Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
James McLean 14:07 - Mar 11 with 6972 viewsHayesender

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/qpr-condemns-abuse-towards-stoke-city-james

Anyone seen the video? What was said?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

James McLean on 14:20 - Mar 11 with 5701 viewsdaveB

some bloke shouted out where your poppy at him several times, was a bit stupid but i'm sure he's heard worse
James McLean on 14:25 - Mar 11 with 5668 viewsHayesender

James McLean on 14:20 - Mar 11 by daveB

some bloke shouted out where your poppy at him several times, was a bit stupid but i'm sure he's heard worse

Bit silly shouting that in March

Poll: Shamima Beghum

James McLean on 14:26 - Mar 11 with 5656 viewsdaveB

James McLean on 14:25 - Mar 11 by Hayesender

Bit silly shouting that in March

yeah made no sense really, bit of a fuss over nothing
James McLean on 14:45 - Mar 11 with 5564 viewsRblockPrior

Not sure shouting 'where is your poppy' is that offensive and requires an investigation but I suppose the club have to take a position due to the video being watched by many

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

James McLean on 14:47 - Mar 11 with 5557 viewssimmo

James McLean on 14:45 - Mar 11 by RblockPrior

Not sure shouting 'where is your poppy' is that offensive and requires an investigation but I suppose the club have to take a position due to the video being watched by many

An unnecessary dick move though, 'The Sun says he hates people that died in the war so I'm gonna shout at him about it'. In March.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

James McLean on 16:19 - Mar 11 with 5320 viewsBlue_Castello

This is interesting from what I have read in the past McLean gets abuse from virtually every ground he visits because there is a high proportion of people who are offended all over the country, will this be another case of the Football League homing in on QPR because they love us so much.

I know they have to be seen to be doing something because its on bl**dy social media but I suggest they take a closer look all around the other grounds. I also seem to remember he got stick from the Stoke City fans at the time of remembrance Sunday what exactly was done about that.

I dont want to open up this old debate its been done to death on here, i just hope the authorities realise its not only QPR fans that have verbally demonstrated their opinions.
James McLean on 16:29 - Mar 11 with 5284 viewsthemodfather

blimey , Imagine during the game, mclean said worse to our players and/or the ref, storm in a teacup.
James McLean on 16:40 - Mar 11 with 5250 viewsJigsore

no one will miss a couple of poppy nonces

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Login to get fewer ads

James McLean on 17:16 - Mar 11 with 5166 viewsDavieQPR

In that case Club ought to investigate collection outside for War Veterans. Can't have it both ways.
James McLean on 18:05 - Mar 11 with 5049 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

This has only blown up because

a) he reacted and
b) we have a beautifully tight knit ground where we have the honour of being able to shout in people's faces and it's heard.

When we finally get the Air Asia Arena built off the M4 in Slough we'll miss slinging Balti pie infused abuse at the likes of McClean or even Eze if he's still with us.

Really disappointed at the lack of wit by the way. We need to send some of our lads up to Ibrox for some proper anti fenian feeling.
James McLean on 21:26 - Mar 11 with 4810 viewsHamptonR

Some numpty in Ellerslie Road shouted "Where's your poppy McLean" but his voice barely carried a few rows, and it took him at least twenty minutes to pluck up the courage to shout, after discussing with his prick of a pal.

I agree with other posters, not really topical unless it is around November time and a total storm in a tea cup.
James McLean on 23:50 - Mar 11 with 4664 viewstimcocking

At QPR, a video posted on Twitter appeared to show at least one fan shouting 'where's your ****ing poppy' at McClean

Ah, poor wee James McLean.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2019 0:37]
James McLean on 01:18 - Mar 12 with 4599 viewsstowmarketrange

Its just as well that Butland has a sense of humour or we’d be facing a ground closure after I shouted out at him when their coach brought him a baseball cap for the low sun at the start of the 2nd half.
I asked him whether the coach had brought his England cap to him because I told him he wouldn’t be winning any more.
He did have a laugh about it though.
James McLean on 02:09 - Mar 12 with 4584 viewsbob566

