Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McClaren: Stick or Twist 18:48 - Mar 9 with 27419 viewsNortholt_Rs

I reckon Stick just because of our financial situation but that was god-awful today. Four points out of the last 30 is pretty depressing....

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 19:01 - Mar 9 with 6809 viewscolinallcars

Has to be stick. We can't keep changing managers.
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 19:13 - Mar 9 with 6762 viewsessextaxiboy

Stick ...who would we get ? Same players ,same finances ,same owners. For a few weeks there in Dec we had it ... but today was sh@t
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 19:20 - Mar 9 with 6722 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Stick. No question.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 19:59 - Mar 9 with 6578 viewsbosh67

I don't thin k it is a question of us wanting him to stay. The question is will he want to stay with even tougher budgets next season. I think he may walk away at the end of the season.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 20:13 - Mar 9 with 6530 viewspaulparker

I couldn’t give a sh1t either way , we should have given Olly at least the last year of his contract
Mclaren was supposed to bring on our youngsters but mannning, smyth , chair , BOS , etc have had limited game time and gone backwards only Lumley has improved even Eze has gone off the boil the last 5 weeks and I don’t see that changing next year either , either way we haven’t improved from last year so I don’t get why we changed it

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 20:14 - Mar 9 with 6523 views2Thomas2Bowles

Darren Moore is available

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 20:23 - Mar 9 with 6499 viewstraininvain

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 20:13 - Mar 9 by paulparker

I couldn’t give a sh1t either way , we should have given Olly at least the last year of his contract
Mclaren was supposed to bring on our youngsters but mannning, smyth , chair , BOS , etc have had limited game time and gone backwards only Lumley has improved even Eze has gone off the boil the last 5 weeks and I don’t see that changing next year either , either way we haven’t improved from last year so I don’t get why we changed it

Unrealistic expectations. Youngsters blow hot and cold. That’s why it’s unfair to expect four of five youth players to start regularly. In all my years watching football I can only remember that happening at a few clubs successfully (Ajax / Man Utd mid 90’s and Barça under Guardiola).

Eze, Lumley and Furlong have played a lot of first team football this season. They’re bound to have ups and downs as they’re not the finished article. If anything they’ve probably played too much football and we’ve relied on them too much.

BOS is still getting minutes but in completion with Pav who’s been one of our best players. Smyth and Chair both out on loan getting valuable minutes. Manning couldn’t get in the Rotherham team and he’s looked poor for us this season so it’s hardly surprising he’s not playing more often.
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 20:37 - Mar 9 with 6420 viewspaulparker

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 20:23 - Mar 9 by traininvain

Unrealistic expectations. Youngsters blow hot and cold. That’s why it’s unfair to expect four of five youth players to start regularly. In all my years watching football I can only remember that happening at a few clubs successfully (Ajax / Man Utd mid 90’s and Barça under Guardiola).

Eze, Lumley and Furlong have played a lot of first team football this season. They’re bound to have ups and downs as they’re not the finished article. If anything they’ve probably played too much football and we’ve relied on them too much.

BOS is still getting minutes but in completion with Pav who’s been one of our best players. Smyth and Chair both out on loan getting valuable minutes. Manning couldn’t get in the Rotherham team and he’s looked poor for us this season so it’s hardly surprising he’s not playing more often.

BOS has hardly started, furlong isnt as good as last year, smyth was bombed out and made a scapegoat after Blackpool, chair given about 5 minutes as a sub , manning has started one game on the wing and kaykay has disappeared hardly progression is it
The whole point of the Mclaren appointment was to help bring them on and improve on 16th either way those kids bar furlong haven’t been given any game time and we are still below 16th, hardly progress from super coach Steve

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 20:44 - Mar 9 with 6391 viewsactonman

Well it has to be stick even though he looks to be going for the record of the worst run of results in qpr history.

