Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eze..is he actually any good? 09:16 - Feb 20 with 11449 viewsRblockPrior

I was so frustrated with him last night just jogging around the pitch never getting into a sprint, playing the easy pass while always looking for the foul. Worse for me was the fact he didnt go up for 1 header, I honestly could not believe it. Against Millwall he was brilliant but he has been a passenger for far to many game this season and I for one would take any reasonable offer for him in the summer

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Eze..is he actually any good? on 11:41 - Feb 20 with 2551 viewssimmo

Eze..is he actually any good? on 10:57 - Feb 20 by WadR

Agree with Clive and Westbourne's posts but also would add that slowing the game down is no bad thing imo.

Maybe if Hemed slows the game down in injury time when the ball falls to him at the edge of our box and passes to Bright rather than aimlessly booting it back to WBA, we get up the pitch and kill the game rather than conceding. I know he was on the pitch but against Bristol City, maybe we could've closed the game out if we had shown any semblance of composure on the ball and not lost possession umpteen times in the last 10 mins from rushing things.

There's a frantic-ness to a lot of our play and Eze's one of only a couple of players who is genuinely composed and considered on the ball. Yes, this sometimes manifests itself as him being a tad slow to see a pass or he'll cut back when he could take someone on - but as pointed out, he still managed to create 2/3 good chances last night.

He's not playing as well as he did August - November but we are a better team when he starts, even off form.

Just looked it up on WhoScored and of regular starters Eze has 81% pass completion - 5% more than the nearest regular Freeman.
https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/171/Show/England-Queens-Park-Rangers

Good post, overall he's a player that's always going to rub certain fans up the wrong way when most want/prefer an 'up and at em' team rather than ball players. The fact is he's learning the off the ball stuff to help compliment his ability with it and while he finds the balance, we should be patient. He's shown brilliant glimpses already this season and won't be far away from being the difference in games, but we have to help him get to that point and learn to appreciate him for what he is.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Eze..is he actually any good? on 11:56 - Feb 20 with 2506 viewsWestbourneR

Eze..is he actually any good? on 11:01 - Feb 20 by JJB

Vastly overrated IMHO.

IMHO then you really know nothing about football, sorry. Such a shame a player of his talents is wasted on you. He has a rare skill set - can't you see how much we miss it when he's not playing? First and second half we like night and day with him on the pitch.

Also I find the 'over-rating' thing maddening. No one is over-rating him, he's young and raw and needs to work on lots and lots of things. Not least more goals and his tracking back.

But for raw talent - he's up there.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Eze..is he actually any good? on 12:21 - Feb 20 with 2464 viewsLadbrokeR

Eze..is he actually any good? on 09:44 - Feb 20 by Northernr

I thought he played well last night and we were much better once he'd come on. Nearly scored that one at the near post. Made things happen. Posed a threat. Much better in that shape.

He's not going to win you a lot of headers, but then when did Freeman ever beat anybody in the air? He scored that free header against Sheff Wed and everybody was pissing themselves. I also don't see this "jogging around" thing, he doesn't look like he's running any less than anybody else to me. Do you really want your number ten sprinting back into his own half to make tackles?

He's not Jamie Mackie but there's narrative building around him being lazy that just isn't true. Hemed has done fck all for months, barely moves about, doesn't put himself about, can't be arsd really, and nobody says a thing about it. But Eze is lazy. Doesn't sit comfortably with me at all.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Spot on with the narrative
Eze..is he actually any good? on 12:22 - Feb 20 with 2453 viewsYorkRanger

I understand the OP here is just commissioning views.

I don't get the constant criticism of Eze. He plays for QPR, a team, with no money in the bottom half of the Championship. The fact is we couldn't afford to buy anybody with his ability and I think more people need to accept him for what he is and can do rather than what he doesn't/cant do.

It is interesting because he is clearly working harder at his all round game and defensive play and no doubt McClaren is helping him with that, but nobody gives him any credit. He is not the finished item, but if he was he probably would have been sold long ago.

Looking forward to Chair returning next Season and people moaning when he hasn't put two in the top corner in his first couple of games.....
Eze..is he actually any good? on 12:33 - Feb 20 with 2423 viewsMedwayR

What I like most about Eze is his intelligence and ability to spot and play a pass, his understanding of what's around him is far more developed than it should be at this stage of his career. His finishing could improve a bit but overall he's a class act, not every game but enough of the time.

