - Feb 20 with 1404 viewsNorthernr

What now? on 10:07 - Feb 20 by Rangers67

The best thing to do is get rid of Mclown before he runs out of excuses for poor performances and results. The man hasn,t a clue and has clearly lost interest . Evidence for this, right in front of us every game. During a break in play last night in the first half , you remember one down early on, us getting run ragged just like the Birmingham and Preston and etc and etc games, Darren Moore gets half a dozen of his players over and is giving them instructions , meanwhile Mclown is nowhere to be seen. Gary Monk, Alex Neil et al are constantly on the side lines coaching and adjusting through the game, our bloke comes out now and again claps his hands , folds his arms and goes and sits down. He waits until half time before making substitutions when the system ( lol ) we are playing is clearly not working. On the subject of a system, if people on here are happy with the Neanderthal sytem of putting the ball forward to Matt Smith and hoping for the best is the way forward I despair ! He will persist with this so called tactic even when Smith isn,t playing !
His use of Eze is all wrong, now he isn,t the new messiah and not in Taarabt class by a long way but he has potential if he is coached and used in the right way. Playing him up front doesn,t work, get him playing in midfield , picking the ball up and creating and then popping up in and around the box.
Last night in the last ten minutes we were under the cosh, now instead of letting Freeman go off he should have asked him to stay on just for the corners we were constantly giving away, get him to stand on the half way line and that means they have to keep a couple of players back to mark him, I know he was injured but at least try it. But no take him off and invite pressure.
Throw ins and free kicks are just an embarrassment , we hardly ever retain possession from throw ins whereas other teams seem to have some idea of how to work these. And free kicks are just as bad , with the players all looking at each other for inspiration and then eventually the ball ends up back with Lumley. This isn,t an accident its a lack of coaching.

This stoppage in play and wonderful team talk that Darren Moore delivered, would that be the stoppage in play and wonderful team talk that immediately preceded us making i 1-1 as soon as the ball was back in play?

We can do without midgame team talks like that cheers.
What now? on 14:29 - Feb 20 with 1362 viewsessextaxiboy

Imo firstly dont panic ,we are 10 points clear with a game in hand on the bottom 3 .
We have Hall and Hemed back with Cameron and Rangel to come .
Nick a win or even a draw and we will get a run going to get us over the line
What now? on 14:31 - Feb 20 with 1357 viewsNorthernr

What now? on 14:29 - Feb 20 by essextaxiboy

Imo firstly dont panic ,we are 10 points clear with a game in hand on the bottom 3 .
We have Hall and Hemed back with Cameron and Rangel to come .
Nick a win or even a draw and we will get a run going to get us over the line

Get through to the end of next week. Get through that Brentford game. Regroup. Don't blow it all up, try and maintain a level of confidence, get some players back. We've got Stoke, Rotherham and Bolton at home next month and a few weeks where we finally don't have midweek games. Stick some points on the board there, climb away, keep calm.
What now? on 14:43 - Feb 20 with 1320 viewsYorkRanger

My view is stay calm. We haven't been terrible and indeed have come close to gaining points in our last 3 games. My 5 point plan is:

1. Keep McClaren. Why sack another Manager. In December he was being praised as the messiah.
2. Make selected changes to the team in the next two games to freshen it up a bit and rest weary legs
3. Work hard on getting the injured players back to fitness and competing for places.
4. Don't panic if we lose to MBoro and Leeds
5. Focus on getting points in March to edge us up to 50 points. On paper 5 winnable games (if you include Hull) with three of those at home against teams near the bottom (Stoke, Bolton and Rotherham)
Login to get fewer ads

What now? on 14:52 - Feb 20 with 1299 viewsPunteR

What now? on 14:43 - Feb 20 by YorkRanger

My view is stay calm. We haven't been terrible and indeed have come close to gaining points in our last 3 games. My 5 point plan is:

1. Keep McClaren. Why sack another Manager. In December he was being praised as the messiah.
2. Make selected changes to the team in the next two games to freshen it up a bit and rest weary legs
3. Work hard on getting the injured players back to fitness and competing for places.
5. Focus on getting points in March to edge us up to 50 points. On paper 5 winnable games (if you include Hull) with three of those at home against teams near the bottom (Stoke, Bolton and Rotherham)

Way too sensible.

What now? on 15:13 - Feb 20 with 1256 viewsStreathamRanger

Surely we've got 2 or 3 more wins and a couple of draws left in us. I was planning on taking my son and a few of his mates to the forest game for his birthday. Not much of a happy birthday if we're getting relegated though.
He is something of a lucky charm though. I think he's been to 5 games and his record is 3 wins, 1 draw and one loss. Perhaps he could replace Mclaren for the run in. He'd certainly leave Lynch on the bench, although he might give Jude the cat a run out at left back.
What now? on 15:34 - Feb 20 with 1217 viewsRangers67

What now? on 14:06 - Feb 20 by Northernr

This stoppage in play and wonderful team talk that Darren Moore delivered, would that be the stoppage in play and wonderful team talk that immediately preceded us making i 1-1 as soon as the ball was back in play?

We can do without midgame team talks like that cheers.