Can see another draw coming Wednesday followed by a loss to dhull , maybe see out the season limping home hoping to get sacked , well fcuk that ! You can stay and suffer like the rest of us
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 21:00 - Mar 9 with 6334 viewsPunteR

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 19:59 - Mar 9 by bosh67

I don't thin k it is a question of us wanting him to stay. The question is will he want to stay with even tougher budgets next season. I think he may walk away at the end of the season.

This is what i think too. As its turned out, it was total rubbish him coming here to work and improve the youngsters so i'm not sure he's going to want to work with an even more depleted squad next season.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 21:11 - Mar 9 with 6287 viewsWatford_Ranger

I have no confidence in the higher powers to appoint anyone better. Fk knows what they’d conjure up.

Apart from that, can’t say I’d be bothered.
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 21:14 - Mar 9 with 6273 viewsRblock_James

Twist.

Seen enough.

Apart from Christmas, it's been pish all season.
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 21:53 - Mar 9 with 6134 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 21:14 - Mar 9 by Rblock_James

Twist.

Seen enough.

Apart from Christmas, it's been pish all season.

I’ve got some questions......

If a ex England, Dutch Premiership winning, UEFA cup finalist ain’t going to make it who do you think will?

A young manager?(JFH)
A experienced manager? (Holloway)
A highly trained manager? (Ramsey)

Changing the manager rarely works for us. The only thing we haven’t tried is actually sticking with one through a shit storm.

Fck sake.
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 21:56 - Mar 9 with 6128 viewstraininvain

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 20:37 - Mar 9 by paulparker

BOS has hardly started, furlong isnt as good as last year, smyth was bombed out and made a scapegoat after Blackpool, chair given about 5 minutes as a sub , manning has started one game on the wing and kaykay has disappeared hardly progression is it
The whole point of the Mclaren appointment was to help bring them on and improve on 16th either way those kids bar furlong haven’t been given any game time and we are still below 16th, hardly progress from super coach Steve

Rose tinted specs. Furlong couldn’t get a game last year up until the last few months of the season. I remember sitting behind him and Manning at Birmingham away. They were both fuming not to be involved.

Chair and Smyth behind the likes of Freeman and Eze in the pecking order. They’re on loan playing regular first team football which is better experience than the occasional sub appearance for us.

Manning played centre mid away at Portsmouth and looked out of his depth. Played same position a few weeks later and again wasn’t up to it. Need to take those chances if he’s to have a future at the football club.

Granted BOS could’ve played more but he’s competing with one of our best players so it’s not easy and he’s getting valuable experience off the bench.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2019 21:56]
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 21:59 - Mar 9 with 6109 viewsRblock_James

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 21:53 - Mar 9 by BazzaInTheLoft

If a ex England, Dutch Premiership winning, UEFA cup finalist ain’t going to make it who do you think will?

A young manager?(JFH)

Changing the manager rarely works for us. The only thing we haven’t tried is actually sticking with one through a shit storm.

Fck sake.

Fair point.

I just can't warm to the bloke.
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 22:06 - Mar 9 with 6066 viewsTacticalR

The drugs don't work. The club has built up an immunity to new managers, and new managers now have no effect.

Air hostess clique

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 22:10 - Mar 9 with 6043 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I'd stick if he wants it. This season has been like a half decent book for me so far. Very dodgy first few chapters but I stuck with it and got totally caught up in it after that. Think there'll be a fairly happy ending but reckon the stories mostly been told.

Looking forward to the next book.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 22:28 - Mar 9 with 5986 viewsHadders

A young manager?(JFH)

Fck sake.

Antii and NorthernR together, like Clough and Taylor? That's a new idea.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2019 22:30]
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 22:56 - Mar 9 with 5878 viewsBklynRanger

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 20:13 - Mar 9 by paulparker

Same.
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 23:05 - Mar 9 with 5849 viewsRangers67

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 22:28 - Mar 9 by Hadders

Antii and NorthernR together, like Clough and Taylor? That's a new idea.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2019 22:30]

How is this even a question . 4 points out of 30 , absolutely brilliant. The best manager we have had in ages. The team playing brilliant football. Steve out coaching every other coach we play. Leaving four defenders on against one forward when they go down to ten men . Positive effect on the whole club. Getting the best out of the players. Playing Cousins at right back, brilliant. Leaving Bidwell on at left back when having a shocker instead of putting 5 in midfield, outstanding. Not having a clue what he is doing, why should we get rid of him. Having the tactical ability of a traffic cone , no problem. He is brilliant
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 23:08 - Mar 9 with 5833 viewspaulparker

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 21:56 - Mar 9 by traininvain

Rose tinted specs. Furlong couldn’t get a game last year up until the last few months of the season. I remember sitting behind him and Manning at Birmingham away. They were both fuming not to be involved.

