Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thirty Years Ago Today 13:11 - Feb 25 with 2632 viewsBoston

Bruno v Tyson.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Thirty Years Ago Today on 13:31 - Feb 25 with 2610 viewsloftboy

Watched it in a snooker club in Bracknell.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Thirty Years Ago Today on 13:59 - Feb 25 with 2568 viewsWalnut

Thirty Years Ago Today on 13:31 - Feb 25 by loftboy

West Ham 0 0 QPR. They were bottom but that's all I remember about the game. 88/89 was the first time end of season videos came out
Thirty Years Ago Today on 15:35 - Feb 25 with 2485 viewskensalriser

I was at the infamous Biology rave at a film studio in Battersea. Place was a sweatbox - condensation was dripping off the roof and making a muddy mess on the floor.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Thirty Years Ago Today on 15:43 - Feb 25 with 2464 viewsingeminate

At Brackenbury primary school two groups marched round the playground chanting respectively "Bruno, Bruno" and "Tyson, Tyson". Made a right old racket. The headmaster had to come out to break it up.
Astonishing really looking back how much UK support Tyson had.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Thirty Years Ago Today on 16:03 - Feb 25 with 2452 viewsstowmarketrange

Thirty Years Ago Today on 15:43 - Feb 25 by ingeminate

At Brackenbury primary school two groups marched round the playground chanting respectively "Bruno, Bruno" and "Tyson, Tyson". Made a right old racket. The headmaster had to come out to break it up.
Astonishing really looking back how much UK support Tyson had.

He was a breath of fresh air to the boxing world when he came along.No robe or ring music.Just get in the ring and do the business.And normally free on itv too when he first started.
Thirty Years Ago Today on 17:03 - Feb 25 with 2408 viewsbosh67

I sat next to Frank at a boxing charity a number of years ago. Lovely bloke. Giant hands.

I also had the pleasure of being Mike's CPO on several occasions in the UK, the last time was in 2000 when Julius Francis spent most of the two rounds of their fight face down on the canvas. He stayed at my home that time just outside London and away from the press. Very quietly spoken, much brighter than I expected and also much shorter. We spent several hours sitting around the pond in my garden talking about fights and life. He was very bitter about Desiree Washington. Interestingly she recently said that she had very little recollection of that night. Who knows but that was the only time he got emotional about things. That and his love of birds and big cats. He has flared up around some people but all I can say is that he was very relaxed whenever I met him.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Thirty Years Ago Today on 17:37 - Feb 25 with 2362 viewsBluce_Ree

Thirty Years Ago Today on 13:31 - Feb 25 by loftboy

I watched it in a snooker club in Morden.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Thirty Years Ago Today on 18:12 - Feb 25 with 2320 viewsRamseyR

This fight was originally planned for Wembley Stadium. Had tickets and they weren't that expensive.
Applied for a refund when the fight got switched to the US and the buggers took about 10 months to give the money back.
Login to get fewer ads

Thirty Years Ago Today on 18:15 - Feb 25 with 2317 viewsPommyhoop

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Thirty Years Ago Today on 06:56 - Feb 26 with 2082 viewsMCterminator

Reckon "get in there Frank" might be my all time favourite piece of sports commentary...
Thirty Years Ago Today on 08:00 - Feb 26 with 2044 viewsPommyhoop

Thirty Years Ago Today on 06:56 - Feb 26 by MCterminator

Reckon "get in there Frank" might be my all time favourite piece of sports commentary...

Easy tiger..

This is the best..

ZAMORA !!! UNBELIEVABLE !!!

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Thirty Years Ago Today on 09:31 - Feb 26 with 2016 viewsflynnbo

Thirty Years Ago Today on 13:59 - Feb 25 by Walnut

West Ham 0 0 QPR. They were bottom but that's all I remember about the game. 88/89 was the first time end of season videos came out

Was at that game but in the West Ham end with a Hammer supporting mate and the Rangers’ fans sang “you’re going down with the Bruno”. Watched the fight at a mate’s flat in West Norwood. 30 years is frightening!!
Thirty Years Ago Today on 09:42 - Feb 26 with 2006 viewsMick_S

Grays snooker club for me.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Thirty Years Ago Today on 09:56 - Feb 26 with 1981 viewsCamberleyR

Thirty Years Ago Today on 06:56 - Feb 26 by MCterminator

Mine's another bit of Harry Carpenter commentary..

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Thirty Years Ago Today on 12:33 - Feb 26 with 1922 viewstimcocking

Was still in school, got up and listened on the radio with my Dad. Exciting stuff. Can't beat the big fights when there's a Brit involved.

'and he's hurt Tyson...' never forget it.

Love Iron Mike though.
Thirty Years Ago Today on 13:32 - Feb 26 with 1887 viewsBoston

Thirty Years Ago Today on 17:03 - Feb 25 by bosh67

I sat next to Frank at a boxing charity a number of years ago. Lovely bloke. Giant hands.

I also had the pleasure of being Mike's CPO on several occasions in the UK, the last time was in 2000 when Julius Francis spent most of the two rounds of their fight face down on the canvas. He stayed at my home that time just outside London and away from the press. Very quietly spoken, much brighter than I expected and also much shorter. We spent several hours sitting around the pond in my garden talking about fights and life. He was very bitter about Desiree Washington. Interestingly she recently said that she had very little recollection of that night. Who knows but that was the only time he got emotional about things. That and his love of birds and big cats. He has flared up around some people but all I can say is that he was very relaxed whenever I met him.

Why did he need the services of a Chief Petty Office Bosh?

Thirty Years Ago Today on 13:36 - Feb 26 with 1880 viewsAntti_Heinola

'kin hell Bosh!
A more casual 'global superstar slept at my place' anecdote I have never seen! Blimey.
Fascinating character. Thanks for sharing - that must've been a hell of an experience!

Bare bones.

Thirty Years Ago Today on 13:50 - Feb 26 with 1869 viewsBoston

Thirty Years Ago Today on 13:36 - Feb 26 by Antti_Heinola

'kin hell Bosh!
A more casual 'global superstar slept at my place' anecdote I have never seen! Blimey.
Fascinating character. Thanks for sharing - that must've been a hell of an experience!

You'll have to speak up Antti, poor old Bosh suffered some ear damage....

Thirty Years Ago Today on 15:33 - Feb 26 with 1817 viewsdaveB

Well that beats my I once had a piss next to JR Ewing story
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024