I don't get the lazy tag being banded about as I'm happy with his defensive contribution, where he could improve in my opinion is his reaction/movement when we regain possession which is where I think he may actually come across as 'lazy' and people are misinterpreting it. If you watch Freeman or Wells when we get the ball, they come alive and instantly look to make something happen or to get on the ball, Eze doesn't and seems to wait for something to happen then react to it, if he can follow their lead and become more dynamic off the ball when we're in possession I think he'd soon lose the 'lazy' tag.

Poll: Who’s better?

Eze..is he actually any good? on 12:52 - Feb 20 with 2384 viewsTacticalR

The last few games I don't think he's been playing as well as he was earlier in the season. This might be due to:
- other teams becoming aware of him and putting extra men on him
- injury
- just being inconsistent at this stage in his career

p.s. I don't think he wants to get his hands dirty with headers. Leave that sort of thing to Smith.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2019 12:57]

Air hostess clique

Eze..is he actually any good? on 13:23 - Feb 20 with 2321 viewsderbyhoop

Eze brings elements of the game that very few other players at this level are capable of. He can beat a man, can play passes that others don't see and holds the ball really well , to bring team mates into the game.
He does his fair share of defensive work as well, tracking back to cut off passing lines when the opposition has the ball.
If you want a team full of Jamie Mackie's or Gareth Ainsworth's, then go and watch teams at much lower levels, where the effort is obvious but the quality is missing.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Eze..is he actually any good? on 13:57 - Feb 20 with 2276 viewsThe_Mole

The last few games (Bristol, Watford and West Brom) have proved a number of things...

1) The 3-5-2 certainly suits us and we look better in terms of shape this way
2) Eze playing alongside Wells is a MUST - he will link the play a lot better than Smith can and stop us going long too often!
3) By playing Eze in this formation, he doesn't need to defend and will bring out the class in Wells, who wants through balls and passes into him, rather than hoping the odd flick on will come off!

That said - massive pat on the back to Smith for his effort and endeavour in the last few matches, but I think he needs a rest and should be our option B not A
Login to get fewer ads

Eze..is he actually any good? on 14:08 - Feb 20 with 2254 viewsQPROslo

I thought Eze started slowly last night seemingly lacking the confidence to play the defense splitting ball or shoot as he can, but hasn't shown for months. But after 10 minutes or so something happened, maybe a word in his ear or anger at the abuse, whatever, he started to play again. Would love to see him repeat that at Boro and fill in for Freeman if he is out for this game, as it seems he might be.
Eze..is he actually any good? on 14:27 - Feb 20 with 2219 viewsqprd

I like Eze. Some fans are being too harsh on him, while others seem to be giving him a free pass.

From yesterday, the good was that
-he defended to a satisfactory level, including chasing back and closing down. was sufficient
-when in the final third, he played some very good balls, including a through ball to bright which was sublime

The bad:
-He had 8 passes in 50 minutes, which is really low for a creative link up player
-he did not show enough for the ball. He was playing too far up the pitch, almost leading the line, rather than dropping a bit deeper and collecting the ball. movement off the ball left a lot to be desired and he often allowed himself to be marked out of the game.
-beyond the eye test, his heatmap shows he very rarely had the ball, as do his accurate passes (of only 8)
-He doesnt get "stuck in" on 50/50s. Wells and Freeman, who are both miles ahead of Eze as attacking/creative players, can do the dirty side. Eze will never have these qualities, but he does need to be more willing to win headers, etc.
Eze..is he actually any good? on 14:41 - Feb 20 with 2203 viewsswisscottage

Totally with Clive on this.

The waste of air that sits behind me over the last few weeks has been constantly laying into Smith, who arguably has been our best player over the last 5 matches, and every time saying "How is he getting in the team ahead of Eze?", and "where is Eze? he's a million times better than this lot!"

Eze comes, on and he starts slagging him off for not getting stuck in and not winning any headers. Completely ignoring 4 defense splitting passes that with a better attacking line/finishing resulted in two goals and moaning how he's produced nothing all game.

I've long been of the opinion that the vast majority of people haven't got a clue about anything.. They're entitled to their opinions, and I'm equally entitled to laugh at them for being stupid :). This thread being a case in point!
Eze..is he actually any good? on 16:00 - Feb 20 with 2158 viewsWestbourneR

Eze..is he actually any good? on 14:27 - Feb 20 by qprd

I like Eze. Some fans are being too harsh on him, while others seem to be giving him a free pass.

