Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hemed. 20:17 - Mar 10 with 5218 viewsconnell10

Waste of space, his feet never leave the ground when he jumps for ball! Looks to me like he would rather be any where else than here playing for us! Cant we just send him back to Brighton?

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Hemed. on 20:17 - Mar 10 with 2821 viewsNorthernr

Ah. People have noticed!
Hemed. on 20:27 - Mar 10 with 2771 viewsWatford_Ranger

He’s probably got a move lined up he doesn’t want to scupper as his contract at Brighton is up.

Maybe he’s just rubbish.

Either way, horrific signing.
Hemed. on 20:28 - Mar 10 with 2763 viewsEsox_Lucius

Hemed. on 20:27 - Mar 10 by Watford_Ranger

He’s probably got a move lined up he doesn’t want to scupper as his contract at Brighton is up.

Maybe he’s just rubbish.

Either way, horrific signing.

You're thinking of Javier Chevanton.

The grass is always greener.

Hemed. on 20:32 - Mar 10 with 2755 viewsWatford_Ranger

Hemed. on 20:28 - Mar 10 by Esox_Lucius

You're thinking of Javier Chevanton.

No, definitely Adam Czerkas.
Hemed. on 20:39 - Mar 10 with 2707 views2Thomas2Bowles

That's funny as I read on here from many what a fantastic signing him and Well were, how lucky we were to get them.
Been even worse than the manager, 3 overrated has-beens.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Hemed. on 21:12 - Mar 10 with 2632 viewsconnell10

Hemed. on 20:17 - Mar 10 by Northernr

Ah. People have noticed!

Noticed it a while back mate , but yesterday he didnt even try to pretend he was bothered! Totally useless loan signing!

Hemed. on 21:12 - Mar 10 with 2632 viewscolinallcars

We need Eze backv Rotherham instead of Hemed with Wells alone upfront
Hemed. on 21:23 - Mar 10 with 2597 viewsenfieldargh

I'd like to see a foot race between Hemed and the Stoke Physio

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Login to get fewer ads

Hemed. on 21:44 - Mar 10 with 2541 viewsgobbles

Hemed. on 21:12 - Mar 10 by colinallcars

We need Eze backv Rotherham instead of Hemed with Wells alone upfront

We need Rangel and Cameron back
Hemed. on 21:49 - Mar 10 with 2531 viewsHitch

Where the fck is Remy
Hemed. on 21:55 - Mar 10 with 2514 viewsLblock

I've seen Hemed a few times before he joined us and he is a decent player.

Unfortunately it's probably one of those loans that end up with the players thinking "feck it - I didn't sign up for this", this being a hard slog where you've got to battle and win the fans on side (see Mr Paul Furlong by his own admission). I also think Nik Nakhi has also decided he aint here for the long ride and is anxiously eyeing those flip flops at the back of the wardrobe..... shame as those two could've fired us to somewhere decent IMHO. The walk off at Bentford away may have been last straw for him.

Frightening thing is - that's all we've got. Battler wee Smyth gone, raw Oteh gone, Big Posh Matt injured. Oh dear

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Hemed. on 21:58 - Mar 10 with 2502 viewsBucksRanger

Play Lynch as CF. I want to see what happens.
Hemed. on 22:07 - Mar 10 with 2473 viewsNorthernr

Hemed. on 21:55 - Mar 10 by Lblock

I've seen Hemed a few times before he joined us and he is a decent player.

Unfortunately it's probably one of those loans that end up with the players thinking "feck it - I didn't sign up for this", this being a hard slog where you've got to battle and win the fans on side (see Mr Paul Furlong by his own admission). I also think Nik Nakhi has also decided he aint here for the long ride and is anxiously eyeing those flip flops at the back of the wardrobe..... shame as those two could've fired us to somewhere decent IMHO. The walk off at Bentford away may have been last straw for him.

Frightening thing is - that's all we've got. Battler wee Smyth gone, raw Oteh gone, Big Posh Matt injured. Oh dear

Well that's all fine and to be expected except:
- Nobody says a damn thing about it at the games, too busy coating Eze off for being lazy.
- Why aren't those kids we're going to be relying on next season playing for us now, as Holloway did at this point last season, rather than senior pros who are either on loan or out of contract and know they won't be here next season?
Hemed. on 22:32 - Mar 10 with 2411 viewsBklynRanger

Hemed. on 21:58 - Mar 10 by BucksRanger

Play Lynch as CF. I want to see what happens.