James McLean on 23:50 - Mar 11 by timcocking

At QPR, a video posted on Twitter appeared to show at least one fan shouting 'where's your ****ing poppy' at McClean

Ah, poor wee James McLean.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2019 0:37]

Sorry Tim but thats totally ignorant. I know youre based in the far east but visit derry and your opinion of mclean might change. Im a southern irish protestant for the record but visited derry two weeks ago. Catholics were opressed and i can see why he doesnt support the poppy.
James McLean on 02:25 - Mar 12 with 4580 viewssmegma

Cant see what the fuss is about. Some bloke asks McLean about ten times in 5 seconds 'wheres your poppy'. Going by the voice and the position in the ground I reckon its the same bloke who asked John Terry 'John, you going home with the 3 points' about ten times in 5 seconds. No personal abuse, no racism, no sectarian abuse......
James McLean on 07:45 - Mar 12 with 4455 viewsWatford_Ranger

Do actual adults care that he doesn’t wear one? I don’t either. Freedom of choice innit.
James McLean on 07:50 - Mar 12 with 4451 viewsenfieldargh

If the assault on Grealish hadnt happened the following day this would never have come to light.

JUst another excuse to stick it to football.

Having said that if it wasnt for QPR i would loose 100% interest

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

James McLean on 08:57 - Mar 12 with 4321 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I don't think we've ever had a cross word on here about poppies, which reflects the general feeling that wearing one or not is a personal choice.

I won't wear a red one, I support McClean's right not to, but unless I'm missing something there's very little here to be apologised for. It was hardly abusive and I can't imagine McClean's losing much sleep over it.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

James McLean on 09:22 - Mar 12 with 4265 viewsstevec

Well I hope QPR apply some commonsense to this.

If this guy gets banned for something so innocuous I hope he or his mates let us know and we back him to get reinstated.

The Grealish incident was disgraceful, that needs to be properly dealt with. But if he gets banned for this then you might as well turn LR into a Library.
James McLean on 09:26 - Mar 12 with 4258 viewsdannyblue

James McLean on 08:57 - Mar 12 by BrianMcCarthy

I don't think we've ever had a cross word on here about poppies, which reflects the general feeling that wearing one or not is a personal choice.

I won't wear a red one, I support McClean's right not to, but unless I'm missing something there's very little here to be apologised for. It was hardly abusive and I can't imagine McClean's losing much sleep over it.

This.

I have no problem with McClean not wearing a poppy and no problem with someone shouting at him during a football match.
James McLean on 10:03 - Mar 12 with 4197 viewsfrancisbowles

If that was all that it was then that is ridiculous.

If they are looking into this then the club had better get investigating full time all the gestures that I have witnessed being made several times a game by numerous people towards opponents and their fans and all the times I have heard the c word used in an aggressive manner towards players and coaches of both teams as well as the officials and our board members.

We won't be needing a new stadium after they have all been banned.

Whilst we are at it let's get MOTD and the other football shows trawled through for similar offences....how far back do you want to go?
James McLean on 21:20 - Mar 12 with 3919 viewsdistortR

'where's your poppy?'

Could be calling Mclean a bastard, of course
[Post edited 12 Mar 2019 21:20]
James McLean on 22:00 - Mar 12 with 3833 viewsBoston

John Terry’s dad doesn’t wear poppies - but he’ll sell you their byproduct.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2019 22:00]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

James McLean on 06:59 - Mar 13 with 3634 viewskomradkirk

McClean is lucky he doesn't need to rely on letting his football ability do his talking for him.
James McLean on 08:21 - Mar 13 with 3556 viewshubble

I get the impression most of you haven't actually seen the footage. It was abusive. Disgraceful in fact. Not simply 'wear a poppy'.

Not sure if this will work, but here it is:

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024