Well if you and 1morebrightonr are happy with us conceding four goals at home to Preston and Birmingham whilst our manager is comprehensively out coached fine ( a bit strange ) but fine each to their own. As you will see from my post , this isn,t just based on last night, it is based on his history since starting with us. You may be happy with long ball to Smith and hope for the best. I would prefer to see us try and play a bit of football. For a guy who has coached England he is sadly lacking. I doubt there is anyone on here who could honestly say there has been improvement under him. You have to look past the scorelines at the performances and style of football to get the whole picture. Just my opinion .
What now? on 15:39 - Feb 20 with 1206 viewsNorthernr

What now? on 15:34 - Feb 20 by Rangers67

Well if you and 1morebrightonr are happy with us conceding four goals at home to Preston and Birmingham whilst our manager is comprehensively out coached fine ( a bit strange ) but fine each to their own. As you will see from my post , this isn,t just based on last night, it is based on his history since starting with us. You may be happy with long ball to Smith and hope for the best. I would prefer to see us try and play a bit of football. For a guy who has coached England he is sadly lacking. I doubt there is anyone on here who could honestly say there has been improvement under him. You have to look past the scorelines at the performances and style of football to get the whole picture. Just my opinion .

Do I in any way look or sound happy to you?
What now? on 15:54 - Feb 20 with 1152 views1MoreBrightonR

and you suggest what? thats my point.
What now? on 15:54 - Feb 20 with 1151 viewsTheChef

The performance and style of football I've seen suggests a group of players who know what they're doing (and I would say it's been a while since that has been the case) but haven't taken all their chances and are getting punished for individual mistakes. It's frustrating and depressing but it can't last forever, we just have to keep supporting them and tough our way through this period. And having yet another change of manager is not going to help.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

What now? on 16:04 - Feb 20 with 1129 viewsRangers67

What now? on 15:39 - Feb 20 by Northernr

Do I in any way look or sound happy to you?

Obviously I can,t see you but from your posts you seem be ok with what Steve is doing and the way he is not coaching the team either before or during the match. I base my judgement on the team performance since this wonder coach took over including recent away games at Bristol and Sheff utd. Dire stuff . So as much as you think he is the right guy , I have to politely disagree.
What now? on 20:44 - Feb 20 with 1012 viewsozexile

I'd keep McClaren. Who on earth would we get in? And the players however limited are giving 100% week in, week out. I remember the days not too long ago when that was all some of us wanted.
What now? on 21:21 - Feb 20 with 991 viewsdaveB

really can't see the point in changing the manager now, i don't think someone else is going to get more out of this squad in the short term
What now? on 21:33 - Feb 20 with 971 viewsted_hendrix

Are we really discussing getting rid of Steve McClaren, where the fck did that come from?

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

What now? on 21:35 - Feb 20 with 967 viewsWestonsuperR

Agree with many that Freeman has been excellent, far better than any other player we have and puts in a great shift each game, sadly I’d be amazed if he is still here next season.

Although I am not sure sacking McLaren is the best option at the moment I am surprised he doesn’t seem to be under more pressure. Better players at his disposal than Ollie last season and has managed the following:

Worst start in history of the club
Worst league run since 2013
Worst defeat for 30 years
18th position.

To me he is getting off too lightly.
What now? on 21:41 - Feb 20 with 957 viewsWestonsuperR

What now? on 14:43 - Feb 20 by YorkRanger

Don’t panic if we lose to Boro and Leeds, that would be 8 in and a row and unprecedented, when do we panic!?
What now? on 23:36 - Feb 20 with 896 viewsPunteR

What now? on 21:35 - Feb 20 by WestonsuperR

Agree with many that Freeman has been excellent, far better than any other player we have and puts in a great shift each game, sadly I’d be amazed if he is still here next season.

Although I am not sure sacking McLaren is the best option at the moment I am surprised he doesn’t seem to be under more pressure. Better players at his disposal than Ollie last season and has managed the following:

Worst start in history of the club
Worst league run since 2013
Worst defeat for 30 years
18th position.

To me he is getting off too lightly.

We've been here it seems a hundred times before and changing the manager doesn't solve anything.

What now? on 07:17 - Feb 21 with 807 viewsdanky

What now? on 21:41 - Feb 20 by WestonsuperR

Don’t panic if we lose to Boro and Leeds, that would be 8 in and a row and unprecedented, when do we panic!?

We have played fairly well through a very tough run of fixtures and had absolutely no luck. It will turn around. Keep the faith.
What now? on 07:27 - Feb 21 with 797 views18StoneOfHoop

What now? on 07:17 - Feb 21 by danky

We have played fairly well through a very tough run of fixtures and had absolutely no luck. It will turn around. Keep the faith.

Well said danky.
We'll win again,don't know where,don't know when.
Time to wheel out the hirsute wee downtown man once again,methinks:

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

What now? on 07:28 - Feb 21 with 797 viewskropotkin41

What now? on 23:36 - Feb 20 by PunteR

We've been here it seems a hundred times before and changing the manager doesn't solve anything.

Here's what I would like: let's keep McClaren until he wants to retire or drops dead.

He is a decent enough manager, working with what he's got. And since when has changing manager done us much good anyway?

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

What now? on 07:58 - Feb 21 with 781 viewsdanky

What now? on 07:28 - Feb 21 by kropotkin41

Here's what I would like: let's keep McClaren until he wants to retire or drops dead.

He is a decent enough manager, working with what he's got. And since when has changing manager done us much good anyway?

I'd stick with Mc Claren too. He's doing a reasonable job with the players that he has. We need to resign ourselves to the fact that we are probably/ hopefully going to be a mid table championship team for the foreseeable future.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024