From yesterday, the good was that
-he defended to a satisfactory level, including chasing back and closing down. was sufficient
-when in the final third, he played some very good balls, including a through ball to bright which was sublime

The bad:
-He had 8 passes in 50 minutes, which is really low for a creative link up player
-he did not show enough for the ball. He was playing too far up the pitch, almost leading the line, rather than dropping a bit deeper and collecting the ball. movement off the ball left a lot to be desired and he often allowed himself to be marked out of the game.
-beyond the eye test, his heatmap shows he very rarely had the ball, as do his accurate passes (of only 8)
-He doesnt get "stuck in" on 50/50s. Wells and Freeman, who are both miles ahead of Eze as attacking/creative players, can do the dirty side. Eze will never have these qualities, but he does need to be more willing to win headers, etc.

A lot of sense being spoken here.

I agree - 352 looks decent with McLaren coaching the players - but I can’t include Smith - has to be Eze. Still not absolutely sure it’s better than 4231.

Either way, no Smith.

And Eze needs to drop deeper into the hole and get on the ball. He was pushed up right against the centre backs yesterday and he doesn’t influence the game enough there.

Time and time again Toni strode forward and there was no one in that middle third offering for the ball. That man has to Eze.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2019 17:15]

Eze..is he actually any good? on 16:50 - Feb 20 with 2119 viewsthemodfather

young and head turned? waiting for the big deal? but needs to play better to warrant it.
Eze..is he actually any good? on 18:22 - Feb 20 with 2066 viewsRuislipHoop

No he’s not,I’ve nicknamed him “the jogger”.Sort of sums him up.I keep thinking he’s our new Taraabt,but not a hope in hell.
Eze..is he actually any good? on 00:21 - Feb 21 with 1962 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Eze..is he actually any good? on 09:44 - Feb 20 by Northernr

I thought he played well last night and we were much better once he'd come on. Nearly scored that one at the near post. Made things happen. Posed a threat. Much better in that shape.

He's not going to win you a lot of headers, but then when did Freeman ever beat anybody in the air? He scored that free header against Sheff Wed and everybody was pissing themselves. I also don't see this "jogging around" thing, he doesn't look like he's running any less than anybody else to me. Do you really want your number ten sprinting back into his own half to make tackles?

He's not Jamie Mackie but there's narrative building around him being lazy that just isn't true. Hemed has done fck all for months, barely moves about, doesn't put himself about, can't be arsd really, and nobody says a thing about it. But Eze is lazy. Doesn't sit comfortably with me at all.

This post has been edited by an administrator

LAZY

LAZY

LAZY

LAID BACK
Eze..is he actually any good? on 01:50 - Feb 21 with 1940 viewsPommyhoop

Bazza you recon that elephant is back in the room?
[Post edited 21 Feb 2019 1:55]

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Eze..is he actually any good? on 07:52 - Feb 21 with 1851 viewsTheChef

Eze..is he actually any good? on 13:57 - Feb 20 by The_Mole

The last few games (Bristol, Watford and West Brom) have proved a number of things...

1) The 3-5-2 certainly suits us and we look better in terms of shape this way
2) Eze playing alongside Wells is a MUST - he will link the play a lot better than Smith can and stop us going long too often!
3) By playing Eze in this formation, he doesn't need to defend and will bring out the class in Wells, who wants through balls and passes into him, rather than hoping the odd flick on will come off!

That said - massive pat on the back to Smith for his effort and endeavour in the last few matches, but I think he needs a rest and should be our option B not A

Sorry I can't agree on us looking better in a 352 - it only works if you have wing backs who play up the pitch, what we end up with out of possession is a back 5 because our wing backs drop so deep - then when we get the ball back there's no width higher up the pitch and a lack of options for whoever has the ball. Just compare first half and second half on Tuesday night.

442/4231 all the way for me please.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Eze..is he actually any good? on 08:13 - Feb 21 with 1834 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I missed Tuesday's game, but have seen almost every game this season.

I feel we miss Eze desperately as we have no other creativity whatsoever apart from Freeman. Neither do we have any link play. Our recent run of bad results has coincided with, first, his loss of form and, second, his absence. Good to hear reports that he played well on Tuesday. We need him back firing.

