Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some of our fans... 16:18 - Feb 20 with 2089 viewsajcoombes

I'm not one to have a go at our own fans as after all we are one group who have a shared love for our club.

However, across the last two games (Wat and WBA) I have been gobsmacked at the behaviour of some of our fans. Against Watford, in the first few minutes, it was obviously noted by most people that a bottle/can was thrown from the Ellerslie Road aimed at Will Hughes. Following this, at the end of the game I was walking down SA road when a gentleman in his late 50s I'd say, walked straight up to a group of about 5 Watf fans who weren't causing any trouble and decided to push one of them and told them to F off. He then followed this by telling them he would take all five of them on, and here's the shocking bit... he had his young son in tow.

This brings me on to last night. Now I understand that we were obviously all so frustrated at the end, some people round me were kicking their chairs. One idiot though ( and this is in the so called family stand) decided to launch a bottle at the WBA keeper. The bottle in question was very close to hitting him. Once again though, this was not the most shocking thing to happen, he then turned and picked up his two daughters of about 2 and 4 years of age. What an example this man is setting, not only to his daughters, but also everyone else around him.

Now I do understand that we are definitely not the only club who does silly things like this, Leeds are big advocates of this. The thing that really gets to me though is that this will have some form of punishment for the club, probably a fine, which whilst it may not be a huge fine, it's not like we have money pouring out of our ears at the moment. So next time anyone considers launching something on the pitch take a minute to consider any possible ramifications, baring in mind the security cameras can zoom into every seat in the ground.
Some of our fans... on 16:47 - Feb 20 with 2008 viewsStreathamRanger

I'd say it's symptomatic of the state we're in as a society. So many angry people out there and unfortunately football stadiums are considered safe places for these angry people to vent their spleen. Shame it happens in the family stand as it can be quite frightening for little ones and won't help us build a future fan base.
Some of our fans... on 17:50 - Feb 20 with 1890 viewsBoston

'ere Streatham, you anywhere near Valley Rd?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Some of our fans... on 17:54 - Feb 20 with 1877 viewsStreathamRanger

Some of our fans... on 17:50 - Feb 20 by Boston

'ere Streatham, you anywhere near Valley Rd?

Not far. Just down Streatham vale
Some of our fans... on 18:13 - Feb 20 with 1819 viewsBoston

Ever come across the Fitzgerald family, all Palace I'm sad to say?

Some of our fans... on 18:16 - Feb 20 with 1816 viewsStreathamRanger

Name doesn't ring a bell. We've only been here five years. Lot's of Palace fans at my son's school and a surprisingly high number of spurs fans.
Some of our fans... on 18:18 - Feb 20 with 1803 viewsBoston

Some of our fans... on 18:16 - Feb 20 by StreathamRanger

Name doesn't ring a bell. We've only been here five years. Lot's of Palace fans at my son's school and a surprisingly high number of spurs fans.

...and an unsurprisingly low number of Rangers

Some of our fans... on 18:24 - Feb 20 with 1788 viewsStreathamRanger

Indeed. One poor little lad is a Notts County fan thanks to his dad. Wears his shirt with pride though. Took one of my son's mates with us to a game a while ago. End of season when they were getting rid of shirts on the cheap. Bought them both a shirt. His Spurs supporting dad wasn't too impressed.
Some of our fans... on 19:39 - Feb 20 with 1657 viewsstowmarketrange

I saw the bottle launched at the keeper who was just celebrating his team getting a last minute winner.I was pretty p@ssed off at the final whistle,as I’m sure a lot of others were too,but to aim a plastic bottle at someone like that is just stupidity,again.
We won’t have many fans left if they manage to find these latest idiots.
Login to get fewer ads

Some of our fans... on 19:44 - Feb 20 with 1645 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I blame Millwall.
Some of our fans... on 01:02 - Feb 21 with 1371 viewstimcocking

I don't see this as anything other than the behaviour of a couple of stupid people. I don't think it has anything to do with me or QPR fans. There'll always be a few morons around.

And it has been a very tough week mind.
Some of our fans... on 09:29 - Feb 21 with 1171 viewsterryb

The WBA 'keeper threw the bottle into his goal & didn't inform any of the officials about the incident.

A big thank you to him as the fine would have been on the large side.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024