Yes I agree with this. Better to be laughing with them than at them.

Hemed did a lot of talking yesterday - advice mainly about when to 'release' the ball followed by encouragement that the ball had indeed been released backwards successfully. All of that consultancy had an obvious effect on his ability to challenge for said ball though - at one point he went as far as flapping his arms like a bird to simulate the visual phenomenon of jumping up in the air except that he was no more than 18 inches off the ground and a good 5 feet away from any form of challenge at the time.
Hemed. on 22:36 - Mar 10 with 2397 viewsdaveB

I've yet to see him have a good game for us, only positive i can think of is he takes a good penalty
Hemed. on 22:37 - Mar 10 with 2389 viewsNorthernr

Hemed. on 22:32 - Mar 10 by BklynRanger

Yes I agree with this. Better to be laughing with them than at them.

Hemed did a lot of talking yesterday - advice mainly about when to 'release' the ball followed by encouragement that the ball had indeed been released backwards successfully. All of that consultancy had an obvious effect on his ability to challenge for said ball though - at one point he went as far as flapping his arms like a bird to simulate the visual phenomenon of jumping up in the air except that he was no more than 18 inches off the ground and a good 5 feet away from any form of challenge at the time.

Perhaps if he'd like to move his fcking arse two or three yards away from the bloke marking him thereby making himself available for a pass he might receive one occasionally?
Hemed. on 22:58 - Mar 10 with 2329 viewsBklynRanger

Hemed. on 22:37 - Mar 10 by Northernr

Perhaps if he'd like to move his fcking arse two or three yards away from the bloke marking him thereby making himself available for a pass he might receive one occasionally?

Even when he's not getting trussed up like Debbie McGee he's a master at 'apparently' losing the flight of the ball - no idea where it went! Is it still in play? What time is it? Mother is that you?
[Post edited 10 Mar 2019 23:00]
Hemed. on 23:24 - Mar 10 with 2268 viewsted_hendrix

He's a burger.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Hemed. on 23:36 - Mar 10 with 2233 viewsbosh67

Not too sure what the point of this thread is? He's having a little sleep until the end of the season and won't get to see this.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Hemed. on 00:25 - Mar 11 with 2171 viewssmegma

Hemed. on 21:49 - Mar 10 by Hitch

Where the fck is Remy

Scored a screamer for our under 18s against Crewe Alexandra on Saturday morning.
Hemed. on 08:13 - Mar 11 with 1971 viewsBlue_Castello

Its difficult to disagree about Hemed ever since he's arrived his performances have lacked the extra energy and quality you expect from an expensive loan signing and I think that's the main problem we expect a lot more from somebody you are probably paying circa Premiership wages. We dont know how much hes being paid weve all taken wild guesses but im hopeful Hoos has negotiated the best deal possible.

IF Hemeds now fully fit which you would expect a player to be when starting for the first team then hes either not playing to his full potential or maybe the injurys have affected his abilty to compete in aerial situations. Ive not really watched Hemed before he came to the Rs apart from highlights on TV but im sure Lblock is correct that he has been a good player, unfortunately that may be the answer "has been".

Personally i think its unfair for people to include Wells as another "has been" it all depends how you view games but every time ive watched him play live he works his nuts off, makes space for other players, holds the ball up well, links well with other players and has good skill on the ball.

Hemed wasnt the only culprit on Saturday either they all struggled to break down a very organised and experienced Stoke team, the fact that Stoke have failed this season with some much talent is a conundrum but they still know how to defend. A very poor display against 10 men but it would probably have been worse with last seasons options up front as strikers, like a few others i still think Eze may possibly have been the answer.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2019 8:18]
Hemed. on 12:14 - Mar 11 with 1739 viewsrsonist

Hemed. on 22:07 - Mar 10 by Northernr

Well that's all fine and to be expected except:
- Nobody says a damn thing about it at the games, too busy coating Eze off for being lazy.
- Why aren't those kids we're going to be relying on next season playing for us now, as Holloway did at this point last season, rather than senior pros who are either on loan or out of contract and know they won't be here next season?

