Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Niko goes on loan... to Los Angeles 20:37 - Feb 25 with 4197 viewsJigsore

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/under-23s-news/niko-hamalainen-joins-lafc-on-loan/

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Niko goes on loan... to Los Angeles on 20:42 - Feb 25 with 4179 viewsWatford_Ranger

We’ve got loads of cover at LWB and have no chance of being dragged into a relegation battle. Good idea all.
Niko goes on loan... to Los Angeles on 20:46 - Feb 25 with 4165 viewsRoller

Ruben Gnanalingam is one of their owners, along with Vincent Tan, Will Ferrell and Magic Johnson among a host of others.
Niko goes on loan... to Los Angeles on 20:55 - Feb 25 with 4140 viewsStanisgod

Niko goes on loan... to Los Angeles on 20:42 - Feb 25 by Watford_Ranger

We’ve got loads of cover at LWB and have no chance of being dragged into a relegation battle. Good idea all.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Niko goes on loan... to Los Angeles on 22:40 - Feb 25 with 4002 viewsLblock

Just WTF is going on????

I know the financial position, I’ve read that clusterfock and appreciate where we’re at (and why). Are we really needing to send every man jack who has played less than 10 games on loan?!?!

Keep flogging those almost dead horses

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Niko goes on loan... to Los Angeles on 23:25 - Feb 25 with 3945 viewsqprd

Niko goes on loan... to Los Angeles on 20:42 - Feb 25 by Watford_Ranger

He’s made the subs bench in the league 0 times in the last 2 seasons. He hasn’t featured in the league since fall of 2016!!

Bid well, manning, Lynch and Rangel can all play leftback

Do you rly think Niko will have any impact whatsoever on this season?

He’s on FA wages. This isn’t about defraying our wage bill. It’s anout developing a young kid so that he’s somewhat ready to contribute next season
Niko goes on loan... to Los Angeles on 23:54 - Feb 25 with 3920 viewsPunteR

Niko goes on loan... to Los Angeles on 23:25 - Feb 25 by qprd

He’s made the subs bench in the league 0 times in the last 2 seasons. He hasn’t featured in the league since fall of 2016!!

He’s on FA wages. This isn’t about defraying our wage bill. It’s anout developing a young kid so that he’s somewhat ready to contribute next season

Odd place to go for his development if you ask me.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Niko goes on loan... to Los Angeles on 00:18 - Feb 26 with 3901 viewsbob566

Niko goes on loan... to Los Angeles on 23:54 - Feb 25 by PunteR

Odd that its not the typical league 2/3 loan but a better standard. He'll be up against some quality forwards that are far better than league 2/3. Hopefully he gets something from it
Niko goes on loan... to Los Angeles on 00:46 - Feb 26 with 3881 viewsVancouverHoop

LAFC have already developed a rep for bringing on young players. If there's club in MLS who you'd want him to go to it's that one.

It also means he'll be in game shape when he returns to us next season as he hasn't been lying on the beach all Summer.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2019 0:48]
Login to get fewer ads

Niko goes on loan... to Los Angeles on 02:11 - Feb 26 with 3837 viewsBoston

Put a hundred down and buy a car....

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Niko goes on loan... to Los Angeles on 06:12 - Feb 26 with 3767 viewsWatford_Ranger

Niko goes on loan... to Los Angeles on 23:25 - Feb 25 by qprd

Anyone could play left-back (or any position). In the current formation Bidwell is out of place as it is and we have no other natural player for it. Rangel or Lynch would be shades of Aaron Hughes at Charlton. Manning I think would do well but this isn’t the time to fk about.

You’re probably right- McLaren probably barely knows who he is.
Niko goes on loan... to Los Angeles on 07:21 - Feb 26 with 3713 viewsDaBurgh

Well at least he won't have his head turned by the bright lights of Southend.
Niko goes on loan... to Los Angeles on 08:07 - Feb 26 with 3658 viewsstevec

I’m still trying to work out why he was even still here.
Niko goes on loan... to Los Angeles on 08:59 - Feb 26 with 3614 viewssimmo

It's a case of where we can find for him I think. Also, although Finnish, he grew up in Florida I think, so a return to the states is probably preferred for him as much as anything.

Personally I was surprised he got a new deal, I think it's more a safety net in case Bidwell leaves and we can't find a replacement, as I've not seen much to suggest Niko will ever be good enough for the first team.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Niko goes on loan... to Los Angeles on 09:22 - Feb 26 with 3582 viewsfrancisbowles

Hadn't already been announced that Niko and Giles Phillips were going on loan to the MLS in January? So if he's at LA where is Giles going to be playing?
Niko goes on loan... to Los Angeles on 09:23 - Feb 26 with 3580 viewsterryb

Niko goes on loan... to Los Angeles on 08:07 - Feb 26 by stevec

I’m still trying to work out why he was even still here.

To replace Bidwell next season after Jake has left the club.

