Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fair play to Stoke 08:28 - Mar 10 with 3476 viewssevenhoop

And I didn’t think I’d ever say that, having disliked the Pulis years so much.

They were rightly down to 10, but played with no cynicism after that, went for the win, no time-wasting. Admittedly the game was shocking due to us being so sh1t (why would you not bring Eze in in those circumstances?) but I liked the way that went for it.
Fair play to Stoke on 08:30 - Mar 10 with 3455 viewssevenhoop

Mind you, I hate to think how much they put on the pitch in wages!
Fair play to Stoke on 08:47 - Mar 10 with 3386 viewsEsox_Lucius

"They were rightly down to 10, but played with no cynicism after that" Really? Within moments of Clucas being sent off Charlie Adams had a sly go at taking out Scowen and a short while after that Shawcross did the same. They then went on to feigning fouls, crowding the referee every time they wanted a decision to go their way and were generally replete with the shithousery associated with them. I know the strong breeze didn't help the football but neither did Stokes lesson in the dark arts.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2019 9:17]

The grass is always greener.

Fair play to Stoke on 08:55 - Mar 10 with 3362 viewsstowmarketrange

They played very well yesterday,but they certainly didn’t go for the win as they didn’t have a shot on target in the whole 90 mins and lumley never had a shot to save.
They were very well organised and we weren’t clever or good enough to break them down.
If we had played like that away from home after going down to 10 mins so early,this board would be full of praise for the performance.

All we ever hear is how crap we were,but some of our fans seem to forget that the stoke team are full of ex premier league players are have been scrapping like that for years.
We were pretty poor yesterday but gained another valuable point against a good side and professional side.
Fair play to Stoke on 09:24 - Mar 10 with 3275 viewsNorthLondonR

Not to mention their manager instructing their right back to roll back on the pitch when he was off it. These coaches are actively coaching "marginal gains" and it's getting quite embarrassing. We were awful but football is genuinely going to the dogs isn't it?
Fair play to Stoke on 11:06 - Mar 10 with 3064 viewsBoston

Sorry Seven, but I’m with the other comments here. Free from my usual football inebriation I was able to pay attention for the full 90 plus mins, a bonus for those around me as they didn’t have to endure any obnoxious sounds, smells or my frequent trips to the toilet. Anyway in my book the Strokers were as poor as we were, their well organised defense matched only by our lack of imagination when going forward. Cynicism, oh they had plenty, just more careful using it most of the time as they’d already had Clueless sent off. Bollock poor game from both sides, one of the least entertaining fixtures I can ever recall, it was in desperate need for an Eze, femail streakers crowd or squirrel disturbance.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2019 11:07]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Fair play to Stoke on 12:41 - Mar 10 with 2920 viewsHantsR

I'm with Boston and the others. As I mentioned on the match thread, I think Shawcross had a very busy afternoon refereeing the game, sometimes deferring to his little assistant.
Fair play to Stoke on 13:16 - Mar 10 with 2858 viewsDavieQPR

But we did find out Furlong has balls of steel and it is possible for 10,000 men to go 'ooooh' in unison.
Fair play to Stoke on 13:54 - Mar 10 with 2789 viewsstowmarketrange

Fair play to Stoke on 13:16 - Mar 10 by DavieQPR

But we did find out Furlong has balls of steel and it is possible for 10,000 men to go 'ooooh' in unison.

I thought that was cousins?
Login to get fewer ads

Fair play to Stoke on 14:47 - Mar 10 with 2670 viewsHantsR

Fair play to Stoke on 13:54 - Mar 10 by stowmarketrange

I thought that was cousins?

I agree, I crossed my legs in sympathy and wondered about transgender arrangements in the dressing room.
Fair play to Stoke on 16:02 - Mar 10 with 2589 viewsPinnerPaul

Can't agree that they were particularly 'fair'

Shawcross in the ref's ear all the time, him and McClean arguing the red card.

Didn't time waste as much as some but the 2 'injuries' in the 2nd half would have been dealt with a lot quicker if they had been losing!

While I'm on thought ref had a decent game - just the one error for me - should have played advantage when he cautioned Joe Allen.

He actually waited to see if we had an advantage - we did - Luke had the ball - then blew anyway. Didn't understand that - but as I say apart from that one error, he had a good game I thought.
Fair play to Stoke on 17:14 - Mar 10 with 2496 viewsnix

I agree with Pinnerpaul. They were trying to rile our players after their guy got sent off by pushing us off the ball and ended up with Pav having to be taken off after being booked. Shawcross followed the ref around so closely he nearly gave him a spare whistle.

They were also going down with soft free kicks, Charlie Adam being a prime offender.

And I thought that apart from the 'injuries' they were taking forever to take throw ins etc.

They are no worse than other teams we've played but I don't think they deserve any praise either.
Fair play to Stoke on 16:31 - Mar 11 with 1857 viewschumley

'Scrapping like that for years' i suggest you have a look at a few of our games this season, we;ve not had a fight in us for a good majority of them.
Fair play to Stoke on 19:49 - Mar 11 with 1647 viewsstowmarketrange

Fair play to Stoke on 16:31 - Mar 11 by chumley

'Scrapping like that for years' i suggest you have a look at a few of our games this season, we;ve not had a fight in us for a good majority of them.

I was talking about Stoke scrapping for a point rather than us.
Fair play to Stoke on 21:49 - Mar 11 with 1478 viewsthame_hoops

Fair play to Stoke on 17:14 - Mar 10 by nix

I agree with Pinnerpaul. They were trying to rile our players after their guy got sent off by pushing us off the ball and ended up with Pav having to be taken off after being booked. Shawcross followed the ref around so closely he nearly gave him a spare whistle.

They were also going down with soft free kicks, Charlie Adam being a prime offender.

And I thought that apart from the 'injuries' they were taking forever to take throw ins etc.

They are no worse than other teams we've played but I don't think they deserve any praise either.

Funny how we see things differently, Adam was taken out a couple of times with a crunch and I thought what a hard bar steward he was as he got straight back up!
Fair play to Stoke on 23:58 - Mar 11 with 1363 viewstimcocking

Fair play to Stoke on 08:47 - Mar 10 by Esox_Lucius

"They were rightly down to 10, but played with no cynicism after that" Really? Within moments of Clucas being sent off Charlie Adams had a sly go at taking out Scowen and a short while after that Shawcross did the same. They then went on to feigning fouls, crowding the referee every time they wanted a decision to go their way and were generally replete with the shithousery associated with them. I know the strong breeze didn't help the football but neither did Stokes lesson in the dark arts.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2019 9:17]

Yes, i thought they were loathsome, dirty fcukers like always.
Fair play to Stoke on 12:56 - Mar 12 with 1169 viewsnix

Fair play to Stoke on 21:49 - Mar 11 by thame_hoops

Funny how we see things differently, Adam was taken out a couple of times with a crunch and I thought what a hard bar steward he was as he got straight back up!

You might be right but whenever someone goes down in stages, clings onto the ball and looks at the referee as Adam did, I generally think it's a con.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024