This is all just 20/20 hindsight spin though isn't it. The now-reviled senior pros were the ones who got us into a position of relative safety. If we hadn't completely fallen apart (with said senior pros being unavailable being a huge factor in that) and now still had even a sniff of play-offs while the kids were out on loan the narrative around here would be very different.

People need to see through this meme that loaning kids = bombing them out. The intention was to develop kids faster (and ready for us for next season) by getting them first team football while we maintain stability and league status at home. Manning would be better off still on loan instead of hanging around getting bits and bobs around the squad now, or when he was actually inexplicably bombed out three-quarters of the season under saint Ollie last year.

The loan system as is simply isn't conducive to rectifying changing situations - where seasons become dead rubbers possible to experiment in (let me repeat this - when were the club supposed to know they'd have this luxury exactly?), where loanees are no longer required (Hemed) or are not used as intended (Oteh). Now Hemed's sacked it off everyone's saying it was a terrible signing, but how reckless would it have been at the time the decisions were made turning down a proven player at this level to go into the rest of the season with just Oteh for backup, not knowing whether he was up to it, not being able to do anything about it in January, after the start we had where we were guaranteed goners?

I'm not saying everything the club is doing is perfect or the way I'd have done it myself (in all my professional wisdom with years in the game). But let's at least have the dignity to give it a bloody rest with picking a frustrated narrative out and reading history backwards to accommodate and instead try and remember the logic behind decisions in the context they were made and appreciate that things very rarely go the way of best laid plans. Because in my view, honestly, there hasn't been anything the club has done this season that was always going to be an outright mistake - it's all been plausible educated gambles that have tried to minimize risk best they could.
Hemed. on 12:28 - Mar 11 with 1694 viewsconnell10

Hemed. on 12:14 - Mar 11 by rsonist

This is all just 20/20 hindsight spin though isn't it. The now-reviled senior pros were the ones who got us into a position of relative safety. If we hadn't completely fallen apart (with said senior pros being unavailable being a huge factor in that) and now still had even a sniff of play-offs while the kids were out on loan the narrative around here would be very different.

People need to see through this meme that loaning kids = bombing them out. The intention was to develop kids faster (and ready for us for next season) by getting them first team football while we maintain stability and league status at home. Manning would be better off still on loan instead of hanging around getting bits and bobs around the squad now, or when he was actually inexplicably bombed out three-quarters of the season under saint Ollie last year.

The loan system as is simply isn't conducive to rectifying changing situations - where seasons become dead rubbers possible to experiment in (let me repeat this - when were the club supposed to know they'd have this luxury exactly?), where loanees are no longer required (Hemed) or are not used as intended (Oteh). Now Hemed's sacked it off everyone's saying it was a terrible signing, but how reckless would it have been at the time the decisions were made turning down a proven player at this level to go into the rest of the season with just Oteh for backup, not knowing whether he was up to it, not being able to do anything about it in January, after the start we had where we were guaranteed goners?

I'm not saying everything the club is doing is perfect or the way I'd have done it myself (in all my professional wisdom with years in the game). But let's at least have the dignity to give it a bloody rest with picking a frustrated narrative out and reading history backwards to accommodate and instead try and remember the logic behind decisions in the context they were made and appreciate that things very rarely go the way of best laid plans. Because in my view, honestly, there hasn't been anything the club has done this season that was always going to be an outright mistake - it's all been plausible educated gambles that have tried to minimize risk best they could.

Yep and Hemed is still a watse of space and money!

Hemed. on 12:28 - Mar 11 with 1691 viewsqprd

Now reviled senior pros?

People like Cameron and Rangel; they've just been injured. Wells, despite his lack of goals lately, is still well-liked. he works hard and makes contributions all over the pitch

hemed has made FA difference to us staying up or going down. he's scored 4 goals, 1 which is really important (against Wigan). hes otherwise been a non entity or injured.

your view is a bit too black and white in my opinion. we can say it was smart to sign him in the loan window, but that it hasnt worked out.
Hemed. on 12:31 - Mar 11 with 1683 viewsdaveB

Not really hindsight, plenty of us were saying this back in September
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024