I was suprised when he was given a contract extension, but then thought that we're unlikely to offer a new contract to any of the senior players who are out of contract come June.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2019 9:25]
Niko goes on loan... to Los Angeles on 10:12 - Feb 26 with 3534 viewsMaggsinho

Niko goes on loan... to Los Angeles on 09:22 - Feb 26 by francisbowles

Hadn't already been announced that Niko and Giles Phillips were going on loan to the MLS in January? So if he's at LA where is Giles going to be playing?

Think Philips went on loan to New England Revolution a few weeks back.
Niko goes on loan... to Los Angeles on 10:23 - Feb 26 with 3514 viewsjohncharles

Hell of a long way to come back we need an emergency re-call.

Strong and stable my arse.

Niko goes on loan... to Los Angeles on 11:59 - Feb 26 with 3431 viewsqprd

Niko goes on loan... to Los Angeles on 08:59 - Feb 26 by simmo

It's a case of where we can find for him I think. Also, although Finnish, he grew up in Florida I think, so a return to the states is probably preferred for him as much as anything.

Personally I was surprised he got a new deal, I think it's more a safety net in case Bidwell leaves and we can't find a replacement, as I've not seen much to suggest Niko will ever be good enough for the first team.

I agree

i think the preference woulve been to send him to a british club, but there wasnt enough interest. with the window now closed, the only place he can go in the US, and b/c of his american citizenship, he doesnt count against the MLS cap on foreign players

in addition to potentially not being good enough (and he seems a bit immature based on his social media), the loan is until July... meaning he wont have a summer to rest and it may cut into his preseason training. without that, the manager may not be able to determine whether he actually is a viable replacement for bidwell should bidwell depart
Niko goes on loan... to Los Angeles on 13:46 - Feb 26 with 3344 viewsBoston

Niko goes on loan... to Los Angeles on 10:12 - Feb 26 by Maggsinho

Think Philips went on loan to New England Revolution a few weeks back.

Y'ep, about a month ago. Rev's trained in Marbella and he was with them there.

Workmanlike.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Niko goes on loan... to Los Angeles on 15:04 - Feb 26 with 3291 viewsWestbourneR

Niko goes on loan... to Los Angeles on 13:46 - Feb 26 by Boston

Y'ep, about a month ago. Rev's trained in Marbella and he was with them there.

Workmanlike.

For me Niko's main problem is he was far far too lightweight - I remember when he came on for JFH in tight game the oppo just started to pump high balls into his channel and got lots of change out of it.

I really think if he needs anything he needs toughening in the lower leagues in the UK.

Slow lightweight technical football on bowling green pitches in California is not really what the doctor ordered.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Niko goes on loan... to Los Angeles on 16:32 - Feb 26 with 3224 viewsVancouverHoop

Niko goes on loan... to Los Angeles on 08:59 - Feb 26 by simmo

I suspect club policy is to go the extra mile with young players than might have been the case in the past. They're less expensive to retain than older pros, and there's the risk of losing a late bloomer. Remember we got Eze because other clubs had given up on him, we can't afford to be one of those clubs anymore.
Niko goes on loan... to Los Angeles on 16:54 - Feb 26 with 3194 viewsqprd

Niko goes on loan... to Los Angeles on 15:04 - Feb 26 by WestbourneR

For me Niko's main problem is he was far far too lightweight - I remember when he came on for JFH in tight game the oppo just started to pump high balls into his channel and got lots of change out of it.

I really think if he needs anything he needs toughening in the lower leagues in the UK.

Slow lightweight technical football on bowling green pitches in California is not really what the doctor ordered.

I think thats pretty harsh

i saw him play 4ish times in person under JFH- in the league cup matches (where he did well), against Fulham in the Sylla winner match (where he was only for 10 minutes) and against Sheffield Wednesday (where Barry Bannan took him to school). i dont recall anyone pumping long balls to him. Bannan targeted him, but it wasnt bc he was "lightweight"

not to mention, the MLS isnt la liga where you never get touched and have time on the ball. the players in the MLS arent known for their technical play... play is oriented largely around scrappy, hardworking americans and central/south americans- lots of robbie savage/jamie mackie type players
Niko goes on loan... to Los Angeles on 17:54 - Feb 26 with 3148 viewsWestbourneR

Niko goes on loan... to Los Angeles on 16:54 - Feb 26 by qprd

I think thats pretty harsh

i saw him play 4ish times in person under JFH- in the league cup matches (where he did well), against Fulham in the Sylla winner match (where he was only for 10 minutes) and against Sheffield Wednesday (where Barry Bannan took him to school). i dont recall anyone pumping long balls to him. Bannan targeted him, but it wasnt bc he was "lightweight"

not to mention, the MLS isnt la liga where you never get touched and have time on the ball. the players in the MLS arent known for their technical play... play is oriented largely around scrappy, hardworking americans and central/south americans- lots of robbie savage/jamie mackie type players

Ok mate, I saw him play in the flesh a few times and that's how I saw it. He's slight and looked like he needed toughening up.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024