As for the accusation of laziness, I feel that they don't stand. I recall thinking and commenting that he had a couple of halfs of sub-par work-rate a couple of months back but apart from that his work-rate has been very good and equal to the norm in what is an incredibly hard-working squad.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Eze..is he actually any good? on 08:51 - Feb 21 with 1804 viewsWestbourneR

Eze..is he actually any good? on 18:22 - Feb 20 by RuislipHoop

No he’s not,I’ve nicknamed him “the jogger”.Sort of sums him up.I keep thinking he’s our new Taraabt,but not a hope in hell.

I do despair sometimes. Eze's talent is obvious.

And Adel did a lot less running than him.

Eze..is he actually any good? on 12:15 - Feb 21 with 1733 viewsqprd

Eze..is he actually any good? on 07:52 - Feb 21 by TheChef

Sorry I can't agree on us looking better in a 352 - it only works if you have wing backs who play up the pitch, what we end up with out of possession is a back 5 because our wing backs drop so deep - then when we get the ball back there's no width higher up the pitch and a lack of options for whoever has the ball. Just compare first half and second half on Tuesday night.

442/4231 all the way for me please.

Very succinctly put.

3-5-2 with Matt Smith is a trainwreck when we're under pressure. This was a major issue against West Brom in the first half, exacerbated by the fact that:

-Mass was also deep, shielding the back 3, and therefore not an out ball when we regained possession
-Matt Smith cant play on the shoulder, which allows defenses to play a higher line and squeeze space

This basically means we have to pass to Freeman and hope he keeps the ball with little support or we hoof to the forwards
Eze..is he actually any good? on 12:24 - Feb 21 with 1722 viewsDorse

Eze's good.
Eze's good.
Ebere Eze's good.

Anybody got any Veras? Loooooovely. A-hahahahaaa.

[Post edited 21 Feb 2019 12:25]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Eze..is he actually any good? on 13:25 - Feb 21 with 1677 viewsTheChef

Eze..is he actually any good? on 12:24 - Feb 21 by Dorse

Eze's good.
Eze's good.
Ebere Eze's good.

Anybody got any Veras? Loooooovely. A-hahahahaaa.

[Post edited 21 Feb 2019 12:25]

That first gif is truly a thing of wonder.

Got a link for it? I will add it to my work email signature.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Eze..is he actually any good? on 13:51 - Feb 21 with 1650 viewsDorse

Eze..is he actually any good? on 13:25 - Feb 21 by TheChef

That first gif is truly a thing of wonder.

Got a link for it? I will add it to my work email signature.

Right click over it and 'Copy Image Address' should do it.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Eze..is he actually any good? on 14:23 - Feb 21 with 1631 viewsJJB

Eze..is he actually any good? on 11:56 - Feb 20 by WestbourneR

IMHO then you really know nothing about football, sorry. Such a shame a player of his talents is wasted on you. He has a rare skill set - can't you see how much we miss it when he's not playing? First and second half we like night and day with him on the pitch.

Also I find the 'over-rating' thing maddening. No one is over-rating him, he's young and raw and needs to work on lots and lots of things. Not least more goals and his tracking back.

But for raw talent - he's up there.

Well you are clearly overrating him if you think he made all the difference against WBA. By end of the game and with Freeman off we were literally playing with 9 men with him on the pitch. He hasn't been dropped for no reason recently has he?

To be fair he could turn into a very good player and its not his fault either that dopey fans like you try to make out he is actually better then what he actually is.

Also don't get " Mad" either, its only football mate.

Remember The White City Fighting?
Poll: Would you like to see the return of Mr Warnock?

Eze..is he actually any good? on 15:10 - Feb 21 with 1604 viewsWestbourneR

Eze..is he actually any good? on 14:23 - Feb 21 by JJB

Well you are clearly overrating him if you think he made all the difference against WBA. By end of the game and with Freeman off we were literally playing with 9 men with him on the pitch. He hasn't been dropped for no reason recently has he?

To be fair he could turn into a very good player and its not his fault either that dopey fans like you try to make out he is actually better then what he actually is.

Also don't get " Mad" either, its only football mate.

Ok then, he didn't make a difference when he came on. He didn't get us in behind three times including putting BOS clean through on goal.

And I'm the dopey one.

Not mad, just sad. So sad. Sad. (c) Trump.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024