Chair and Smyth behind the likes of Freeman and Eze in the pecking order. They’re on loan playing regular first team football which is better experience than the occasional sub appearance for us.

Manning played centre mid away at Portsmouth and looked out of his depth. Played same position a few weeks later and again wasn’t up to it. Need to take those chances if he’s to have a future at the football club.

Granted BOS could’ve played more but he’s competing with one of our best players so it’s not easy and he’s getting valuable experience off the bench.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2019 21:56]

So your judging manning on 2 games then ? The lad needs a run of games not the odd appearence

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 23:14 - Mar 9 with 5815 viewsNortholt_Rs

A young manager?(JFH)

Fck sake.

But we have stuck with him.... 1 win and 1 draw in 10 games - that’s 4 points out of 30 FFS! - would be the end for most managers in the football league.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 00:38 - Mar 10 with 5657 viewsnix

I'd stick too but I'm really disappointed that we haven't continued the policy of bringing on our young players. Freeman has looked even better this season than last but I can't think of anyone else who looks better. Scowen, Luongo and Furlong all look worse and we also generally look less fit than last season. Hemed is shockingly unfit even for someone coming back from injury and has a bigger ar se than me. Smith also looked a lot less lean than last season.

I'm worried that Steve neither has a plan B nor knows how to lift players when the going gets tough. Sometimes it looks to me like he is so scared of losing he won't take a gamble to win and I think that's rubbed off on our players. Hopefully having Cameron back will improve things a bit.

And I know this isn't a universally accepted view but it hacks me off that he so rarely gives any input to the players during matches. I hated that Stoke team but I admired their manager urging them on throughout the entire match. We rarely saw Steve off his chair.

But I can't see changing things now is going to be a great idea. Although it really depresses me I think we need to stick with him at least until next season.
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 00:52 - Mar 10 with 5638 viewswombat

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 00:38 - Mar 10 by nix

I'd stick too but I'm really disappointed that we haven't continued the policy of bringing on our young players. Freeman has looked even better this season than last but I can't think of anyone else who looks better. Scowen, Luongo and Furlong all look worse and we also generally look less fit than last season. Hemed is shockingly unfit even for someone coming back from injury and has a bigger ar se than me. Smith also looked a lot less lean than last season.

I'm worried that Steve neither has a plan B nor knows how to lift players when the going gets tough. Sometimes it looks to me like he is so scared of losing he won't take a gamble to win and I think that's rubbed off on our players. Hopefully having Cameron back will improve things a bit.

And I know this isn't a universally accepted view but it hacks me off that he so rarely gives any input to the players during matches. I hated that Stoke team but I admired their manager urging them on throughout the entire match. We rarely saw Steve off his chair.

But I can't see changing things now is going to be a great idea. Although it really depresses me I think we need to stick with him at least until next season.

Plan b I’d be happy if he had a plan a , he’s shocking head down for the entire second half today the team got nothing from him not a jot of encouragement try this try that naff all , four defenders against one not very mobile forward . To be he honestly looks like the one ide he had left the building ages ago and he’s looking for a way out , and my last rant he’s so fecking defensive worried about everyone singers of going for it , Birmingham first half he couldn’t have got it more wrong , second half all guns blazing and we nearly got a point possibly more , today nothing no changes in formation apart from freeman swapping wing width par for five mins that was it for 90 long minutes

Poll: which is your favouite foot

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 01:23 - Mar 10 with 5605 viewsPunteR

wheres Amit?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024